• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
Ecruteak gym is down! I taught Plum shadow claw and he easily made his way through the ghosts inhabiting the gym. Another badge down we moved on and made our way to Olivine. Here we climbed the lighthouse (and during all the battles Noodles, Cinnamon and Plum evolved!) and discovered that Amphy was sick. Jasmine asked me to fetch some medicine from Cianwood, so we set off.

The trip to Cianwood was uneventful, but once there we bumped into Suicune and then received the medicine before taking on the gym. Chuck's Primeape was actually a bit of a pain as none of my team knew any moves that were effective against fighting types, but we pulled through and the Storm Badge was ours!

Returning to Olivine we gave the medicine to Jasmine and Amphy was healed. Then I got a call that the safari zone was now open. On my way there I caught a new team member - Yogurt the Seel! I also backtracked a bit to Union Cave and made went through it to the Ruins of Alph for my final team member - Cocoa the Natu!

Finally I made my way to the safari zone and began training in the grass outside. Cocoa evolved and then I healed up and saved.

Team:
;156; - Pepper, Lv 32 *shiny
;181; - Cinnamon, Lv 32
;148; - Noodles, Lv 32 *shiny
;217; - Plum, Lv 32
;086; - Yogurt, Lv 32
;178; - Cocoa, Lv 32

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Played Platinum and encountered Beldum in a swarm at Route 228, but when I tried to catch it, it kept on coming out of Poké Balls and failed to catch it. It was really frustrating. Then I saved there.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I left Eterna City next and visited the Old Chateau and caught a wild Gastly inside, then I headed south to Route 206. I arrived at Cycling Road after getting an Exp. Share from Professor Rowan's assistant inside the gatehouse and I rode my Bicycle downhill and I fought against several Cyclists for experience next. I eventually arrived at Route 207 and hurried south towards Oreburgh City and healed my Pokemon at the local PC, then I accessed the Sinnoh Underground via my Explorer Kit. Soon I returned to Route 206 and I used Cut and walked through the tall grass beneath Cycling Road. I encountered a wild Kricketune in the tall grass and I caught it for my Dex, then I thrashed some gross Hiker and saved the game.

Kalosian

So long
Platinum: Continued training the two teams/half-teams/non-teams/whatever and I have gotten quite far in the past days. Several important things have happened along the way. Priscilla learned Power Gem at level 50, the final move she needed that she could only get as a Misdreavus. I used a Dusk Stone on her afterwards and evolved her into Mismagius. Then I taught her Energy Ball through TM, making her moveset complete. Coreflow learned Meteor Mash at level 53, which completed its moveset.

Aeroslash evolved into Salamence at level 50 and I taught him Earthquake through TM afterwards. He still has one move left to learn though. Also, Flaresmash learned Flare Blitz at level 57, completing his moveset. All six Pokemon are now fully evolved and except for Aeroslash, they all have their final movesets. 10 levels left to go before they are done. I can do this. I'm expecting them to be done at some point next week.

Not a team:
;468; Ivorycraft - level 60
;376; Coreflow - level 60
;429; Priscilla - level 60
;373; Aeroslash - level 60
;350; Sirenheart - level 60
;392; Flaresmash - level 60

HeartGold: I really wish the following Pokemon could be turned off. That alone would make the game slighly better and more fun to play. I have noticed that I use the bike as much as I can just to avoid this useless feature.

Anyway, I started training Tyrogue. It eventually reached level 20 and evolved into Hitmonchan. That was just what I wanted, so it was done. Continued by training another Tyrogue. This one was a little trickier to get into what I wanted it to be and I had to give it some Proteins to balance it Attack and Defense. It evolved into a Hitmontop in the end, which is just what I wanted. Now, my Johto Dex is almost complete, only have a few more Pokemon left to obtain in it. Next up, I am going to train a Squirtle.

I flew to Sandgem town and got on my bike, I'm constantly cycling towards Route 202, Route 219 and back and the music keeps changing. I wonder if other people also hear the music in the game and I mean EVERYWHERE in the game. I mean really, how hilarious would that be? Wouldn't you freak out if the music would change over and over? Man, that would be super annoying right?
Well this was fun and healthy, but now I'm tired.

