• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I had some spare time unexpectedly, and Lyle managed to finish the third part, although I had to grant a one-time exemption to the “no grinding” rule to allow for a Bibrael catch in Route 209 after I finished the Lost Tower, and I had a tense moment due to a stupid mistake which forced me into a double battle with Ace Trainer Maya and Ace Trainer Dennis. Below is how the third part went:

Part 1-3:

I begin by healing at the Pokémon Center, getting HM 01 and teaching Cut to Bidoof. I then get a Super Potion from the town and go to the Herb Shop. I buy 6 Heal Powders, 2 Energy Powders, 3 Energy Roots, and 1 Revival Herb for extreme safety reasons. I then get the Explorer Kit and TM 46, and enter the Galactic Building. I begin battling the two team Galactic Grunts, and use Flame Wheel and Mach Punch on the first Galactic Grunt’s Zubat and Glameow respectively, while having Starly use Quick Attacks on second Galactic Grunt’s Wurmple. I then focus on the second Galactic Grunt’s Pokémon and use Flame Wheel on the second Galactic Grunt’s Wurmple and Cascoon. I then proceed to fight the third Galactic Grunt and use Flame Wheel on the third Galactic Grunt’s Wurmple, Silcoon, and Zubat. After that, I face Scientist Travon and use Flame Wheel on Scientist Travon’s Kadabra. I then battle Commander Jupiter, where I use Flame Wheel on Commander Jupiter’s Zubat, and Flame Wheel twice on Commander Jupiter’s Skuntank, using a Leer in between the Flame Wheels. I forego learning Feint in the process and leave the building. I get the bicycle, heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to Cycling Road.

I head down Cycling Road, avoid the bikers, and get a Flag. I then enter Route 207, get the Vs. Seeker and Dowsing Machine from dawn, and get the hidden Revive. I then dodge the hikers and get the hidden Rare Candy. I arrive at Mt. Coronet, encounter and KO a Zubat, a Geodude, and meet Cyrus. I get the hidden Ether, encounter and KO a Chingling, a Machop, and a Geodude, and head to Route 208. I encounter and KO a Psyduck, and enter Hearthome City.

Once at Hearthome City, I head to the Contest Hall, deposit Bidoof and Starly, and heal Monferno. I teach Monferno Grass Knot over Leer, buy a Net Ball at the Mart, and fight Ralph on Southwestern gate. I use Flame Wheel on Ralph’s Starly, and use Grass Knot on Ralph’s Prinplup twice, the second attack being a critical hit. I then use Mach Punch on Ralph’s Ponyta twice, the second attack again turning out to be a critical hit. Hardly believing my good luck, I use Flame Wheel on Ralph’s Roselia. I then head to Route 209, avoid the spinners, and head to the Lost Tower. On my way to the third floor, I encounter and KO 2 Zubats on the first floor, and miss the timing on the second floor and battle Roughneck Kirby. I take out his Cleffa using a Flame Wheel, and pick up a Revive. After encountering and KO’ing a Zubat, I go to the third floor and get the hidden Great Ball. I encounter and KO a Ghastly on the third floor and head to the top floor and get HM04 and the Cleanse Tag. I exit the Lost Tower, encountering and defeating a Zubat and a Ghastly on my way out.

Back on Route 209, I make a one-time exemption to the “no-grinding rule” and prod through the grass to encounter a Bibarel (as several speedrun guides that I consulted referenced this grinding step), and weaken it with Flame Wheel. I manage to catch it with my Net Ball, teach Thief to Bibarel over Growl, and switch it to Slot 1. I then use the Honey to see if a Chansey is encountered, which actually turned out to be the case. Unfortunately two Thief attempts did not pick up anything, prompting me to switch to Monferno and dispatch it with a Flame Wheel. I head to Solaceon Town and heal at the Pokémon Center. I get the Persim Berry, 2 Nanab Berries, and a Figy Berry in Solaceon Town. I then head to Route 210-South, and miss the timing and am forced to fight a double battle with Belle and Pa Ava and Matt. I use Hidden Power and Water Gun on the Stunky and Glameow respectively. I then use Mach Punch to deal with the Glameow. I then head to Route 215.

On Route 215, I battle Ruin Maniac Calvin, and use Flame Wheel twice against his Bronzor, who forces me to use an Awakening and a Heal Powder due to a successful Hypnosis and Confuse Ray that Bronzor landed on me between the Flame Wheels. I then Mach Punch against his Shieldon, and forego using Torment. I get the Ether in the middle of the path, and use a Potion on Monferno. I encounter an Abra, which flees before I can knock it out. I encounter and KO 3 Geodudes, and get the hidden Zinc in the north-easternmost grass patch on the route. I then encounter and KO 2 Ponytas and stupidly fight Ace Trainer Maya and Ace Trainer Dennis, forgetting to face them separately. I then use Mach Punch against Ace Trainer Maya’s Glameow, and Water gun against Ace Trainer Dennis’ Monferno. I then use Flame Wheel and a Water Gun against Ace Trainer Maya’s Kadabra. Curing my stupidity at the Double Battle, I use Grass Knot against the Kadabra, and use a Super Potion on my Monferno. Use Mach Punch twice against Ace Trainer Dennis’ Monferno, and proceed to use Grass Knot three times against his Gyarados.

With a sigh of relief, I head to Veilstone City, heal at the Pokémon center, and find a hidden TinyMushroom and get the PP Up at the left of Galactic Veilstone Building. I then go to the Veilstone Department Store and get the Counter app, 8 X Attacks, and 5 X Specials on 2F, and TM38 on 3F. I then teach Monferno Fire Blast over Mach Punch, and get a Sticky Barb in 5F. I then enter Veilstone Gym and fight Black Belt Rafael, where I use Fire Blast on his Meditite. I use a Rare Candy on Monferno to level it up to level 32, and face Leader Maylene, where I use an X Attack and use Flame Wheel three times on her Meditite, the first being countered by a Detect. I then use a Flame Wheel on her Lucario, and use Fire Blast on her Machoke. I get the Cobble Badge and TM 60, and end the part with pride.

So below is my plan to finish the fourth part and get the Fen Badge:

Part 4 Plan:

Veilstone City, Route 214, Valor Lakefront:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, withdraw Bidoof and Starly, and battle the team Galactic Grunts. Use Flame Wheel on their Beautifly, Fire Blast on their Stunky, and a Flame Wheel each on their Dustox and Croagunk. Enter the warehouse and get HM02. Head to Route 214 and fight Psychic Abigail. Use a Flame Wheel each on her Gastly and Kadabra, and use Fire Blast on her Misdreavus. If Monferno reaches level 36, then teach Close Combat. Head to Valor Lakefront and get the hidden Max Ether and head to Route 213.

