• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have gotten my sixth gym badge. All that is left to evolve on my team are the stone evos Roselia and Murkrow. Currently having just five on my team. I despise Defog and the fog condition with a burning passion

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went to catch the roaming legendaries tonight. I flew to Eterna City and rode my bike between the city and one of the neighbouring routes, tracking the movement of the roamers using the Poketch.

Cresselia was the first roamer I caught since it moved to the same route as me pretty quickly. Getting Mesprit to move to my route took a little while, but I ran into it eventually. I captured both legends using my Pal Parked Master Balls, since catching roamers is annoying lol.

I thought Cresselia & Mesprit were the last legendaries I needed to catch, but I've just remembered about Giratina. So, I'll have to go through Turnback Cave next time.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Beat the Elite 4 and Champion with Level 53-4 Pokemon. Surprisingly Dialga wasn't the ace in the hole I hoped it would be against Garchomp. Instead it was my old pal Squishy the Gastrodon who saved the day against that monster. The Pokeradar has gotten me a female Snorunt. All I need is a Dawn Stone and some levelling up, and I will possess a Froslass to replace Dialga and have that Ice type I wanted while not having any type overlap. That's always important

Aquarelle

Staff member
Tonight, I went out to catch Giratina. I flew to Veilstone and headed down to the Spring Path. Going through the Sendoff Spring, I reached the entrance to Turnback Cave and went inside.

Getting through Turnback Cave went pretty smoothly. I was able to reach the third pillar after 11 rooms, which is quicker than some of my previous trips through the cave. I then entered the final room, saved in front of Giratina, and battled it.

My Magnezone paralyzed Giratina and weakened it to red HP, but then got OHKOed by Earth Power. I replaced it with Yanmega and started throwing Dusk Balls. Catching Giratina took quite a few turns - it broke out of a lot of Dusk Balls at the last second, plus I had to use a few turns to heal Yanmega while Giratina was setting up Shadow Force. I eventually caught it when I only had like 15 Dusk Balls left.

So now, I think I've finished everything I want to do on this playthrough of Diamond. Might go back to HGSS next time.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have caught much of the post-game Pokemon, however I have yet to move to areas beyond the initial Sinnoh. Majority of GBA slot and Pokeradar Pokemon are caught. Now I am levelling up Froslass to be the final member of the team

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In SoulSilver, I went out to grind Charmeleon further by defeating Pokémon at Route 42 and then I flew to Mt Silver to grind further and faster. Grinded a bit more there and currently Charmeleon is Lv 25.

In Platinum, I got out of the Battle Factory and flew down to Hearthome City to hang around in the Contest Hall and talk to random NPCs. Then I flew up to the Resort Area and decided to grind some of my Pokémon at Route 229, especially my underlevelled Steelix. Then after levelling up to Lv 36, I decided to save there.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I purchased a used English copy of SoulSilver version on eBay weeks ago, and it arrived today. I hardly ever play the Gen IV games these days, much less in English, but I was feeling nostalgic for Jouto. The game has a lot of rare Pokemon that I lacked before in other Gen IV games (such as Chikoriita and Odile) that I traded over to Platinum version tonight, and right now I'm just sorting through the PC Boxes. I'll transfer a few of the extra Pokemon to White 2 version, then onto Sun version for my Zukan. Once my Boxes are cleared in SoulSilver, I plan on beginning a new game and possibly starting a Nuzlocke.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played HeartGold for a bit today. I decided to go to the Pokeathlon since I hadn't competed there in a while. I entered the Jump course with a team of Dragonite, Carnivine, and Kyogre. The events were pretty easy for my team and I came first in all of them. I set a new scoring record in the Disc Catch event, at 94 points IIRC. My previous record was something like 79.

After that, I headed down to Goldenrod. I went to the Game Corner, where I played a few rounds of Voltorb Flip and earned some coins.

Drummerdude

Got a used copy of Diamond to play through it again a while ago but never got around to starting it...so I finally did.

I wanted to do a Sinnoh only team which is slightly more difficult in these games than in Platinum I feel. And because the D/P Pokedex sucks if I want a fire type than I have to use Chimchar....which is what I did. We managed to defeat the wild Starly together and Rowan decided to let me keep it. After Dawn showed me around Sandgem Town I trained up Chimchar a bit on Route 201 before fainting to a freaking Bidoof who got 2 critical hits in a row! Good thing this isn't a Nuzlocke.

