• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Breeding/Egg Moves FAQ & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weegee

Zigzagoon Trainer
Nope, if you want to breed down Dream World abilities, the female Pokémon needs to have that ability. That's why female Dream World Pokémon, of every sort, are in such high demand, and why Game Freak designed some of these event Pokémon to never be female.

Do you happen to know which event pokemon are incapable of being female?

Ju-da-su

Do you happen to know which event pokemon are incapable of being female?

None of them are female...All DW event pokes are male...:p

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
A more general answer would be "As Game Freak feels fit." There may be female Dream World event Pokémon in the future, but so far, there haven't been any.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Is the only way to teach Zuruggu Ice Punch through Sketch?

Are there any wild pokemon who use ice punch?

If you have the Shards or BP (depending on your version), you can teach the father Ice Punch in a 4th Gen game. What moveset were you hoping to give Zuruggu?

If you're looking to cover your Flying weakness, I honestly think Thunderpunch is a better option just because it's easier.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I just did a bit of poking around into Egg Moves, and I notice Sawsbuck doesn't get Seed Bomb, despite Simisage being in the same Egg Group as it! I mean. come on, Game Freak!

slowpoke child

<--i haz >=D
is it possible to get an earthpower/darkpulse monozu?

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I just did a bit of poking around into Egg Moves, and I notice Sawsbuck doesn't get Seed Bomb, despite Simisage being in the same Egg Group as it! I mean. come on, Game Freak!
Seeing as Sawsbuck has Wood Horn, which is only 5 BP less and recovers half the damage recovered, Seed Bomb would be redundant anyway.

Ju-da-su

is it possible to get an earthpower/darkpulse monozu?

If you're looking for either Earth Power or Dark Pulse Monozu, meaning they have one of the two moves, then yes. If you're talking about Monozu with BOTH Earth Power and Dark Pulse, then no, there's no way of getting it legally as far as I know. :S

slowpoke child

<--i haz >=D
If you're looking for either Earth Power or Dark Pulse Monozu, meaning they have one of the two moves, then yes. If you're talking about Monozu with BOTH Earth Power and Dark Pulse, then no, there's no way of getting it legally as far as I know. :S

aight thank u =] i was thinkin about havin both on one monozu . is aight tho. i can use level ground

Kaphotics

BATTLE RNG
DW Ability Passing is 40% chance of working if the Female has the ability legitimately, with a male (not ditto).

Everstone has a 50% chance of working still. It does not change the PID or the PID pattern (rng).

IVs: 3 IVs, random. There's no restriction like the old HP / Defense lockouts. Every IV has an equal chance of inheriting for each of the 3.

Kur0nue

Round-a-Bound

No. You can take male Medicham to the move relearner and have it learn Ice Punch, then breed it with female Buneary. Breed a resulting male Buneary-with-egg-move-Ice-Punch-offspring to a female Zuruggu. Voila.

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
When i get B/W i wanna get a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse, Ice Fang, Fire fang and Thunder Fang... how do i do this????

Do i get an arbok with ice fang, Fire fang and thunder fang to breed with Hydreigon and then get the Deino and evolve it and breed it with what????

Ju-da-su

When i get B/W i wanna get a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse, Ice Fang, Fire fang and Thunder Fang... how do i do this????

Do i get an arbok with ice fang, Fire fang and thunder fang to breed with Hydreigon and then get the Deino and evolve it and breed it with what????

Male Arbok with Dark Pulse (just put the TM on Arbok in Gen 4 before you shift that guy over...you can't find wild Ekans/Arbok in BW, so you'll need to shift one over to breed, anyway...-.-") and all the fang moves bred with Female Deino, Zweilos or Hydreigon...That should give you the Deino with Dark Pulse + All fang moves... ._."

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
Male Arbok with Dark Pulse (just put the TM on Arbok in Gen 4 before you shift that guy over...you can't find wild Ekans/Arbok in BW, so you'll need to shift one over to breed, anyway...-.-") and all the fang moves bred with Female Deino, Zweilos or Hydreigon...That should give you the Deino with Dark Pulse + All fang moves... ._."

thankyou :)

Grei

not the color

Are there any wild pokemon who use ice punch?

?

Since when can Scraggy learn Sketch?

Or... do you mean it's only breedable onto Scraggy via a Smeargle who knows Ice Punch?

Either way, Scraggy can get Ice Punch through Sneasel, Delibird, Buneary, and Cubchoo, says Bulbapedia.

jaxkk//

Out of interest, can anyone tell me the best places to spam for EV's in black and white? Like Speed in Digletts Cave in HGSS for example? And is it still possible to get the Pokerus, and does it transfer over from HGSS/DPPt in the Shifter? (please say yes..getting PkRus was a nightmare for me) Thanks :)

Ju-da-su

Out of interest, can anyone tell me the best places to spam for EV's in black and white? Like Speed in Digletts Cave in HGSS for example? And is it still possible to get the Pokerus, and does it transfer over from HGSS/DPPt in the Shifter? (please say yes..getting PkRus was a nightmare for me) Thanks :)

...Serebii has all the EV training ground in BW though. Just check the EV section on the site. .-.

And yep, if you shift pokemon with PKRS from HGSS, the PKRS stays. So, you can actually transfer it over...from what I heard, at least (since I've never shifted one over myself. I got PKRS freshly in BW myself... .-. )

undrhil

Pokémon Game Addict
Question: does a breeding pair still pass on moves that both Pokemon know even if it's not a TM move or an egg move?

So, if I have a male and female Golem, both with Metronome (from 3rd gen move tutor) will the hatched Geodudes have Metronome?

Status
Not open for further replies.