• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Generation Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Espeon0429

I know this thread hasn't seen much action recently, but I'm posting to tell you about my Steel mono-type on Platinum which I have just started. I have a Prinplup (called Trident), an Onix (named Scythe) and a Bronzor (known as Plata) and I just won a mammoth battle against Gardenia, in which I relied on Plata so much. I took on Turtwig with Trident and set off by spamming Peck, even after Reflect. I got Turtwig down to red health, before Gardenia healed and then I did it again, but Turtwig killed me with Grass Knot just I was about to launch the killer Peck. Plata stepped in and finished off Turtwig with Confusion. I switched to Scythe, hoping to get just one attack in against Cherrim, but Magical Leaf obviously killed him. I switched back to Plata, but frustratingly, Cherrim used Safeguard as I was using Hypnosis. -.- So, I set off spamming Extrasensory, as she spammed Grass Knot. Ultimately, I won, but only after Gardenia had healed Cherrim. I was also continually healing Plata, btw. So, on to Roserade and I started off by using Hypnosis and Confuse Ray. However, I could only get in one Extrasensory, before Roserade woke up and snapped out of confusion! Angry, I healed and put Roserade to sleep and confusion again and used two more Extrasensorys to give me a very relieved win!
My team

;394; Trident - Prinplup Lv22
Bashful Male
Pound
Metal Claw
Bubblebeam
Peck

;095; Scythe - Onix Lv22
Brave Male
Sandstorm
Rock Smash
Rock Throw
Screech

;436; Plata - Bronzor Lv23
Bold :)
Confusion
Hypnosis
Extrasensory
Confuse Ray

Well, I'll update when appropriate. I hope you enjoyed reading this!

√øL†

I'm going to do grass!

Team I hope to have eventually

Torterra
Roserade
Cherrim
Abomasnow
Leafeon
Tangrowth* or Carnivine

poke-lord

Thinking about doing a flying monotype on HG

Pidgeot
Gyrados
Butterfree
Dragonite
Crobat
Yanmega

This sound good?

or grass

Meganium
Jumpluff
Victreebel
Bellosom
Parasect
Vileplume

Last edited:

PokemonOwn

Anyway, restarted my Platinum beacause Steel was too annoying. I started a Fighting Type Mono, and this is my team:

Monferno - 15
Machop - 15

Just finished the Oreburgh Gym. Team is in the signature.

poke-lord

Just started on HG with Grass

Got to Mr Pokemon''s House and saved

:252:

Gryghaim

InfernalBlaze
I'm currently in a steel monotype on Platinum
My team:
Empoleon (Harrison)
Skarmory (Swordwing)
Bronzong (Artefact)
Scizor (Heroine)
Magnezone (Orbin)
I've defeated Crasher Wake and Cyrus and now I'm training for Byron.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Status
Not open for further replies.