• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Hello there,

Remember my beautiful nuzlocke adventure? No? me neither

And if you do, hooray, you have a memory which remembers stuff that ain't important or is it?

Anyways, I want you guys to know that I am not a person who quits in the middle of a Nuzlocke, because I just hate people who stop reporting the happenings in their Nuzlocke suddenly (Why are you pointing at me?)

So, expect another update soon in which me, and my stinky beautiful ehm, team, experience a lot of new happenings in this old game.

That's it for now, hope to spot you later!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I headed to Nimbasa City next and then once I had battled at the Small Court and Big Stadium for experience, I left to the Desert Resort. I got to the Relic Castle shortly and met up with Cheren there. Once inside, I climbed the staircase and got to a new area of the Relic Castle. I wandered around and battled a few Team Plasma grunts that I encountered and then I battled some wild Cofagrigus and Krokorok. I went deeper into the ruins and I eventually made it to the last chamber inside there and met up with Alder and Ghetsis. Once that was over, I was told to head back to Nacrene City. I went to the Nacrene Museum and obtained the Dark Stone. I finished that off and saved as I flew back to Icirrus City again.

:500: - Bacon Lv. 49
:512: - Matt Lv. 46
:523: - Wally Lv. 46
:537: - Spawn Lv. 45
:553: - Sandy Lv. 45
:592: - Roger Lv. 37

xEryChan

Demon Child
After defeating Lenora, Team Plasma stole the Dragon Skull so I had to chase them down so I left the gym and stopped by the Pokemon Center. I put both Pancake and Zelda in the PC before heading towards the Pinwheel Forest to track down Team Plasma. I captured a Petilil and nicknamed Greely (don't ask) before I kept going, battling several trainers and Team Plasma grunts along the way. I reached the end and slayed the last Team Plasma grunt and he gave me the Dragon Skull. Gorm showed up, followed by Burgh and Lenora. Gorm and the Team Plasma grunt both fled. Burgh decided to head back to his gym, telling me he's looking forward to battling me before leaving. After he left, I returned the Dragon Skull back to Lenora and she went back to her gym. I picked up a miracle seed as I left Pinwheel Forest and crossed the Sky Arrow Bridge before saving in the Castelia gate.

Current Pokemon

Arlo (Dewott) Lv. 19
Batty (Woobat) Lv. 19
Lilly (Herdier) Lv. 18
Greely (Petilil) Lv. 15

Fallen Pokemon

Patrick (Patrat) Lv. 10 - died to a crit double slap from a wild Audino.
Pancake (Pansear) Lv. 19 - died to a crit take down from Lenora's Herdier.
Zelda (Blitzle) Lv. 18 - died to a Retaliate from Lenora's Watchog.

Lorde

I ran to Route 8 next. I battled trainers by the puddles, then I battled some Pokemon. I made the trip to the Moor of Icirrus and battled some more there for around 15 minutes. I left the Moor of Icirrus afterwards and headed further east until I arrived at the gatehouse that led to Tubeline Bridge. I went through it after slaying Bianca and rode my bike all the way to the end, but the Shadow Triad and Ghetsis appeared. We had a short chat and I got to Route 9 afterwards and battled some Bikers. I stopped at Shopping Mall Nine and battled and shopped there for a while. I stopped in the tall grass outside and battled some Pokemon like Pawniard and Duosion and then I finally arrived inside Opelucid City. I saved after.

:500: - Bacon Lv. 50
:512: - Matt Lv. 47
:523: - Wally Lv. 47
:537: - Spawn Lv. 46
:553: - Sandy Lv. 46
:592: - Roger Lv. 38

xEryChan

Demon Child
I briefly explored Castelia City, getting the TM for Flash. I also battled the three dancers and got the Amulet Coin. After, I went back to the Pinwheel Forest to train Batty up before taking on the Battle Company and during the training, Batty evolved into Swoobat. After, I trainer Greely to get her all caught up in level as well. After my training was complete, I went to battle everyone in the Battle Company and got the Exp. Share before I went to take on the gym. But before I could take on the gym, I found out from Burgh that Team Plasma were in Castelia City and they stole Bianca's Munna so we had to track them down. We confronted them in a building in front of Burgh's Gym, battling them as well. I picked up the Smoke Ball after they left and ran back to the Pokemon Center to heal before saving my progress.

