• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Breeding/Egg Moves FAQ & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
So I looked it up and found out that Emolga can learn Iron tail though breeding and also shock wave.
My question is when I breed my Mareep with Blitze then Emolga will I get get Iron Tail if not how?

srullic

Hi need advice please..... I breed pokes but continuously get 3 31 iv stats..... I Would like to pick up at least 4 31 iv stats...... I have the poke F with the nature id like and a few 31 ivs hold a EVERSTONE ... Then i have the poke that I mate it with hold a belt to garantee the perfect stat in that one and hope it passes the others to....... My Goal is at least 4 31 iv stats - BR4VE SHOULD I JUST KEEP Hatching and hope I finally get the 4th iv stat?

A hatched pokemon can only inherit 3 IVs from either of its parents. with BW2's breeding mechanics and with the right parents and items the chance of a hatched pokemon inheriting 3 perfect IVs and getting another perfect IV is... 0.9085%. That's pretty low.

Last edited:
So I looked it up and found out that Emolga can learn Iron tail though breeding and also shock wave.
My question is when I breed my Mareep with Blitze then Emolga will I get get Iron Tail if not how?

Iron tail is a move tutor attack so you don't need to get it as an egg move. Emolga learns shock wave through level so you don't need this as an egg

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Iron tail is a move tutor attack so you don't need to get it as an egg move. Emolga learns shock wave through level so you don't need this as an egg

Thanks where is the move tutor?

BugCatcher6

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
If you are using Move Tutors it is White 2 and Black 2.

The Move Tutors in B/W are only for Pledge Moves, Final EVO starters, Draco Meteor, Sacred Sword, and Relic Song.

Damn guess i'll have to breed a Emolga with it then.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
So, Im not sure if this is a discrepancy in the Serebii dex or not, but Im trying to figure out how to get Fake Out AND Bullet Punch onto a Croagunk- Hitmonchan seems like its the ticket, since Tyrogue learns Fakeout and Hitmonchan has Bullet Punch- BUT Chan isnt listed as passing down Fake Out. Just wanted to clearify that will work before I start working on a Chan to pass this stuff down.

Dangertrout

So, Im not sure if this is a discrepancy in the Serebii dex or not, but Im trying to figure out how to get Fake Out AND Bullet Punch onto a Croagunk- Hitmonchan seems like its the ticket, since Tyrogue learns Fakeout and Hitmonchan has Bullet Punch- BUT Chan isnt listed as passing down Fake Out. Just wanted to clearify that will work before I start working on a Chan to pass this stuff down.

Yeah, that should work. The database isn't perfect, it can't tell that a pokemon can learn a move at a different evolution stage.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Yeah, that should work. The database isn't perfect, it can't tell that a pokemon can learn a move at a different evolution stage.

Thanks for the confirmation. I havent encountered this issue before with the dex so I was unsure.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
What egg moves can Absol inherit?

Ronson_14

I have a question: can I find a wild Ditto in the game? Because I'd like to put my Servine (once she evolves to Serperior) and a Ditto in the breeding center to see if I can get another Snivy (it's not that I dislike Serperior or something).

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have a question: can I find a wild Ditto in the game? Because I'd like to put my Servine (once she evolves to Serperior) and a Ditto in the breeding center to see if I can get another Snivy (it's not that I dislike Serperior or something).

Ditto can be caught in Giant Chasm (in the crater forest maze area).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.