• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5.9 Earthquake on East Coast of America

havoc37

Banned
So an earthquake just hit the East Coast of the United States of America. Any Americans here feel it? Please keep all discussions and news articles regarding the earthquake and the damage it has caused here.

http://i54.*******.com/9vbe9y.jpg

Last edited:
There's a lot of discussion going on about it over at the General Chat Thread. Putting stuff I said about it here:

Yeah, it was 5.8 scale earthquake in Virginia. I live in MD so I definitely felt it, but my friends in Cleveland, OH were saying they felt it too.
Also, in Canada? But I'm not sure if that's true.

I'm pretty sure everyone is all right. There haven't been any injuries or deaths reported. It's just a big deal for east coasters because earthquakes are incredibly rare in the area. It was also the largest on the east coast since 1897.

There was apparently an earthquake in Colorado this morning as well. Interesting. I didn't actually realize that one happened until recently.

I heard that they evacuated the White House, just to be on the safe side, but the earthquake itself caused very minimal damage. It was just startling.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I live here in MD as well. Felt it too. It startled me since, of course, i wasnt expecting it. This was the first Earthquake I have ever felt. Not a good feeling lol

It felt like I was on a waterbed so I can't really complain.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I live in MD, so I felt it. Right after I beat Dialga in PMD Explorers of Time. At first, I thought Dialga was angry at me for beating him. I think it felt awesome.

CLINTv2

*Insert title here*
I heard the rumbling when it hit OH, my brother comes home from school and is like "Earthquake during psychology! My teacher went nuts!"

I live in MD, so I felt it. Right after I beat Dialga in PMD Explorers of Time. At first, I thought Dialga was angry at me for beating him. I think it felt awesome.

The pure epicness of the situation = awesome!

Hmm. I must've missed out on some fun considering I live in southern Illinois.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I felt it rather strongly. At first I thought my dad had fell or something, but then the rumbling went on for several seconds and the chair I was in was shaking funny. First earthquake I ever felt, quite interesting for Virginia.

The curio in our living room also moved a few inches, but other than that, nothing else happened.

Last edited:

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
Instead of being frightened, hardcore East Coast people got excited instead... Are we now mocking Mother Nature? Ouch.

That's the truth, truth. East coast FTW! We rarely get earthquakes, and when we do, they just pump us up.

Nakita

I felt it while at work and the power got knocked out. There were so many unreasonably angry customers.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I'm glad I was at my fiancee's parents' house. My fiancee, dad, and I live 20 minutes from the epicenter. It was quite startling. I'm just glad there weren't any serious casualties (so far).

EDIT: My fiancee's parents aren't much further away, so I felt it. My fiancee's father was extremely excited. Spent ten minutes going on about how awesome it was. I got bonked by a small box >.>

ManhattanTheStarr

Never experienced an earthquake. Didn't get to experience this one, either. =/
But I should watch what I wish for, before a huge quake hits Georgia or something... :x

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I live out in the West, so I wouldn't have felt it (unless Colorado's earthquake was just as big, but I haven't felt anything if it was). But hey, it's 6.0, that's not too bad, honestly. If it was any worse, I'd feel more concerned, but I'm just thinking how there are a lot of earthquakes lately, and that it's rather incredible. Earthquakes fascinate me a little bit, almost like the earth is trying to tell us something.

I have a classmate from Virginia, I'd have to ask him how his family is doing.

abraxas

Words.
Being all the way in the bottom corner of NC, right at the coast, we felt it here, and while most were more excited about the event, there were some absolutely confused by it. I'm sure my grandmother freaked out and hid in her bedroom closet, as she does for any natural disturbance.
That said, I must be the only person in NC that didn't feel a thing. I suppose my office chair is just shock resistant. =\

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
When I was in Croatia two years ago I felt a slight rumbling (this was REALLY far from the epicentre, which was nearer to the capital of Zagreb) in the ground from outside my apartment, and all it did was cause the clock on the wall to fall off and piss off a few ice cream customers outside who just bought a double cone. I know that because I was just about to lick my cherry-hazelnut combo, and the woman serving me wouldn't provide a replacement because it wasn't the restaurant's fault. :[

There hasn't been any deaths or destruction though, has there? Being the uncaring, shallow person that I am, I don't want the Rocket vs. Plasma episodes to be postponed even further!

Aquanova

I was there in Virginia. There was alot of shaking but that was it. It must have caught alot of people off guard. I was really freaked out cause I didnt know what was happening at first but it didnt take long to figure it out. Not sure where exactly the epicenter was. I was shaken, but thats about it. No damage or anything.