• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Today in Soul Silver Version I only played for a little bit to explore Goldenrod City. I did some shopping at the department store, gave Thor a haircut to raise it's affection, and visited the radio tower to acquire the radio card for my Poke Gear.

The next day I headed back to Route 35 to focus on training certain members of my team. With enough hardwork Thor evolved into Pikachu, Vulcan into Quilava, and Athena into Nidorina.

Before challenging the gym I've decided to invoke the Whitney Clause, which means I can use a full team of six to battle Whitney since her Miltank is notoriously difficult. I started the match by having Athena use Double Kick on her Clefairy who was defeated in two turns.

Next came the demon cow of Goldenrod City, Miltank... I switched Thor in to paralyze it with Thunder Wave so it'll use its berry. Miltank used Rollout which knocked Thor out in one hit. I then switched Athena back who avoided the next rollout attack. Athena used Poison Sting and luckily poisoned the beast. Figure every little bit of health I can chip away will help. Next turn Athena got hit by a stomp and flinched. Same thing happened next turn but sadly she got knocked out. I sent out Terra next who while falling for her attract was able to land a Rock Tomb, which lowered the cows speed. I was able to do it again the next turn while taking very little damage from stomp. By now Miltanks health was in the yellow due to poison, but of course next turn she used Milk Drink to recover the majority of her health. This routine of me dealing damage to it and it healing itself went on for a while. Eventually Terra, Neptune, and Vulcan fell to its rollout or infatuation. Finally tired of this dance I sent out Polaris (Level 55) whom I borrowed from my Platinum playthrough and it beat the demon cow in one hit with a Bubblebeam.

Having rightfully claimed victory I acquired the badge from her and proceeded to go next door to get the squirt bottle.

After capturing Sudowoodo I decided to head back to New Bark Town to tell my mom to stop buying me berries and other useless items with my money! She keeps calling after every battle to say she's bought something.

I headed back west through Violet City and decided to stop at Route 36 before calling it a night.

Current Team:
156.png
Vulcan (Quilava)(M)(Charcoal)
025.png
Thor (Pikachu)(M)(Soothe Bell)
060.png
Neptune (Poliwag)(F)
095.png
Terra (Onix)(M)(Quick Claw)
030.png
Athena (Nidorina)(F)

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Today in Soul Silver Version I reached Ecruteak City and talked to Bill in the Pokemon Center. I went over to the PC to review my current team and realized I dont have enough powerful moves and type coverage. So I decided nows the best time to add some new members to my team.

First I caught a Spearow by headbutting several trees. I named her Hera and after some training she evolved into a Fearow.

Secondly I had to return Polaris over to Platinum I decided to transfer over another egg I prepared. After some time a Sneasel hatched from the egg and I decided to name him Loki.

Thirdly while back in Goldenrod City I stopped by Bill's house to receive an Eevee. After soft resetting a few times I finally got a female Eevee and decided to name her Freya. I immediately gave her the Soothe Bell since I want to evolve her into an Espeon.

I spent the rest of the day raising Loki and Freya to be around the same level as the others. I plan on challenging the Ecruteak City gym soon!

Current Team:
156.png
025.png
Thor (Pikachu)(M)
060.png
Neptune (Poliwag)(F)
095.png
030.png
Athena (Nidorina)(F)
022.png
Hera (Fearow)(F)
215.png
Loki (Sneasel)(M)
133.png
Freya (Eevee)(F)(Soothe Bell)

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Not much to post. I’ve beaten the 1st gym on both Platinum and HG. On HG I progressed a little further. Received a mystery egg from Elm’s assistant. Battled everyone but the fishermen, on my way to Union Cave.

Teams:
Pullup Pen/Prinplup
Shinx

Quilava
Bellsprout

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Today in Soul Silver Version I visited the Ecruteak City gym but was told the leader is currently away and I could find him at the Burned Tower. I was promptly kicked out of the gym and proceeded towards the tower. There I met Morty and Eusine who has a weird fascination with Suicune. Disregarding him I then battled my rival who was fairly easy due to my team having the type advantage. His Croconaw was a bit tougher due to it using Ice Fang and easily defeated Thor. Before falling Thor was able to use a Thunder Wave and thundershock to slow it down. Luckily its health was down to yellow at this point and I sent in Freya to finish it off with a few tackles. After beating my rival I went downstairs to encounter the three beasts who ran off.

