• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

LadyLilligant

#1 ORAS Fan Girl
Ooh, this looks fun. I've been meaning to play through Diamond fully and this is a great way to do it. :D

Diamond Scramble
> Yup-yup the male Bidoof - *insert restriction here*
>
>
>
>
>

• I have to use a Bidoof as my starter Pokemon. This means that Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup and their evolutions cannot be a part of my team. Once I catch said Bidoof, the starter Pokemon I chose immediately goes into the PC.
  • I'm only allowed to use the Pokemon found within the game, excluding the legendaries and post-game Pokemon.
  • No more than three Pokemon of the same type are allowed.
  • At least half of my team needs to be fully evolved.
  • I can only use one item per battle (excluding Poke Balls, obviously).
  • No male Combee (you know why).
  • If I find a shiny Pokemon, it goes straight into the PC. If I find a shiny version of one of my soon-to-be party members and it happens to be of the opposite gender, I'll either give it the same name or a slightly altered name, depending on the name, of course.

As for the nicknames, genders, and restrictions for the other Pokemon you choose, have fun with it! No inappropriate names though.
Yes, I'm willing to search for the Pokemon with only a 12.5% of being one gender, I'm that bored.

Oh, and can you suggest a name for the male protagonist (aka Lucas)? I've only played as Dawn so I want a change a pace. Again, no inappropriate names and please try your best to be creative with this one.

//Edited because I didn't know how to make bullet points.//

Last edited:

LadyLilligant

#1 ORAS Fan Girl
-ShinnyShade
Catch a Yanma and don't evolve it until level 45. The Pokemon you defeat to reach that level (or higher if you miss it the first time) must be part Rock type. You can't teach it any TMs until it evolves and you're not allowed to forget the move that's in it's first slot when you catch it.

ShinnyShade

Hi everybody! After a few years, i'll like to start a new game on my Pokemon Platinum and i need your help to create my new team. I don't want impossible restrictions or useless pokemon. I can't trade and transfer pokemons. Only two pokemon of the same type on my team, no more.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, but I'm spanish xD

IMPORTANT: I forget on my first post to tell you that i'll really like to have a starter on my team. Thanks a lot <3

-ShinnyShade
Catch a Yanma and don't evolve it until level 45. The Pokemon you defeat to reach that level (or higher if you miss it the first time) must be part Rock type. You can't teach it any TMs until it evolves and you're not allowed to forget the move that's in it's first slot when you catch it.

That sound great! Really thanks :D I've got my first pokemon!

-Yanma. He don't evolves until level 45. The Pokemon you defeat to reach that level (or higher if you miss it the first time) must be part Rock type. You can't teach it any TMs until it evolves and you're not allowed to forget the move that's in it's first slot when you catch it.

Kalosian

So long
ShinnyShade, take a Piplup as your starter. It can evolve into Prinplup freely, but it must solo all Black Belts and Ace Trainers on Route 215 before evolving into Empoleon. It must also learn Surf, and may only do so after you use the VS. Seeker to rematch any trainer of your choice on Route 212 a total of 4 times. If you take nicknames, name it Pengolar.

LadyLilligant, take a Budew. It must be Female and it must have Natural Cure. It must evolve into Roselia before you challenge Gardenia, you may then freely evolve it into Roserade. However, it must learn Giga Drain and keep it forever. It must also learn one move by TM, the last two of its moves are up to you. Nickname it Floria.

ShinnyShade

Hi everybody! After a few years, i'll like to start a new game on my Pokemon Platinum and i need your help to create my new team. I don't want impossible restrictions or useless pokemon. I can't trade and transfer pokemons. Only two pokemon of the same type on my team, no more.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, but I'm spanish xD

IMPORTANT: I forget on my first post to tell you that i'll really like to have a starter on my team. Thanks a lot <3

ShinnyShade, take a Piplup as your starter. It can evolve into Prinplup freely, but it must solo all Black Belts and Ace Trainers on Route 215 before evolving into Empoleon. It must also learn Surf, and may only do so after you use the VS. Seeker to rematch any trainer of your choice on Route 212 a total of 4 times. If you take nicknames, name it Pengolar.

LadyLilligant, take a Budew. It must be Female and it must have Natural Cure. It must evolve into Roselia before you challenge Gardenia, you may then freely evolve it into Roserade. However, it must learn Giga Drain and keep it forever. It must also learn one move by TM, the last two of its moves are up to you. Nickname it Floria.

Like it! Thanks a lot.

-Yanmega. He don't evolves from Yanma until level 45. The Pokemon you defeat to reach that level (or higher if you miss it the first time) must be part Rock type. You can't teach it any TMs until it evolves and you're not allowed to forget the move that's in it's first slot when you catch it.
-Empoleon. Piplup as your starter. It can evolve into Prinplup freely, but it must solo all Black Belts and Ace Trainers on Route 215 before evolving into Empoleon. It must also learn Surf, and may only do so after you use the VS. Seeker to rematch any trainer of your choice on Route 212 a total of 4 times. If you take nicknames, name it Pengolar.

