• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Help Thread

Houka

Hmmm as far as I can see, you should have about 60% change of passing the HA, as long as the female has it anyway. Might be an RNG thing though I'm not sure how Pokemon uses it.

SrShino

Hi guys
I tried to transfer between a german Platinum and a european black e didn't work. I'm a doing something wrong?
I'm about to buy a USA soul silver. It will transfer to european black?

PiatbrO

Uber Leader
I've been trying to fight Delphine in a Triple Battle in the Psychic Type Expert Tournament in Black 2. However, I never get matched up with her in the first round. In the first match, she either gets matched up with a Gym Leader, or she gets matched up with a generic trainer while we're on different sides of the tournament bracket. In the second round, she gets to match a Gym Leader then. She always loses against Gym Leaders. Does anyone know how I can fight Delphine in a Triple Battle? I've been trying by soft resetting for about six hours already.

Rather than make a new topic for this question I figured I'd ask it here: there's absolute certainty on there being no in-game obtainable ribbons in all of fifth gen, right? Nothing sneaky, or relevant to transfer, or any of the things introduced in the sequels like the PWT? Only limited time ribbons related to real world tourneys and the like, yes?

Figured I'd ask before pushing onward into sixth gen since I wasn't sure if anything came to light in the years since.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Rather than make a new topic for this question I figured I'd ask it here: there's absolute certainty on there being no in-game obtainable ribbons in all of fifth gen, right? Nothing sneaky, or relevant to transfer, or any of the things introduced in the sequels like the PWT? Only limited time ribbons related to real world tourneys and the like, yes?

Figured I'd ask before pushing onward into sixth gen since I wasn't sure if anything came to light in the years since.
There is no means to obtain any Ribbon in 5th Generation. Only event Pokémon could obtain the Gen 5 exclusive Ribbons. All other Ribbons can be obtained in either Gen 3 or Gen 4 games. The lack Gen 5 Ribbons is why it's skipped over on most Guides for getting Ribbons.

Thanks, good to be sure on this sort of thing, at least as far a ribbon enthusiasm goes.

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
I have read that in Pokemon Black and White Versions, HMs may be used without having to earn a badges first. As such, HMs could be used, in theory, even before I reach Striaton City, if I import Pokemon from another game. I have been unable to find a list of possible sequence breaks, if any exist. Are any possible, and if so, where is a list readily available?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have read that in Pokemon Black and White Versions, HMs may be used without having to earn a badges first. As such, HMs could be used, in theory, even before I reach Striaton City, if I import Pokemon from another game. I have been unable to find a list of possible sequence breaks, if any exist. Are any possible, and if so, where is a list readily available?
Trading is only available after the first Gym, but you really don't need Badges to use a HM move in the overworld. Also, you don't need to use any HMs after you use Cut once.

I once did a run with a Surfing Luvdisc in the party, I think you could skip one or two normally unskippable trainers, but I couldn't really find a sequence break. There's just so little water. The best you get is access to a higher level area way before you would normally have access to it.

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
Trading is only available after the first Gym, but you really don't need Badges to use a HM move in the overworld. Also, you don't need to use any HMs after you use Cut once.

I once did a run with a Surfing Luvdisc in the party, I think you could skip one or two normally unskippable trainers, but I couldn't really find a sequence break. There's just so little water. The best you get is access to a higher level area way before you would normally have access to it.
Thank you, that makes sense.