• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Generation Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAdkip

Hey guys! I'm so glad I found such a thread, 'cause recently I started a Water-type challenge in HeartGold. Actually I felt kinda bad, because there is SUCH a variety of water pokemon in HG... BUT, I didn't train just 6 pokemon, I trained around ten..

So, I started with Totodile, then caught Wooper, and thanks to the Old Rod I added Poliwag, Goldeen, Magikarp and Tentacool. In Slowpoke Well I caught a Slowpoke, and then in Goldenrod a Krabby. I trained and evolved all of these.

Actually that's where I stopped training more water pokemon -except for Seel and Chinchou which I caught later-, because it was getting too slow... Anyway, eventually I beat the Elite 4 with Feraligatr, Quagsire, Slowbro, Poliwrath, Lanturn and of course my precious Gyarados!

At first I felt proud of my accomplishment, but then I realised a water challenge was the easiest one, since water is the type with the largest variety and combination of types...

Anyway, I am now going to take my main pokemon to lvl 50 and then train further my Dewgong, Tentacruel, Lapras, Psyduck etc. I also plan to get more water types such as Seadra or Vaporeon

crezz

moonlight walk
bug would be a challenge, it would be fun IMO ;)

7 tyranitars

steel type :p I tried that one but it was kinda meh :p

poke-lord

MAy do a fire one on Pearl :D now that would be a challenge

poke-lord

MAy do a fire one on Pearl :D now that would be a challenge

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
I think I'll start a Monotype on my Platinum as soon as I'm done my current project (A team of all the most common/annoying pokemon, meaning Geodude, Tentacool, Zubat, Wingull, Machop, and Bidoof, almost done)
I'm thinking either poison (Crobat, Roserade, Drapion, Toxicroak, Tentacruel, Muk) or Fighting (Infernape, Gallade, Toxicroak, Lucario, Heracross, Polliwrath)

poke-lord

Could anyone suggest me a fighting team for Pearl

I'ce planned so faer: Infernape, Lucario, Machamp.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Poke-Lord: Toxicroak is a good option.
Supermariofan64: I'm currently doing a monotype rock in platinum, but i honestly think normal is a good option for it.

I've almost finished my challenge (Wanted Puptiar to evolve before the League, plus getting them all the correct movesets.) Cynthia's Pokes are about the same level as mine, so it could be tough.

;248; Tyranitar: Lvl 63 (Sand Stream)
Dragon Dance/Aqua Tail/Stone Edge/Crunch

;076; Golem: Lvl 62 (Rock Head)
Earthquake/Stone Edge/Thunderpunch/Double Edge

;142; Aerodactyl: Lvl 63 (Pressure)
Aerial Ace/Stone Edge/Dragon Claw/Roost

;411; Bastiodon: Lvl 60 (Sturdy)
Iron Head/Stone Edge/Roar/Stealth Rock

;476; Probopass: Lvl 61 (Magnet Pull)
Stone Edge/Thunder Wave/Iron Head/Ice Punch

;464; Rhyperior: Lvl 60 (Solid Rock)
Earthquake/Stone Edge/Swords Dance/Ice Punch

Last edited:

SuperMariofan64

<- Fabio Montorez
Normal would be pretty interesting, Thanks! I'll post a log of my adventures when I start (but first, I have to capture Shaymin from the wifi event long ago...)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Due to being busy and unable to reach a computer, I've fallen behind in term of updates.

Last time I posted I was in Goldenrod with 3 Badges, but now I'm back in the Radio Tower, with 7 badges.

Clefable level 37
Wigglytuff level 37
Tauros level 37
Miltank level 37
Slaking level 37
Ambipom level 37

twiggilala

fairy trainer
So, I decided to restart my Platinum game, and I think I want to do a monotype challenge. I am drawn between pretty much every type, but I think primarily I am trying to decide if I want to do ghost, dark, ice, psychic, or fire (a lot of folks seem to do bug and water)... Maye even normal, but I don't know. Anyone want to put fourth a challenge to me? I'll most likely take it.

SuperMariofan64

<- Fabio Montorez
@twiggilala: Well I recently started a Normal run which has been interesting. I would say either Normal or Fire.

Diamond's Quest- Normal's Only: Ep. 1

Alright, so I started my Normal run in Platinum today. Things have been going alright (though I only went to Jubilife today). My character's name is Diamond (Male), and my best friend/rival's name is Sponge (dunno why...it just seems to work.) I had forgotten how annoying my best friend is...who does he think he is, bumping into me everywhere and fining my 10 zillion dollars every time he beats me somewhere! Anyways here's my team so far, though it's taken a lot of grinding to get them where they are now:

;399; Chompz - Female (Simple)
Lvl 6
Bold
-Tackle
-Growl

;396; Columbus - Male (Keen Eye)
Lvl 7
Lonely
-Tackle
-Growl
-Quick Attack

Last edited:

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Twiggilala: In Platinum, The good options are Steel, Rock, and Fighting

Supermariofan64: Don't go and catch the first normal Pokemon you see. I did a Normal Mono type in Platinum (though i didn't post it) And the team was pretty damn good. The team was: Snorlax;Ambipom;Togekiss;Porygon-Z;Bibarel;Blissey. They were good. ^^

Last edited:

twiggilala

fairy trainer
I think I am going to take on the Fire Pokemon challenge, thanks to you Supermariofan64~! :]

However, I am not going to use Chimchar as my starter, because I don't want a starter Pokemon on my team this time around. I am going to catch a Growlithe off the bat (because I have FireRed to insert).

Okay! I'll update y'all on this later today. :] This challenge is exciting!

AZX612

On my own here we go
I have a question, can you catch a pokemon that WILL turn into the type we're using?

Ex. You go on a Flying Type run in X game and you get Charmander.
Ex. You go on a Steel Type run in X game and you get Piplup.

Is that allowed? If so, Im game! If not... Im game!

Status
Not open for further replies.