I should probably talk to Dawn but I'm scared that I would pant into her face and I have no idea if I ever brushed my teeth, used mouthwash or chewing gum during my journey. Is that even possible? Did anyone ever brush their teeth in Pokémon. I haven't seen the anime in years but I'm not sure if I ever saw scenes of anyone brushing their teeth. Same with the game, what if everyone's breath just smelt horrible and I never said anything about it.
To be honest, the only thing that you usually say to everyone is yes or no unless it's an interview. Next to yes or not there should be a third option called "Please brush your teeth!". Am I right guys?
Seriously though, maybe it will be in the next Pokémon game. Okay it's kinda an option in Pokémon Go since you're the trainer in the game. But wait, I'm also the trainer in this game... Okay this is getting too deep.

Anyways, now had some time to think and relax I can talk to Dawn without being worried that I blow my breath in her face.
Oh snap! I forgot that I was still on my bike and I hit her, what do I do now?
Sorry!
So, ehm, what's up? Did the professor really say that? That's cool, I'm going to talk to him now! It's funny how she never responds to whatever I'm writing here. Okay, that kind of stuff is making my posts too weird again. I'm pretty sure that everyone always starts feeling a bit uncomfortable whenever they're reading my posts. Don't worry, I also feel uncomfortable whenever I'm reading my posts back lol

What's up, Rowan? oic You just wanted to know about my Pokédex.
Right... Didn't Dawn say anything about Spear Pillar? I remember that place from Super Smash Bros Brawl rofl
This is gonna be one epic adventure but I'm tired so I'm going to call it a day and continue my journey somewhere in the future.
I just realized that all I did was being a DJ on my bike, talking to Dawn and Professor Rowan and let my weird thoughts do the rest.
Oops

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
I got everyone trained up to level 37 (during which Pepper evolved! He's also acquired a Shiny Leaf from somewhere. I can't remember where he picked it up) and then took on Jasmine at the gym. Pepper effortlessly swept through her team and then we set off for Mahogany Town where we learned something strange was going down at the Lake of Rage.

Upon investigating I discovered a red Gyarados in the lake and after catching it I met with a man named Lance, who asked me to help him with a strange radio signal. This eventually led me back to Goldenrod, where I discovered Team Rocket had taken over the radio tower.

Once again it was up to me and my team to save the day. We rescued the Director and defeated Team Rocket and were rewarded with a Rainbow Wing for our efforts. Then we returned to Mahogany and took on the gym, which was made easy by Pepper and Yogurt.

Next stop: Ice Path!

Team:
;157; - Pepper, Lv 40 *shiny
;181; - Cinnamon, Lv 40
;148; - Noodles, Lv 40 *shiny
;217; - Plum, Lv 40
;087; - Yogurt, Lv 40
;178; - Cocoa, Lv 40

Lorde

So I finally pranced into Wayward Cave via the main entrance. I quickly dashed through the cave and fought wild Pokemon in the darkness and used Rock Smash like crazy, then I encountered Mira and she and I team up. As we sashayed blindly through Wayward Cave, I used Machop's Rock Smash some more as we wandered aimlessly and soon Mira and I fought some trainer duos as well as more wild Pokemon. I spent some time grinding and leveled up my team and caught a wild Bronzor, then Mira and I finished exploring the cave. Mira and I exited Wayward Cave and I strutted south and healed my team at Oreburgh City's Pokemon Center, then I revived my Armor Fossil inside the Mining Museum and saved.

Kalosian

So long
Platinum: Continued with the training. I have started battling the Battleground trainers now since the Pokemon I am training are strong enough to handle them, but not without problems. I have gotten most of the not-team past level 60 now. Would have liked to have gotten them even further but I haven't had a lot of time and decided to not rush it since I don't need to. Also, Aeroslash learned Dragon Claw at level 60, which completed his moveset. Furthermore, this means all members of the team now have their final movesets, which is great. Now, all that remains is a bit of training. I am still aiming to be done with everything sometime this week, hopefully by the end of the week at the very least since I don't think I will have a lot of time to focus on this.