Route 213, Pastoria City:

Try to avoid both Tubers and the spinner, and head to Pastoria City. Heal at Pokémon Center, and enter the gym. Face Sailor Damian, and use a Fire Blast (or Close Combat) each on his two Wingulls. Face Tuber Jacky and use Grass Knot on Tuber Jacky’s Buizel. Face Tuber Caitlyn, and use Fire Blast on her Azurill, and Hidden Power three times (or Close Combat once). Face Sailor Samson. Use Flame Wheel three times (or Close Combat once) on his first Shellos, Fire Blast on his Wingull, and Close Combat on his second Shellos. Battle Leader Wake, and use X Special and then use Grass Knot twice on his Gyarados. Then use a Grass Knot each on his Quagsire and Floatzel. Get the Fen Badge.

My Monferno and Bibrael are currently at level 32 and level 16 respectively. So I have an okay chance of getting the fourth badge if I have decent luck in my attempt. I will probably have an update by tomorrow night.

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so Lyle took it right in the ass in the Pastoria City Gym battles, but managed to finish the fourth part after using quite a few more healing items than was anticipated. Below is how the fourth part went:

Part 1-4:

I heal at the Pokémon Center, withdraw Bidoof and Starly, and battle the team Galactic Grunts. I use Flame Wheel on their Beautifly, Fire Blast on their Stunky, and a Flame Wheel each on their Dustox and Croagunk. I enter the warehouse and get HM02, and head to Route 214 and fight Psychic Abigail. I use a Flame Wheel each on her Gastly and Kadabra, and use Fire Blast on her Misdreavus. I head down Route 214 and encounter and KO a Girafarig, whose Stomp forces me to use two Potions to keep Monferno’s HP to a decent level. I then encounter and KO a Ponyta on my way out. Once reaching Valor Lakefront, I encounter and KO a Giarafarig and get the hidden Max Ether. I encounter and KO a second Girafarig and a Geodude, pick up a Paralyz Heal, and head to Route 213.

I heal up at the Hotel Grand Lake, and get a Red Shard. I fail to dodge the Tubers and am forced to battle Tuber Jared. I take out his first Shellos with two Grass Knots, but get hit with a Water Pulse that confuses Monferno in the process. I switch to Bidoof and use a Potion on Monferno to get it ready to deal with the second Shellos. I use two Fire Blasts on it, one of which misses while the other turns out to be a critical hit. I use a Fire Blast on the third Shellos, one of which misses, while the other proves to be enough to take it out. I get an Iapapa Berry, 2 Rawst Berries, and an Aguav Berry and reach Pastoria City. I heal at the Pokémon Center, get the Piplup Mask, and enter the gym. I face Sailor Damian, and use a Fire Blast on each on his two Wingulls. I then face Tuber Jacky and use Grass Knot on Tuber Jacky’s Buizel. After using a Potion on Monferno, I face Tuber Caitlyn, and use Fire Blast twice on her Azurill, with the first missing, and Grass Knot three times on her Marill. After using another Potion, I face Sailor Samson. I use Flame Wheel, and then two Grass Knots on his first Shellos, who manages to set up a deadly Rain Dance. I attempt to use Fire Blast on his Wingull, but it fails and forces me to use Grass Knot twice on it. I then use an Energy Root and Persim berry in between because of Wingull’s Supersonic, and finish it off with Flame Wheel. I then use Grass Knot twice on his second Shellos, the first turning out to be a critical hit. After using a Super Potion on Monferno, I battle Leader Wake, and use Grass Knot once on his Gyarados, which turned out to be a critical hit and enough to finish it off. I learn Close Combat over Hidden Power in the process. I then use an X Special, and use a Grass Knot on his Quagsire. Unfortunately, when I attempt to use Grass Knot on his Floatzel, it misses due to a successful Mud Bomb that the Quagsire landed on me. With Floatzel’s Brine taking it to 6 HP and with Monferno getting outsped, I use an Energy Root and pray for the best. This did not happen, since the Floatzel used Brine on me, and I use a Super Potion to try to hold out. Luckily the Floatzel chooses to use Swift and Ice Fang, which allows me to connect with a Grass Knot and take it out. I get the Fen Badge and TM55 and let out a huge sigh of relief.

So below is my plan to finish the fifth part and get the Relic Badge:

Part 5 Plan:

Pastoria City, Great Marsh, Route 213:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to the Great Marsh. Get HM05, talk to Galactic Grunt and battle Ralph. Use Flame Wheel on his Starly, a Close Combat each on his Prinplup and Ponyta, and a Flame Wheel on his Roselia. Then follow the Galactic Grunt through Route 213. Fight Galactic Grunt, and use Flame Wheel on the Galactic Grunt’s Glameow. Head north and talk to Cynthia. Answer No and get the Secret Potion. Teach Fly and Defog to Starly and fly to Solaceon Town.

Solaceon Town, Route 210-North:

Head to Route 210-North. Say Yes to Cynthia upon reaching the Psyducks. Face Ace Trainer Alyssa, and use Close Combat on her Ponyta, and Flame Wheel on her Grotle. Fight Black Belt Adam, and use Close Combat against his Machoke. Fight Bird Keeper Brianna, and use a Flame Wheel each on her Hoothoot and Noctowl. Head to Celestic Town.

Celestic Town, Hearthome City:

Head to the shrine, and fight Galactic Grunt. Use a Flame Wheel each on the Galactic Grunt’s Beautifly and Croagunk, and then fly to Hearthome City. Enter the gym, and battle Leader Fantina. Use Flame Wheel on Fantina’s Drifblim, and then use X Attack. Use another Flame Wheel or a Fire Blast on the Drifblim. Use Fire Blast on Fantina’s Mismagius, and a Flame Wheel on Fantina’s Gengar. Get the Relic Badge.

This particular plans requires that I get into Blaze Range for the Fantina fight, so there is quite some risk here, particularly if my Infernape does not reach level 40 by the time the Fantina fight happens. I currently have a Level 36 Infernape, a Level 16 Bibrael, a Level 10 Starly, and a Level 3 Bidoof. I will start on this part later tonight, and have a report sometime tomorrow.

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so Lyle got really unlucky in the Hearthome gym battle and had to use a Revive in the process, but managed to finish the fifth part tonight. Below is how the fifth part went:

Part 1-5:

I start off by getting 2 Persim Berries and 2 Nanab Berries and healing at the Pokémon Center. I then talk to the Galactic Grunt and battle Ralph. I use Flame Wheel on his Starly, a Close Combat each on his Prinplup and Ponyta, and a Flame Wheel on his Roselia. I then head to the Great Marsh, get HM05, and immediately leave east to Route 213, where I follow the Galactic Grunt and fight him. I use a Flame Wheel against his Glameow. I then head north and talk to Cynthia and get the SecretPotion. I teach Fly and Defog to Starly over Growl and Tackle, and fly to Solaceon Town.

I head to Route 210-North, and encounter and KO 2 Geodudes. I use the SecretPotion upon reaching the Psyducks, and get the Old Charm from Cynthia. I run into and face Ninja Boy Fabian, where I use Grass Knot on his three Geodudes. I then encounter and KO a Geodude, get a Hyper Potion, and run into Ninja Boy Joel. I use Flame Wheel on his Zubats, 2 Flame Wheels on his Golbat, and a Flame Wheel on his Skorupi. I then face Ace Trainer Alyssa, and use Close Combat on her Ponyta, and Flame Wheel on her Grotle. I then fight Black Belt Adam, and use Close Combat against his Machoke. I also stupidly run into Ninja Boy Nathan, and use Flame Wheel on his Crogunk, and two Flame Wheels on his Golbat. I pick up a Smoke Bomb and fight Bird Keeper Brianna. I use a Flame Wheel each on her Hoothoot and Noctowl. I head to Celestic Town and make my way to the Shrine.

