• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
Had some time this morning and got myself a streak in Platinum's Battle Tower since I'm short on BP; currently at a 42 streak with no real close calls. I have traded all of my Pick Up pokemon to different games so I decided to start leveling up some new Pokemon so I can start to farm the three new evolutionary stones. Ended my playtime with spending time in the Underground - creating a sphere farm has really made the underground an enjoyable experience, I highly recommend doing it.

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
Had some time this morning so I went to continue the next set of 7 on my Platinum Battle Tower streak. Cruised through the first six battles with ease. Battle 7 against Palmer wasn't necessarily difficult but he got two untimely critical hits which complicated things a bit. Took the win, my 20 Battle Points, and Gold print and went on my way.

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…
I'm wrapping up my Platinum game and preparing to start Soul Silver.

This week, I got my last few evolutions done. I had to evolve Mamoswine, Weaville, Mantine, and Dusclops. I still need to evolve the Mareep I just caught to Ampharos, but I might just trade that to Soul Silver. I am also catching the Regis - I only need to catch RegIce.

I've basically used Poke Transfer to move most of my captures over to White 2 and into Bank from there. I still need to move my core team, reserves, Legendaries, and Unknown out to Bank and trade a few Level 1 Pokemon into Soul Silver (Lvl 7 Glaceon and Leafeon since I can't evolve those in Johto, Lvl 1 starters, and a few other low-level Pokemon).

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…
So I’ve completely wrapped my Platinum game this week. I‘ve captured all of the legendaries in the game and sent them up to Bank through one of the 5th Gen games I have. I had to change my plans briefly when I learned that I could get the other two members of the Creation Trio. They were surprisingly easy to catch.

Started my Soul Silver game yesterday. I’m using Cyndaquill as my starter, and my team will mostly consist of Pokemon I bred in Platinum and traded over. These include:
  • Riolu - Lvl. 1
  • Turtwig - Lvl 1
  • Piplup - Lvl 1
  • Chimchar - Lvl 1
  • Eevee - Lvl 1
  • Eevee - Lvl 1
  • Glaceon - Lvl 7
  • Leafeon - Lvl 7
  • Ralts - Lvl 1
  • Shinx - Lvl 3
My goal is to minimize captures, so I will be using this group as my core team. I have a few gaps I need to fill (like a flying type), but outside of that and any rare, Legendaries, and pseudo-legendaries, I don’t really plan to capture too many Pokemon. The traded Pokemon also help ease the difficult level curve. I know that makes the game less challenging, but I don’t have that much time to grind and level up.

zolios

I just defeated Dahlia in my Heart Gold to get the Battle Arcade Gold Print. I also got the Battle Castle Gold Print a while ago but I forgot to post about it on here. This means that with the Battle Tower and Battle Hall Gold Prints from before (I talked about them on here earlier this year), I now have 4 Battle Frontier Gold Prints and I'm very close to reaching my goal of having all 5 Gold Prints on my Heart Gold. Only Battle Factory left and tbh I'm not looking forward to having to leave my team that helped me win first 4 Gold Prints behind and being forced to use random Pokemon. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get the last Gold Print.

The team I used to get these 4 Gold Prints was: Red Gyarados, Garchomp and Alakazam (for the Battle Hall challenge I went with Garchomp out of these three).

Edit: Also if anyone has done the Battle Factory challenge, do you have any advice for me? Do both Lvl. 50 and Lvl. 100 challenges give you a Gold Print or just Lvl. 100? If both give out the Gold Print then which one is better/easier to do, Lvl. 50 or 100?

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I just defeated Dahlia in my Heart Gold to get the Battle Arcade Gold Print. I also got the Battle Castle Gold Print a while ago but I forgot to post about it on here. This means that with the Battle Tower and Battle Hall Gold Prints from before (I talked about them on here earlier this year), I now have 4 Battle Frontier Gold Prints and I'm very close to reaching my goal of having all 5 Gold Prints on my Heart Gold. Only Battle Factory left and tbh I'm not looking forward to having to leave my team that helped me win first 4 Gold Prints behind and being forced to use random Pokemon. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get the last Gold Print.

The team I used to get these 4 Gold Prints was: Red Gyarados, Garchomp and Alakazam (for the Battle Hall challenge I went with Garchomp out of these three).

Edit: Also if anyone has done the Battle Factory challenge, do you have any advice for me? Do both Lvl. 50 and Lvl. 100 challenges give you a Gold Print or just Lvl. 100? If both give out the Gold Print then which one is better/easier to do, Lvl. 50 or 100?
Either is fine for earning the Gold Print, but Lv. 50 is faster, since Lv. 100 Pokemon have a lot more HP.

