• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- Whew Candice's gym was hard to navigate through hee hee. ^^; I crashed through snowballs and defeated the people inside while slipping on ice, then I challenged Candice.
- I used Infernape and Lucario to make quick work out of Candice's ice types, then she awarded me the Icicle badge. I stepped out and went to Lake Acuity next and saw Jupiter.
- Barry had been beaten by Jupiter, so now it was all up to me to rescue Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie from Team Galactic at Veilstone. I sneaked into their headquarters next and battled.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I hatched my riolu egg and named him Zeus. Unfortunately he has a timid nature but oh well. After that I got his happiness up so he evolved. Next I beat The 6th gym leader and then beat the trainers on the route south of sand gem town. After that I beat the galactics at the first two lakes. After that I made my way slowly to snowpoint city. Then I beat the trainers in the gym and then beat Candice very easily with just Zeus, Olymoia, and Artemis beating froslass without missing with shadowball even though she had snow cloak and used double team =) finally I beat everyone in the galactic hideout except Saturn.
Current team
Taylor the torterra lv 42
WizWing the starapter lv 42
Bow the gengar lv 45
Olympia the clefable lv 43
Artemis the vaporeon lv 42
Zeus the lucario lv 43

Recently I began a mission to get my first Johto shiny using the soft reset method at the start of a new game with full odds (1/8192). I didn't keep track of the number of resets but after around 10-12 hours of attempts, one managed to shine! Sadly for me, it was a Totodile which is my least favourite Johto starter but at least it managed to show up before I smashed the DS into little bits with frustration! Ha!

Now that I have Crocodilly on board, I have begun a playthrough in which I will attempt to complete the national dex as much as possible and collect every item, while battling every trainer, and unlocking ever little bit of Soul Silver along the way. In most playthroughs I end up beating the Elite Four and pretty much giving up on the rest of the extra content of the game but decided to be a proper completionist this time around.

So far, Crocodilly and I have captured a bunch of early game critters including Sentret, Rattata, Pidgey, Hoothoot, Geodude, Spearow, Weedle, Kakuna and Ledyba. None of them put up much resistance getting into the Pokeballs that were thrown at them despite expecting a little more effort with the Kakuna. Out of all of the critters snagged from the wild, only Pidgey made it onto the battling team that I am putting together since Pidgeotto is my favourite Pokemon :)

Both Crocodilly and Pidgey are at level 13 now and my next steps will be to take on Falkner of Violet City while capturing the remaining Pokemon that have not already been collected for the Pokedex in the surrounding area.

Badges: 0
Pokedex: 10

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I kept exploring Team Galactic's HQ and I warped around via warp panels and soon I had reached Cyrus' office and I challenged him. Of course he lost and gave me the Master ball.
- I visited the hidden floor which contained a sinister lab. I saw Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie inside and freed them after I had beat Saturn. I then healed my team at the pokemon center. ^^
- I left Veilstone city and visited Mt Coronet's interior cuz I knew that Team Galactic had gone there. Once I had climbed to the snowy area, I used Rock Climb and caught a Abomasnow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued exploring the Battle Zone island, starting where I last saved on Route 226. I fought some trainers as I scaled the cliffs there with Rock Climb, then started Surfing across a small section of water. On a small island in the water, I went inside a house and got my Pokedex upgraded to be able to show entries in foreign languages.

Next, I skipped over Route 227 for the moment and continued onto Route 228. I braved the raging sandstorm there and managed to defeat every single trainer. I then entered Route 229, but didn't do much there as I wanted to get to the Resort Area ASAP to heal my Pokemon. Once my team was healed, I talked to some people around the Resort Area and got the villa.

After that, I went back to Route 229 to explore it and do some more training. When I finished fighting all the trainers and some wild Pokemon, my whole team was at least level 60.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Today, I flew to Indigo Plateau to battle my rival in HeartGold. Entei easily destroyed his whole team and hit Lv 83. Then, I battled the wild Pokemon in Ilex Forest with the newly hatched Mime Jr. until it hit Lv 10. Afterwards, I flew to Mt. Silver to train my Linoone. Suddenly, I encountered a shiny Golduck in the cave. I weakened it a bit with Slash and threw a Dusk Ball, successfully capturing it. After checking the PC, I learned he had a Hasty nature and Damp as an Ability. I visited the Trainer House in Viridian and, after beating Cal, saved the game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Healed at the Resort Area again and then went out to Route 230. Wasn't a whole lot to do there. I Surfed across the bay and fought several Swimmers, which helped my Tangrowth grow to level 63. I also landed on a small island briefly and found some items on it. Soon after, I reached the Fight Area again.

