• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Mixed Tier Team

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Hi, everyone.

This is a team that has been put together from successful pieces of other teams that generally sucked, in hopes that this new team would be able to hold it's own in the current Metagame. So, rate away, please.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

General Offensive Latios. The main purpose of this set is, as most of you know, to deal as much damage to as much as possible. Dragon Pulse is used over Draco Meteor because I'd rather have the decreased power instead of the Sp. Attack drop.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash

My Banded Metagross set. Well, I call it mine, no doubt it's come up before. Choice Band gives Metagross a whopping 607 Attack with this set, and with three of it's moves being STAB, and three with over 90 Base Power, this set will wreak havoc.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/240 SDef/16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Generic Support Tentacruel set, I'm sure you've all seen it. What it does isn't glamorous, but it keeps the team safe from hazards. Toxic Spikes for the free poison on most Pokemon that switch in, Rapid Spin to keep hazards away, Scald and Ice Beam so it's not Taunt Bait.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP/156 Atk/100 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Spore

Ah, Breloom. This set destroyed my previous team (everything I had was slower for one reason or another), and it really works. Spore so you can get a safe Sub, Leech Seed to recover HP, Focus Punch for a powerful STAB.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Here, we have the Bulky Heatran set. Generic EVs to make sure he can take a hit and deal out some damage, and a more defensively orientated moveset. Lava Plume over the plethora of fire moves he has available for the increased burn rate, Stealth Rocks for Residual Damage, Toxic for status, and HP Ice for things like Gliscor that like to switch in.

Cofagrigus (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Night Shade
- Protect

And, last but not least, the Cofagrigus wall. Cofagrigus's defenses are awesome, when coupled with a set like this work wonders. Will-O-Wisp is to inflict status, if the opponent doesn't already have it. Hex is for amazing damage dealt to the afflicted Pokemon.

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
I have HP Fire on my Latios, for Steels and such. Maybe you would consider trying it out?
252 Hp is generally more useful than 252 Def
For Breloom, give it more Attack EVs.
On Cofagrigus, Night Shade is better as it will deal 100 damage no matter what, 3 or 4 HKOing every pokemon that isnt a normal type.

Seems good overall, besides minor EV changes. BTW this team is pure OU, except for Cofagrigus.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Thanks for the tips, I've updated the OP as necessary.