• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

50 episodes mark, which series was the best?

Which was the best series after around 50 episodes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Anyday XY was better than BW, not hating BW but it was poorly written right from the start and 2 banne episodes made it even worse. Shocked to see XY so ahead it got better afterwars. I probably would say DP.

Navin

MALDREAD
Honestly XY S1 is very underrated (just rewatched it recently) though Kanto should definitively be first (so I guess XY S1 is being overrates on this specific thread lol).

The first ten XY episodes were great. But after that, there were a lot of just decent/unmemorable episodes till XY050. Korrina's arc took too long. Serena was just a wallflower at that point and needed the attention.

Anyday XY was better than BW, not hating BW but it was poorly written right from the start and 2 banne episodes made it even worse. Shocked to see XY so ahead it got better afterwars. I probably would say DP.

BW S1 wasn't that bad, especially if they didn't nerf Ash as much.

Genaller

Silver Soul
The first ten XY episodes were great. But after that, there were a lot of just decent/unmemorable episodes till XY050. Korrina's arc took too long. Serena was just a wallflower at that point and needed the attention.
I would cite XY 11-16 as the poor string of episodes though XY 17 (Sanpei intro) onwards it picks up again. Not gonna lie; the Korrina was flipping amazing and I don’t really care if they sideline the MCs if they can give us a good story. Serena’s first focus episode after XY 7 was XY 21 which yeah was a bit too long (they should have given her a focus episode somewhere in XY 11-16). Yeah there were some stupid episodes (faux Ash) but they were honestly few and far between for the most part. Also DP had boring episodes as well (e.g. eternal honey plot).

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
If referring to a series as boring is a "hateboner" by your standard than so is what you just posted so maybe keep your hypocrisy to yourself thanks

The hidden rule to forums is you're allowed to insult any series and their fans can peacefully ignore it but you say anything about XY that isn't raving views and 10000x are on you.

Which is still way more fun of 41 episodes of hardly anything interesting happening in SM until the Kanto visits and Nebby showing up. SM is great now, but it only recently became that when it was a snorefest for a lot of people outside of here beforehand outside of the Litten/Stoutland episode. You know the one.

Keep your XY hateboner to yourself, thanks.
Hala's and Olivia's battles beat Ash's first two gym battles in my opinion. SM had plenty of good episodes such as the introduction of Gladion, Lynconroc evolving, Lillie bonding with Snowball, when the gang switched Pokémon and Lillie learned to touch Pikachu. There's been plently of interesting episodes. Idk what you're taking about.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

BW S1 wasn't that bad, especially if they didn't nerf Ash as much.

That's the problem when you screw your main MC it always is going to get derailed. But yeah BW first season was pretty good. BW as a whole was pretty good if you take out ash focused gym battles and league out.

The hidden rule to forums is you're allowed to insult any series and their fans can peacefully ignore it but you say anything about XY that isn't raving views and 10000x are on you.

Hala's and Olivia's battles beat Ash's first two gym battles in my opinion. SM had plenty of good episodes such as the introduction of Gladion, Lynconroc evolving, Lillie bonding with Snowball, when the gang switched Pokémon and Lillie learned to touch Pikachu. There's been plently of interesting episodes. Idk what you're taking about.

Hahahahahahahaha

This is so moronic and ironic at the same time. The constant XY/XYZ bashing gets tiring and the other guy snapped. I'm not gonna even bother to comment more on this.

FYI, it's the other way around, but it's not like a person like you would care anyway

That's the problem when you screw your main MC it always is going to get derailed. But yeah BW first season was pretty good. BW as a whole was pretty good if you take out ash focused gym battles and league out.

I loved the Korrina arc imo. Really good sub arc. Yeah, Serena should have gotten more development during that period, but XY/XYZ was significantly shorter than other regions and it was bad managment by writers

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Toss up between OS and SM, perhaps with an edge to OS for me.

In both series I cared about all the characters at this point which is what I primarily watch for.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Hahahahahahahaha

This is so moronic and ironic at the same time. The constant XY/XYZ bashing gets tiring and the other guy snapped. I'm not gonna even bother to comment more on this.

FYI, it's the other way around, but it's not like a person like you would care anyway
Don't people usually snap when something emotionally is going on in their life that's constantly bothering them causing them pain/extreme annoyment? If you can't take critism/other people's opinions on your "favorite" show and its causing you emotional distress maybe you shouldn't be watching children shows. At the end of the day she (assuming she is a she) was barely bashing it and expressing her opinions. Which the thread ask for. I don't know why you need constant validation from other people on how good your favorite saga is but it's kinda sad.