Once at the shrine, I fight the Galactic Grunt, where I use a Flame Wheel each on the Galactic Grunt’s Beautifly and Croagunk. After handing over the Old Charm to Cynthia’s grandmother, I get HM03. I fly to Hearthome City, and enter the gym. I battle Leader Fantina, and use 2 Flame Wheels on Fantina’s Drifblim, which surprisingly does not take it out. I use a Fire Blast to finish off the Drifblim to avoid an Aftermath hit. I use a Flame Wheel on Fantina’s Mismagius, which surprisingly does not knock it out, even in blaze mode. I switch to Bidoof and use a Revive on Infernape while Bidoof falls to Mismagius. I use another Flame Wheel on Mismagius to, and use a Fire Blast on Fantina’s Gengar. I get the Relic Badge and TM65 and end the part.

So below is my plan to finish the sixth part and get the Mine Badge:

Part 6 Plan:

Hearthome City, Jublife City, Route 218, Canalave City:

Teach Strength and Surf to Bibarel over Thief and Rollout, and heal at the Pokémon Center. Then fly to Jublife City and head west on Route 218. Surf up and left and head west to Canalave City to dodge the spinner. Arrive at Canalave City, and battle Ralph. Use a Fire Blast and a Close Combat on his Staravia and Prinplup respectively, then use Flame Wheel on his Heracross. Then use Close Combat on his Ponyta, and Flame Wheel on his Roselia. After healing at the Pokémon Center, enter the gym, and battle Black Belt Ricky. Use Close Combat on his Steelix. Face Ace Trainer Cesar, and use Flame Wheel and a Close Combat on his Skorupi and Steelix, respectively. Battle Worker Gerado, and use Grass Knot on both of his Onix. Battle Black Belt David, and use one Grass Knot each on his Onix and Steelix. Battle Ace Trainer Breanna, and use Close Combat on her Azumarill. Begin the Leader Byron fight, and use Flame Wheel on his Bronzor. Then use Close Combat on his Bastiodon and Fire Blast on his Steelix. Get the Mine Badge.

This should be a rather straightforward fight, assuming that my luck can hold. My Infernape is at level 40, with my other Pokemon at the same levels. I will start on the run tonight and give a report tomorrow.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so Lyle again ran into some bad luck with spinners and had some tense moments there, but otherwise managed to clear the sixth part rather quickly. Below is how the sixth part went:

Part 1-6:

I begin by teaching Strength and Surf to Bibarel over Thief and Rollout, and heal at the Pokémon Center. Then I fly to Jublife City and head west on Route 218. I miss the timing and am forced to battle Sailor Skyler. I use a Fire Blast and a Grass Knot on his Mantyke, and use three Fire Blasts and a Grass Knot, the first two Fire Blasts missing. I then get my Pokedex upgraded and arrive at Canalave City, heal at the Pokémon Center, and battle Ralph. I attempt to use a Fire Blast on his Staravia, but fail to connect and decide to use a Close Combat on it. I then switch to Bidoof to restore Infernape’s Attack. Bidoof manages to connect with Rock Smash, which prompts Ralph to switch to Heracross. After using Rock Smash once, it falls to Heracross, and I switch back to Infernape. I then use Flame Wheel on his Heracross, and Close Combat on his Prinplup. I then use Close Combat on his Ponyta, and Flame Wheel on his Roselia. After healing at the Pokémon Center, I enter the gym, and battle Black Belt Ricky. I use Close Combat and Flame Wheel on his Steelix.

Seeing that my Monferno was fairly underleveled at this point, I decide to face Worker Gary, and use Grass Knot on his Onix. I then face Ace Trainer Cesar, and use Flame Wheel and a Close Combat on his Skorupi and Steelix, respectively. I then battle Worker Gerado, and use Grass Knot on both of his Onix. I then battle Black Belt David, and use Grass Knot on both his Onix and Steelix. Battle Ace Trainer Breanna, and use Close Combat on her Azumarill. I then go back and fight Worker Jackson to get extra experience points, and use Grass Knot on his three Onix. I then begin the Leader Byron fight, and use Flame Wheel on his Bronzor. I then use Close Combat on his Bastiodon and Fire Blast on his Steelix. I get the Mine Badge and TM91.

So below is my plan to finish the seventh part and get the Icicle Badge:

Part 7 Plan:

Canalave City, Pastoria City, Route 213, Valor Lakefront, Lake Valor:

Head to the library, and talk to Rowan. Fly to Pastoria City, and head to Route 213. Heal at the Hotel Grand Lake, head to the Valor Lakefront, and enter Lake Valor. Dodge the Galactic Grunts and fight Commander Saturn. Use Flame Wheel and Fire Blast on Commander Saturn’s Kadabra and Toxicroak, and use Flame Wheel on Commander Saturn’s Bronzor. Fly to Twinleaf Town.

Twinleaf Town, Lake Verity:

Head to Lake Verity. Fight the two Galactic Grunts, and have Infernape use Flame Wheel and Bibrael use Defense Curl when facing their first Glameow and Silcoon. When facing their Golbat, have Infernape use Fire Blast and Bibrael use Strength. Then have Infernape use Flame Wheel and Bibrael use Defense Curl on their second Glameow. Surf behind the other Galactic Grunts and face Commander Mars. Use Fire Blast on his Golbat, Flame Wheel on his Bronzor, and Close Combat against his Purugly. Fly to Celestic Town.

Celestic Town, Route 211, Mt. Coronet, Route 216, Route 217:

Go to the mart and buy 11 Potions, 15 Hyper Potions, 11 Revives, and 1 Escape Rope. Get the Choice Specs, and heal at the Pokémon Center. Proceed to Route 211, and enter Mt. Coronet. Get the Hidden Rare Candy in the foggy chamber, and head to Route 216. Proceed to Route 217, and face Ace Trainer Dalton. Use Close Combat on his Raichu, and Grass Knot twice on his Pelipper. Then use Grass Knot on his Hippopotas. Face Ace Trainer Olivia and use Flame Wheel on her Roselia, and Close Combat on her Seaking. Head to Snowpoint City.

Snowpoint City:

Heal at the Pokemon Center, then enter the gym. Begin the battle with Leader Candace, and use a Flame Wheel each on her Snover, Abomasnow, and Sneasel. Then use a Fire Blast against her Medicham, and get the Icicle Badge.