Next I challenged the Ecruteak City gym with Vulcan, Loki, Terra, and Hera. Loki was able to easily defeat every ghost type Pokemon he NPC's had. For the battle against Morty I started with Hera who defeated Gastly in one hit with an Aerial Ace. Terra was able to beat the first Haunter with a combination of Rock Tomb and Sandstorm. Next he sent out Gengar who beat Terra with a single Shadow Ball. Hera fell shortly afterwards and it was now I decided to send out Loki to finish it with a Faint Attack. Morty then sent out his second Haunter who cut its health in half with Curse, Vulcan was able to beat it with a single Flame Wheel.

After claiming my fourth badge I headed towards Olivine City and encountered my rival by the gym. He told me the gym leader was away taking care of an Ampharos in the lighthouse. While climbing the lighthouse Neptune gained enough experience to evolve into a Poliwhirl.

After claiming my fourth badge I traveled west towards Olivine City. I encountered my rival outside the gym and he said the gym leader was away taking care of an Ampharos in the lighthouse. After he ran off I started climbing the lighthouse and beat enough trainers for Neptune to evolve into a Poliwhirl. Additionally Freya is starting to gain a few more levels so hopefully her happiness will be high enough to evolve soon. After talking to Jasmine she told me to visit the pharmacy in Cinnawood City

After surfing down Route 40 and 41 I reached Cinnawood City. I visited the pharmacy to get the medicine and decided to retire for the night.

Current Team:
156.png
025.png
Thor (Pikachu)(M)(Magnet)
061.png
Neptune (Poliwhirl)(F)
095.png
030.png
Athena (Nidorina)(F)
022.png
Hera (Fearow)(F)
215.png
Loki (Sneasel)(M)
133.png
Freya (Eevee)(F)(Soothe Bell)

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Played last night. Beat the remaining fishermen I had previously spared. Afterward I healed my Pokémon at the PC outside of Union Cave. There, I acquired the Old Rod and some Lure Balls went back to Violet City to catch a Poliwag. One popped up on my first encounter. Bellsprout’s Sleep Powder and a Lure Ball did the trick.

Afterwards I dashed through Union Cave, sparing no one. At one point I caught an Onix and Sandshrew. Onix was viable but I’m only using it in the event I can’t get Cubone or Yanma.

Arrived in Azalea Town to see Team Rocket up to no good. After some scenes I beat them with ease and challenged the gym. Quilava made quick work of everyone. Had some trouble with my rival though. Some reason Bite kept getting critical, so his Croconaw was putting in work, to say the least. But we did it.

Saved after making it halfway through Ilex.

Team:
Quilava
Bellsprout
Poliwag

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Today in Soul Silver Version I did some more training in the ocean. Most of my team is around level 25 now and Freya finally evolved into an Espeon.

During this training I wasn't satisfied how Hera was turning out so I decided to remove her from the team. I know she could come in handy for the Cinnawood City gym but I feel that slot could be better utilized by a different member. As a replacement I caught a Heracross who I named Hercules.

I decided it was time to challenge the Cinnawood City gym with Freya and Hercules. Chuck was pretty easy to beat since Freya beat Primape with Confusion and Hercules beat Poliwrath with Aerial Ace. Afterwards I flew back to Olivine City to give the medicine to Jasmine. Amphy was miraculously cured and illuminated the lighthouse. Feeling grateful Jasmine promised to return to the gym and await my challenge.

Despite being underleveled I wanted to at least try challenging the Olivine City gym with Vulcan, Neptune, and Hercules. Vulcan easily beat the first Magnemite with Flame Wheel and she sent out Steelix next. I sent out Neptune in response since she had the best type advantage. Neptune was able to attack first with a Surf and Steelix responded with a Screech. I attacked with another Surf, it used Iron Tail in response and missed. Steelix's health was right on the edge of going red so I was able to hit it with one more attack and knock it out. Hercules was able to beat the second Magnemite with a Brick Break. With that I received my second badge for the day.

Afterwards I went to the Pokemon Center and traded with Platinum to evolve Terra into a Steelix. I figure Jasmine gave me a Metal Coat after saving Amphy so I wanted to use it on Terra. After he returned to SS I decided to retire for the night.