I actually hurried home after whiting out which was convenient since that is where I had to go to say bye to my Mom. Barry's mom sent me on an errand to find him in Jubilife City and I was off on another adventure! After Dawn showed me how to catch Pokemon I walked into the grass and caught my second team member........a Bidoof. Yep. I'm going to need a Water type and I did not want to use the others. Plus I've never technically finished the game with a Bibarel before but I will now. I trained in the grass a bit before heading through Route 202 into Jubilife City. I met Barry and got a cool Poketch watch before exploring Route 204 to the north. I finished exploring the city and took a break before I head out to Route 203.

390.png
Lv11
399.png
Lv8

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I entered the Bug Catching Contest on HeartGold when the day changed to Thursday. I found a Nincada right away, and decided to catch it to add to my collection of Sport Ball Pokemon. That capture was good enough for second place.

After that, I went around Johto and collected Apricorns. Once that was done, I flew to Azalea Town and received some Moon Balls from Kurt. I gave him 60 of my Grn Apricorns afterwards.

Finally, I entered the Safari Zone to catch some more Pokemon in Safari Balls. I managed to get a Zubat, Fearow, and Nidorina.
I think I'll transfer the Nincada & Safari Pokemon I caught to Gen 6 or 7 eventually.

Drummerdude

After beating Barry on Route 203 I hurried along to Oreburgh City where Chimchar evolved into Monferno which proved crucial in helping to defeat Roark. After the victory I headed back to Jubilife City where I saved Professor Rowan's life from some Galactic grunts and headed north to Floaroma Town. I did not dawdle here but hurried between the Power Plant and Meadows (where Bidoof evolved) to take on Team Galactic and hurry north to the Eterna Forest. See when I was playing it was night and I was in a rush to capture my third team member, a Murkrow. Unfortunately my game (freaking Gamestop) froze after the capture so I had to redo a lot but I managed to successfully return and capture a Murkrow. I helped Cheryl through the forest and trained my team a bit before arriving in Eterna City.

First stop was the gym which wasn't too challenging thanks to Monferno and Murkrow. After the swift victory I went to the Galactic building and saved the bycicle shop owner from the clutches of Jupiter. I tried out a strategy against Jupiter that unfortunately failed. I had Bibarel use Defense Curl against Zubat before it was knocked out with Rollout. The plan was for Rollout to build up power and take out Skuntank. But Rollout decided to miss....Miltank's never missed! Fortunately it only took a few Headbutt's to knock it out. I grabbed a bike and headed south on the small Cycling Road before heading underneath the bridge into the Wayward Cave where I captured my fourth team member, a Bronzor. I took a break after the capture.

391.png
Lv25
400.png
Lv24
198.png
Lv24
436.png
Lv14

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today on HeartGold, I returned to the Battle Frontier. I headed to the Battle Tower, where I added my Starmie & Garchomp to my party before beginning a new Multi Battle challenge. My partner was Mira, who had a Yanmega & Alakazam with her.

The first five trainer battles were really easy. The sixth fight was pretty easy as well, but it was a little annoying at times because our opponents had a Glare-using Dunsparce. Battle number 7, while not overly difficult, was the only battle that Mira and I didn't win using just our lead Pokemon. I switched out Starmie for Garchomp once due to a type disadvantage or something, while Mira's Yanmega got KOed by a Sudowoodo. Still, it wasn't that bad.

I received some BP after defeating those seven trainers, then saved.

Drummerdude

I ventured deeper into Wayward Cave where I found Mira and her stupid Kadabra. Why is it stupid? "Oh look a wild Bronzor I better spam Kinesis and Flash against it instead of using Shock Wave!" So many frustrating battles in here. I did use this as an opportunity to level up Bronzor a bit and we did eventually find the exit. I headed through Mt Coronet into Hearthome City where I met my mom and a gym leader who wouldn't battle me. Whatever. I defeated Barry once again and proceeded east into Solaceon Town and navigated the Ruins and did not get the HM for Defog......I don't remember where you get that. But I did get the Strength HM in the Lost Tower which also came as a surprise.

I continued north towards a quaint little cafe and then east once more towards Veilstone City. I didn't bother to explore yet but instead headed south towards the Ruin Maniac's Cave where I captured my fifth team member, a Hippopotas. The first 2 I found had -Atk natures which was a no go from me. Luckily the 3rd was lonely which I was fine with. Unfortunately all three are female and I personally perfer the male Hippowdon design. I'm sticking with what I have though because I am just far too lazy to bother catching another one.

391.png
Lv30
400.png
Lv29
198.png
Lv29
436.png
Lv27
449.png
Lv22

Aquarelle

Staff member
I did another round of Multi Battles at the Battle Tower today. My partner was Mira again, partly because I forgot she was my partner last time, and partly because her Yanmega & Latios seemed like good Doubles partners for my Earthquake-using Garchomp.
Anyway, the battles were still pretty easy. My Garchomp handled most of the opposing Pokemon by itself.