We might have some trouble, particularly with Ace Trainer Dalton. Right now, my Infernape is at level 44, with my other Pokémon remaining at the same levels. I will start a run today and have a report in a few hours.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so Lyle had some mildly tense moments due to quite a few Fire Blasts missing, but managed to finish the seventh part. Below is how the seventh part went:

Part 1-7:

I start by heading to the library, and talking to Rowan. I then fly to Pastoria City, and head to Route 213. I encounter and KO a Buizel, get TM40, and reach the Hotel Grand Lake. After healing at the Hotel Grand Lake, head to the Valor Lakefront, and enter Lake Valor. I fail to dodge a Galactic Grunt and use two Fire Blasts on his Golbat, with the first missing. I forego learning Fire Spin in the process. I then finish off his Groagunk with Flame Wheel. I then fight Commander Saturn, where I use Flame Wheel Commander Saturn’s Kadabra. I attempt to use a Fireblast on Toxicroak, but miss twice, and take a Faint Attack and Mud Bomb for it. The third and last Fire Blast luckily hits, and I use Flame Wheel on Commander Saturn’s Bronzor to win the fight. I then fly to Twinleaf Town.

After healing using mother, I then head to Lake Verity. I then fight the two Galactic Grunts, and have Infernape use Flame Wheel and Bibarel use Defense Curl when facing their first Glameow and Silcoon. I have Infernape use Fire Blast and Bibarel use Strength against their Golbat. The Flame Wheel misses, which prompts me to have Infernape use Flame Wheel and Bibrael use Defense Curl. Unfortunately, the Flame Wheel was not enough to take the Golbat out, who manages to take out Bibarel using Air Cutter. I sent in Starly and have Infernape use another Flame Wheel and Starly use Quick Attack to take Golbat out. Starly forgoes learning Double Team in the process. I have Infernape use Flame Wheel and Starly use Wing Atack on their second Glameow. I then surf behind the other Galactic Grunts and face Commander Mars. I use Fire Blast on his Golbat, and Flame Wheel on his Bronzor. I attempt Close Combat against his Purugly, but Purugly’s Fake Out caused Infernape to flinch. The second Close Combat attempt connects without too many problems. I then fly to Celestic Town.

I head to the mart and buy 11 Potions, 15 Hyper Potions, 11 Revives, and 1 Escape Rope. I get the BlackGlasses instead of the Choice Specs and heal at the Pokémon Center. I proceed to Route 211, and get a Iapapa Berry, a Grepa Berry, a Pecha Berry, and an Aspear Berry. I then encounter and KO a Meditite and enter Mt. Coronet. I encounter and KO 3 Geodudes, a Golbat, 3 Chinglings, and a Meditite. I get the hidden Rare Candy as well as an additional Rare Candy and Stardust, and head to Route 216. I miss the timing and run into Ace Trainer Maria, and use Grass Knot on her Golduck, Close Combat on her Ponyta, and Grass Knot on her Sudowoodo. I encounter and KO a Sneasel, and Proceed to Route 217, where I face Ace Trainer Dalton. I use Close Combat on his Raichu, and Grass Knot twice on his Pelipper. Then I use Grass Knot on his Hippopotas to win the battle. I use an EnergyPowder and get HM08, and fail to dodge a Black Belt Luke. I use a Flame Wheel on his Croagunk, Close Combat against his Machoke, and Grass Knot against his Onix. I then face Ace Trainer Olivia and use Flame Wheel on her Roselia, and Close Combat on her Seaking. I encounter and KO a Medicham, and head to Acuity Lakefront. I then decide to use another EnergyPowder, and encounter and KO a Sneasel, a Medicham, a Snover. I then make it to Snowpoint City.

After healing at the Pokemon Center, I enter the gym, and decide to battle Ace Trainer Sergio to get additional experience. I use Flame Wheel and Grass Knot to take out his Floatzel, and use Flame Wheel to KO his Sneasel. I then choose to face Ace Trainer Alicia, and use Flame Wheel against her Sneasel and Grass Knot three times against her Tentacruel. I also fight Ace Trainer Sover and use Flame Wheel against his Snover. Then, I fight Ace Trainer Brenna, and use Flame Wheel against her Snover. I next run into Ace Trainer Isaiah, and use Grass Knot against his Quagsire. I finally begin the battle with Leader Candace, and use a Flame Wheel each on her Snover and Abomasnow. I use an Energy Root, and use a Flame Wheel against her Sneasel. Then I use a Fire Blast against her Medicham to win the fight. I get the Icicle Badge and TM72.

So below is my plan to finish the eighth part and get the Beacon Badge:

Part 8 Plan:

Snowpoint City, Lake Acuity, Veilstone City:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to Lake Acuity. Partake in the Jupiter cutscene, and Fly to Veilstone City. Get the key to the storage room, and enter the Galactic Grunt hideout. Try to avoid the first Galactic Grunt, and face the second Galactic Grunt. Take out the Galactic Grunt’s Dustox and Bronzor using a Flame Wheel each. Avoid the next Galactic Grunt and run past the top wall to fight the next Galactic Grunt. Use a Fire Blast each to take out his two Golbats. Use the bed to heal up, and fight the next Galactic Grunt, using Flame Wheel against the Galactic Grunt’s Croagunk, Stunky, and Glameow. Also fight the next Galactic Grunt, and use Flame Wheel against the Galactic Grunt’s Stunky and Croagunk. Get the Elixir, and face Calactic Boss Cyrus. Use Close Combat against his Murkrow, Fire Blast against his Golbat, and Flame Wheel against his Sneasel. Get the Master Ball, then face Commander Saturn and use a Flame Wheel each against Commander Saturn’s Kadabra and Bronzor, and Fire Blast against Commander Saturn’s Toxicroak. Fly to Oreburgh City.

Oreburgh City, Mt. Coronet:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, teach Rock Climb to Bibarel over Water Gun, and head to Mt. Coronet. Get the hidden ether in the rock between the two Galactic Grunts. Get TM80 on 2F, and get the hidden Max Revive on 3F. Fight the first Galactic Grunt, and use a Flame Wheel each against the Galactic Grunt’s Bronzor and Glameow. Fight the second Galactic Grunt, and use a Flame Wheel and Fire Blast on the Galactic Grunt’s Bronzor and Golbat, respectively. Fight the third Galactic Grunt and use Fire Blast on the Galactic Grunt’s Golbat, and a Flame Wheel each on the Galactic Grunt’s Bronzor and Glameow. Head to Spear Pillar.

Spear Pillar, Mt. Coronet:

Fight the two Galactic Grunts. Have Infernape use Flame Wheel on their Dustox, and Bibrael use Defense Curl. If their Stunky did not use Memento on Infernape, then have Infernape use Flame Wheel on Croagunk, Stunky (if still active), and Glameow, while Bibarel’s turn is used to cure any status, Ether Fire Blasts, or heal. If their Stunky *did* use Memento on Infernape, then Have Infernape use Close Combat on their Glameow and Fire Blast on their Groagunk while Bibrael’s turns are used for Ethering Fire Blast and healing Infernape. Fight Commander Mars and Commander Jupiter. Use Flame Wheel on their first Bronzor, Fire Blast on their first Golbat, Close Combat on their Purugly, Flame Wheel on their second Bronsor, Fire Blast on their second Golbat, and Close Combat on their Skuntank. Heal up, then face Galactic Boss Cyrus. Use an X Special, then either use Fire Blast on Honchkrow or heal if hit by Drill Peck (and then use Fire Blast). Use Grass Knot twice on Gyarados, and then Fire Blast on Crobat. Use a Fire Blast on Weavile. Catch Dialga with the Master Ball, and get Adamant Orb. Return to Mt. Coronet, use Escape Rope, and fly to Veilstone City. Teach Flare Blitz over Fire Blast when Infernape reaches level 57.

