• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Art

Rukaria

onechance.
Last edited:

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
I have to say, I'm astounded. I don't know what the reference material looks like but regardless, they are still very beautiful.
I'd C&C you but I'd end up making a fool out of myself, because I know nothing about art. I just wanted to drop by and let you know they look darn good.
About how long did each one take? My favorite has to be the blue one. (Yeah, don't know it's name. I think it was on your DA but I CBA to look it up again)

Rukaria

onechance.
I have to say, I'm astounded. I don't know what the reference material looks like but regardless, they are still very beautiful.
I'd C&C you but I'd end up making a fool out of myself, because I know nothing about art. I just wanted to drop by and let you know they look darn good.
About how long did each one take? My favorite has to be the blue one. (Yeah, don't know it's name. I think it was on your DA but I CBA to look it up again)

Thankyou very much c:

Top row (Reparudasu, Kojondo)= 2-3 hours
Second row (Mijumaru, Tsutaja) = Around 45mins
Third row (Chillarmy, sketches, Rankurusu)= (left=1hour), (middle=5-10mins each), (right=1hour)
Fourth row (Zoroark, Reshiram)= (left=3.5hours), (right=5-6hours)

Olly

Amazing! Haha, I wish I had the tools to draw and color like that whenI was 15. XD
I know Adobe somewhats. Just figured out how to cell shade good. Haha.
But now I am thinking of switching to CS5. I hear its easier?
But hrm

Rukaria

onechance.
Almost been two months since I posted, but I'd rather not post a new art thread since this is till fairly recent...

Amazing! Haha, I wish I had the tools to draw and color like that whenI was 15. XD
I know Adobe somewhats. Just figured out how to cell shade good. Haha.
But now I am thinking of switching to CS5. I hear its easier?
But hrm
One of my teachers gave me Photoshop at my school, so I was kind of lucky in that respect xD I don't have CS5 yet, so I wouldn't know~

Um...so...HOLY COW!!!! These are beautiful!!!!
Thankyou :D

I haven't drawn much pokemon stuff recently, but I've got several other things.

POKEMON:

MISC:

FLELE:

I have to say all of your work is outstanding to say the least, the attention to detail is mindblowing and the shading- wow. I also love your use of light =]

I'm trying to start digital drawing myself, I was wondering if you had any tips? :3

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
I love your shading style, but if you don't mind me asking how do you get such crisp and clean line-art on your images? Atm, i'm just doing it freehand with a pen tool and tablet.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I love your arts, I especially love that Reshiram one, it's awesome!

Whimsy

You = better at 15 than I will ever be. O___O;;

I wish I knew how to make digital art!! Do you use other mediums, too? Just wondering if you're an all-around artist or if you're quite specialized. :)

Psychic

Really and truly
Ahhh I've been putting it off for so long, but I really wanted to say that I love your artwork. The posing and shading of the characters really makes them lively, especially some of those eyes. I really like your animé-style for humans as well; they don't look like typical animé faces, and I love that especially in the character from Vocaloid. It brings out your own personal style very nicely. I also really like your cityscapes and backdrops; they give a real impression of a wild, sprawling city that looks chaotic from the outside, but that probably has some sort of intrinsic order to it that only made sense to the architects ages ago.

Oh, and your Pokémon fanart. XD That was what drew me to your art initially, but a lot of your work has really caught my eye. ^^ I really like your Reparudasu and Kojondo (aside from the fact that I generally like their designs), especially the relaxed pose the latter is in that gives it the impression of a feline, and I love the whiskers and tail almost floating in the breeze. Your Tsutarja/Snivy is definitely my favourite, though. I know it was only a speedpaint, but I loooove how it turned out! Once again, it's the dynamic pose, the shading and the eye that really do it for me. Interesting choice making the yellow shoulder things seem flat - it confuses me a little because I'm not sure if they're thick and taper off or they're supposed to be more like leaves (thinking about it, that does make sense, though).

Anyway, it's really great artwork, and I hope you keep it up!
Though out of curiosity...it's make-your-display=picture-a-Pokémon month on Facebook, and I was wondering if I could perhaps use your Snivy picture for mine, with credit and a link to your DA page at the bottom? It would be veeery awesome. ;;

~Psychic

Zozo1999

has left Serebii
Wow. That's AWESOME! Are you taking requests?