After that, I started walking back to Route 226. Once there, I headed north to Route 227 and saved. Next time, I'll explore that route and also visit Stark Mountain.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I made my way to Mt coronet where I battled all ofthe galactic grunts. After that I got tothe spear pillar and beat Mars and Jupiter very eeasily. Next I went through the distortion world and just caught giratina with my master ball, I was just going to kill it but this is easier XD Next I made my ay to Sunyshore city where I battled all of the gym trainers. Now I just need to get everyone to lv 48 and then I will battle Vulkner. Current team:
Taylor the torterra lv 45
WizWing lv 45
Bow lv 48
Olympia the clefable lv 48
Artemis the vaporeon lv 45
Zeus the lucario lv 47

Aquarelle

Staff member
Began exploring Route 227. I battled a couple of trainers at the start of the area and defeated them using Lopunny. Then, I ran into my rival and Crasher Wake and spoke to the two of them for a little while. Once that was over, I continued heading north and training. I eventually ran into Buck again, who forced me to patrol the mountain for him, whatever that meant, while he just stood around. I just battled a few more Pokemon before arriving at the exterior part of Stark Mountain.

As I made my way to the entrance to the Stark Mountain cave, I saw a pair of Galactic Grunts enter it. When I went inside, I came face to face with a group of Team Galactic members and had to fight Mars. My Lopunny defeated Bronzong using Fire Punch and managed to KO Purugly as well. Then, I switched to Empoleon and had it Ice Beam Golbat. After that battle, I battled Jupiter. Lopunny took down Bronzong like in the previous battle, but got pretty low on HP. So, I had Empoleon deal with both Golbat and Skuntank.

Once those two battles were over, Mars and Jupiter both decided to bail on Team Galactic and left never to be seen again. Charon was still around, though, and told me about his plans with the Magma Stone or something before heading deeper into the mountain with two grunts. I healed up my team and then saved.

Rotom1598

EV training

I'm currently playing Pokemon Platinum, and as I have already completed the game I now plan to capture and train all my favourite Pokemons for my team, and also complete the pokedex.
I traded a misdreavus from my soul silver over to my platinum, and bred the misdreavus to get one with a modest nature.
Used Calciums to raise it Sp.Atk EVs to 100, and then battled wild Budews and Ralts to get it to 252 EVs.
Now when i attempt to train it in speed using Carbos, the Carbos "wont have any effect" although it has 0 EVs in Speed. Very confused, saved the game and stopped playing.
;200; ;429;​

arceus03

Just beat the E4 for the first time. Got the S.S ticket from Professor Elm, and got the Pokedex upgraded to National Mode. Been resetting before entering the Bug Catching Contest ever since; I want to get a Shiny Stone to evolve Togetic. So far, I've gotten Dawn Stone, Oval Stone, Dusk Stone, Fire Stone amd Thunderstone. Ah well.

Pokeathlon might be a better place to try and get one but my stylus is missing >.>

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished climbing the side of Mt Coronet and defeated a few more Galactic grunts, then I reached Spear Pillar. I saw Cyrus up there and now Barry and me battled Mars and Jupiter.
- We managed to win the tag battle and then Cyrus' Red Chain let him summon Dialga, which made things crazy until Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf arrived. I defeated Cyrus as well any ways.
- I challenged Dialga and caught it and now the crisis was over and I spoke with professor Rowan. I left Mt Coronet and visited Oreburgh city and swapped pokemon and shopped. :]

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went through Stark Mountain today. I spent a little bit of time in the first room of the cave, where I pushed some Strength boulders, found some items, and didn't do much else. In the next room, I met up with Buck once again and we teamed up to go through the room together. The room was very large with many trainers, so I was there for quite a while. I didn't get lost, though, which was nice. Most of the time I spent in that room was due to fighting trainers. My Pokemon gained quite a lot of experience, but each of them except Lopunny fainted at least once. Buck's Claydol wasn't totally useless, but...

Anyway, I reached the door to the final room eventually. I think I missed a pair of trainers in the big room, but I guess I'll just go back for them later. In the last room, Buck and I found Team Galactic and watched Charon steal the Magma Stone. However, Charon's plans were destroyed when a Croagunk took the stone and a Rock Smash boulder evolved into Looker to have him arrested.

After all that, I talked with Looker outside the cave while Buck returned the Magma Stone to its place. I saved after everyone left.

arceus03

A bunch of resets later, I got a Shiny Stone :3 I evolved Togetic and had him learn Air Slash and Aura Sphere. Then I went to Olivine and boarded the S. S. Aqua.