Veilstone City, Route 214, Valor Lakefront, Route 222:

Go to Route 214 and Valor Lakefront. Take Route 222 from there, and face Sailor Luther. Use Flame Wheel on his Feebas, Grass Knot on his Gastrodon, and Close Combat against his Machoke. Arrive at Sunyshore City.

Sunyshore City:

Head to the lighthouse to see Volkner, then enter Gym. Fight School Kid Tiera, and use Close Combat against School Kid Tiera’s Pachirisu. Battle School Kid Forrest, and use a Flame Wheel against School Kid Forrest’s Mr. Mime. Fight Guitarist Jerry, and use Flame Wheel against his Luxio. Fight Ace Trainer Destiny, and use Flame Wheel and Close Combat on Ace Trainer Destiny’s Kadabra and Raichu, respectively. Battle Guitarist Preston, and use Flame Wheel and Grass Knot on his Luxio and Bibarel, respectively. Battle Ace Trainer Zachery and use Close Combat and Flare Blitz on his Steelix and Medicham respectively. Fight Leader Volkner, and use X Attack and use Flame Wheel on his Raichu. Then use Close Combat on his Octillery, Flare Blitz on his Ambipom, and Flare Blitz on his Luxray.

This part is probably going to cause some trouble, since I have to keep Infernape’s HP to a certain threshold in order to pull off this part. Right now, my Infernape is at level 50, my Bibrael is at level 17, my Starly is at level 13, and my Bidoof is at level 3. I will start the part later tonight, and have a report by tomorrow.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so Lyle took it in the ass with regards to PP, but manage to finish the eighth part without excessive drama. Below is how the eighth part went:

Part 1-8:

I heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to Lake Acuity, encountering and KO’ing a Snover along the way. After partaking in the Jupiter cutscene, I fly to Veilstone City. I get the key to the storage room, get a Dusk Stone, and enter the Galactic Grunt hideout. I fail to dodge the first Galactic Grunt, and use a Fire Blast on his Golbat. I then pick up a Zinc, and face the second Galactic Grunt. I proceed to take out the Galactic Grunt’s Dustox and Bronzor using a Flame Wheel to each of them. I fight another Galactic Grunt and use Flame Wheel against his Glameow. I get TM36 and the Galactic Key and leave the warehouse. After entering the main building, I run past the top wall to fight the next Galactic Grunt, where I use a Fire Blast each to take out his two Golbats. I also fight his buddy, and take out the female Galactic Grunt’s Golbat using Fire Blast, and her Silcoon using Flame Wheel. I use the bed to heal up, get a hidden Full Restore, and fight the next Galactic Grunt, using Flame Wheel against the Galactic Grunt’s Croagunk, Stunky, and Glameow. I then face the next Galactic Grunt, and use Flame Wheel against the Galactic Grunt’s Stunky and Croagunk. I get the Elixir, and face Calactic Boss Cyrus. Use Close Combat against his Murkrow, Fire Blast against his Golbat, and Flame Wheel against his Sneasel. I get the Master Ball, and then face Commander Saturn and use a Flame Wheel against each of Commander Saturn’s Kadabra and Bronzor, and Fire Blast against Commander Saturn’s Toxicroak, and forego learning Calm Mind in the process. I then fly to Oreburgh City.

I heal at the Pokémon Center, teach Rock Climb to Bibarel over Water Gun, and head to Mt. Coronet. On my there, I get intercepted by Youngster Austin on Route 207, and use Flame Wheel on his Starly, Grass Knot on his Geodude, and Flame Wheel on his Chimchar. I also get a Dire Hit there and run into Hiker Kevin, where I use Grass Knot on his two Geodudes, Flame Wheel on his Zubat, and Grass Knot on his third Geodude. I also miss the timing and run into Hiker Justin. I use Grass Knot on his Geodude, and Flame Wheel on his Bronzor. I pick up a Super Potion, and enter Mt. Coronet. I get a Protein, encounter and KO a Machop, and head to the second floor, where I get a Max Potion and the hidden Ether and encounter and KO 3 Clefairys, and a Bronzong. I get TM80 and encounter and KO a Medicham, who paralyzes Infernape. After using a Paralyz Heal, I encounter and KO a Medicham, get a Revive, and use a Super Potion to heal it up. I then encounter and KO a Chingling, 2 Bronzongs, a Clefairy, and skip getting the Max Revive since Infernape was running low on Fire Blast PP. I manage to dodge the Team Galactic Grunts and reach Mt. Coronet Peak. From there, I enter Mt. Coronet’s 4th floor and encounter and KO a Chingling, a Bronzong, and a Medicham. I use a Hyper Potion to heal up, and once again miss the timing and fight a Team Galactic Grunt. I use a Flame Wheel against his Stunky, and use a Fire Blast against his Golbat. I get the hidden Ether, and go outside and encounter and KO a Clefairy, a Chingling, and a Snover. I also get the Hidden Rare Candy before taking a wrong turn inside, where I run into a Galactic Grunt, and use Close Combat and Flame Wheel to take out his Golbat. Cursing my stupidity, I go back outside and encounter and KO a Chingling. I head back inside and encounter and KO a Medicham, and use an Elixir to restore Infernape’s PP. I finally fight the first Galactic Grunt, and use a Flame Wheel each against the Galactic Grunt’s Bronzor and Glameow. I then fight the second Galactic Grunt, and use a Flame Wheel and Fire Blast on the Galactic Grunt’s Bronzor and Golbat, respectively. I then proceed to fight the third Galactic Grunt and use Fire Blast on the Galactic Grunt’s Golbat, and a Flame Wheel each on the Galactic Grunt’s Bronzor and Glameow. I encounter and KO a Golbat, and head to Spear Pillar.

