• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Single Pokemon Challenge!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
4th Gen Single Pokemon Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver
Suggested by Demonslayer492

What is a Single Pokemon Challenge?

A challenge in which you use every Pokemon possible at least 11 times in battle, especially Sunkern.

No, not really. It's simply a challenge in which you use one Pokemon, and one Pokemon only, for battles. Additional Pokemon for HM uses are permitted for obvious reasons, but they must not be used in the battles themselves.

You may use any Pokemon that can be obtained before the 1st gym in-game! Preferably the earlier the better. You can also, if you are able, have an egg traded to you for hatching to use as your solo Pokemon. (Preferably an egg, as besides the odd period early game a traded Pokemon will gain too much experience to make it much of a challenge.

Variations can be had as well - for example, keeping the Pokemon unevolved may be considered.

Rules

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
  • You can only use one Pokemon! Any other Pokemon must be only used for HM usage.
  • Only use a Pokemon obtained before the 1st gym.
  • If you wish to use a Pokemon not native to your game then you may trade an egg form to your game for hatching.
  • If you wish to use any other restrictions, please specify them in the first post you make in this thread for your challenge.

Last edited:

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
Single Pokémon threads need love. ;-;

I've been doing a Vulpix / Ninetails Solo Run in SoulSilver. It's turning out quite nice, but Bugsy was HORRIBLE despite being overleveled. Ah, oh well.
My little Vulpix, my bred Vee, has two egg moves from Smeargle. Energy Ball and Hypnosis- ah, how it has helped me against Rock, Water, and Ground Pokémon so far- one-shotting them.

Currently training up for Whitney, wish me luck~

;037; Vee [ level 24 ]
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Hypnosis
Quick Attack

I don't really care about natures and stuff like that. :3
Vulpix over Growlithe all the way!

Any suggestions on a Heartgold or Pearl solo run
I can't get egg moves so keep that in mind, I am also getting all 8 badges and beating Red on HG. I have a cheating device so i can get any pokemon

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Ehm, Swalot is always nice :p

caydaAtes

However, I think it might be good to before then hear from you guys what you think of the section. Make suggestions if you want on new threads or the current system and so forth! It doesn't mean it'll happen, and I am a bit unsure of trying new type of challenge threads (the last set I created on request had barely any response in them =/), but they'll be at least considered.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've decided to do a single Pokemon challenge in my spare Diamond version using Piplup. I started the game and chose to play as the female character, then I went downstairs after seeing the T.V.'s Red Gyarados broadcast. After chatting with my mom, I sprinted outside and I visited my rival's home, then we set off to Route 201. We hurried over to Lake Verity and we spotted a bag in the grass, then two rabid Starly ambushed us. I took Piplup's Poke Ball and thrashed Starly, then Lucas showed up and retrieved the bag. We went back to Route 201 next and encountered Rowan. He quickly departed with his slave Lucas, who told us to come to Sandgem Town. I returned to my home in Twinleaf Town and saved there.

393.png
- Piplup Lv. 5