• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

50 episodes mark, which series was the best?

Which was the best series after around 50 episodes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Which series, according to you, was going best after around 50 episodes?

You can also rank them by way of posting.

Genaller

Silver Soul

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
DP>AG>XY>BW>OS>SM

I know SM didn't reach 50 episodes as of now but I have gotten to consider it the worst for now.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Considering everything up until episode 50:

DP>AG>=XY=SM>BW>Kanto>Johto

SM sits together with XY on the same seat, but XY got significant better after the 50th episode so SM needs to step up the game.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Consudering everything up until episode 50:

DP>AG>=XY=SM>BW>Kanto>Johto

SM sits together with XY on the same seat, but XY got significant better after the 50th episode so SM needs to step up the game.

And it's stepping up way before the 50th episode, unlike XY which had way more boring Team Rocket fillers and a long stretch of episodes of Serena doing hardly anything of significance.

Kaye Cruiser

And it's stepping up way before the 50th episode, unlike XY which had way more boring Team Rocket fillers and a long stretch of episodes of Serena doing hardly anything of significance.

Which is still way more fun of 41 episodes of hardly anything interesting happening in SM until the Kanto visits and Nebby showing up. SM is great now, but it only recently became that when it was a snorefest for a lot of people outside of here beforehand outside of the Litten/Stoutland episode. You know the one.

Keep your XY hateboner to yourself, thanks.

Rajas

By episode 50 of SM, it's gonna get really good based on the title. So for me its XY>/= SM>DP>OS/OI>AG>BW>JL

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
DP will never be dethroned. Best rival, best companions, best TRio episodes, farewells that were actually emotional unlike XY's forced release of Goodra and Greninja.... Cacnea and Dustox leaving always makes me cry.
DP>AG>OS>SM>XY>BW

Genaller

Silver Soul
Why is XY ranked so highly? The series got better after episode 50.

OS (Kanto) > DP > XY = AG = SM > BW

Honestly XY S1 is very underrated (just rewatched it recently) though Kanto should definitively be first (so I guess XY S1 is being overrates on this specific thread lol).

Last edited:

DatsRight

S1 XY did have more character balance, Ash and Serena had their goofier qualities spotlighted more, Clemont was more active, the Pokemon were un-evolved and still had fun personalities, and Team Rocket were still in their DA! compromise of goofy but semi-fearsome. As things got closer to XYZ, the balance faded dramatically in favour of hyping the big arcs.

I'm still desperately hoping SM doesn't go the same way.

It feels like every series they have a better balance at the start, then they start to run dry because they want the twerps to look more 'developed' and competent so can't make them too flawed and goofy anymore, most of the loveable main Pokemon evolve into killjoy badasses with barely any personality, the Team Rocket plots get more uncreative and monotonous (especially because they're always completely one sided by that point), and the fillers get more unmemorable and dull because all focus is on the big arcs. It's for the sake of some development and good a lot of time, but it always ends up pretty imbalanced.

Last edited:

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
All the series felt really slow near the beginning, except for OS. I'll still say DP had the most interesting first 50 episodes since that's around when major plot points started to appear.

Which is still way more fun of 41 episodes of hardly anything interesting happening in SM until the Kanto visits and Nebby showing up. SM is great now, but it only recently became that when it was a snorefest for a lot of people outside of here beforehand outside of the Litten/Stoutland episode. You know the one.

Keep your XY hateboner to yourself, thanks.

If referring to a series as boring is a "hateboner" by your standard than so is what you just posted so maybe keep your hypocrisy to yourself thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.