In training:
;468; Ivorycraft - level 65
;376; Coreflow - level 62
;429; Priscilla - level 62
;373; Aeroslash - level 63
;350; Sirenheart - level 65
;392; Flaresmash - level 60

HeartGold: Started training Squirtle. Battled my Rival at Indigo Plateau yesterday which made it grow by several levels and it evolved into Wartortle. Continued training it today and it eventually grew into Blastoise. With that, I had obtained all members of all the Kanto starter families. I was done with the Johto starters since earlier so now I only have the starters from Hoenn and Sinnoh left. With Blastoise done, I went to the Day-Care and withdrew the Larvitar I had left there, deposited a Lileep instead. The Larvitar was at level 35 when I withdrew it, so it has quite a long way left to go. I started training it a little today and got it to level 37. It evolved into Pupitar along the way. Will continue training it until it reaches its final stage.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
I have never beaten the generation four games, Diamond and Pearl. I got Diamond when I wasn't really into Pokemon anymore. I just got it as my first DS game because it was Pokemon and I was curious about it. I never heard about it beforehand. Then later on I got Pearl out of boredom. Stopped at the Elite Four several times in both games. Recently I have the urge to go back beat generation four. I head Platinum was better out of the three so a few weeks ago I bought it used from Gamestop. I turned it on and saw the last owner left their save file on it. I saw they beat the game so I was happy to be able explore the areas I never got to in Sinnoh (the post game areas). I opened up the menu to see their team. Who did they have on it? Manaphy! I can't believe they had an event Pokemon!

So currently I'm seeing if there's any hard to get Pokemon to transfer them up to my 6 gen games before I start my own file. A few days ago I looked up legendaries that can be found in Platinum. I saw the Bird Trio was on the list, but they'r roaming. I gave up and then I remembered you can catch them in the gen 2 remakes. I can't believe I never bother to catch then in my SS file until now. lol

Aquarelle

Staff member
Haven’t had much time to play for a while, but I managed to start a new open level Battle Factory streak on Platinum today. I rented a team of Venusaur, Dragonite, and Pinsir and got through the first battle pretty easily. I then swapped Venusaur for a Rhydon since I figured it would be useful against my next opponent’s Altaria. That Rhydon ended up being extremely useful and got me through the next several battles on its own. I eventually exchanged it for an Electivire, though, when I was about to face a trainer with a team that Rhydon wouldn’t have been able to handle. Anyway, Electivire carried my team through the remaining battles. So, I managed to get my streak back to 7 wins. It wasn't that difficult, much easier than some of my previous attempts.

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
I made it through Ice Path to Blackthorn City. Got distracted for a bit when I decided to go catch a bunch of Pokemon for the dex, then finally went to take on the gym.

Things were going swimmingly until Kingdra. I hadn't bought enough items and was ill prepared and half of my team fell before Pepper came through for me and finally took Kingdra down (also Pepper has now acquired a second Gold Leaf).

With the badge in hand I went to see Prof. Elm who gave me a Masterball and then went to visit the Kimono Girls. I battled them all and then went to summon Ho-Oh. It took me a bit, but I managed to catch it.

Now it's on to Victory Road! The Pokemon League awaits!

Team:
;157; - Pepper, Lv 41 *shiny
;181; - Cinnamon, Lv 42
;148; - Noodles, Lv 41 *shiny
;217; - Plum, Lv 41
;087; - Yogurt, Lv 41
;178; - Cocoa, Lv 41

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Platinum: Continued with the training. I got all six Pokemon to level 65 or higher, Aeroslash and Sirenheart even got all the way to level 70, so they are now done. And the others don't have that much left either. I will be done with this very soon, just as planned.

Still not a team:
;468; Ivorycraft - level 67
;376; Coreflow - level 65
;429; Priscilla - level 68
;373; Aeroslash - level 70
;350; Sirenheart - level 70
;392; Flaresmash - level 65

HeartGold: Continued training Pupitar and got it to level 45. It has 10 levels left to go which shouldn't take too long. I am aiming to get it done by the end of the week.

Lorde

So I left the Oreburgh Mining Museum and hurried back to Route 207 and saw Dawn. She gave me the Dowsing Machine app and the Vs. Seeker, then I fought trainers as I headed to Mt. Coronet. Once I was inside, I encountered Cyrus who was talking to himself. I soon exited Mt. Coronet and arrived at Route 208 and thrashed more trainers as I walked over a river on the wooden bridges. I arrived at the tall grass section now and caught a wild Bibarel. I got an Odd Keystone from a dude as well and picked some Berries outside of the Berry Master's residence and walked inside. I bought Mulch inside and I got the Berry Searcher app as well from a girl. I then dashed east to Hearthome City afterwards and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I decided to take a break from the Battle Factory today, so I went down to the Battle Arcade for a change of scenery. After getting out a team of Salamence, Lucario, and Gengar from the PC, I continued the current streak of 7 wins that I had going on. The first battle I had was a little annoying because I stopped the roulette on the wrong tile and got my Pokemon’s HP lowered. It wasn’t that difficult to win, though. For the remaining battles, I managed to get the roulette to land on spots that benefited me. The trainers were pretty easy, too, so I defeated them all and then earned some BP.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Six new Pokémon at level 100, baby! #301 - #306 consist of the team that I used in my recent play through of Heart Gold. After collecting all the Kanto Gym Badges, I transferred them all over to my Soul Silver, and power leveled them all the way to 100 using Gym Leader rematches.