Current Team:
156.png
025.png
061.png
Neptune (Poliwhirl)(F)
208.png
Terra (Steelix)(M)(Quick Claw)
030.png
Athena (Nidorina)(F)
215.png
Loki (Sneasel)(M)
196.png
Freya (Espeon)(F)
214.png
Hercules (Heracross)(M)

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
So I’ve hit a roadblock. Gardenia was already expected to be SOME trouble. But her having a type advantage over my mains wasn’t enough. Grass Knot, Magical Leaf, and Razor Leaf are all hitting me for Crit. Damage. In Razor Leaf’s case it’s every time.

I’ve quit twice because it’s just ridiculous. But I’m thinking if it continues I’ll just level up and take the L’s till we’re strong enough to overcome the anti-RNGesus.

Primo’s Slugma was a dud, over in HG had a calm nature. Togepi was useless as well with an Impish. These games hate me and it shows.

Team:
Luxio
Pullup Pen/Prinplup
Buneary

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Back to Classics: Platinum.

Just beat Crasher Wake and on my way to Route 212. I'm enjoying Underground a lot, actually. I've never tried it before when it was the 'thing', the amount of Heart Scales and Shards make me revisit the place often.

6apz8YK.png
Margot ♀️ — Lv. 30.
1ojPfMQ.png
Emperor ♂ — Lv. 32.
YmBExWb.png
Paragon ♂ — Lv. 34.
EF3MneT.png
Raptor ♂ — Lv. 35.
MaDCfUD.png
Ken ♂ — Lv. 36.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
So I believe I chose the more arduous option in restarting Platinum. I tried a couple more times but I swear this is the single hardest battle ever. I can only pray I get as many critical hits in my life time, successively.

I transfered Pen and Shining over to HG, before doing so. Chose the FC, again, but named her PC DOOM. Also chose Turtwig. Impish first time, so I decided to keep it and move on. Thinking of a name as I head to Rowan’s.

Gardenia’s about to get hoed.

(pun intended).

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Beat Cynthia today. Quick Claw Empoleon with critical-hit Ice Beam OHKO'ing Garchomp has never been so satisfying. Still, the battle was hard as usual given I play in SET mode, add the Cynthia factor as bonus. I'll be spending some of my free quarantine time to grind Battle Frontier until Isle of Armor drops.

YmBExWb.png
Paragon ♂ — Lv. 50.
EF3MneT.png
Raptor ♂ — Lv. 51.
MaDCfUD.png
Ken ♂ — Lv. 51.
6apz8YK.png
Margot ♀️ — Lv. 51.
UzupnaD.png
Kaze ♀️ — Lv. 52.
2ck9oZJ.png
Emperor ♂ — Lv. 52.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Sadly I've been busy with other things and haven't had time to post regular updates on my playthrough of Soul Silver. So for now I won't go into to much detail regarding my recent adventures.

I successfully acquired the last two badges in Johto, defeated Team Rocket in Goldenrod City, participated in a few Pokelathons, caught Lugia, and reached the Indigo Plateau. Additionally I've spent a significant amount of time on Route 26 and Victory Road to train everyone.

I've decided to challenge the Elite Four with Vulcan, Terra, Athena, Loki, Freya, and Hercules.

First battle was against Will who's psychic types didnt stand a chance against Loki's speed and Night Slash. Vulcan defeated Exeggutor and Jynx with a single Flamethrower.

Second battle was against Koga who's Ariados, Forretress, and Venomoth was defeated by Vulcan. Muk had a lot of bulk but was defeated by Freya's Psybeam. Crobat was trickier since it kept using Double Team and Terra didn't have accurate moves. Slowly I was able to chip away at its health.

Third battle was against Bruno who didnt stand much of a chance against Freya and her non-physical attacks. Funny part is his Hitmontop kept trying to use Counter but the move kept failing. Sadly his Machamp was able to defeat Freya so Hercules had to finish it off with an Aerial Ace.

Fourth battle was with Karen who had a very diverse team. Hercules broke through confusion status to beat Umbreon with a Brick Break. Loki beat Murkrow and Gengar without any issues. Vulcan beat Vileplume with two Flamethrowers. Her Houndoom was able to defeat Hercules before he could use a move. So in response I sent out Athena who beat the dog with an Earth Power and Superpower.

The fifth and final battle was against the Lance, the Champion. Honestly this battle was frustrating because of how resilient his dragon types are. I had to restart the system several times to try different strategies. It was only through chipping away at their health with attacks, poisoning, and health restoration items that I was able to beat him. With that I claimed victory over the Pokemon League!