Once at Spear Pillar, I fight the two Galactic Grunts. I have Infernape use Flame Wheel on their Dustox, and Bibrael use Defense Curl. I forgo learning Headbutt in the process. Their Stunky uses Night Slash to take out Bibrael, so I bring in Starly and have Infernape use Flame Wheel on Croagunk while Starly’s turn is used to heal Infernape. Their Stunky uses Toxic on Infernape, so I have Infernape use Flame Wheel on Stunky and use Starly’s turn to use an antidote on Infernape. I use a final Flame Wheel on their Glameow, while Starly’s turn is used to heal Infernape. Starly evolves in Staravia after the battle. After using an Ether on Infernape’s Fire Blast, and an additional Potion on Infernape, I fight Commander Mars and Commander Jupiter. I use a Flame Wheel on their first Bronzor, while the second Bronzoer managed to cast a Reflect. I use a Fire Blast on their first Golbat, which goes down in one shot. The second Bronzor uses an Extrasensory on my Infernape, which turns out to be a critical hit. I stay calm and use a Close Combat on their Purugly, and Flame Wheel on their second Bronsor, and Fire Blast on their Skunktank. I then finish off with a Fire Blast on their second Golbat. I then face Galactic Boss Cyrus after getting fully healed by Ralph. I use an X Special, then use Fire Blast on his Honchkrow, which takes two tries to succeed. I then use Grass Knot twice on Gyarados, and then learn Flare Blitz over Fire Blast. I then use Flare Blitz on Crobat, and use a Hyper Potion to heal up. I then use a Flame Wheel, which fails due to confusion, forcing me to use a Persim Berry to remove the status. I then use a Flame Wheel twice to take it out, the first being a critical hit. I then use a Flare Blitz on Weavile. I then catch Dialga with the Master Ball, and get the Adamant Orb and equip it to Dialga. I return to Mt. Coronet, use the Escape Rope, and fly to Veilstone

Once at Veilstone City, I heal at the Pokémon center, and go to Route 214, where I encounter and KO a Kricketune and Ponyta, and reach Valor Lakefront. I encounter and KO a Bibarel and head to Route 222. from there, and face Sailor Luther. I use Flame Wheel on his Feebas, Grass Knot on his Gastrodon, and Close Combat against his Machoke. I then arrive at Sunyshore City.

I head to the lighthouse to see Volkner, then enter the gym. I fight School Kid Tiera, and use Close Combat against School Kid Tiera’s Pachirisu. I then fight Guitarist Jerry, and use Flame Wheel against his Luxio. I then battle School Kid Forrest, and use a Flame Wheel and a Grass Knot against School Kid Forrest’s Mr. Mime. I fail to dodge Poke Kid Meghan, and use Flame Wheel on all four of her Pikachus. I then fight Ace Trainer Destiny, and use Flame Wheel and Close Combat on Ace Trainer Destiny’s Kadabra and Raichu, respectively. I then battle Guitarist Preston, and use Flame Wheel and Grass Knot on his Luxio and Bibarel respectively. Next, I battle Ace Trainer Zachery and a Flare Blitz and a Grass Knot on his Steelix and a Flare Blitz on his Medicham. I fail to evade Guitarist Lonnie and use a Flame Wheel and Grass Knot on his Raichu, who paralyzes Infernape. After using a Paralyz Heal, I fight Leader Volkner, and use X Attack and use Flame Wheel on his Raichu. I then use Close Combat on his Octillery. I use Flare Blitz on his Ambipom, which puts Infernape into Blaze range, and a Flame Wheel on his Luxray. I get the Beacon Badge and TM57 and end the part with pride.

So below is my plan to finish the ninth part and the game:

Sunyshore City, Route 223:

Use PP up on Infernape’s Close Combat, and other boosting items on Infernape. Heal at the Pokemon Center, get HM07 from Jasmine, and teach Bibrael Waterfall over Defense Curl. Head to Route 223. Fight Swimmer Oscar, and use Flare Blitz on his Mantyke, Grass Knot on his Remoraid, and Flare Blitz on his Mantine. Go to Victory Road.

Victory Road:

Fight Ace Trainer Mariah. Use Grass Knot on her Golduck and Flame Wheel on her Blissey. Get the hidden Max Elixir. Fight Ace Trainer Omar, and use Close Combat against Ace Trainer Omar’s Rapidash, Grass Knot against Ace Trainer Omar’s Rampardos, and Flame Wheel on Ace Trainer Omar’s Carnivine. Face Ace Trainer Sydney, and use Close Combat against Ace Trainer Sydney’s Clefable, and Flare Blitz against Ace Trainer Sydney’s Torterra. Battle Black Belt Miles, and use Close Combat against his Machamp. Battle Psychic Valencia, and use Flame Wheel on Psychic Valencia’s Chingling, and Flare Blitz on Psychic Valencia’s Chimecho. Face Dragon Tamer Ondrej, and use Close Combat on Dragon Tamer Ondrej’s Gabite. Face Veteran Edgar, and use a Blazed Flare Blitz on his Tentacruel. Then use Grass Knot on his Golem, and a Close Combat on his Empoleon. After healing up, fight Dragon Tamer Clinton, and use Flare Blitz on Dragon Tamer Clinton’s first Gible. Use Grass Knot twice on Dragon Tamer Clinton’s Gyarados, and a Flare Blitz on Dragon Tamer Clinton’s second Gible. Arrive at the Pokémon League.

Pokémon League:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and buy 2 Full Restores. Face Ralph one last time, and use X Attack. Use a Close Combat each against his Staraptor, Empoleon, and Snorlax. Use Flame Wheel against his Hearacross, and Close Combat against his Rapidash. Then use Flame Wheel against his Roserade. Heal at the Pokémon Center again, then Fight Elite Four Aaron. Use a Flame Wheel each on his Dustox and Beautifly. Then use Flare Blitz twice against his Drapion. Use a Flare Blitz each on his Hearcross and Vespiquen, and then heal up. Fight Elite Four Bertha, and use X Special and a Grass Knot on her Quagsire. Then use a Grass Knot each on her Wiscash, Hippowdon, and Golem. Use a Close Combat against her Sudowoodo. Heal to at least 130 HP, and face Elite Four Flint. Use X Attack and Close Combat against his Rapidash, then use a Close Combat each against his Lopunny, Infernape, and Sttelix. Then use a Flare Blitz against his Drifblim. Ether Infernape’s Close Combat, then fully heal up. Then fight Elite Four Lucian, and use a Flare Blitz each on his Mr. Mime and Alakazam. Use a Close Combat against his Girafarig, and use a Flare Blitz each on his Bronzong and Medicham. Heal to full, and then face Champion Cynthia. Use 2 X Attack and then use Flare Blitz. Use a Close Combat each on her Gastrodon, Milotic, and Garchomp. Use a Flame Wheel each against her Roserade and Lucario. Watch the credits.

So this Lithium Rogue is at the home stretch and can finish the game without too much trouble. My Infernape is at level 59, Dialga is at level 47, Bidoof is at level 3, Staravia is at level 15, and Bibrael is at level 18. I will start the last part today, and will hopefully have a report by tonight.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so Lyle managed to finish the game and successfully complete the Lithium Rogue Challenge for this generation, although there were some tense moments in the Victory Road journey. Below is how the ninth part went:

Part 1-9:

Use PP Up on Infernape’s Close Combat, and use 2 Zincs on Infernape. I then get a Thunderstone, heal at the Pokémon Center, get HM07 from Jasmine, and teach Bibrael Waterfall over Defense Curl. I then head to Route 223, where I encounter and KO a Mantyke, a Pelipper. I then fight Swimmer Oscar, and use Flare Blitz on his Mantyke, Grass Knot on his Remoraid, and Flare Blitz on his Mantine. I encounter and flee from a Tentacruel since Infernape was confused as a result of it, but encounter and KO 2 Pelippers. I also get a Pearl and encounter and flee from another Tentacruel. I fail to dodge a Swimmer Gabrielle, and use Grass Knot to KO her Golduck. I encounter and KO a Mantyke, and use a Hyper Potion to heal up. Once I cross the waterfall, I heal at the Pokémon Center, and go to Victory Road.

