• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Drummerdude

I headed south of Veilstone City and battled the trainers along the way including inside of a restaurant for some reason. After a nice stroll along the beach I arrived in Pastoria City where I immediately headed to the Great Marsh and captured my fifth team member, a Tangela! Next stop was the gym and after a quick battle with Barry I headed into the gym where Tangela, Luxray, and a newly evolved Porygon-2 made quick of the gym trainers and Crasher Wake. Porygon-2 beat Gyarados with Shock Wave, my Tangela defeated Quagsire with Mega Drain and Luxray took out Floatzel with Spark. After the battle we heard about something weird happening inside the Great Marsh when suddenly BOOM! I chased after the Galactic Grunt who set off the bomb and spoke with Cynthia about some Psyduck before taking a break.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I went east, and I battled several trainers until I arrived at the Ice Path. I skated on the ice and found the HM for Waterfall. I also caught a Delibird. Near the end of the path, I found a kimono girl who was stuck on the ice. I helped her, and I eventually arrived in Blackthorn City. I explored the city for a bit, and then I went south, where I managed to catch a Skarmory. I saved afterwards.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Took care of another 10 trainers at the Battle Hall today with my Garchomp pair. None of the trainers were difficult and Outrage destroyed everything I faced (except Shedinja, but those were easily dealt with using Fire Fang).

After that, I left the Frontier and biked back to Olivine City. I wandered around the city for a little while before heading towards Ecruteak. Along the way, I picked a couple of Apricorns off trees.

Also, I reached 400 hours of playtime on HeartGold today, which I'm ridiculously happy about (been stuck in the 390s for too long lol).

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Restarted my Soul Silver and despite using pretty much the same standard team I've used multiple times before, I'm enjoying myself.

Current team:
Bayleef L26
Pidgeotto L25
Quagsire L25
Flaaffy L25
Espeon L29
Lapras L25

Nothing has been too difficult so far. Flaaffy took out Falker and Bugsy, Whitney got beaten by a combination of Bayleef (for Clefairy, then Reflect versus Miltank), Flaaffy (Thunder Wave) and Quagsire (Tail Whip and Mud Shot). Getting Eevee to evolve into Espeon before L15 (for Confusion) was painful but he tore through Morty's gym afterwards.

I also discovered I have this guy roaming around while I was training Lapras up. Just about gave me a heart attack when I encountered him.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I battled some trainers south of Blackthorn City, and I went into the Dark Cave and explored there for a while. I caught a Wobbuffet, and I went back to the gym in Blackthorn. I had little trouble with the gym trainers, but Clair gave me a rough time for part of the battle. Despite that, I slayed her entire team. She refused to give me the badge, and she told me to go into the Dragon's Den. I saved in there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went over to my Platinum for a little while today, mostly just to explore for fun. I had saved in Sunyshore City last time, so I started by exploring that town for a little bit. Then, I moved on to other areas and kept going until reaching the other side of the region in Canalave. Along the way, I talked to a bunch of NPCs and did a few little things here and there. For instance, in Veilstone my Ampharos got a massage and I played the slots at the Game Corner for a while. I also visited several Gyms and defeated some wild Pokemon I encountered. It was all really nice since I'd been missing the game.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I challenged the Battle Arcade next and had a better time inside cuz the roulette kept giving me good results hee hee. I didn't get to battle Dahlia sadly, but I did spend some of my BP. :D
- I caught wild pokemon on Route 230 after leaving the Battle Frontier and I visited my villa at the Resort Area also and saw Cynthia inside. I visited the Ribbon Syndicate place as well.
- I worked on my dex some more and did some breeding and evolved pokemon also. I then challenged the E4 for money. I defeated Aaron, Bertha and Flint fast, then I took a break. ^^

Goggled Petilil

likes maids
I picked up Heart Gold again after not playing it for a few months. I remembered that I was doing a Furret-only run. I only needed to defeat Brock, Blaine and Blue before I had all the Kanto badges. Did that and then went up to Mt. Silver to challenge Red. Beat him on my second try (and by spamming a lot of items).
Glad to have that over with. It was fun to defeat everyone with Furret. :p

Vroomer

Picked up a copy of HG at GS today. Started playing.

