• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Generation Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Aah, my challenge is finally over. Red is SO annoying, but it got through. ^^ I'll trade them to Platinum and do something else. Any Ideas?

So, i'm posting the team i finally won with ^^

Typhlosion lvl 78 @Leftovers.
Eruption/Heat Wave/Focus Blast/Blast Burn

Magmortar lvl 79 @Heat Rock
Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Flamethrower/Psychic

Arcanine Lvl 76 @Life Orb
Extremespeed/Fire Fang/Reversal/Substitute

Flareon Lvl 80 @Wise Glasses.
Flamethrower/Shadow Ball/Lava Plume/Hidden Power (Electric)

Entei Lvl 78 @Leftovers
Calm Mind/Extrasensory/Flamethrower/Stone Edge

Ho-oh Lvl 82 @Choice Band
Sacred Fire/Brave Bird/Earthquake/Zen Headbutt

tsutaja:)

Awesome Pokemon Guy
i am going to do the grass monotype in platinum being my favorite pkmn is torterra:) my ending team will probably be torterra, leafeon, roserade, abomasnow, and im going to trade over a chikerita and bulbasaur from my hg so ill be set :)

tsutaja:)

Awesome Pokemon Guy
i am going to do the grass monotype in platinum being my favorite pkmn is torterra:) my ending team will probably be torterra, leafeon, roserade, abomasnow, and im going to trade over a chikerita and bulbasaur from my hg so ill be set :)

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry

Nah, you shouldn't take bulbasaur and chokorita, take some others, they are plenty. (Wormadam Plnt, Tropius, Cherrim, and Tangrowth, to name a few)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I might try a monotype team that consists of either water, ground, flying, ice or steel.
My Waters team may consist of Buizel(Ingame fun with lv 37 Ice punch buizel, like ash),Empoleon and Kyogre(My team is undecided)Ground may have my Gliscor i am ev training now,but undecided still.Flying:Undecided,could use gliscor.Ice:Undecided,Might use Articuno.Steel:When i get a shiny Registeel, i will have that on it.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
It's a challenge, not a team thing...

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well here's an update for me. My Bug monotype is going swimmingly. After getting the Pokétch and the Town Map, and evolving all the members of my team. I just beat Roark with Beautifly and its Absorb. I was lucky because Cranidos used a combo of Leer and Pursuit to drop me to 1 HP, while I 3HKOd it with Absorb. Right now, Ledyba is the weakling of the team, but will learn the screens and Mach Punch (so random!) soon, and we'll see what happens there. Spinarak is the powerhouse of the team, and he's not even evolved! Poison Jab just OHKOs everything.

Butterfree level 13
Ledyba level 13
Spinarak level 13
Beautifly level 15
Dustox level 13
Kricketune level 13

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Your team's doing pretty well. Good luck on the rest of your journey.

I decided that a Mono-Rock type will follow suite. In platinum. So after choosing Turtwig, i traded him to HG for my newly hatched Larvitar (Holding an Old Amber, though i'll collect Aerodactyl after i get my bicycle). So far, the team has two members and the're doing good ^^

Larvitar "Chompa" Lvl 10
Bite/Screech/Sandtorm/Dragon Dance (Egg move)

Geodude "Rocky" Lvl 8
Tackle/Defense Curl/Mud Sport/Rock Polish

Gonna train a bit before fighting Roark

EDIT: I've fought Roark and killed him. Still only two pokes, though there's pretty tough. Larvitar as a homemade nuclear bomb with dragon dance. (I'm in Floaroma. not been to the windworks.)

Larvitar Lvl 17
Bite/Rock Slide/Dragon Dance/Screech

Geodude Lvl 18 @Quick Claw
Defense Curl/Rock Throw/Magnitude/Sefdestruct

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've also been to the Windworks, was ok for me, Mars wasn't terrible. Butterfree Poisoned it and Ledyba set up Reflect. Then I wore it down with Bug Bite (stole its Oran Berry too!). Got out of there, and beat the trainers. Ledyba evolved into Ledian, now all that's left is Spinarak. Just stopped and saved in Eterna Forest.

Butterfree level 17
Ledian level 18
Spinarak level 17
Beautifly level 17
Dustox level 17
Kricketune level 17

Butterfree has started to establish itself as one bad*** special sweeper, competing with Beautifly for the top spot. Spinarak and Kricketune are at it too, Spinarak is weaker but has Night Shade, while Kricketune has all Bug attacks. Ledian is the only support pokemon now, setting up screens for others. Reflect saved my *** against Mars. Dustox just kinda blends in with the background.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Yeah, My team is going to be two for a while. It's going to be hard beating Gardenia, though, i have nothing on me that can succesfully kill. And a 4x weakness IS annoying. Any idea what to do there?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
You said you traded over an Old Amber right? Why not revive it before battling her? Its not weak to Grass and has STAB Wing Attack to KO Roserade.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Yeah, i forgot i get the Bike before Gardenia. That helps. Thanks ^^

I also hav the underground kit, and my ID tells me i'm a Shieldon digger. Could get him too.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
You get the Bike after defeating Gardenia, but you have access to revive Fossils in Oreburgh City.