After the credits were finished I saved and called it a day. Soon I'll be heading towards Kanto!

Current Team:
157.png
Vulcan (Typhlosion)(M)(Charcoal)
025.png
186.png
Neptune (Politeod)(F)
208.png
Terra (Steelix)(M)(Quick Claw)
031.png
Athena (Nidoqueen)(F)
461.png
Loki (Weavile)(M)(Never Melt Ice)
196.png
Freya (Espeon)(F)(Amulet Coin)
214.png
Hercules (Heracross)(M)

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Finally got around to beating Gardenia. It wasn’t as satisfying as I’d hope, only because I waited so long to play the game.

Her Turtwig got some critical hits on ThundaFANG but ‘FANG bested Turtwig with a combo of Leer and Bite. Cherrim was no problem. tHe World took care of it, after a couple of Curses and Rock Smash. Roserade was another story. Bested my Grotle with Magical Leaf; it was up to ‘FANG, as my last Pokémon was Pullup Pen and he wasn’t going to stand a chance. Came down to the wire Hp in the red, went for Bite and what do ya know Quick Claw kicks in.

Beat Gardenia with only two Pokémon, first try and like 90% less shenanigans. Decided to get the Explorer Kit afterwards. Got a Skull Fossil, some shards and heart scale(s), my first visit. Saved and put my DS on the charger.

Team:

ThundaFANG/Luxio
tHe World/Grotle
Pullup Pen/Prinplup

Last edited:

I'm still on my quest to defeat the 6th Gym leader in Diamond! However I am currently exploring Iron Island and leveling up my Pokémon with the help of Riley.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Caught Rotom recently. Named it BASEDmotor, it’s a place holder till I get Froslass. May use it in HG after I make it to Kanto. Taking on Team Galactic atm.

Finally got through the Iron Island cave after defeating the two Team Galactic Grunts and acquiring an egg from Riley. Headed back to Canalave City where I took on the 6th gym battle against Byron and beat him easily!

JourneymanN00b

Hello everyone. This is a roguelike addict who is taking a very unique approach to playing a main Generation IV game for the first time. I previously played parts Red/Blue/Yellow as an elementary school student around 1999, but never completely finished a game until 2010 due to my stupidity, the games accidentally getting deleted, and real life/homework forcing a near-decade hiatus. I was able to fully finish Gold in the summer of 2010, but never progressed further than that due to preparing for college and not having enough time for video games. Now that the pandemic is freeing up time to reconsider these games, I decided to continue my Pokémon explorations. Just several days ago, I managed to complete Sapphire as a Lithium Rogue to make the experience memorable and relatively quick. I learned a lot of skills when doing the Lithium Rogue challenge in Sapphire, and I will be trying to play the character as a Lithium Rogue in Diamond. What is a Lithium Rogue, and what does it entail, you ask? Well, it is a player that attempts to beat the Elite Four and the Champion by adhering to the below set of rules:

1. Lithium is the simplest possible metal. As such, the Lithium Rogue will be taking the most direct possible path towards beating the Elite Four. No locations outside this direct route to victory can be visited. No optional sidequests can be undertaken, either.

2. In a roguelike, the player gets only one life. If the player dies, a new game must be started from the beginning. As such, if the Lithium Rogue gets a black out, the run is over, and a fresh game must be started to begin the adventure anew. However, any fainted Pokémon is allowed to be revived using a Pokémon Center or appropriate items, provided that at least one Pokémon is still in active condition.

3. Zero grinding is allowed. This is one of the golden rules of a Lithium Rogue. The Lithium Rogue is expected to advance through the game as quickly as possible and not waste time training Pokémon like lesser mortals with infinite time. The Lithium Rogue is also expected to use whatever resources that are on hand to overcome any obstacles that may be encountered from following this simple approach.

4. No backtracking is permitted. Unless it is to advance the story, an area can only be visited once. The Lithium Rogue is not permitted to go back to an area to catch a desired Pokémon or to return to a town to heal up in a Pokémon center.

5. Any trainers that are not necessary to fight to move to the next area must be avoided, if possible. However, it is understood that mistakes can be made, especially with those involving “spinners”, and the Lithium Rogue will occasionally be forced to fight these trainers in order to advance. As such, any run-in fights with “unnecessary” trainers may be utilized to provide the Lithium Rogue’s Pokémon with additional experience.