I encounter and KO 2 Machokes and a Graveler, I fight Ace Trainer Mariah, and use Grass Knot on her Golduck and Flame Wheel on her Blissey. I get the hidden Max Elixir, and encounter and KO 2 Gravelers and a Kadabra. I then choose to flee from an encountered Medicham and 2 Golbat, and fight Ace Trainer Omar.I use Close Combat against Ace Trainer Omar’s Rapidash, Grass Knot against Ace Trainer Omar’s Rampardos, and Flame Wheel on Ace Trainer Omar’s Carnivine. I encounter and KO a Graveler and face Ace Trainer Sydney. I use Close Combat against Ace Trainer Sydney’s Clefable, and Flare Blitz against Ace Trainer Sydney’s Torterra. I use a Potion to heal up, and battle Black Belt Miles. I use Close Combat against his Machamp, which does NOT take it out. His Machamp uses Cross Chop, which causes Infernape to faint. I switch to Bidoof and use a Revive on Infernape, while Machamp uses Submission to knock both Bidoof and itself out. I encounter and KO a Steelix and battle Psychic Valencia. I use Flame Wheel on Psychic Valencia’s Chingling, and Flare Blitz on Psychic Valencia’s Chimecho. After using a Repel, I face Dragon Tamer Ondrej, and use Close Combat on Dragon Tamer Ondrej’s Gabite. I then face Veteran Edgar, and use a Blazed Flare Blitz on his Tentacruel. I then use Grass Knot on his Golem, and a Close Combat on his Empoleon. After healing up with a Hyper Potion, I fight Dragon Tamer Clinton, and use Flare Blitz on Dragon Tamer Clinton’s first Gible. I then use Grass Knot twice on Dragon Tamer Clinton’s Gyarados, and a Flare Blitz and a Flame Wheel on Dragon Tamer Clinton’s second Gible. After encountering and KO’ing a Machoke, I arrive at the Pokémon League.

After healing at the Pokémon Center, I buy 6 Full Restores. I then face Ralph one last time, and use X Attack. I then use a Close Combat each against his Staraptor, Empoleon, and Snorlax. After that I use Flame Wheel against his Hearacross, which surprisingly does not take it out. Infernape goes down to 13 HP with Heracross’ attack, but I use another Flame Wheel to take it out. I use Close Combat against his Rapidash, and use Flame Wheel against his Roserade. I heal at the Pokémon Center again, and then fight Elite Four Aaron. I use a Flame Wheel each on his Dustox and Beautifly. Then I use Flare Blitz four times against his Drapion. I finish the battle by using a Flare Blitz on his Heracross and a Flame Wheel on his Vespiquen. I then heal up with a Hyper Potion and fight Elite Four Bertha. I use X Special and a Grass Knot three times on her Quagsire, which the Quagsire blocking the first two with Protect. Then I use a Grass Knot twice on her Wiscash, with the first one not KO’ing it and the second being a critical hit. I then use a Grass Knot each on her Hippowdon and Golem. I then use a Close Combat against her Sudowoodo to finish the fight. I use my 3 Rare Candies on my Infernape and face Elite Four Flint. I use X Attack and Close Combat against his Rapidash and then use a Close Combat each against his Lopunny, Infernape, and Steelix. I then use a Flare Blitz against his Drifblim, which knocks my Infernape out in the process. After using a Revive on Infernape, and an Ether on Infernape’s Close Combat, I fight Elite Four Lucian. I use a Flare Blitz on his Mr. Mime and a Blazed Flame Wheel on his Alakazam, which does NOT KO it, surprisingly enough. I use another two Blazed Flame Wheel on his Alakazam, since a Full Restore was used in between the additional Flame Wheels. I use a Close Combat against his Girafarig, and use a Hyper Potion. I then use a Flare Blitz each on his Bronzong and Medicham. I use a Hyper Potion to heal up, and then face Champion Cynthia. I use an X Attack, but then get Embargoed with Cynthia’s Spiritomb. I proceed to use Flare Blitz on it. I then use a Close Combat each on her Gastrodon, Milotic, and Garchomp. Thanks to the Embargo from the Spiritomb earlier, the Close Combat does no KO the Garchomp, who uses an Earthquake to take town my Infernape. I bring in Bidoof and use a Revive on my Infernape, while Garchomps takes out my Bidoof with Giga Impact. I have Infernape use a Close Combat. I then use a Flare Blitz against her Roserade, and use a Blazed Fire Wheel against her Lucario. I then watch the credits and enjoy a job well done.

So it took a grand total of 15 hours and 14 minutes for the Lithium Rogue Challenge to be completed in Generation IV, which was a tad longer than the clear time for Generation III. However, it only took one single attempt to clear the challenge in this generation, which is much better than the 6 attempts that it took to clear the previous generation. Not that it means much, but I posted a picture as proof of my clear time. I will be doing the Lithium Rogue’s challenge on Generation V next, as soon as I can get hold of Black, which is my preferred choice.

The below link shows the said picture mentioned in the above paragraph.
https://imgur.com/a/e0Qzft7

After capturing Dialga at the Spear Pillar I decided to take a break from the main game and go legendary hunting. After many hours, ultra balls and one master ball I managed to capture Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit! Now back to the gyms and acquiring the 8th badge at Sunyshore City.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Start a play through for both HG and Platinum at the beginning of this month however, I’ve been continuing with Platinum so I can get needed Pokémon and Evolutionary items for HG.

Currently in Celestic Town, ready to meet Cynthia’s nan.

Team:
Infernape
Gabite
Togetic
Octillery
Hippopotas

Last edited:

Since my last update I managed to get the 8th gym badge at Sunyshore City and defeat the Elite Four and Champion! Now I am going to start on all the post game stuff and also move my old Pokémon from Emerald across to Diamond so that I can try to complete the Pokédex.

WalesNote

Getting the itch to go back to Platinum. Am glad I still have my DS games.

Possible team choices
  • Empoleon / Infernape
  • Luxray / Floatzel / Crobat
  • Gardevoir / Drifblim
  • Houndoom / Chatot
  • Leafeon / Umbreon / Jolteon
  • Steelix / Lucario / Weavile / Abomasnow

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Currently replaying Platinum, love these games SO MUCH. Its amazing.
Pokemon is my comfort food.

Bus

According to the guy currently leaking stuff on the Crown Tundra DLC, there's going to be a Pokemon Game next year (he counts Sword/Shield as a singular game). Fair chance it may be the remakes for Diamond/Pearl, just thought the thread here would like to know that. There's nothing specifically hinting towards 4th Gen remakes in particular, he just said 'There will be a Pokemon Game next Year'. It's much too early for Gen 9 it could be something like another rangers or Conquest, but they know 4th Gen is popular and its next on the slate of remakes, so I wanted to spread some hope.