Pokemon

Arlo (Dewott) Lv. 21
Batty (Swoobat) Lv. 21
Lilly (Herdier) Lv. 21
Greely (Petilil) Lv. 21

Fallen Pokemon

Patrick (Patrat) Lv. 10 - Died to a crit double slap from a wild Audino.
Pancake (Pansear) Lv. 19 - Died to crit take down from Lenora's Herdier.
Zelda (Blitzle) Lv. 18 - Died to retaliate from Lenora's Watchog.

Lorde

So when I arrived in Opelucid City, I spotted Team Plasma's Pokemon liberation rally. They then left and Alder and I went to talk to Drayden and Iris. After a brief chat outside, I went to Drayden's home where he and Iris talked to me about the Legendary Dragons of Unova. Once that was over, Gym Leader Iris returned to the Opelucid City Gym to await my challenge and I went to the Pokemon Center to heal my babies. I bought items and headed for the Battle House where I participated in some Triple Battles. Once that was over, I returned to the Pokemon Center and then went to the Gym. I battled a few Gym trainers inside and then I tried navigating through the rest of the Gym, but it was hard so I saved.

:500: - Bacon Lv. 50
:512: - Matt Lv. 47
:523: - Wally Lv. 48
:537: - Spawn Lv. 47
:553: - Sandy Lv. 47
:592: - Roger Lv. 38

xEryChan

Demon Child
I briefly went back to Pinwheel Forest and got all of my Pokemon up to level 23 before heading over to Burgh's gym. I defeated all of the Harlequin's in the gym before I reached Burgh and challenged him to a battle. He sent out his Whirlipede first and I sent out Batty, who easily took it out with one hit of air cutter. Next, Burgh sent out his Dwebble and I switched Batty out, sending Arlo in. Arlo used Razor Shell on Dwebble and it lived with one hp, due to its Sturdy ability. It took hits of razor shell to knock it out. Burgh sent out his final Pokemon, Leavanny. I switched out to Batty, who took out the Leavanny with one hit of air cutter. I defeated Burgh and earned the Insect Badge and the Struggle Bug TM.

After I left the gym, I received a call from Bianca on Xtransceiver. She challenged me to a battle in the gate to Route 4. I ran back to the Pokemon Center and healed as well as saved before going to meet Bianca.

Pokemon

Arlo (Dewott) Lv. 23
Batty (Swoobat) Lv. 24
Lilly (Herdier) Lv. 23
Greely (Petilil) Lv. 23

Fallen Pokemon

Patrick (Patrat) Lv. 10 - Died to a crit double slap from a wild Audino.
Pancake (Pansear) Lv. 19 - Died to crit take down from Lenora's Herdier.
Zelda (Blitzle) Lv. 18 - Died to retaliate from Lenora's Watchog.

Lorde

I finally managed to reach Iris at the Opelucid Gym, but I had to leave the Gym in order to heal my team. I returned to Iris's spot and challenged her. She used Fraxure and I defeated that with Matt's Seed Bomb and Focus Blast. Then Iris sent out her Druddigon afterwards so I had to use Spawn next and its Sludge Bomb attacks in order to defeat Druddigon. Iris then sent out her Haxorus and I used Matt's Rock Slide attack. Iris healed her Haxorus, but I attacked with Bacon's Hammer Arm attacks next and that was enough to knock Haxorus out. I received the Legend Badge from Iris and then I left the Gym. Professor Juniper was outside and showed me to the gates of Route 10. I got the Master Ball as a gift from her.

:500: - Bacon Lv. 51
:512: - Matt Lv. 48
:523: - Wally Lv. 49
:537: - Spawn Lv. 48
:553: - Sandy Lv. 48
:592: - Roger Lv. 39

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Back with an update I am, just as promised. although probably not so fast as you had expected

So, I booted up the game and it was too intense for me so I turned it off and saw my character PLOT TWIST: That was totally UNEXPECTED. Anyways, after long consideration, I decided to box both my Poison Fly and my Foul Odor, both for different reasons. I boxed Poison Fly because it's a Zubat because I wanted to see what my catch for the Underground-Tunnel-in-the-sewer-thingie would be, and I did not want to waste time on a Pokemon I have used way to often. And I have permaboxed my Foul Odor, because after evolving it would have had the Weak Armor ability, which is not all-too-great for a nuzlocke....