6. The Lithium Rogue is permitted to pick up items, but are strongly encouraged to only pick up those that would be typically picked up in typical speedruns. Like trainers in the previous run, additional items may be picked up and utilized if doing so would not add unreasonable time to the Lithium Rogue’s journey.

7. Any time spent on wild grass must be kept to a minimum. Any Pokémon encountered in these areas can be battled and caught to suit the Lithium Rogue’s needs. The Lithium Rogue is not playing a Nuzlocke challenge, so there are no Pokémon catching limits.

8. No manipulations are allowed to be used here. The Lithium Rogue has no knowledge of such acts of cheating, and utilizing them ruins the spirit of this adventure. Any disadvantages from not utilizing these manipulations may be made up by fighting additional trainers or picking up additional items, as needed.

From what I have heard about Diamond and Pearl, doing this should be a perfectly achievable challenge, given the proper application of common sense and consultation of appropriate guides. Now that the ground rules have been set, I will be starting a run that adheres to all of the above rules, which will be reported by parts divided by gyms. So the goal of the first part is to clear the first gym and get the Coal Badge.

Part 1 Plan:

Twinleaf Town, Route 201, Verity Lake:

Go to rival’s house, and head to Route 201. Meet rival, and head to Verity Lake. Get Chimchar, and Scratch the Starly 2 or 3 times.

Sandgem Town:

Get Pokedex, and head to the Mart. Buy 5 Potions, and heal at Pokémon Center.

Route 202:

Get 5 Pokeballs from Rowan’s assistant. If Bidoof or Starly is encountered, use Blaze on Bidoof or Scratch on Starly, and catch it. Fight Youngster Tristian, and Scratch his Starly until it is KO’d. Fight Lass Natalie. Use Leer and Scratch on her first Bidoof, then use Ember once or twice on her second Bidoof. Fight Youngster Logan, and use Ember twice on his Shinx.

Jublife City:

Heal at Pokémon Center, and head to the Trainer’s School. Talk to rival and get the town map. Battle School Kid Christine, and use Scratch on her Abra. Use a Potion if necessary, then Fight School Kid Harrison, and use Scratch on his Abra as well. Get TM10, teach Chimchar Hidden Power over Taunt. Find the three clowns, answer Yes to their questions, get the Pokétch coupons, and get the Pokétch.

Route 203:

Fight rival, and use Ember twice on rival’s Starly. Then use Scratch and then Hidden Power on rival’s Piplup. Get the Repel on the grass there, and catch any Starly or Bidoof if none of these Pokémon are obtained (by using Scratch on Starly or Ember on Bidoof). If no Bidoof was obtained, then reset the game and try again. Otherwise, continue to Oreburgh Gate.

Oreburgh Gate:

If a Starly was not caught and a Zubat is encountered, use Ember on Zubat and catch it. Get HM06, and attempt to evade both trainers.

Oreburgh City:

Heal at Pokémon center, and teach Rock Smash to Bidoof.

Oreburgh Mine:

Use Hidden Power to deal with any Geodudes and Onixes encountered. If no encounters occur, then battle Youngster Jonathan and use Hidden Power on his Geodude. Get the Escape Rope and talk to Roark. Then use the Escape Rope, and return to Oreburgh City.

Oreburgh City:

Heal at Pokémon Center, and enter gym. Battle Roark, and use Hidden Power against his Geodude, Onix, and Cranidos, the third requiring its use 3 times. Get the Coal Badge, and teach Mach Punch over Scratch if Chimchar evolves here.

I hope that there are no flaws with this first part of the game plan to complete the challenge. I can always adjust the above rules to make things more challenging/reasonable. To those that are interested in seeing this type of challenge unfold, feel free to vote on the gender and name of the first Lithium Rogue that will operate in Diamond. I will come back to this thread after a couple of days, read any replies, and begin the first run.

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I begin the first part with a male trainer named Lyle, and managed to get the first part finished due to fairly good luck with the Hidden Power type.