Jemslie123

Mentally Unstable
shinyshade,
I appreciate that you've had no replies since May, so you might not still need this, but if you do:
Pachirisu, who must still know SuperFang when you face the Champion

ladylilligant,
Likewise, I know it's been since May, but you should use a Geodude, male, Evolve him as far as you can, but he must keep the moves Rock Smash and Explosion.

grxma

Ok so, I'm thinking of doing a scramble challenge on Heartgold, so any suggestions will be appreciated :D I would like a starter on my team, but I don't mind which one~

Navarch

Magnelithe, take a Totodile and name it "Frank" if you use nicknames. It can only evolve at Lv. 25 during the Ecruteak Gym Battle against Morty.

Then, it can only while battling the trainers inside the Blackthorne City Gym.

It must always know the move Slash.

Kalosian

So long
Magnelithe, take a Phanpy. It must have evolved into Donphan before you challenge Clair. As a Donphan, it must learn and keep Knock Off and Rock Slide. If you take nicknames, name it Phantastic.

grxma

So far, my team consists of:
-;158; Frank, can only evolve at lvl 25 during battle with Morty, then again whilst battling trainers in Blackthorn Gym. Must always know Slash.
-;231; Phantastic, evolve before challenging Clair, and must always know Knock Off and Rock Slide.

Thank you for the suggestions! I would like a Pokemon that I can get somewhat early in the game next...

Ok so, I'm thinking of doing a scramble challenge on Heartgold, so any suggestions will be appreciated :D I would like a starter on my team, but I don't mind which one~
Take a Sandshrew. This Sandshrew was once abused by Team Rocket and has developed a grudge against the evildoers. It must solo all the Team Rocket members in Slowpoke Well in one go without leaving the place once to use the Pokémon Centre or to restock items and whatnot (You can soft reset if you fail). Of course, even after that its work is not done. It must solo at least eight trainers in the Rocket Hideout and at least ten Rocket Grunts in the Radio Tower and the Goldenrod Underground combined.

No other restrictions, just plain old Rocket belting. Have fun.

grxma

-;158; Frank, can only evolve at lvl 25 during battle with Morty, then again whilst battling trainers in Blackthorn Gym. Must always know Slash.
-;231; Phantastic, evolve before challenging Clair, and must always know Knock Off and Rock Slide.
-;027; Solo TR members in Slowpoke Well without leaving, solo 8 trainers in TR hideout, 10 TR grunts in Radio Tower and Goldenrod Underground.

I like this team so far. I never used these in my original playthrough~

I've made a start, but at this rate I'll only have one Pokemon until after Whitney...

7 tyranitars

-;027; Solo TR members in Slowpoke Well without leaving, solo 8 trainers in TR hideout, 10 TR grunts in Radio Tower and Goldenrod Underground.

I like this team so far. I never used these in my original playthrough~

I've made a start, but at this rate I'll only have one Pokemon until after Whitney...

I will give you a bellsprout. Call him King Bell if it is a male bellspout call her Queen Bell if it is a female one. Ofcourse this title needs to be earned properly, so it has to solo the entire Bellsprout tower. Besides that no more restrictions

Kalosian

So long
MoonOwl, take a Piplup as your starter. Evolve it into Prinplup after soloing five trainers on Route 205, and into Empoleon after it beats a wild Lickitung on Route 215 without using STAB moves. It must learn Surf, and may only do so after soloing three trainers on Route 210 North while there is Fog. It must also learn Flash Cannon and keep it forever. Nickname it South Pole.

The Master Chief

I decided to blow some dust off of my Heartgold and thought "may as well do a challenge".

-No Pokémon that need to evolve or reach final evolution stage by trading
-Starter required

Other than that, I'm game for anything.

Kalosian

So long
The Master Chief, start with a Chikorita. It can evolve into Bayleef after you have beaten the first Gym, and into Meganium once you have beaten your Rival at Ecruteak City. It must always know one Grass-type move, one status move and one Normal-type move. If you take nicknames, name it Off-limit.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Looking for a challenge for Platinum-starter is required. Please no insane restrictions, this is one of my very first Scrambles.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
MoonSong, take a Turtwig as a starter. It has to evolve into Grotle before you challenge Gardenia and into Torterra before you challenge Crasher Wake. Before challenging the Elite Four, its moveset must have all attacking moves (physical or special moves). You can give it any nickname you like.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Given so far:
Turtwig-must evolve to Grotle before challenging Gardenia, must evolve into Torterra before challenging Crasher Wake. Before challenging the E4, its movies must have only attacks.

Still looking for other 'mons. Open to most suggestions!

Kalosian

So long
MoonSong, take a Sneasel. It can evolve into Weavile after it beats seven wild Pokemon on Route 217. It must learn Ice Punch through Move Tutor and keep it. If you take nicknames, name it Frostfang.