Now, I decided it was finally time to go out of the Pokemon Center into the wild and wide world, only to find out I didn't heal my Pokemon yet... So I did that, and then went to Mark in the sewers. I got rid of him fairly easily after beating Team Plasma grunts. He gave me this HM Strength which I'll probably use on someone or thing. Then, after spotting this Gym Leader here who shouldn't be here according to type one super effectiveness and this strange guy who came out of the tunnel again, wrong place to be with his Magnemite against Drillburs..., I finally was able to get into the tunnel. I almost expected a reunion inside there, because of all the people I saw outside, but no, it was empty. I wandered around a bit, trying to get into a cloud to get me a Drillbur. But luck was against me, and I got a regular encounter. And I caught myself a Ratata!

Nah, just kidding, I caught myself a male Timid Roggenrola with Sturdy. Named him Ey'ftherck ((Just like Eye of the Tiger, get it?)) I decided to add him to my team as my fourth member, and trained him up a bit Audino grinding with this thing is fun!. But before doing that, I first caught myself something in the Castelia Garden. I walked through this double grass, looking for an Eevee, I was looking for a double encounter to heighten my chances, but instead, I got an single encounter in the double grass. It was a flipping MEW. Only then it looked less psychic-y, or not even like a Mew. And thinking about it, it was actually a Male Hasty Cottonee with Prankster. I named him WoolyDooly. Since he has Prankster and Stun Spore, I decided to keep him in my team, although I won't be using it nor training him.

Then, I grinded everyone to level 22/23 and called it a day, as I am busy with other stuff.

And yet again, I have caught literally no Female type Pokemon... This could get really awkward when facing a trainer with a female attract Pokemon. I am wondering though why Ey'ftherck isn't genderless...
Also, I am doomed against Burgh, especially his Leavanny. WHY DID PROUDSTER HAVE TO DIE!

And I am still on a streak of only 1st and 5th gen Pokemon. Hurray!

Will I get myself more cooler Pokemon? Will I get myself more Zombies? Will I throw a party for my in-game mom whenever her birthday is? Will Furiousity ever get unboxed? No Will I start asking question that aren't as stupid as hell and are not able to be answerd by yes or no? Why is my Ey'ftherck often lost in thought? I mean seriously game, it doesn't even have room for brains...

Find it out in the next post!

:502: Number Uno lv. 23
Torrent
Docile @Mystic Water
- Tackle
- Return
- Water Gun
- Razor Shell

:505: FakeBidoof lv. 22
Illuminate
Adamant @Silk Scarf
- Return
- Hypnosis
- Crunch
- Super Fang

:507: Goedzee lv. 22
Intimidate
Brave @Scope Lens
- Return
- Work Up
- Bite
- Take Down

:524: Ey'ftherck lv. 23
Sturdy
Timid @Quick Claw
- Iron Defense ((Tank ForTheWinz))
- Smack Down
- Headbutt
- Rock Blast

:546: WoolyDooly lv. 18
Prankster
Hasty @Nothing
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore
- Mega Drain
- Cotton Spore

Total Grass-type moveset!

;058; Proudster: Killed by a Workers Riolu's Counter after my Pokemon used Flame Wheel and the Riolu barely survived

Apertia City - Oshawott ((Number Uno))
Route 19 - Purrlion ((Furiousity))
Route 20 - Patrat ((FakeBidoof))
Flocessy Ranch - Lillipup ((Goedzee))
Virbank Complex - Growlithe ((Proudster))
Route 4 - Trubbish ((Foul Odor))
Castelia Sewers - Zubat ((Poison Fly))
Relic Passage - Roggenrola ((Ey'ftherck))
Castelia Garden - Cottonee ((WoolyDooly))

Before I end, I just want to wish the other nuzlockers in this thread really good luck, I have been reading your posts, and they're amazing! Now to end with the usual sentence:

That's it for now, hope to spot you later!

Lorde

I ran to the Opelucid City PC to heal my team after slaying Iris. I also purchased a few Ultra Balls and Hyper Potions, then I flew to Nimbasa City and I battled at the stadiums there. I finished that up and mess around on the ferris wheel for a while and returned to Opelucid City once that was done. I went to Route 10 and I battled a couple of trainers there to level up my darlings. They were a challenge, but I decided to stick around and battle Pokemon in the tall grass. I encountered several Audino and then several other Pokemon like Rufflett and Bouffalant and I slayed those. I battled some more and then healed in Opelucid City. I returned to Route 10 afterwards and saved before heading to the gates of Victory Road.

:500: - Bacon Lv. 53
:512: - Matt Lv. 50
:523: - Wally Lv. 50
:537: - Spawn Lv. 49
:553: - Sandy Lv. 49
:593: - Roger Lv. 41

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
After losing a run in Soul Silver, I've decided to try one in Black 2.