On my Bug Platinum, I just beat Gardenia. After making it through Eterna Forest, I met my Rival, he dragged me to the statue. Cyrus was there, blah blah blah. With my team at level 20, I went to the Gym. Beat the trainers, and Butterfree challenged Gardenia. Took down the first two no problems, except for Leech Seed. Stole Roserades Sitrus Berry, and wore it down with Gust. Just about to finish it off, and I'm paralyzed, and Leech Seed saps my HP. Tossed out Spinarak because it resists Grass and Poison, and finished it off with Poison Jab. It leveled up to level 22, and evolved! Finally, my team are all evolved. Saved afterwards.

Butterfree level 21
Ledian level 20
Ariados level 22
Beautifly level 20
Dustox level 20
Kricketune level 20

I'm really enjoying this team, much more than I thought. Its been a challenge with all the Hikers around, and Cycling Road will be tough with all the Staravia's and Ponyta's.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I did what you said, and it really helps to take it out in one attack ^^ I now have four pokemon on my team, and i know who my next one is. Nosepass.

Larvitar Lvl 26
Dragon Dance/Rock Slide/Screech/Bite

Geodude Lvl 24 (I didn't evolve him yet, waiting till he learns eathrquake at lvl 29)
Magnitude/Rock Throw/Defense Curl/Rollout

Aerodactyl Lvl 25
Bite/Supersonic/Wing Attack/Ancientpower (I did trade him over for relearning)

Shieldon Lvl 24
Swagger/Take Down/Iron Defense/Taunt

spra92

Two More Badges

Update for my Platinum normal challenge.

After defeating Roroak, I left Orenburgh to go to Florama Town. Along the way, i trained against several trainers and level up my Pokemon feverishly. I beat Team Galactic at the Windworks and moved on through the forest and to the next town. I beat Gardenia using mostly my newly evolved Staravia. She is quite the fighter as wing attack Koed all of Gardenia's pokemon. I then moved forward, progressing through the story until i was at Fantina. I also added a new Pokemon along the way in Togepi. Fantina was easily taken down by Bibarel's rollout. I am currently level grinding with the VS. seeker outside of Mt. Corenet.

My team:

Bibarel "Chomper" lvl. 32
Hyper Fang
Rollout
Water Gun
Defense Curl

Staravia "Apache" lvl. 30
Ariel Ace
Quick Attack
Endeavor
Double Team

Togepi "Spike' lvl. 19
Metronome
Encore
Sweet Kiss
Growl

BTW, I am thinking about starting a mono rock on my Diamond. If anyone would trade me something to start with (ie. Larvitar, Kabuto, Cranidos) it would be greatly appreciated.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I started a mono Normal type for my SoulSilver:

Furret (later replaced by Tauros)
Bibarel (later replaced by Miltank)
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Slaking
Ambipom

Currently doing the normal stuff before I start trading Eggs over.

Last edited:

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Everyone seems to be doing a monotype Normal, i just traded over my baby Porygon-Z (Trading is fun) to HG (Reset) and caught my three next members: Sentret, Jigglypuff and Hoothoot.

In Platinum, everything is running smooth, Aerodactyl destroyed Fantina and then destroyed Maylene, Wake is the next big annoying person, and then it's pretty smooth until Bertha.

Pupitar Lvl 32
Dragon Dance/Rock Slide/Dark Pulse/Bite

Graveler Lvl 30
Earthquake/Rollout/Defense Curl/Thunderpunch (Move Tutor)

Aerocactyl Lvl 35
Wing Attack/Thunder Fang/Crunch/Supersonic

Shieldon Lvl 30
Take Down/Swagger/AncientPower/Taunt

Nosepass lvl 31
Rock Slide/Thunder Wave/Thunderpunch/Rock Throw

Rhyhorn Lvl 30
Stomp/Thief/Rock Blast/Scary Face

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I restarted SoulSilver today, chose the guy and named myself Matthew. Chose Totodile, it was female, and I named it Jesselina. I went to see Mr. Pokemon, and got the Egg and a Pokedex. Elm called, and I beat my Rival, named him Paul. Made it back to the lab, avoided a felony charge, and Lyra taught me how to catch a pokemon. Caught some more, and traded for Eggs. Hatched them, and currently training them.

Sentret level 10
Cleffa level 10
Igglybuff level 8
Aipom level 5
Slakoth level 5
Bidoof level 5

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Update on my Normal Mono
-Beat the Sprout Tower
-Beat Falkner with Slakoth
-Beat TR in Slowpoke Well
-Cleffa, Igglybuff, Sentret and Bidoof all evolved
-Beat Bugsy with Bibarel
-Made it through Ilex Forest
-Got the Radio Card and the Bike
-Slakoth evolved
-Beat Whitney with Furret.

Now I'm skipping trainers, tossing Bibarel and Furret in the PC, and going to catch both a Tauros and a Miltank.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
update on my team, since i've not been updating for a while.
I've caught my twelfth Giratina, and so i'm off to Sunyshore.

Pupitar Lvl 42
Dragon Dance/Crunch/Rock Slide/Rest(Works well with shed skin)

Graveler Lvl 43
Fire Punch/Thunderpunch/Earthquake/Gyro Ball

Aerodactyl lvl 44
Stone Edge/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang/Fly

Bastiodon Lvl 43
Rock Tomb/Metal Burst/Take Down/Dig

Probopass Lvl 42
Rock Slide/Magnet Bomb/Thunder Wave/Ice Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.