• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Breeding/Egg Moves FAQ & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrutt

Obviously with egg moves, but if they're only passed on by the father, I'm not sure how to get both on the same timburr

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I think you need to teach a Hitmonchan Drain Punch via TM and then get Mach Punch at level 16. Although I'm not sure if he can pass both moves, usually as long as a Pokémon can get the egg move it doesn't matter who the father is.

carrutt

Okay, but you have to grandfather it in from gen 4. It doesn't work otherwise. Tricky

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Okay.. I've been using a male Mienshao with Regenerator and Everstone for Breeding.. But only 1/5 Mienfoos so far have Inner Focus. :(

Edit: 1/7 now.
Abilities are pretty much 50-50. As far as normal abilities go anyway. I'm still not sure how the Dream World ability breeding goes.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
That's luck I guess. You wouldn't believe how many times I tried breeding for one male Dwebble even though they're supposed to be 50% male.

PokeBrian

First Gen
I was breeding Oshawotts and I got 20 males before I got the requested female Oshawott. I now have a box full of Oshawotts just waiting to get shipped off.
I am curious about Natures/Abilities though. I was breeding an egg-move shellder for easy battle subway and found myself with the right nature (everstone'd) but the wrong ability. I can't find which one gets passed over, the nature has 50% chance with everstone but the ability is random (Technically 50%?)?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
^Well starters are usually only 25% female. Still, even for a 1-in-4 ratio, you have to question the results. Oh well. Randomness is random I guess.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
Finally completed my Quest of a Male Adamant Moxie, DD scraggy with decent IV's

even though its 50:50 male:female ratio, didn't feel like it, moxie was also annoying to get too

Final

I Submit to No One
Finally. Got a Timid Deino with Dark Pulse and perfect Special Attack and Speed IVs. It was a pain too. Especially since I did it from scratch. Maybe I should've used one of my Bagons that have perfect Speed to help it but oh well. First IV bred 5th gen Pokemon for me.

1ee7leader

How can I get a Scraggy with DD, Ice Punch AND ThunderPunch?

1ee7leader

^
have a male dragonite from DPPtHgSs, make it learn DD, teach Ice & Thunder Punch on move tutor,transfer it to 5 gen, breed with female scraggy/scrafty

Hmmm, I'll try that later, thanks.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
I have found that People have taking the fact of Zoroark being breedable to their advantage...... being able to get the Illusion-prone Pokemon without having to go to an event has been a major up-side to team-building

DakotaThrice

I've recently started taking breeding requests for egg move Pokémon and someone has requested a Growlithe with Close Combat, Flare Blitz and Howl. I know I can get the first two from the Chimchar line but I'm not sure how I can get all three together. Can anyone help.

magikot

I've recently started taking breeding requests for egg move Pokémon and someone has requested a Growlithe with Close Combat, Flare Blitz and Howl. I know I can get the first two from the Chimchar line but I'm not sure how I can get all three together. Can anyone help.

Use Smeargle.

Status
Not open for further replies.