Took about a week of casual play to grind it out, but it was fairly easy to accomplish all in all. Esmeral was the only one that posed much of a problem for me, considering that it's super weak offensively. First was Starscream, my Scyther. I leveled him against Erika, since Grass is weak to both Bug and Flying. Then came Soundwave, my Alakazam, and Jetfire, my Farfetch'd, who were raised against Chuck. Fourth was Nightbird, my Sandslash, who made easy work out of Lt. Surge. Fifth was Esmeral, who reached level 100 using the Exp. Share, rather than going toe to toe with an entire Gym Leader's team. Finally was Ransack, my Tentacruel, who utterly decimated Brock. Once they were all level 100, I transferred my team back to Heart Gold, and began wrapping up a few things.

First off is the list of Legendary Pokémon that I have to collect. There are a total of 10 Legendary Pokémon that I currently possess the ability to unlock. I had already caught Ho-oh, who I named Alexstraza, after the matron of the Red Dragon clan from Warcraft lore. I know that it's supposed to be spelled Alexstrasza, but that exceeds the 10-character limit in Fourth Gen games. I also managed to capture Lugia after wandering the Whirl Isles for awhile. Funny thing was, getting it whittled down to 1 HP and paralyzing it was much harder than actually capturing it. I managed to succeed with my first Fast Ball. However, there are two minor is

The second thing I need to complete is getting all (but one) of the Gym Leader phone numbers. The only one I don't want to get is Blue, because he's not very useful to level against. The others are all type-themed, so they're easy to grind against. I have yet to actually start this, though.

I also just beat Red. Before I can unlock Kyogre, I had to climb Mount Silver and take out Red. Man, believe me when I tell you that this battle was epic as heck. I always love the Kanto Champion Theme as the "ultimate final boss" music. Since I needed my two HM Slaves, I was restricted to only four of my team members. I chose to take my strongest four with me. Starscream, Nightbird, Soundwave, and Ransack.

He led with Pikachu and I with Nightbird. Red had the speed advantage, but Pikachu's Iron Tail barely did any damage to Nightbird. It did lower her defense, though. However, I retaliated with Earthquake, and Pikachu was down for the count. His next fighter was his Lapras, so I brought in Soundwave. This time, speed was on my side, and after two Shock Waves, his Lapras was KO'd. But I did end up eating a Blizzard, which had perfect accuracy due to the permanent hail effect. His third was his Snorlax, and in came Starscream. I didn't waste time using Focus Energy, instead I went straight into my offense, and powered through him using X-Scissor.

The second phase of the fight were the three Kanto Starters. Charizard was first out, and he was met by Ransack. This put us in a stalemate of Ransack using Brine, and Red healing with a Full Restore. After about the third one, he gave up trying to keep his Charizard awake, and let me take it out. Charizard was followed by Venusaur, and I brought Starscream back in. Two Wing Attacks and Venusaur was defeated. His final Pokémon was Blastoise, and I was curious whether or not I should switch. I decided to leave Starscream in, and just power through Blastoise as best as I could, then switch over to either Soundwave or Ransack. Turns out, Starscream got a lucky Critical Hit with X-Scissor and one-shot Blastoise, ending the match.

Did I mention how much I love this fight?

Lorde

So I finally stepped through Hearthome City's gatehouse and walked along until some Pokemon Contest chick's Buneary bumped into me. After scolding it, I sashayed north through the city and I visited the local PC and I healed my team inside. Next I explored more of Hearthome City and stopped by the Pokemon Fan Club and spoke to the chairman and got myself a Poffin Case. I made Poffins in a house next and snatched a Shell Bell inside another building as well, then I pranced north to the Pokemon Contest Hall and spotted the elusive Gym Leader Fantina in front. She said that I needed more badges before challenging her however, so next I simply entered the Contest Hall place and saw my mom inside there.

