• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Help Thread

rose1984

okay i got this game it is hard they are making me get badges i am talking to people how do I make a team I want to play competitive i have two badges

BCVM22

You're not going to be able to do very much competitively until you get later into the game and the entirely of the region and Pokédex and full slate of TMs and items become available to you. I wouldn't bother until you at least get all eight badges and finish the Elite Four.

rose1984

okay thank you that sucks i want to go to tournament okay I play defensive is that vaible there are so many types it is hard to remember

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Can anyone speak to the difficulty of the PWT in general? Typically I find battle facilities to be very difficult with an in-game team - to the extent that the only Symbol I got in the third and fourth generations was the Luck Symbol, though I came close with the Arcade Print. Is the PWT usually comparable in difficulty, easier, or more difficult?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Can anyone speak to the difficulty of the PWT in general? Typically I find battle facilities to be very difficult with an in-game team - to the extent that the only Symbol I got in the third and fourth generations was the Luck Symbol, though I came close with the Arcade Print. Is the PWT usually comparable in difficulty, easier, or more difficult?
You might find the tournaments offered on the left hand side (e.g. the Driftveil tournament) okay - quite a few of the Pokemon you'll face are still unevolved. I've never really found them difficult, but all of my ingame teams on BW2 have consisted of bred, EV trained Pokemon.

I think the right hand tournaments would give you much more trouble, though. I've played through the Gym Leader and Champion tournaments A LOT and have completed all of the Type Expert ones, always using Pokemon I've bred (with good Nature and a few perfect IVs), EV trained, etc., and I sometimes struggle and lose (especially with the Champions tournament...probably the one I win the least). Your ingame team might be able to win some of these tournaments, and I'm sure there have been people who've won all/most of them with typical ingame teams, but I think it would be difficult, especially if you've found previous battle facilities difficult.

Even though some of the tournament battles can be difficult, there are some things that make the PWT a bit easier than something like the Battle Subway - e.g. you only have to defeat 3 trainers to win BP at the PWT vs 7 at the Subway, and the opponents at the PWT are more predictable IMO (as in, if you enter the "[Region] Leaders" tournament, and you're familiar with the Gym Leaders of [Region], you know who you could face and the types they use).

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
You might find the tournaments offered on the left hand side (e.g. the Driftveil tournament) okay - quite a few of the Pokemon you'll face are still unevolved. I've never really found them difficult, but all of my ingame teams on BW2 have consisted of bred, EV trained Pokemon.

I think the right hand tournaments would give you much more trouble, though. I've played through the Gym Leader and Champion tournaments A LOT and have completed all of the Type Expert ones, always using Pokemon I've bred (with good Nature and a few perfect IVs), EV trained, etc., and I sometimes struggle and lose (especially with the Champions tournament...probably the one I win the least). Your ingame team might be able to win some of these tournaments, and I'm sure there have been people who've won all/most of them with typical ingame teams, but I think it would be difficult, especially if you've found previous battle facilities difficult.

Even though some of the tournament battles can be difficult, there are some things that make the PWT a bit easier than something like the Battle Subway - e.g. you only have to defeat 3 trainers to win BP at the PWT vs 7 at the Subway, and the opponents at the PWT are more predictable IMO (as in, if you enter the "[Region] Leaders" tournament, and you're familiar with the Gym Leaders of [Region], you know who you could face and the types they use).

Thank you for the advice! I've never been able to tell whether my in-game teams just aren't up to par with some other players' teams, or whether I really should just be doing some more IV breeding and EV training before expecting to make a significant impact at these facilities. If the major tournaments are as difficult as you say, then really they sound much like the Gen 3 and Gen 4 Frontiers, so it seems I've got a little bit of work cut out for me in that regard. Seems like I might want to get to work breeding and training!

alexterri

Alright, so I have Pokémon White 2, and im trying to play it on my 3DS, and I'm trying to delete my save file, but the Up + B + X thing isn't working. Am I doing something wrong?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Alright, so I have Pokémon White 2, and im trying to play it on my 3DS, and I'm trying to delete my save file, but the Up + B + X thing isn't working. Am I doing something wrong?
I just looked this up and everything tells me that the combination is Up + Select + B for Gen V.

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
I deliberately started a new save file on Sunday for White 2 since I knew that I would reach Route 4 by Monday, in order for Braviary to appear so I could use him on team. To my dismay when I got there Braviary wasn't there, and it turns out my DSi was a day ahead for some reason? Now I know the game penalises you for changing the clock, but is there anything I can do to make Braviary appear today? I really don't want to wait a whole week before I can progress in the game.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I deliberately started a new save file on Sunday for White 2 since I knew that I would reach Route 4 by Monday, in order for Braviary to appear so I could use him on team. To my dismay when I got there Braviary wasn't there, and it turns out my DSi was a day ahead for some reason? Now I know the game penalises you for changing the clock, but is there anything I can do to make Braviary appear today? I really don't want to wait a whole week before I can progress in the game.

Saldy no. Changing the Clock will lock the time based events for at least 24 hours since your start your game after changing the lock. You could change the day so it would be Monday on Wednesday. Or you get to Route 23 and get a Rufflet.

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
Saldy no. Changing the Clock will lock the time based events for at least 24 hours since your start your game after changing the lock. You could change the day so it would be Monday on Wednesday. Or you get to Route 23 and get a Rufflet.