Source in spoiler for those interested

Post game stuff complete! Now onto catching and trading Pokémon to complete the Diamond Pokédex.

zolios

I decided to restart my Pearl version and play through this game again. But before I could reset my Pearl save file I had to trade a lot of Pokemon and Items over to my Heart Gold since Pearl has been my "main" Gen 4 game and I kept most of my Pokemon and Items on this Pearl save. I traded everything that I wanted to keep to my Heart Gold over the last couple of days so today I was finally able to delete the old save and start my new Pearl playthrough.

I chose Turtwig as my starter and made my way towards Oreburgh City. Before reaching Oreburgh, I had to stop in Jubilife City and do a few thing there first like obtaining a Poketch for example. I also battled my rival Barry right outside of Jubilife and I won despite only having a Turtwig on my team. I skipped a few Trainers on my way to Oreburgh because I wanted to save that experience for the second member of my team that I ended up catching on Route 207 above Oreburgh City. That Pokemon was a Machop. I also decided to add the third Pokemon to my team right after catching Machop so I went to the Pokemon Center and traded myself (a Diamond exclusive) Murkrow Egg (with some Egg Moves) from my Heart Gold. With three members on my team I went back and battled all of the Trainers that I skipped so far. And now I'm about to go to the Oreburgh Mine and find Roark so I can challenge him to a battle and hopefully win my first Gym badge.

The Team:
spr_dp_387_2.png
Galapagos Lv. 12 (M)
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Tackle, Absorb and Withdraw

spr_dp_066_1.png
Khabib Lv. 9 (M)
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Low Kick, Leer and Focus Energy

spr_dp_198_f-1.png
Bonnie Lv. 8 (F)
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Drill Peck, Pursuit, Peck and Astonish

zolios

So a few things happened since the last post... I now have two Gym Badges and a Team of four Pokemon but I'll recap everything that happened from the beginning.

Last time I was getting ready to go into Oreburgh Mine to find Roark. I found him quickly and he returned to the Gym so I could finally challenge him. After battling all of the trainers in Oreburgh Mine and also the two trainers in the Gym I felt ready to challenge Roark. My plan was to use Turtwig (Lv. 13) and Machop (Lv. 12). I started with Machop and defeated Roark's Geodude easily with Low Kick. Roark then sent out Cranidos but Machop managed to win again with two Karate Chops since Cranidos used Leer on the first turn and Machop barely survived the Headbutt on the second turn. Roark only had Onix left so I switched to Turtwig and won with one Razor Leaf.

The next big battle was at Valley Windworks but despite being a little bit underleveled I still beat Mars thanks to her Purugly only going for the Dark type attacks against my Machop. At this point I wanted to add a fourth member to the team but after considering a Shellos for a few minutes I decided against it since a Water type is still not that necessary at this point of the game especially with a Grass type Gym being my next challenge. So since I didn't want to catch a Water type right now I decided to get a Fire type instead and use the upcoming Eterna Forest as a great way to train up the new Fire type and help it catch up in levels with the rest of the team. Since my only Fire type option in Pearl is a Ponyta line I decided to trade in another Egg from my Heart Gold and this time it was a Magby Egg. It hatched and we got through the Eterna Forest easily.

With a Magby and a Murkrow on my team the Eterna Gym was very easy to beat and even with both of them being four levels lower than Gardenia's ace we still won the Badge without any issues. I then cleared the Team Galactic building and saved the Bicycle shop owner. My payment for saving him was a brand new Bicycle so I now can go through the Cycling Road on Route 206. I battled everyone I could on this Route and I even got through the Mt. Coronet and Route 208 before saving at the gates of Hearthome City.

The Team:
spr_dp_388_1.png
Galapagos Lv. 24 (M)
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Razor Leaf, Bite, Tackle and Curse
spr_dp_066_1.png
Khabib Lv. 22 (M)
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Karate Chop, Revenge, Foresight and Focus Energy
spr_dp_198_f-1.png
Bonnie Lv. 22 (F)
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Drill Peck, Pursuit, Wing Attack and Haze
spr_dp_240_1.png
Joker Lv. 22 (M)
Nature: Modest
Moves: Ember, Faint Attack, Fire Spin and Smoke Screen

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Well after getting mercilessly curb stomped by Cynthia i reset Platinum; I kept changing around my team before the e4 and ultimate only 3 Pokémon were somewhat strong enough to make a dent in the several battles I had, with her. Also decided to reset HG.

Haven’t done a mono run in forever, and from what I can remember I’ve never completed one in HGSS. Wanted to use Slowbro/King so I’m doing a Water Mono in HG. I’m hoping to use a few (water) Pokémon I haven’t beaten a Pokémon game with or HGSS with (namely Gyarados, Poliwrath, Slowbro).

Over in Platinum, I’m leaning towards Ground just so I can use Nidoqueen, a favorite of mine. I could do a poison run, to use ‘Queen, but I’ve used most the poison types available in Gen 4 on Platinum.

My only other option would be Normal on Platinum, so if someone wants to talk me into using some Normies go ahead.

Anyway, my “recent happening” was that I made it to Azalea Town. Met Kurt whom ran off to confront the thought to be debunked Team Rocket. Omw to catch the second member of my team in the Slowpoke Well, will then trade over my Prinplup from Platinum and continue on.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
So I defeated Team Rocket a couple days ago and emerged, from the Slowpoke Well, with a female ‘poke as the second member to my Mono Water Team.

Also traded over Prinplup, as I said I would. The gang and I proceeded to destroy Bugsy’s gym. Prinplup was borderline useless, he was a couple levels to high and in turn barely listened; got off a SR when it came time actually battle Bugsy. He showed up when needed, and that’s what really matters.

I traversed Ilex Forest afterwards, but not before encountering my “rival”. Croconaw swept him as Slowpoke was still too fragile to handle his Bayleef or Gastly.

Did what I needed to in Ilex and discovered Goldenrod promptly. After several battles, some dialogue in the Daycare, and a quiz to obtain a Radio Card, I challenged the city’s gym. Whitney’s trainers weren’t problematic and really neither was she. Slowpoke and Croc are females so Attract was useless. Yawn + Slowpoke has made much of the game a breeze, for the moment.

I continued my journey all the way to Ecruteak, catching a horribly natured Sudowoodo along the way. Acquired Surf after dealing with TR once more, slapped it onto Prinplup. I explored the city’s Burned Tower, meeting new faces within and battling my rival and curb stomping in the process once more. After an encounter with the legendary beasts I saved and concluded, as I previously found a suitable Nidoran that can be transferred to Platinum. I’ll be challenging Morty next, should be fun.

Over on Platinum, I’m just getting started with my mono Ground Team. My Turtwig is Naughty, just like Croconaw. I’ve made it to Jubilife, where I’m currently tracking down my rival.

Teams:
HG

• Croconaw/CHompa
  • Slowpoke/Slow Gyal
  • Prinplup/big Cuz
Platinum
  • Turtwig/BIG PA-PI