The Lithium’s Rogue’s Journey Attempt #1: Lyle

Part 1-1:

After naming my character and naming my rival Ralph, I go to Ralph’s house, and head to Route 201. After meeting Ralph, I head to Verity Lake. I then get Chimchar, and Scratch the Starly 3 times to KO it. After that, I get the Running Shoes and head to Sandgem Town. I encounter and KO a Bidoof and Starly on the way. I arrive at Sandgem town and get the Pokedex, and head to the Mart. I then buy 5 Potions, and heal at the Pokémon Center. After that, I return to Twinleaf Town and talk to mother. Along the way, I encounter and KO 2 Starlys, learn Ember, and enter Route 202 after healing at the Sandgem Pokémon Center again. I then get 5 Poke Balls from Dawn, and encounter and accidentally KO a Starly after Scratching it twice due to the second Scratch being a critical hit. I then fight Youngster Tristian, and Scratch his Starly until it is KO’d. I then fight Lass Natalie, and use Leer and Scratch on her first Bidoof, then use Ember and then Scratch on her second Bidoof. I then encounter another Starly and accidentally KO it due to the Scratch being another critical hit. I learn Taunt in the process, and fight Youngster Logan, where I use Ember twice on his Shinx. I then encounter a Bidoof, where I Scratch it and catch it with a Poke Ball. I then make it to Jublife City.

Once at Jubilife City I go to the Pokémon Center to heal up, and head to the Trainer’s School. I talk to Ralph and get the town map. I then battle School Kid Christine, and use Scratch on her Abra. I then fight School Kid Harrison, and use Scratch on his Abra as well. I get TM10 and teach Chimchar Hidden Power over Taunt. I then find the three clowns, answer Yes to their questions, get the Pokétch coupons, and get the Pokétch. I then heal at the Pokémon Center and head to Route 203. I then fight Barry, and use Ember twice on his Starly. I then proceed to use Scratch and then Hidden Power three times on Barry’s Piplup. I get a Poke Ball, encounter and KO a Bidoof and two Shinx, and catch a Starly after Scratching it and using a total of two Poke Balls on it. I then encounter and KO another 3 Starlys, and get the Repel. I finally reach Oreburgh Gate and get HM06, and evade both trainers, while encountering and KO’ing two Geodudes and discover that Chimchar’s Hidden Power is of the ground type, which was very fortunate for me. I arrive at Oreburgh City, heal at the Pokémon center, and teach Rock Smash to Bidoof. I then head to the Oreburgh Mine.

Once at the mine, I get the X Defend, and encounter and KO 4 Geodudes and an Onix. The Chimchar evolves into a Monferno, and learn Mach Punch over Scratch. I then get the Escape Rope, encounter and KO another Geodude, and talk to Roark. I then use the Escape Rope, and return to Oreburgh City, where I heal at the Pokémon Center, and enter the gym. I battle Roark, and use Hidden Power against his Geodude. I then use 2 Hidden Powers and a Mach Punch on his Onix. I use Hidden Power twice against Roark’s Cranidos. I forego learning Fury Swipes in the process. I then get the Coal Badge and TM76.

So below is my plan to finish the second part and get the Forest Badge:

Part 2 Plan:

Oreburgh City, Route 203, Jublife Town:

Heal at Pokémon Center, Buy 2 Super Potions from the Mart and return to Jublife City using Route 203, KO’ing any encounters. Head north and fight Galatic Grunts. Use Ember on Wurmple and Zubat.

Route 204, Ravaged Path, Floarama Town:

Avoid spinners and KO any encounter that is met on the way to Floarama Town. Heal at the Pokémon Center, and head east to Route 205.

Route 205, Florama Town, Floarama Meadow, Valley Windworks:

Talk to the girl on the path, and get the Pecha Berry. Return to Floarama Town, use the Pokémon Center if necessary, and head to the Floaroma Meadow. Fight the first Galactic Grunt and use Ember on the first Galactic Grunt’s Wurmple and Silcoon, then fight the second Galactic Grunt and use two Embers on the second Galactic Grunt’s Zubat. Return to Route 205 and enter the Valley Windworks. Fight the third Galactic Grunt and use a Mach Punch on the third Galactic Grunt’s Glameow. Use the Works Key to open the Valley Windworks, then go inside. Avoid the spinner, then equip Monferno with the Pecha Berry and heal it up. Face Commander Mars. Use Ember twice on Commander Mars’ Zubat, and use Mach Punch, then Leer, and then Mach Punch on Purugly. Return to Route 205.