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
If memory serves, it's important to switch pokemon constantly due to your starting pokemon having less/no IVs or EVs and the farther you go, the better the rental pokemon's hidden stats are.

Could be wrong and it's been a while, but I remember it being important to pick a strong team to start but to also be prepared to dump it quick.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
took a recently learned trick from crystal digital version. beating the generic team in the 1st useful kanto town. the 3 johto starters are a bit annoying to beat as the meganium is a pain in the butt. i used sword dance Fetch'd in crystal for easy peezy win. i did that trick in HG also, EVPZ win if i avoid too much leech seed, protect stalling and toxic damage (pecha berry held) can sweep all 3 easily or atleast get down to typholsion with 5 members at full health on my team.

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
Despite Generation IV being my all time favorite, I never owned Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii - really not sure why. Anyway with the remakes coming out, I figured the price would only go up so I purchased the game recently. I've only beaten 1 of the 2 starter colosseum's with the rental pass, but it's been a blast so far. Excited to be able to take my actual teams over and use them.

I'm a big fan of Battle Tower and post game battle challenges so I'm looking forward to a lot of these game modes.

Despite Generation IV being my all time favorite, I never owned Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii - really not sure why. Anyway with the remakes coming out, I figured the price would only go up so I purchased the game recently. I've only beaten 1 of the 2 starter colosseum's with the rental pass, but it's been a blast so far. Excited to be able to take my actual teams over and use them.

I'm a big fan of Battle Tower and post game battle challenges so I'm looking forward to a lot of these game modes.
I'd really like to hear more on your Pokémon Battle Revolution journey. Recently started this game myself but like you have only cleared the first rental colosseum.

Martinat388

I like water types
Now that BDSP are out and Cynthia has become the strongest trainer of all time, I've decided to continue grinding for red, because let's be real here: if I can't beat red, what chance do I have against Cynthia? I needed to stall her out in the 1st fight till she only had poison jab and swords dance so that Lucario could freely defeat it with dragon pulse, so my team will definitely need changes.
Anyways, back to the topic of HGSS, here's the levels of my team:
Greg (Feraligatr): Lv 85 (5 left!)
Wooloo (Ampharos): Lv 80 (5 left!)
Oh-ho (Ho-oh): Lv 76 (9 left...)
Dream (Dragonite): Lv 75 (10 left...)
Eusine (Suicune): Lv 75 (10 left...)
Tidal king (Lugia): Lv 75 (10 left...)
I'm grinding Ho-oh right now, and since I have Pryce, Chuck, and Clair's phone numbers, I can rematch them, so I'll do Pryce to level up Ho-oh. After Ho-oh, I'll level up Lugia, then Dragonite, and finally Suicune. After that I'll finish grinding Feraligatr, then finish grinding everyone else in the order I've been grinding them in.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A few days ago, I visited the Lottery Corner in Radio Tower in HeartGold. To my surprise, the ticket's number fully matched Rusty's (Jasmine's Steelix's) ID number. So, my prize was a Master Ball, which I've never been able to win this way. I've no idea which Pokemon I'm going to use it on, though.

zolios

I just bought Soul Silver last week and today I started a playthrough on it. I easily beat Falkner with my Geodude, got my first Badge from him and made my way towards Azalea Town, I reached the town and saved in the Pokemon Center.

My team for now is: Lacoste the Totodile, Clockwork the Hoothoot and Korg the Geodude.

Also the Battle Frontier challenge on my Heart Gold is on hold for now since I don't enjoy the randomness of Battle Factory and not being able to have/build my own team. I failed a few times in the last couple of months and decided to take a break since it was very frustrating to struggle this much on my last facility of the challenge, especially after beating the other four facilities relatively quickly and without much issues. Will probably try again in a few months but until then I'll just relax and enjoy this casual Soul Silver playthrough as well as Legends: Arceus once that game comes out.

Last edited:

zolios

I'm six Badges deep in my Soul Silver playthrough and I finally have my full team (not everyone is fully evolved yet tho). My team is:

- Lacoste the Feraligatr
- Clockwork the Noctowl
- Korg the Golem
- Genos the Scyther
- Frozone the Glaceon
- Wanda the Misdreavus

I also just did a Bug Catching Contest and won with a Lv. 15 Butterfree, got a Sun Stone as a reward but I wanted a Dusk Stone the most. Will probably have to trade a Dusk Stone (as well as Metal Coat) over from my Heart Gold at some point before the Elite 4.