Kalosian

So long
Platinum: Completed the training. All the Pokemon I was training reached level 70. So they are now done for the time being. I could have trained them further but I felt that this is enough, they will get a bit more training on the games they will be sent to anyway.

The final result:
;468; Ivorycraft - level 70
;376; Coreflow - level 70
;429; Priscilla - level 70
;373; Aeroslash - level 70
;350; Sirenheart - level 70
;392; Flaresmash - level 70

Afterwards, I traded over them to the games they are destined to be on. Ivorycraft, Coreflow and Priscilla were traded to SoulSilver, while Aeroslash, Sirenheart and Flaresmash got to HeartGold. So they are now on the games they were planned to be on, and I am not going to do anything more major on Platinum for now, will wait until I am done with what I have left on HG/SS. Though I will probably have to use it for various trades with HG/SS for Pokedex purposes in those games.

SoulSilver: Traded over Ivorycraft, Coreflow and Priscilla from Platinum, so I am now ready to continue on the Pokedex. Getting these new Pokemon ready took a while as expected, but I have a feeling it will be more than worth it in the end. I deposited my old in-game team, don't think I'll ever use them anymore in the future. I don't want to use them again, they were one of the worst teams I have ever made and I will not miss them at all.

With the Johto Dex complete, I had to get started on the National Dex as well. Since the Johto Dex contains all Pokemon from Kanto and Johto, the regional dexes I have left are Hoenn and Sinnoh. Will do them in order, so Hoenn is first out. I have already caught and obtained several Pokemon in this part of the Pokedex (and the same goes for Sinnoh), but there is still quite a lot left.

Started by withdrawing the Beldum I received from Steven in a trade. Trained it until it grew a level and evolved into Metang. Didn't need to get it any further as I already had Metagross in the Pokedex thanks to Coreflow. Continued by going to the Safari Zone. I am going to try this place and see what it is like at least, not going to catch every single Pokemon that is exclusive to it but going to get a couple of them at the very least.

So I went there, changed some of the areas to three that I knew I would need. Entered and placed the blocks that I am hoping will give me what I want and it felt like it took forever. Not only is the Safari Zone itself badly executed, the way the blocks has to be placed is also extremely inefficient. It feels like it takes forever to place the right blocks. I am glad that I won't have to do this that much, there is no way I would have the patience for that. I placed all the blocks that had to be placed, then I left. If I have done everything right, some new Pokemon should appear soon, while others will take a little longer. 20 days or maybe less depending on how in the world this place actually works, I don't even understand it. Headed out to Route 47 where I caught a Ditto in the grass, will have to use it for something special later on. Didn't feel like doing more today. Next up, I am planning to send over some Pokemon from third gen that I need for the Hoenn part of the Pokedex here. Will do that tomorrow, I have already started with the preparations on Emerald.

HeartGold: To start with, I traded over Aeroslash, Sirenheart and Flaresmash from Platinum. These three will be my new training squad here, so I boxed my old in-game team (or at least, the five members that remained from it as one of them left for adventures in other games long ago), will not be using them anymore. Though, I actually liked this team quite a bit, it was fun to use, balanced and useful in many instances throughout the game. But their time has passed, it is time for others to shine in their place.

Today, Remoraid were swarming in this game. This was fantastic as it was the last swarming Pokemon I needed for the Johto Dex. I went out to Route 44 and caught one. I have also continued training Pupitar for the past days. And today, it finally reached level 55 and evolved into Tyranitar. With it done, I deposited it and started training the Remoraid I caught instead. It grew a few levels and evolved into Octillery. And with that, my Johto Pokedex on this game was complete. 256 Pokemon seen and caught.

I went to Professor Oak who evaluated it for me, he congratulated me for completing it and now he won't ever have to evaluate my Johto Dex again. I also went to the Game Freak director (or what he now is) in Celadon who gave me a Diploma. To end the day, I went to the Safari Zone. I had apparently not even been here in this game since I had unlocked the ability to use the blocks, so Baoba told me a little about them and now I can use them. I did the same thing as I had done in SoulSilver, placed the same types and amounts of blocks in the same areas. I really hope this will unlock the Pokemon I am after, even if some of them will take a bit of time to appear. Decided to quit there for today, more tomorrow.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
My Legendary Pokémon capturing spree is almost completed. I have ten of the eleven Pokémon that I can capture. The only one that eludes me is the elusive Raikou of elusiveness, the elusive eluder!