Starter: Cyndaquil.

Team: Sentret, Pidgey, & ... Metapod.

Leveling up Pidgey to catch up with Cyndaquil. Will be my go to Fly poke. The Metapod and Sentret are filler, for now.

Never played this gen before. Had GSC, but RB burnt me out playing them. Too much grinding back then.... Anyway, got my Dex, defeated the red haired boy. I named him Ash. Got my pokeballs. And off we go!

HG:

Enjoying my play through. Some things aren't up there with Gen 6, but overall not as bad as Gen 1. :)

Defeated the first two gyms. Saved the slowpokes from Team Rocket. Kurt made my first Heavy Balls. And I caught a Ditto next to the daycare. Will definitely use that to breed out Eevees for my Dex. Earned 69 coins in he Game Corner.

Trying to catch all in the area as I go. Had to go from Goldenrod City back to the Professor to show him my hatched Togepi. Got the Everstone. So, last night, I did catch a Ghastly in Sprout Tower.

Current team: Quilava 19, Flaaffy 17, Pidgey 16, Bellsprout 16, Togepi 13, and Drowzee 12. Trying to keep them all leveled up. Thinking of swapping out Drowzee for my Abra.
Dex Seen: 54
Dex Caught: 23

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I started breeding for some Poekmon on my HeartGold. I want to replay one of my Fourth Gen games soon, so I'm going to breed for a team to use first. Anyway, I started by putting my Tangrowth and a Ditto in the Day-Care. I obtained some Tangela eggs and hatched them, then went to check their IVs at the Battle Tower. I ended up choosing one that had perfect Special Attack along with the Nature and Ability I wanted. Next, I swapped Tangrowth out at the Day-Care for Empoleon and started hatching Piplup. One Piplup had a pretty high IV total all around, so I decided to go with that one. Next time, I'll hatch some more Pokemon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I began my Diamond game all over again last night cuz I want to do soft resets for some shiny Sinnoh legendaries eventually. I picked the female character and spoke with my mother.
- I left my home and visited Barry, who wanted us to visit Lake Verity cuz of the news broadcast he had seen. We arrived there, but two wild Starly began attacking us in the grass. ^^;
- I grabbed Chimchar's Poke ball out of the briefcase nearby and defeated Starly and Lucas came by and told us to visit Rowan's lab. I then stopped in Twinleaf town again and rested.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On HeartGold, I went over to Fuchsia City and entered the Pal Park building. I did the capture show twice and caught some Pokemon that I'd sent over from my Emerald. All the Pokemon were holding items, mostly TMs I plan to use on the Pokemon I'm breeding for.

After that, I flew back to Johto and returned to the Day-Care. I decided to breed for a Snorunt, which I want to evolve into Froslass. I picked up some Snorunt eggs and started working on hatching them. After hatching all of them, I checked the IVs of the females. All of the female Snorunt have pretty good IVs, though I haven't decided which one I'll raise yet.

Drummerdude

I healed the Psyduck north of Solaceon Town and made my way north to Celestic Town. After stopping a Galactic grunt from setting off a bomb or something I did battle with Cyrus and managed to beat his Dark team. Cynthia's grandmother gave me Surf so I went and explored all the areas I could now visit with this new HM before heading to Canalave City and beating Barry once more. Next I went to Iron Island and trained my team to lv42 before letting Infernape and Gastrodon run wild in the Steel Gym. Byron's Pokemon were no match for my team and after three simple fights I had my 6th Badge. Barry said Rowan wanted to talk in the Library but I took a break before listening.

Vroomer

HG - my first play through of a gen 4 game and "gold."

Picked up Fly. Restored the lighthouse. Captured Red Gyarados - Score! Cleared out Team Rocket. And then the ice gym... I get the gym leaders being a little higher level. However, the route to the gym does not support the XP needed to level up for the gyms. Level 15 wild pokes vs level 25+ gym trainers and 30+ leaders. 2 Hyper Potions sunk my chances and resulted in my second wipe at a gym. Dewgong was a royal pain! Miltank was difficult. This was worse. Think I'll have a gym team and a capture team.