Thank you, that's a shame. I set my clock to 23:59 for Saturday the 13th at 7pm last night, so that it would quickly cross over to Sunday the 14th when I start the game and then I saved. That should mean it will cross over again to Monday again 7pm tonight, while still having taken 24 hours. Perhaps that would work?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
does anyone know if there's official art of characters in gen 5 who's design is like Ricard/Mr Hatterly from the anime?

Hi All,

I don't know why a discussion I tried to start didn't show up in the forum, so I try again to ask here. I wanted to ask some informations about the Zorua/Zoroark unlock in B/W/B2/W2. I wanted to ask:
1)Confirmation that the transfer feature is only for B/W and not for B2/W2
2)Do I need to transfer all dogs from the event or only 1 to unlock Zoroark?
3)If I transfer to black, unlock Zorua/Zoroark, then trade the dogs and celebi to white, will Zorua/Zoroark unlock there too?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi All,

I don't know why a discussion I tried to start didn't show up in the forum, so I try again to ask here. I wanted to ask some informations about the Zorua/Zoroark unlock in B/W/B2/W2. I wanted to ask:
1)Confirmation that the transfer feature is only for B/W and not for B2/W2
2)Do I need to transfer all dogs from the event or only 1 to unlock Zoroark?
3)If I transfer to black, unlock Zorua/Zoroark, then trade the dogs and celebi to white, will Zorua/Zoroark unlock there too?

(Your thread is put in to Moderation, which will require a Moderator or higher to approve or not.)
1. The PokéTransfer is in All Gen 5 games, (BW/B2W2). https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/poketransfer.shtml In Black and White, There is the Relocator used for 4 Event Pokémon (that ended in March 2011) and Unreleased Event item from Gen 4 games: https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/relocator.shtml
2. No, Only one of the Event dogs transferred Via the relocator is needed To obtain a Zoroark in Black/White only. Please note that if the Dog was used in the Zoroark event in one game, it can not be used in another game. You can obtain N's Zoroa in Black2/White2. https://www.serebii.net/black2white2/gift.shtml
3. You can not reuse the same Pokémon for the same event in another game. This will depend on how many Pokémon you have. I should point out that there are a limited number of these Pokémon around, as these event Pokémon can not be traded online anymore.

I use to maintain the two threads on the these event Pokémon, during it's release.

Hi All,

I finished Gen IV national pokedex, and now very near to finish GEN V national pokedex. I have some problem with a few ones, namely victini, keldeo, meloetta and genesect. Now, I understand these pokemon you could only get through events. As events are gone, and - also as far as I understand - there is nto way to trade over the internet with Gen V games, how can I get them? I would like to get genuine versions of these pokemons, that I could pass to Gen VI games.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hi All,

I finished Gen IV national pokedex, and now very near to finish GEN V national pokedex. I have some problem with a few ones, namely victini, keldeo, meloetta and genesect. Now, I understand these pokemon you could only get through events. As events are gone, and - also as far as I understand - there is nto way to trade over the internet with Gen V games, how can I get them? Are there come action replay devices i can use? If yes, which device would you reccommend? I would like to get genuine versions of these pokemons, that I could pass to Gen VI games. So it would be nice to get the victini pass for example, so that I could catch the original one. Dunno how the other ones can be obtained... (could you catch them in the games, like darkrai/shimin/arceus? Or you could just get them at the pokemon center liek you were getting the event shiny raikou/suicune/entei in Gen IV?

You're right in that Gen V events are long over and that internet trading is no longer available for the DS games.
The only legit way to obtain those event Pokemon on BW/BW2 now is to physically meet up with somebody in real life who got the events when they were available, and trade with them via local wireless. If you don't know anyone who has the event Pokemon on their Gen V cartridges, then you're probably out of luck.

Note that if you're not worried about 100% completion, you can still obtain the diploma for completing the National Dex without having to get any of the event-only Pokemon.

Also, these forums do not allow discussion of cheat codes or devices, so no one can post codes for the events here.

Midni9htSnyper

Hey all,

Since the Nintendo DS Online system was taken off in 2014, is there no longer any way to obtain Zorua in Black and White 1? Sorry if this was asked before, I couldn't find a thread addressing this. I'm a lifelong Pokemon player but coming back to the franchise after years away.

I want to compile a badass team and Zoroark would be a perfect fit I think.

Would appreciate the clarification or any tips. Thanks a lot.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hey all,

Since the Nintendo DS Online system was taken off in 2014, is there no longer any way to obtain Zorua in Black and White 1? Sorry if this was asked before, I couldn't find a thread addressing this. I'm a lifelong Pokemon player but coming back to the franchise after years away.

I want to compile a badass team and Zoroark would be a perfect fit I think.

Would appreciate the clarification or any tips. Thanks a lot.

You can get Zorua on BW1 if you have access to local wireless trading/transferring (unaffected by the online shutdown) and can do one or more of the following:

-If you happened to get certain event Pokemon during Gen 4, you can send them to BW via the relocator to trigger the Zorua or Zoroark events.
-Trading with someone you know in real life who has Zorua
-If you have Black 2 or White 2, you receive a Zorua as a gift Pokemon during the main story (no events required), so you could trade that over to BW1.

Keith Peh

Hi Everyone, I would like to restart my Generation V Games but i would like to know what are the features missing since the dream world closure and Nintendo Wifi Closure

I know that the following features are no longer accessible
1) Hidden Abilities of Some Pokemons
2) C-Gear and Pokedex Skin.

If i have miss anything, please inform me.

I would also like your advice if i should be bother about the hidden ability and C-Gear skin