I must say I quite like the new design. Battled all the trainers and found the gentleman's grandchild, got a Metal Coat and reached Vermillion. Getting ready to face Lt. Surge.

I'm underleveled now ¬.¬ Might train a little bit if I'm not feeling too lazy XD

Aquarelle

Staff member
I walked back to the Survival Area today. After dumping my HM slave in the PC and getting my whole team together, I talked to Buck by the house next to the Pokemon Center. He let me come inside, where I found out that it was the Battleground for Gym Leaders and other tough trainers.

After that, I decided to fight the trainers who were at the Battleground to help level up my team. Today, Mira, Fantina, Volkner, and Crasher Wake were there.

Mira - was the most difficult battle. Her Togekiss was a beast - defeated my Infernape with Extremespeed surprise & my Empoleon with an Aura Sphere crit, plus was bulkier than I'd expected. That sucked.

Fantina - easy Infernape sweep

Volkner - easy Gliscor sweep

Crasher Wake - I started with my Empoleon because I thought I taught it Grass Knot, but then I found out I didn't. Whoops. I got Empoleon to defeat Sharpedo, then did the rest of the battle with Tangrowth and Froslass.

Once I won all those battles, I healed my team and saved for the day. I'll likely train at the Battleground next time, too, since I need to level up my team more for the Elite Four rematches eventually.

Rotom1598

I walked back to the Survival Area today. After dumping my HM slave in the PC and getting my whole team together, I talked to Buck by the house next to the Pokemon Center. He let me come inside, where I found out that it was the Battleground for Gym Leaders and other tough trainers.

After that, I decided to fight the trainers who were at the Battleground to help level up my team. Today, Mira, Fantina, Volkner, and Crasher Wake were there.

Mira - was the most difficult battle. Her Togekiss was a beast - defeated my Infernape with Extremespeed surprise & my Empoleon with an Aura Sphere crit, plus was bulkier than I'd expected. That sucked.

Fantina - easy Infernape sweep

Volkner - easy Gliscor sweep

Crasher Wake - I started with my Empoleon because I thought I taught it Grass Knot, but then I found out I didn't. Whoops. I got Empoleon to defeat Sharpedo, then did the rest of the battle with Tangrowth and Froslass.

Once I won all those battles, I healed my team and saved for the day. I'll likely train at the Battleground next time, too, since I need to level up my team more for the Elite Four rematches eventually.

Oh, I've been doing the same thing.
Training Mismagius and Luxray (shiny) at the Battle ground to get them to level 100. Mismagius is quite underleveled at 54, but easily sweeps Fantina. It just requires to be switched with Luxray when it comes to Drifblim.
I have a Froslass too, but I am not battling with it anymore to keep it from leveling up, because im waiting to reduce its EVs to 0 and then EV train it, because otherwise I find it quite weak. How do you use your Froslass? Can I ask what moves does it know, and do you EV train your Pokemon, because i just started doing that.

Otherwise, I have completed the game and currently now just doing all extra things like completing the Pokedex and training my favourite pokemons.
I hatched a Yanma and started training it, and also caught a Shiny Starly (my fourth one) by Pokeradar chaining.
Have planted EV reducing berries all around Sinnoh, and have farmed a lot of them. I am also earning BP at the Battle Fronitier for the power items. I have just beaten Palmer at the Battle Tower with my Garchomp, Gallade and Empoleon.
;429;;405;​

Last edited:
Soul Silver

Hanging around Violet City I added Bellsprout from Route 31, Zubat and Dunsparce from Dark Cave, Gastly from Sprout Tower, Onix from the in-game trade and Slugma from Primo to my collection. Luckily for me the Dunsparce didn't take too long to find and none of the Pokemon were hard to catch. Since it takes a while for Zubat to gain enough happiness to evlove to Crobat, I've decided to add him to my team for now.

With my Pokedex up-to-date, I moved onto the Violet city gym and swept Falkner's team with Crocodilly. Afterwards, Prof Elm called me with a request to stop by at the mart and speak to his Aide. Mister Speccy-four-eyes gave me an egg that soon hatched into Togepi. I rushed it back to Prof Elm and he gave me an Everstone for showing off the rare baby Pokemon. The Everstone was given to Crocodilly since he is much cuter as a Totodile than a Croconaw/Feraligatr.