Rukaria

onechance.
I have to say all of your work is outstanding to say the least, the attention to detail is mindblowing and the shading- wow. I also love your use of light =]

I'm trying to start digital drawing myself, I was wondering if you had any tips? :3
Thankyou very much > w <

I'd suggest trying out all the brushes and just experimenting with how they work. You could try looking up tutorials if you're going for a particular style, but I found it best to go with brushes I like using. For example, I use very soft and transparent brushes because they feel nice to use. They also allow for a bit of error, whereas with sharp brushes, you need to be more precise with you brushstrokes.
Basically, just familiarize yourself with the program c;

I love your shading style, but if you don't mind me asking how do you get such crisp and clean line-art on your images? Atm, i'm just doing it freehand with a pen tool and tablet.
I used to have the same problem too xD I use the brush tool and put pen pressure on. I draw the lineart by going over the same line several time to build up thickness. It can take a bit longer, but you can get your lines to look exactly how you want them.
Drawing at a large size also helps for neatness.

I agree, those pictures are neat.
Thankyou :]

I love your arts, I especially love that Reshiram one, it's awesome!
Thankyou~ Hopefully I'll have the time these summer holidays to draw another wallpaper |D They take much longer to draw, but it's worth it~

You = better at 15 than I will ever be. O___O;;

I wish I knew how to make digital art!! Do you use other mediums, too? Just wondering if you're an all-around artist or if you're quite specialized. :)
Thanks xD

I use a lot of mediums for drawing, but I generally prefer digital, as I barely ever plan out what I'm going to draw beforehand. Digital lets you edit things as you go, which proves rather useful for me.
I also use copic markers, pastels, watercolour, paint(oils and acrylic), clay, colour pencils, etc.
I also occasionally sew (cosplay and plushies).
It's nice to swap things around every now and then c;

Ahhh I've been putting it off for so long, but I really wanted to say that I love your artwork. The posing and shading of the characters really makes them lively, especially some of those eyes. I really like your animé-style for humans as well; they don't look like typical animé faces, and I love that especially in the character from Vocaloid. It brings out your own personal style very nicely. I also really like your cityscapes and backdrops; they give a real impression of a wild, sprawling city that looks chaotic from the outside, but that probably has some sort of intrinsic order to it that only made sense to the architects ages ago.

Oh, and your Pokémon fanart. XD That was what drew me to your art initially, but a lot of your work has really caught my eye. ^^ I really like your Reparudasu and Kojondo (aside from the fact that I generally like their designs), especially the relaxed pose the latter is in that gives it the impression of a feline, and I love the whiskers and tail almost floating in the breeze. Your Tsutarja/Snivy is definitely my favourite, though. I know it was only a speedpaint, but I loooove how it turned out! Once again, it's the dynamic pose, the shading and the eye that really do it for me. Interesting choice making the yellow shoulder things seem flat - it confuses me a little because I'm not sure if they're thick and taper off or they're supposed to be more like leaves (thinking about it, that does make sense, though).

Anyway, it's really great artwork, and I hope you keep it up!
Though out of curiosity...it's make-your-display=picture-a-Pokémon month on Facebook, and I was wondering if I could perhaps use your Snivy picture for mine, with credit and a link to your DA page at the bottom? It would be veeery awesome. ;;

~Psychic
Thankyou very much xD I'm trying to develop a semi-realistic style, but I'm not too sure where that's going. I want to try and develop a style which I can combine with realistic backgrounds, which is kind of a pain because of my current colouring methods.

I adore their designs as well. I love painting on curves, so feline-like pokemon are at the top of my list. Regarding the yellow parts on Snivy, I'm not sure either, but I assumed they were flat at a first glance. I saw they almost as ribbon-like with wire. Looking at the plushies they've made, they now look more like bananas to me xD

Of course you can. My apologies for not replying to this sooner;;;

Good work!
Thanks~

Wow. That's AWESOME! Are you taking requests?
Sorry, I don't have the time for them anymore c:

Gonna try and draw something pokemon related now~