Route 205, Eterna Forest:

Head to the Eterna Forest. Fight Bug Catcher Jack and Lass Briana. Use Hidden Power on Pachirisu, then Ember on Wurmple, Beautify, and Silcoon. If Flame Wheel is available, then teach it over Ember. Face Psychic Lindsey and Psychic Elijah, and repeatedly use Ember or Flame Wheel on the Abras. Head to Eterna City.

Eterna City:

Heal at Pokémon Center, and enter the gym. Fight Lass Caroline, Aroma Lady Jenna, Aroma Lady Angela, and Beauty Lindsay, and use Flame Wheel against every one of their Pokémon. Battle Gardenia, and use Flame Wheel on her Cherubi and Turtwig. Use Flame Wheel once or twice on Gardenia’s Roserade. Get Forest Badge.

I will start on the next part in a couple of days, and provide a report then.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so Lyle manages to get the second part done after a couple of tense moments due to making a few mistakes. Below is how the second part went:

Part 1-2:

I heal at Pokémon Center, buy 2 Super Potions from the Mart and head back to Jublife City using Oreburgh Gate and Route 203, encountering and KO’ing a Shinx on the way. I also encounter and attempt to catch an Abra by YOLO’ing a Poke Ball, but fail to do so. I accidentally run into Youngster Dallas and take out his Kricketot using Mach Punch and Ember. I then encounter and KO a Starly. After reaching Jublife City, I head north and fight the Galactic Grunts. I use Ember on Wurmple and Zubat to finish them. I then get the Fashion Case and head to Route 204, where I miss the timing and run into Lass Sarah, where I use Hidden Power and Mach Punch to take out her Bidoof. I also miss the timing and run into Youngster Tyler and use Mach Punch on his Magikarp and use Ember on his Starly. I make it to the Ravaged Path, get the Antidote, and head to the rest of Route 204 and miss the timing again on Aroma Lady Taylor. I use Ember on her Budew and Mach Punch on her Cherubi. I get an Awakening, encounter and KO a Kricketot, and run into Twins Liv and Liz. The two Pachirisus take out my Bidoof using Quick Attacks. I take Pachirisus using Hidden Power and level Starly up a few times. Once at Floarama Town, I heal at the Pokémon Center, and head east to Route 205.

I talk to the girl on the path, and get the Pecha Berry and Chesto berry. I return to Floarama Town, get an Oran Berry and Cheri Berry, and head to the Floaroma Meadow. I fight the first Galactic Grunt and use Ember on the first Galactic Grunt’s Wurmple and Silcoon, then fight the second Galactic Grunt and use two Embers on the second Galactic Grunt’s Zubat. After getting the Works Key and Honey, I return to Route 205 and enter the Valley Windworks. After getting a Potion, I fight the third Galactic Grunt and use a Mach Punch on the third Galactic Grunt’s Glameow. I use the Works Key to open the Valley Windworks, then go inside. Avoid the spinner, and foolishly forget to equip Monferno with the Pecha Berry before I face Commander Mars. I use Ember twice on Commander Mars’ Zubat, and switch to and sacrifice my Bidoof so I can use the Pecha Berry on Moferno, and then use Mach Punch on Purugly, which turns out to be a critical hit and enough to KO it. I teach Monferno Flame Wheel over Ember and return to Route 205 and to the Eterna Forest. Before that, I miss the timing and run into Hiker Daniel. I take out Hiker Daniel’s Geodudes with Hidden Power, his Machop with Flame Wheel, and his Bidoof with Flame Wheel. I then get an X Attack, encounter and KO a Bidoof, and enter Eterna Forest.

I fight Bug Catcher Jack and Lass Briana. I use Hidden Power on Pachirisu twice, then Flame Wheel on Wurmple, Beautify, and Silcoon. I get the Parlyz Heal, and face Psychic Lindsey and Psychic Elijah, and repeatedly use Flame Wheel on the Abras. I encounter and KO a Budew, a silcoon, a Wurmple, a Murkrow, and 2 Bunearys, and head to Eterna City, where I heal at the Pokémon Center. I then enter the gym, and fight Lass Caroline, Aroma Lady Jenna, Aroma Lady Angela, and Beauty Lindsay, where I use Flame Wheel against every one of their Pokémon. I then battle Gardenia, and use one Flame Wheel apiece on her Cherubi and Turtwig. I then use Flame Wheel once on Gardenia’s Roserade, get the Forest Badge and TM86, and end the part with pride.