Small rant: RBY was bad that you needed to really grind to take on the elite 4 and champ. This, to me, is a worse because of the disconnect between the town gym and routes that connect it.

On a positive note, I have all the eggs I need for all the Eeveelutions. :) will hatch and evolve them after this first part is done. Before Kanto.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I decided to keep a Snorunt with perfect Speed, so I released the other ones. After that, I flew back to Goldenrod City and went down to the Day Care once again. I put my Infernape and Medicham there and hatched a Chimchar with a couple of egg moves. Then, I bred that Chimchar with a Ditto with the right Nature and hatched several more eggs. One of the Chimchar I hatched had 3 perfect IVs, which was really nice so I decided to go with that one. Next time, I'm going to breed for a Buneary.

Drummerdude

Inside the Library Rowan wanted Dawn, Barry, and I to go look at the three lakes when suddenly an explosion went off which sent us scurrying to out respective lakes. Upon arriving at Lake Valor I started taking on the Plasma Grunts before sweeping Saturn with Porygon-2 and Infernape. I flew to Lake Verity and helped Dawn with Mars before heading north through the snowy routes of Sinnoh to Lake Acuity. Along the way I caught my final team member, a Sneasel. I couldn't access the Lake without Rock Climb (was it like that in D/P?) so I headed to the Snowpoint Gym and took on the icey trainers before challenging Candice. Infernape took out Sneasel and Abomasnow with Mach Punch and Flamethrower respectively, Tangrowth defeated Piloswine with Mega Drain and Sneasel shined with Faint Attack against Froslass. With the Icicle Badge I was able to climb the mountain side only to witness Barry being defeated by Jupiter. I headed to Veilstone and took a break.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I followed my mom's advice and went to Sandgem town in order to visit professor Rowan's lab. I crossed Route 201 and I leveled up my Chimchar while beating wild pokemon there.
- I was soon in Sandgem town and Lucas invited me into the lab and Rowan gave me my Dex and I went outside and visited the mart and pokemon center also. I then walked north.
- I saw Lucas again in the grass next and he showed me how to catch pokemon and gave me Poke balls. I caught a Starly and Shinx and I beat trainers and reached Jubilife city finally. ^^

Aquarelle

Staff member
Bred for a Buneary today. First, I bred my Lopunny and Medicham to get a male Buneary with the elemental punches. Then, I bred that Buneary with one of my Ditto and started hatching eggs in hopes of getting a Buneary with the right Nature and Ability. I hatched a couple of Buneary with the Nature/Ability combo I wanted and then went to the IV checker in the Battle Tower. One of them had flawless Attack and Speed, which was awesome, so I picked that Buneary.
So now, that's 5 Pokemon done. Next time, I'm going to breed for a Gligar.

Vroomer

HG:
Finished all gyms last night. Got my 8th badge. Team was: Typhlosion, Shiny Gyarados, and Kadabra. Shiny Gyarados was my all star with Dragon Rage and Ice Fang. Hyper Potions saved his fishy butt quite a few times. Felt like I was facing a champion... Not a fan of the gym leader's tantrum after beating her. Sour grapes needs to train better and treat her pokes and opponents with some respect. Dragon Den complete. Just need to plan out my Dratini. Got one with Extreme Speed. Oh yeah!

Elite Four and Lance - here I come!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Swapped out my Buneary at the Day Care with my Gliscor. I then collected Gligar eggs until my party was full and rode my bike until they all hatched. After checking IVs, I decided to go with a Gligar that had two flawless IVs.

Now, I've finished breeding for a complete team of six Pokemon. I want to EV train them all next, so the other thing I did today was pass the Pokerus onto all of them. I put a Pokerus Pokemon in my party and then took the train to Kanto to do some battles. At the dojo in Saffron City, I rematched Janine several times and got the Pokerus on my Tangela, Piplup, and Snorunt. Then, I put the other three Pokemon in my party and went around Kanto battling wild Pokemon. Chimchar and Gligar got the Pokerus pretty quickly, but Buneary took forever for some reason, which was annoying.

Anyway, now that all six Pokemon have the Pokerus, I'll start EV training them tomorrow.