• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Breeding/Egg Moves FAQ & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to breed a scraggy with Dragon dance,Ice punch,thunder punch,drain punch
with an smeargle? or can u only get 3 of thoses moves?

Torni

Trainee Breeder
If you can get those moves onto a male smeargle then yes.

Is it possible to get a reckless staraptor with perfect IV ? because starly don't have a dream ability

professoroak

Professional Slacker
In DPPt, an everstone would not work when held by a foreign Pokemon (or it's mate).
Does this apply to White and Black? Thank you!

professoroak

Professional Slacker
No, it doesn't. The Everstone will now work when held by either Pokemon, foreign or not.

Thank you so much. I started freaking out when I realized that a good percentage of my Pawniard were Adamant haha

Penguinsftw

Well i was looking for a good team and this helped me
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=469359
Im planning my team out but i kinda want to have that Electrives moveset..
Now im new to breeding egg moves So look at this
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elekid
So with a member of the Machamp family it learns cross chop I get that.
And with medicham/Hitmonchan it learns Ice punch.
Is there a way i can get these 2 moves onto 1 Elekid?
Thanks

Yes you can machop can learn ice punch by egg move and cross chop with level up

Hi I'm a newbie to the breeding side of the games and I was wondering if breeding legendary pokemon is possible or if only works with certain ones (if there's already a thread for discussing legendary breeding then sorry for posting it here but I did have a look and I couldn't see one) thanks in advance

silicon

Swordsman
Hi I'm a newbie to the breeding side of the games and I was wondering if breeding legendary pokemon is possible or if only works with certain ones (if there's already a thread for discussing legendary breeding then sorry for posting it here but I did have a look and I couldn't see one) thanks in advance

You can't breed legendaries legitimately, with one exception and even that one is odd. The only legendary that can breed is Manaphy, it must be bred with a ditto due to it being genderless, and you get Phione, which can't evolve into Manaphy.*

*There is great confusion as to whether Phione should be counted as legendary or not. If you consider Phione as legendary then there are two legendaries able to be bred, as you can breed Phione with Ditto to get Phione as well.

How can I pass the DW ability? (sorry for this lame question but I put my DW female poliwag and a ditto and I always get water absorb or damp) What's wrong?

MoonShadow

Simplicity
^^^

Dittos hate Dream World abilities. Put in a male Poliwag or something else in the Water 1 breeding group and you'll be fine.

Grant692

I'm trying to breed a special sweeping Lucario with Dark Pulse, and I've bred a Lucario with a Ditto twice, and neither of the offspring had Dark Pulse. Does the parent Lucario need to know it? Thanks.

silicon

Swordsman
I'm trying to breed a special sweeping Lucario with Dark Pulse, and I've bred a Lucario with a Ditto twice, and neither of the offspring had Dark Pulse. Does the parent Lucario need to know it? Thanks.

Riolu cannot learn Dark Pulse. It's a base move for Lucario, so you'll have to give the move relearner a heart scale to teach it to the Lucario once you evolve it.

Last edited:

CoachDozier

Takeshi Protegé
Just joined the forum, but currently very heavy into breeding research for specialized movesets. I began on this journey after discovering the Lightningrod Seaking in the Dream World. A water type immune to electric type attacks... what a concept. Even though Seaking draws more power from physical attack where Lightningrod ups sp. attack, it still made for an interesting strategy. Then came the difficult part: egg breeding it with some good attack moves. Aqua Tail is a no-brainer, and any run of the mill Lumineon or Gyarados can provide... but Black/White made it tricky to egg breed multiple moves in a few cases, and I wanted my Seaking to have Body Slam as well. This required me to go back to my older games for breeding and move tutors... and it opened up a new world to me that made me regret transferring most of my Pokemon on a one-way trip from my old games to White before discovering it. Add the fact that I only have access to a second DS every other weekend or so, and I'm sitting on my thumbs most of the time once I finish one stage waiting to get to the other.

Nevertheless, I bypassed the problem through SoulSilver, using the move tutor to teach Aqua Tail to a Goldeen I bred with Body Slam (though in hindsight transferring shards to Platinum would have taken a lot less time). This appears to be the only way (through PtHGSS move tutors) to get both moves on a Seaking in B/W to take advantage of its higher attack stat. Would make for a nice little double battle duo with a flying type.

Slowking12

Trick Room User
I'm currently on a shiny hunt for a BRave NAture beldum using the masuda method but I have currently hathed over 300 beldum eggs and havent found a shiny yet, and I dont have that patinece, If anybody can RNG me a shiny Beldum with 30/31/31/7/20/0 ivs please Pm me I have ad ADAMANT Beldum with max attack and max spped ivs.

Azumarill

baha d:
Is the only way to get Aqua Jet/Superpower onto a Marill baby is by getting a Feraligatr to lev 71 where it learns superpower after already getting aqua jet from an Empoleon? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.