• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen RMT- This any good?

Raikou_fan

I have yet to really get into competetive battling in Gen V, so I'm still playing around with my SS team. This is a team that I made up entirely of my favorites from back in the day of G/S/C (except weavile, who evolves from one of my favorites). I just wanted to see how well they'd work together. So, here they are!

Kingra
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Moves: Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall
Substitute (Should I replace this with Hydro Pump?)

With its decent bulk and only one weakness, Kingdra can stand up against most things that come its way without too much of a problem. Therefore, it is my lead. When faced with many common leads it can get dragon dance or Substitute set up and procede put a hole in the enemy's team early on.

Celebi
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 32 Spd / 76 SDef
Moves: Energy Ball
Recover
Calm Mind
Leech Seed

This thing is a tank. Recover, Leech Seed, Calm Mind, and Leftovers give it serious bulkiness. After a few calm minds, Energy Ball gets some sweeping potential as well.

Arcanine
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Moves: Morning Sun
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Thunder Fang

A standard physical sweeper. I chose Flash Fire over Intimidate so it can switch into fire attacks used on Celebi and get a little boost. Flare Blitz is, of course, its main attack, whereas Thunder Fang takes out water-types and Extremespeed is a good priority move. Leftovers help with how fragile it is and negate weather damage.

Espeon
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Moves: Psychic
Morning Sun
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

Standard Special sweeper. Psychic is its main attack, while Shadow Ball is there for ghosts and other psychics. Calm Mind makes Espeon a stronger sweeper and helps it stay around a little longer. Leftovers is there to negate weather and add to survivability.

Weavile
Ability: Pressure
Item: Expert Belt
Moves: Ice Punch
Night Slash
Brick Break
Pursuit

Weavile is my revenge killer. It comes in late in the game to finish anything that the others couldn't quite get done.

Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Moves: Stone Edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Avalanche

This is the powerhouse behind the team. I try not to send him out until later so his Sandstream doesn't interfere with Arcanine and Espeon's Morning Suns too much. I gave him the Expert Belt over Choice Band because I don't care for being restricted so much.

Well, there they are. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Gyarados or anything in fact that uses dragon dance is going to sweep you reasonably easily. I suggest adding a choice scarf pokemon to outspeed and KO these threats before they deal significant damage to your team Scizor can hurt your team a lot aswell with CB uturns and bullet punches arcane is the only thing on your team who can handle it.

Raikou_fan

Kingra
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Moves: Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall
Substitute (Should I replace this with Hydro Pump?)

With its decent bulk and only one weakness, Kingdra can stand up against most things that come its way without too much of a problem. Therefore, it is my lead. When faced with many common leads it can get dragon dance or Substitute set up and procede put a hole in the enemy's team early on.

Raikou
Nature: Timid (or Rash for Aura Sphere)
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Moves: Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
HP Grass (or Aura Sphere)

Arcanine
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Morning Sun
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Thunder Fang

A standard physical sweeper. I chose Flash Fire over Intimidate so it can switch into fire attacks used on Celebi and get a little boost. Flare Blitz is, of course, its main attack, whereas Thunder Fang takes out water-types and Extremespeed is a good priority move. Leftovers help with how fragile it is and negate weather damage.

Espeon
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Moves: Psychic
Morning Sun
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

Standard Special sweeper. Psychic is its main attack, while Shadow Ball is there for ghosts and other psychics. Calm Mind makes Espeon a stronger sweeper and helps it stay around a little longer. Leftovers is there to negate weather and add to survivability.

Weavile
Moves: Ice Punch
Night Slash
Brick Break
Pursuit

Weavile is my revenge killer. It comes in late in the game to finish anything that the others couldn't quite get done.

Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Moves: Stone Edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Avalanche

This is the powerhouse behind the team. I try not to send him out until later so his Sandstream doesn't interfere with Arcanine and Espeon's Morning Suns too much. I gave him the Expert Belt over Choice Band because I don't care for being restricted so much.

Took out Celebi and replaced it with Raikou. Raikou will better be able to handle D-Dancers such as Salamence, or Gyarados. Aura Sphere would also help with Rock types and normals.

Nice team. Maybe too much use of leftovers maybe. I like having a pokemon that can well you know benefit from the sandstorm could be dangerous. As it has to be from Johto I don't see why this is not good.