• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Help Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hi Everyone, I would like to restart my Generation V Games but i would like to know what are the features missing since the dream world closure and Nintendo Wifi Closure

I know that the following features are no longer accessible
1) Hidden Abilities of Some Pokemons
2) C-Gear and Pokedex Skin.

If i have miss anything, please inform me.

I would also like your advice if i should be bother about the hidden ability and C-Gear skin
Other than these two, there were exclusive Pokémon Musicals to the Pokémon Global Link of Gen 5. I don’t think you should bother too much with C-Gear and Pokédex skins because they don’t have as much of an effect in-game. Some Hidden Abilities of certain Pokémon have become almost impossible to obtain after the closure and that should be the matter of most concern especially if the Ability makes the Pokémon useful in competitive. The only way to get such Pokémon is through trading.

D*N

Musical Star
Hiii I just decided to finish up my white 2 game and restart it and go for a challenge mode run. But now I read that you can only unlock it in Black 2? Is that true? And how do I get it in my white 2 game? Really hope I'm not doing this for nothing lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hiii I just decided to finish up my white 2 game and restart it and go for a challenge mode run. But now I read that you can only unlock it in Black 2? Is that true? And how do I get it in my white 2 game? Really hope I'm not doing this for nothing lol.
You can get the Challenge Key in White 2 if you beat Black 2 and if you have 2 DSes. Then you share the Challenge Key from Black 2 to White 2 through Unova Link.

Reactions: D*N

D*N

Musical Star
Damn, okay thanks! That's unfortunately not gonna happen, I don't know why my younger dumb ass got white 2 hahaha

Houka

So about the Hidden Hallows, how far do I have to go before they resown. Like I heard you'll need to enter more then one before they start to.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So about the Hidden Hallows, how far do I have to go before they resown. Like I heard you'll need to enter more then one before they start to.
Hidden Grottos may refresh every 256 steps, but that is a 5% chance of happening. So that's could walk the length of the route and it will have refreshed or you could do a lap of Unova and it won't have refreshed. The latter is unlikely, but still possible.

Houka

Sop it I wanted to find Foongus on route 5 but haven't seen anyone other HG passed that route it should still refresh?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Sop it I wanted to find Foongus on route 5 but haven't seen anyone other HG passed that route it should still refresh?
It should refresh, the longer the walk the more chance that a particular gotto will refresh. You do need to empty it, before it will change.

Remember you have a massive 80% change of getting an item. If you really want a Regenerator Foongus, You can also visit the Grottos in Route 6 and 13 as well, you'll need surf for route 6, and cut for Route 13. (If you just want a Foongus you can wild one on route 6 works well.) If you're doing Prof Oak Challenge, that I can see that Routes 6 and 13 aren't a option, the best thing I can suggest is to level up the rest of your party while you "wait".

Houka

Just needed to know if I could get it now rather then later. I just need to spend some time, thank!

Houka

I know I shouldn't double post but having looking this up I wounder. Pinsir has .25% to spawn in Lostlorn Forest HG. is there not a better place to get him in B2?

Houka

It's also a 5% encounter rate in the grass in Lostlorn Forest.
That in White 2 not Black 2. Most sources I've seen said that that HG is the only spot to get Pinsir in B2. I'm probably gonna be a while before it shows up.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
That in White 2 not Black 2. Most sources I've seen said that that HG is the only spot to get Pinsir in B2. I'm probably gonna be a while before it shows up.

I believe the Pinsir/Heracross pair has the opposite show up only in Hidden Grottoes based on version. Wi-Fi trades are completely dead in this gen so you'll just have to go for the low rates in the Hidden Grotto.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does Memory Link still work? I wanted to restart a new game on Black 2, but I've been hesitant for a while since I thought the main site said years ago that memory link was one of the features that doesn't work anymore after they opened up the Global Link for Gen 7.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Does Memory Link still work? I wanted to restart a new game on Black 2, but I've been hesitant for a while since I thought the main site said years ago that memory link was one of the features that doesn't work anymore after they opened up the Global Link for Gen 7.
Some Good news. Memory link can be done with two DSes using Local Connection. https://www.serebii.net/black2white2/memorylink.shtml

The Wifi Game Sync feature was disabled for new game saves in October 2013 at the Launch of X & Y, and fully turned off by January 2014. (Finally, May 2014 had disabled all Wifi functionality of all DS games.)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Okay, I feel like I'm losing my mind here. I'm playing Black 2 and I'm trying to breed HA Ducklett and HA Burmy. I'm breeding an HA Wormadam with a Mothim and a female HA Ducklett with a male Ducklett. Every single source I've looked up says there should be an 80% chance of getting the HA, but I've tried about 20 times and the HA isn't getting passed down. Is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Houka

Are ya resetting each time? If so don't save when the old man has the egg as it will be set when a egg is generated not when ya pick it up.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Are ya resetting each time? If so don't save when the old man has the egg as it will be set when a egg is generated not when ya pick it up.

Of course I'm resetting before getting the egg. I'm also hatching multiple eggs at once, but nope, not a single one of them is getting its HA.