So below is my plan to finish the third part and get the Cobble Badge:

Part 3 Plan:

Eterna City:

Heal at Pokémon Center, then go to Herb Shop and buy 6 Heal Powders, 3 Energy Powders, and 3 Energy Roots. Get HM01 and teach Cut to Bidoof. Get Explorer Kit and TM 46, and enter the Galactic Building. Fight the first Galactic Grunt, and use Flame Wheel and Mach Punch on the first Galactic Grunt’s Zubat and Glameow respectively. Then fight the second Galactic Grunt and use Flame Wheel on the second Galatic Grunt’s Wurmple and Cascoon. After that, fight the third Galatic Grunt and use Flame Wheel on the third Galatic Grunt’s Wurmple, Silcoon, and Zubat. Face Scientist Travon and use Flame Wheel on Scientist Travon’s Kadabra. Finally, battle Commander Jupiter. Use Flame Wheel on Commander Jupiter’s Zubat, and Flame Wheel twice on Commander Jupiter’s Skuntank, using a Leer in between if the first Flame Wheel does not put Skuntank in the yellow range. Get the bicycle, heal at the Pokémon Center if necessary, and head to Cycling Road (Route 206).

Cycling Road, Route 207, Mt. Coronet, Route 208:

Head down Cycling Road, and try to avoid the bikers. Enter Route 207, dodge the hikers and get the hidden Revive and Rare Candy. Go to Mt. Coronet, partake in the Cyrus cutscene, and get the hidden Ether. Head to Hearthome City using Route 208 and dodge the spinners.

Hearthome City, Route 209, Lost Tower:

Head to the Contest Hall, deposit Bidoof and Starly, and heal Monferno. Teach Monferno Grass Knot over Leer. Buy a Net Ball at the Mart, and fight Ralph on Southwestern gate. Use Flame Wheel on Ralph’s Starly. Use Grass Knot on Ralph’s Prinplup three times, Mach Punch on Ralph’s Ponyta twice, and Flame Wheel on Ralph’s Roselia. Head to Route 209, avoid the spinners, and head to the Lost Tower. Go to the third floor and get the hidden Great Ball. Go to the top floor and get HM04. Exit the Lost Tower.

Route 209, Solaceon Town, Route 210-South:

Catch Bibarel if encountered using a Great Ball, teach Thief to Bibarel, and switch it to Slot 1. If a Chansey is encountered with a held item, then use thief on it. Otherwise, switch to Monferno and KO any encountered Pokémon. Head to Solaceon Town, heal at the Pokémon Center. Get the Persim Berry in Solaceon Town. Head to Route 210-South, and dismount from Bicycle to go through the grass to avoid the double battle. Head to Route 215.

Route 215, Veilstone City:

Battle Ruin Maniac Calvin. Use Flame Wheel twice against his Bronzor, and Mach Punch against his Shieldon. Get the Ether in the middle of the path. Get the hidden Zinc in the north-easternmost grass patch on the route. Fight Ace Trainer Maya, and use Mach Punch against her Glameow. Use Flame Wheel and then a Grass Knot against her Kadabra. Heal to full if necessary, then face Ace Trainer Dennis. Use Mach Punch twice against his Monferno, and use Grass Knot three times against his Gyarados. If Monferno gets Tormented, use Hidden Power between two Grass Knots. Head to Veilstone City, and get the PP Up at the left of Team Galactic HQ. Go to the Veilstone Department Store and buy TM38 on 3F, 8 X Attacks on 2F, 5 X Specials on 2F, and 1 Revive. Teach Monferno Fire Blast over Mach Punch. If Monferno is at Level 29, then use a Rare Candy. Enter Veilstone Gym and fight Black Belt Rafael. Use Fire Blast on his Meditite. Face Leader Maylene, and use an X Attack (if not in Blaze) and a Flame Wheel on her Meditite. Use a Flame Wheel on her Lucario, and use Fire Blast on her Machoke, and then a Flame Wheel if necessary. Get the Cobble Badge.

With my Monferno at Level 24, Starly at level 8, and Bidoof at level 3, I think that I have a good chance of properly executing this part, if I am smart about this. I will probably start in a couple of days and have a report by next week.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I had a Platinum run earlier in the thread/year but my console died after I did pretty much an hour of gameplay so I'm not looking forward to repeating that again. I'll probably start a new run of another game with the 3 day weekend and return to this later