Pressing on to Route 32, I stopped by at the Ruin of Alph to pick up an Unown. This little ****-smear cost me SIX POKEBALLS but finally was caught before Ekans, Mareep, Hoppip and Magikarp were all added to the collection. Although Hoppip is fairly weak, I taught it the nearby Bullet Seed TM and added it to the squad to evolve it all the way to Jumpluff.

Crocodilly lvl 16
Pidgey lvl 17
Zubat lvl 9
Hoppip lvl 6
Togepi lvl 1

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 30 seen, 23 obtained

Platinum

Similarly to my Soul Silver playthrough, I've decided to take a completionist's approach to Platinum and set off with the selection of Chimchar (without soft reseting for a shiny this time!). The playthrough so far hasn't raised anything particularly interesting – everything has been fairly easy to catch and no trainers have given me any problems.

I've played up to and completed the Valley Windworks milestone. Each Pokemon on every available route has been caught so far:
Bidoof, Starly, Kricketot, Shinx, Abra, Magikarp, Budew, Wurmple, Zubat, Geodude, Onix, Machop, Psyduck, Pachirisu, Buizel and Shellos.

There have been four evolutions to give me Monferno, Staravia, Kricketune and Luxio and I've started to gather Pokemon from honey trees with Combee and Burmy being my first captures.

Monferno lvl 18
Luxio lvl 18
Staravia lvl 15
Zubat lvl 9

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 31 seen, 24 obtained

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did some more training at the Battleground. I battled four people today:

Cheryl - She's one of my favourite opponents at this place since Wobbuffet is so easy to set up against. My Infernape maxed out its Attack with Swords Dance and then swept her entire team.
Crasher Wake - Had a bit of a tougher time than yesterday. Tangrowth was very useful in this battle, but then Gyarados's Avalanche crit. Later, I discovered that I was really stupid in thinking that my Gliscor could OHKO Ludicolo. Fortunately, Empoleon came to the rescue and defeated those two Pokemon.

Roark - EMPOLEON SUPER SWEEP!
Byron - Needed Gliscor for Magnezone, but Empoleon destroyed the others.
My Empoleon was super useful today, and went from level 62 to 65.

After all of those battles, I returned to Stark Mountain. I headed back inside the cave and made my way to the very large annoying room. I wanted to finish exploring that room now that I was free to use Rock Climb in it. So, I checked out the Rock Climb spots and picked up some items. Also, I fought the trainers that I missed the first time I was there. Turns out there were two pairs of trainers that I missed. I defeated them using Lopunny and Tangrowth for the most part. Once I defeated the second pair, my whole team was level 65.

Next, I reached the final room of the mountain and found Heatran there. After paralyzing it with Tangrowth's Stun Spore, I switched to Empoleon and slowly chipped its HP down to the red zone. Then, I captured Heatran on my second Dusk Ball, which was awesome. Finally, I left and flew back to the Survival Area.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I went to Pastoria city next and kept going east until I was at Route 222 and I defeated trainers as I made my way to Sunyshore city since I needed to win my last gym badge.
- I saw Flint when I arrived at the gate and he asked me to speak to Volkner the gym leader. I stepped into the pokemon center first however and healed my team and I shopped too.
- After exploring most of Sunyshore city, I paid a visit to Vista Lighthouse and saw Volkner up there. He seemed depressed hee hee, but he left to the gym and I went there as well.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Trained at the Survival Area once again. Since it was Saturday, I was able to rematch my rival in front of the Battleground. I had an easy time KOing his Pokemon using my Froslass, Gliscor, Infernape, and Tangrowth. The only tough thing about the battle was his Floatzel's Ice Fang freezing my Tangrowth twice. >_>

Inside the Battleground, only Maylene and Byron were there today. I defeated Maylene using Froslass & Gliscor, and Byron with Empoleon & Infernape. I OHKOed nearly all of their Pokemon IIRC.

After that, I headed back to Mt. Coronet. I climbed back to the snowy part and entered a cave entrance leading to a waterfall. I went up the waterfall and entered a small room where I found the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs. Then, I continued going up and eventually reached the Spear Pillar again, where I found...nothing. Just then, I realized I forgot to go to Celestic Town, something I thought I would've remembered to do...

So, I left and returned to Celestic Town briefly. There, I talked to Cynthia's grandmother, who told me about strange things happening atop Mt. Coronet. Or something like that anyway. When that was done, I returned to the mountain and climbed back up to the Spear Pillar, where I found a blue portal containing Dialga.

I had Tangrowth paralyze Dialga and then I switched to Infernape to weaken it down with a couple of Fire Punches. Next, I tossed a single Dusk Ball and caught it! Yay~
Next time, I'll catch Palkia.