• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Breeding/Egg Moves FAQ & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafiazizul

Dream World Addict
Okay, my wrong again.

I just bread egg move for starvia with Tokekiss, and I get child with DW ability.

So it is only not work with Ditto.

owh~ thats why my musharna telepathy cannot been pass to my munna when i try to breed with ditto~ thanks~

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
I'm working on breeding a Trick Room Slowpoke 31/x/31/31/31/0 (or as close as I can get since RNG is still not thoroughly understood) w/ its DW ability. It is taking me forever since I can't use ditto to help much in the process. I'm using power items to keep the good stats I have so far and breed better parents but does anyone have suggestions that might make this a less painful process?

EDIT: Just hatched one; Sassy, Regenerate, 31/x/31/31/31/12. I'd really prefer relaxed and 0 speed but Sassy and only 12 is still good and I am not sure I can get much better. Still, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

R_N

That doesn't sound right, to have an Egg Move that can only begin in the previous generation.

I would say that gives an advantage to those with the 4th-generation games, but then I realized the advantage is already there without Egg Moves.

Eh, it's not too surprising. Chances are they'll add in Dark Pulse properly in a later game.

They also did the same with Self-Destruct Munchlax and Extreme Speed Dratini

Oddly, they got rid of Head Smash Nosepass. Wonder why they even added that in to HGSS if it was impossible to get.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I wasn't even aware that it was impossible to get, since there isn't much point in putting physical attacks on Nosepass or Probopass anyway.

I do remember running into a wall with something in the Silver version, though I don't remember what. I believe it was Heal Bell on Chansey.

wafiazizul

Dream World Addict
quick question~ can i hatched the egg faster if i put 5 magma armor ability in my team with one egg? or it just the same with only one magma armor in the team?

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
Five is no better than one unless they changed it this generation.

PKMNseb

So there is no way to check the nature of your egg in Pokemon Black & White anymore.

Unless someone has found a new way to do it...

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
That's just unnecessary extra coding.

I daresay they assume people are able to keep track of the two Pokemon they put into daycare.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
ok, Just to be sure, is it possible (Other than Transfering a Pikachu with one), is it possible for a Pichu to inherit shock wave?

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
(Deleted due to double post)

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
No, it looks like Shock Wave is listed under the "Generation IV Only" section for Pichu's entry.

MSK

Hi there can anyone help??

Trying to breed my Gantoru with my Goruugu so that I can get Heavy Bomber as an Egg move onto a Gigalith. However when the 2 are in daycare the man says the 2 don't get along but surely they should be able to breed as it says they are the same egg group etc.
Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks

rocky505

Are they opposite genders?

EDIT: The reason is because Goruggo is a genderless pokemon so it can't breed with anything but Ditto.

Last edited:

MSK

Ok that's a pain, how do I get the move onto my Gigalith then, bcos all the sites including Serebii say that Heavy Bomber can be obtained as an egg move by breeding with goruugo. But if it can't breed with them then how is that possible???

MSK

Does Graveller evolve when you put it through the Pokeshifter?
Otherwise I can't get a Golem :(

tencoth

traveler
I have a question, I am not sure if it has been asked or not. I want a combusken with the ability speed boost, and from what I read, I already have to have one with that ability AND it has to be female, is there any other way(besides an AR) to get the speed boost ability? same thing with snivy and it's dream world ability.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Nope, if you want to breed down Dream World abilities, the female Pokémon needs to have that ability. That's why female Dream World Pokémon, of every sort, are in such high demand, and why Game Freak designed some of these event Pokémon to never be female.

Status
Not open for further replies.