EDIT: If you payed attention someone implied basically that SM was boring and needed to "step it's game up" (bashing as you call it) so she gave her opinion.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I really liked the BW beginning episodes, same with DP as well as SM. Even though I chose Alola, I should've went with DP. Kalos was ehh... I mainly liked the Ash and Clemont relationship before it along with Clemont's usefulness disappeared. I think the others would be pretty boring to sit through... ^^;

I agree with PokegirlFan's ranking!! :)

DatsRight

I really liked the BW beginning episodes, same with DP as well as SM. Even though I chose Alola, I should've went with DP. Kalos was ehh... I mainly liked the Ash and Clemont relationship before it along with Clemont's usefulness disappeared. I think the others would be pretty boring to sit through... ^^;

I agree with PokegirlFan's ranking!! :)

I think early XY worked better because Clemont was in more focus, and his goofy personality and abilities added a bit more colour to the dynamic. He could bring out comical or snarky reactions from Ash and Serena, he could have creative, eventful face offs with Team Rocket due to their competing tech skills (and buffoonish personalities), as well as that, despite being a decent battler, he had other utilities through his inventing and tech to make his contributions more unique and feel like his character was driving things along a bit more.

When Clemont was pushed into the background to make Serena the supporting protagonist, things seemed to dumb down a good bit, since Serena didn't have many quirks or skills that bounced off of the dynamic or gave it a new drive like Clemont did. She got her development at last, but it was mostly solitary or between her Pokemon, while Clemont, despite minimal development, added fun to the plot.

This is probably the same reason Misty and Brock's underplaying made the later parts of the OS less memorable. People forget characters are important not just for their personalities stand alone but what they add to the whole dynamic.

Last edited:

satopi

I think early XY worked better because Clemont was in more focus, and his goofy personality and abilities added a bit more colour to the dynamic. He could bring out comical or snarky reactions from Ash and Serena, he could have creative, eventful face offs with Team Rocket due to their competing tech skills (and buffoonish personalities), as well as that, despite being a decent battler, he had other utilities through his inventing and tech to make his contributions more unique and feel like his character was driving things along a bit more.

When Clemont was pushed into the background to make Serena the supporting protagonist, things seemed to dumb down a good bit, since Serena didn't have many quirks or skills that bounced off of the dynamic or gave it a new drive like Clemont did. She got her development at last, but it was mostly solitary or between her Pokemon, while Clemont, despite minimal development, added fun to the plot.

This is probably the same reason Misty and Brock's underplaying made the later parts of the OS less memorable. People forget characters are important not just for their personalities stand alone but what they add to the whole dynamic.
Exactly! Like I said, their relationship in the beginning was appealing just as when people was curious about how Serena "knew" Ash from way back when (which turned out to be a 5 minute encounter) but once Clemont lost to Ash at the Lumiose Gym, everything went downhill for him. Even his character episodes were focused on his Pokémon rather than himself and he went back to being the same old character despite wanting to be more like Ash.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Best comedy series -> OS

Best action series -> XY and XYZ

I always wondered, why did the writers and fans treat XYZ like it's a separate series? Even Netflix did and made XYZ episodes completely separate from XY. Are they not the same saga or?

Xuxuba

I always wondered, why did the writers and fans treat XYZ like it's a separate series? Even Netflix did and made XYZ episodes completely separate from XY. Are they not the same saga or?

Probably because the focus changed a lot. XY's focus was the gym badge quest and the introduction of mega evolutions while XYZ's focus was the Team Flare arc and Greninja's bond phenomenon.
You can treat it as just one series though.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
First 50 episodes:
DP > SM > AG > BW > XY > Kanto > Johto

Best Series/Seasons (Overall):
DP > AG > XYZ > XY > BW > Kanto > BWS2 > Johto
Why didn't I put SM in? Because SM hasn't ended yet,

Last edited:
DP, shortly followed by AG. The pacing was perfect, unlike BW's or SM's so far.

satopi

Probably because the focus changed a lot. XY's focus was the gym badge quest and the introduction of mega evolutions while XYZ's focus was the Team Flare arc and Greninja's bond phenomenon.
You can treat it as just one series though.
No you can't. XY&Z is just the latter half of XY just like Battle Frontier and BW Season 2/DA are the latter halves of AG and BW respectively. XY&Z barely lasted a year and can't be treated as its own series when Ash didn't finish his badge quest in XY, Alan was still collecting Mega Evolution data and helping out Team Flare before the crisis began, the league near the end of XY&Z, and everyone's roles were upgraded to be more relevant. Aside from the bond phenomenon, stuff like the Team Flare arc didn't happen until way later, near the end of the saga.

I do agree that they probably separated them because of the change in focus but you can't say you can treat XY&Z as it's own series, like nothing in the previous (XY) episodes mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.