After that was done, I left the Battle Frontier and went back to several areas around Johto. I picked some of the daily Apricorns, then went to Azalea Town to pick up my latest batch of Apricorn Balls.

Drummerdude

After catching Hippopotas (why can't this thing learn Dig??) I returned to Veilstone City and headed straight for the gym. Bronzor and Murkrow took care of all the Fighting types easily and the gym puzzle was rather simple. After winning my third badge I helped Dawn recover her Pokedex and headed south to Pastoria City. I spent probably too much time in the Great Marsh catching a wide variety of Pokemon but it still 4-5 visits before I caught my final team member, a Carninvine! I spent a few days training Carnivine and Hippopotas at the resort before returning to Pastoria City to take on Crasher Wake. His Gyarados was not as difficult as I expected and fell to 2 Grass Knot's from Carnivine who also took out Floatzel and Quagsire. I chased down the Galactic Grunt and got a Secret Potion from Cynthia and headed north to Celestic Town while Bronzor evolved during the journey.

After defeating another Galactic Goon I finally got HM03 Surf which was taught to Bibarel. Next I flew to Hearthome and took on the calculator gym. I intentionally fought the trainers and had an easy time with Fantine. Murkrow and Hippopotas did well thanks to their dark type moves. With the ability to Surf I explored the region once more fighting trainers and picking up helpful items. Once the exploration was complete I flew to Jubilife City and took a break.

391.png
Lv35
400.png
Lv34
198.png
Lv35
437.png
Lv35
449.png
Lv34
455.png
Lv35

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I hatched some eggs on HeartGold. I plan to do another SoulSilver playthrough one day (hopefully soon, but who knows), so I wanted to start getting some Pokemon to use on my team.

I started by breeding for a Houndour, which I've been wanting to use on another game after having a Houndoom on my current Crystal run. I had a male Houndoom with Flamethrower and Dark Pulse, so I put it in the Day Care and hatched four Houndour with those moves. One had Flash Fire and a perfect IV or two, so that was the one I went with.

After that, I hatched a few Chinchou. All had Volt Absorb, the right Nature, and what looked like at least one perfect IV, so I went to the IV judge at the Battle Tower to check. In the end, I kept one that had perfect Special Attack, and Speed or something.

Been working on playthroughs of Pearl and Soul Silver for a little while and beat the Elite 4 in Soul Silver yesterday. This time around I've been working on a livingdex for the Johto and Sinnoh regions. This means completing a livingdex for the initial Poked - NOT including the nationaldex. In Pearl I have only a few Pokemon left to catch including: Drapion, Mesprit, Munchlax, Feebas and Spiritiomb. All of these are VERY annoying to get so I decided to start work on Soul Silver; this way I can use my Pokewalker to help me get Munchlax, Feebas and Spiritomb!

So far in Soul Silver I have got 137 Pokemon registered and stored in the PC so I'm pretty happy with the progress. Not looking forward to catching Entei and Raikou since it is so annoying to catch roaming Pokemon (think I'll invest in a Wobbuffet or something similar to help me out). For now, entering Kanto is my focus and boosting my Pokedex even further.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hatched a few more eggs today, trying to get a good Pidgey. It's been a long time since I've used a Pidgeot on a team, so I want to use one on my next SoulSilver playthrough.

One of the Pidgey I hatched had perfect IVs in Attack and Speed. That was good enough for me, so I kept that one.

While hatching my eggs, I went around Johto and picked more Apricorns as usual. I didn't get any Apricorn Balls from Kurt in Azalea Town today, though, since I forgot. : p

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I cycled a bit around Mt Silver and I tried to grind Charmeleon a bit to evolve it into Charizard and it got to Lv 26 for now. My Nidoking got to Lv 33. And the majority of the Pokémon I found were Golbats this time around.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Bred for a Cubone tonight. I started by breeding my Marowak with my Tyranitar, since I wanted to pass on Tyranitar's Earthquake and Rock Slide. Once I had a male Cubone with those moves, I stuck it in the Day Care with a Ditto. Hatched four more Cubone, and ultimately picked one that had flawless HP/Attack/Defense IVs.

While hatching the eggs, I did a few other things:
-went around both Kanto & Johto picking Apricorns
-got some Level Balls from Kurt & gave him all my Blu Apricorns
-bought a Swords Dance TM at the Goldenrod Game Corner
-played some Voltorb Flip and earned 300+ coins in total