The thing is, when I go Legendary Hunting, I always take with me a Catcher Pokemon. Most people use a Smeargle, but I don't. In fact, many years ago, I bred five Gallades for each of my Fourth Gen games. Each Gallade was bred with Mean Look (egg move), taught the False Swipe and Thunder Wave TM's, and learned Hypnosis at level 50 as a Kirlia before I evolved them with a Dawn Stone. As of now, one resides in my Sixth Gen games, one in my Fifth Gen games, and the other three are in my Fourth Gen games. The moveset provides incredible potential for catching Pokémon. Runners are no match, since Mean Look prevents them from fleeing. Thunder Wave is instant Paralysis, and Hypnosis works for those who are immune to Thunder Wave. False Swipe is fairly obvious, since it always leaves them with 1 HP. I've given them all the name "Catcher", since that's what they're for.

Going in, I wanted to catch them all using Apricorn Balls, so throughout my journey, I stockpiled the balls, always going to Kurt and getting more every day.

250.gif
The first one I caught was Ho-oh, way back when I first had the Clear Bell and the Rainbow Wing, once I had all eight badges. I needed all eight because I needed to be able to fully control my Catcher. The battle was fairly simple, and I eventually caught it using a Love Ball. I named her Alexstraza, after the matron of the Red Dragonflight, and ruler of life, from Warcraft. I know it's supposed to be spelled "Alexstrasza", but there is a hard limit on how many characters a name can have.

249.gif
Next up was Lugia. Truthfully, getting to Lugia was harder than actually catching it. Took me almost an hour of wandring the Isles until I finally found it's lair. The battle itself was simple. Weakened it to 1 HP, Paralyzed it, and tossed a Fast Ball. Caught it on the first try. I gave him the name Malygos, patron of the Blue Dragonflight and father of magic, again from Warcraft.

245.gif
The next one on the list was Suicune, found on Route 25. Again, this battle was fairly easy, since I could just tank it out using my level 100 Chansey, Esmeral. Any damage that Suicune dealt was instantly healed off thanks to the Leftovers and Esmeral's monstrous 642 HP. Again, I caught it using a Fast Ball, and named her Bubbles. Yes, after the Powerpuff Girls.

144.gif
Moving along, Articuno was the next target. I knew an easy path to get to it. By surfing to Seafoam Islands from Fuchsia City, I was basically given a "back door" to Articuno. The battle was pretty basic, again I relied on Esmeral to tank all the hits while I tossed a bunch of balls. I decided that for the bird trio, I'd give them names of gemstones, but I didn't want to use either Ruby or Sapphire, since those are Pokémon games. So, I decided that I'd give Articuno the name "Amethyst". Strangely, this one was also caught in a Fast Ball.

145.gif
Then comes Zapdos. Getting to it was super easy, and I simply employed the exact same strategy I used for Suicune and Articuno. Even caught it using a Fast Ball as well. Following my theme of using gemstones as names, Zapdos was given the name "Topaz".

146.gif
The thing with Moltres is that it's not in the same spot it was found in Red and Blue. It's actually found in the lower routes of Mt. Silver Cave, opposite of the path you'd take to find Red. Again the battle was easy, since it only uses Special Attacks, I could once again employ Esmeral as a tank. This time though, the succeeding ball wasn't a Fast Ball! Shock and horror! It was actually a Friend Ball that worked. In keeping with the theme, Moltres was named "Garnet".

150.gif
In my previous post, I mentioned that there were ten Legendary Pokémon that I needed to capture. In reality, there were actually eleven. I had forgotten the original master of Pokémon battling, Mewtwo. Of course, this meant that I had to go through the entirety of the Cerulean Cave, and finally reached him. I beat him down hard, and eventually caught him using a Friend Ball. I gave him the name "Arrancar", which comes from the Bleach manga/anime.

382.gif
The next Pokémon was Kyogre, and I could only get access to this one after I beat Red. Once I beat him, I could get the Kanto starter from Oak, and then the Blue Orb from Mr. Pokémon. The battle with Kyogre was pretty simple, since I could just reuse the same method I used against most of the Pokémon so far. Weaken with Catcher, then tank it with Esmeral. I ended up catching it in a Heavy Ball, and decided to name it William.

380.gif
And now comes the runners. This game features three of them, and the first one I went after was Latias. I had to tank her with Catcher, since Mean Look requires Catcher to stay in. Fortunatley, Latias is only level 35, so her attacks are fairly weak. I ended up catching her in a Level Ball, and named her Etna, after the Beauty Queen Demon Lord of Disgaea.

244.gif
Back to Johto for the next runner. This time, it's Entei, the volcano Pokémon. Yesterday, both Raikou and Entei were giving me a bunch of trouble, but I just now caught it super easily using a Love Ball. I decided to name her "Blossom", again after the Powerpuff Girls. Take one guess what Raikou's nickname will be once I catch it?

Now, for Rayquaza and the Gen 4 Box Legends, I can't catch them because I don't have the required Pokémon to unlock them. If I kept my Kyogre in Heart Gold and ended up replaying Soul Silver before transferring it, I could eventually get two more Rayquazas, but I don't really NEED two more.

Kalosian

So long
SoulSilver: Started by Pal Parking over six Pokemon from Emerald that I will need for the Pokedex. These included the Hoenn Starters. I withdrew the Treecko and started training it. It evolved into Grovyle, then Sceptile. And with that, I had a reached a total of 400 Pokemon registered in my National Dex. Another milestone reached, really happy about that. Feels like there isn't that much left now, though I do believe it will take a while before I have all the remaining ones as well. The Treecko line is done so next up is Torchic, I withdrew the one I have from the PC and will train it next.

HeartGold: Going to get started on the Hoenn part of the dex here as well now that I am done with the Johto Dex and have all Pokemon from Kanto and Johto registered. But I am going to start a bit differently here compared to SoulSilver as I don't have as many Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh registered here to start with. Decided to start today by checking if I had completed all in-game trades since that is another thing I want to complete in this game that isn't related to the Pokedex. In Johto, I had completed all of the in-game trades except for two, the one in Blackthorn and the one with Jasmine in Olivine. I didn't have a Female Dragonair so I couldn't complete the Blackthorn trade yet, but I went to Olivine and gave Jasmine a garbage Pokemon, obtaining a Steelix from her in return.

Got a call from Baoba who told me that the Pokemon in the Desert Part of the Safari Zone had changed. Just as I had expected. I went there to see what had happened. And I ran into a... Cacnea? I had expected it to appear, but I thought it would take 20 days, not one. I also met a Vibrava, which I hadn't expected to appear at all. What is going on? Just when I thought I had figured out how the Safari Zone works, it shows me that I still have no idea about what is going on in it. I caught both of these Pokemon anyway since I needed them for the Pokedex. Decided to check the other areas I had placed items in as well. In the Wasteland, I found and caught a Skorupi, which is what I wanted. But I also found and caught Solrock, which I hadn't expected to appear. Really weird. Decided to check the third area as well, the Marshland, but found nothing of interest there. Though I did run into some high-leveled Gloom and Jumpluff, but didn't catch either of them as I had no need for them.

I placed some more blocks in other areas, hoping that it will attract new Pokemon, then I left. Went to the Pal Park in Kanto and sent over the same species of Pokemon that I sent over to SoulSilver, all which I need for the Pokedex here as well. Then I checked which in-game trades I had left in Kanto. Started by trading my Forretress for a Beldum with Steven. Continued to the Power Plant where I traded my Dugtrio for a Magneton. I had completed the trade in Pewter City, but not the ones with Brock and Lt. Surge so I will have to do them at some point too. In total, I have three in-game trades left and I will complete them all eventually. But first, other things. Starting tomorrow.

Lorde

I gossiped with my mother at Hearthome's Contest Hall and participated in a Contest, then I strutted out to the streets and I visited some other buildings around the city and stopped by Amity Square as well. Then I sashayed east to Route 209 and spotted John before I entered the gatehouse. We fought against each other next and I slayed his Starly with Pachirisu, then his Buizel with Grotle. Next I used Staravia to thrash his Roselia, then I used my Shellos against his Monferno and I arrived in Route 209 after beating him and snatching the Happiny egg. I received a Good Rod from a Fisherman and I fought trainers as well. I pranced north past the Hallowed Tower after beating a chick, then I saved near Lost Tower.