Any suggestions for Starters?

EDIT: I'll go with Oshawott.

Last edited:

Lorde

Finally at the Pokemon League, and after training some more, I battled against Elite Four member Grimsley. I beat his Liepard with Matt's Focus Blast attack, Grimsley's Scrafty with Bacon's Hammer Arm, his Krookodile with Spawn's Surf, and eventually his Bisharp with Bacon's Heat Crash. I went into Elite Four Caitlin's room next and battled her. I thrashed her Reuniclus with Matt's Shadow Claw, then Caitlin used her Sigilyph and Wally slayed it with Volt Switch. She used Musharna next and Sandy's Crunch beat it and I beat Caitlin's Gothitelle with Roger's Shadow Ball attack. I decided that Shauntal would be a good challenge, so next I went to her room. I saved my game as I approached her sitting room.

:500: - Bacon Lv. 56
:512: - Matt Lv. 54
:523: - Wally Lv. 54
:537: - Spawn Lv. 54
:553: - Sandy Lv. 53
:593: - Roger Lv. 50

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Big update on Black 2.

Only two deaths and I am on gym number four.

Current Team:
Gomamon (Dewott lv 25)
Anubis (Riolu lv 21)
Cleopatra (Yamask lv 23)
Olivia (lv 20 Pidove)
Manson (Gothita lv 21)
Barfbag (Trubbish lv 23)

PC:
Hoppitus (lv 15 Buneary)
Guano (lv 14 Zubat)
Aerosmith (lv 16 Roggenrola)
Bagheera (lv 12 Purrloin)
Nuke (lv 13 Koffing)
Meg (lv 24 Heracross)

Dead:
Crikey (Sandile lv 18)
Terk (Darumaka lv 23)

Last edited:

Lorde

I beat Shauntal, then entered Marshal's room. I used Bacon against his Throh and I won that match with Scald and Heat Crash. He used Sawk next and I used Wally. I managed to defeat it with Thunderbolt attacks, then Marshal used his Conkeldurr next. I first used Roger against Conkeldurr, then after weakening it I used Spawn and defeated it with Surf. I then fought Mienshao with Bacon and won with Scald attacks. I got that match done and healed my Pokemon with Hyper Potions and I managed to make the statue outside move down. I got to another part of the Pokemon League building and I dashed to the Champion's room. Since I knew what was coming next, I saved before entering Alder's chamber.

:500: - Bacon Lv. 57
:512: - Matt Lv. 55
:523: - Wally Lv. 55
:537: - Spawn Lv. 55
:553: - Sandy Lv. 54
:593: - Roger Lv. 52

Lorde

I battled N next and I beat Reshiram with Zekrom, then his Carracosta with Matt's Seed Bomb after that. I defeated N's Archeops with Wally next, then I slayed his Vanilluxe with Bacon's Heat Crash. N's other Pokemon were a challenge to defeat though, but I defeated him in the end. Ghetsis then showed up and revealed his plans and my Pokemon were healed by N before I battled him. Ghetsis's team was kind of simple to defeat: His Hydreigon and Eelektross were the only Pokemon that I struggled against, but I still crushed them with Sandy and Bacon eventually. I got that fight done and Ghetsis was arrested for his crimes. N left his castle after and I arrived at my house after the credits. Nuzlocke complete.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I battled N next and I beat Reshiram with Zekrom, then his Carracosta with Matt's Seed Bomb after that. I defeated N's Archeops with Wally next, then I slayed his Vanilluxe with Bacon's Heat Crash. N's other Pokemon were a challenge to defeat though, but I defeated him in the end. Ghetsis then showed up and revealed his plans and my Pokemon were healed by N before I battled him. Ghetsis's team was kind of simple to defeat: His Hydreigon and Eelektross were the only Pokemon that I struggled against, but I still crushed them with Sandy and Bacon eventually. I got that fight done and Ghetsis was arrested for his crimes. N left his castle after and I arrived at my house after the credits. Nuzlocke complete.

Congratulations!

Confronted Team Plasma in the sewer, and caught my sixth comrade. Before I challenge Burgh I'll get some backup comrades.

Current team:
Pumbaa the Pignite
Salem the Purrloin
Derparino the Pidove
Aquamarine the Azurill
Tesla the Magnemite
Jabba the Grimer

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Started a Nuzlocke challenge on White 2 the other day.
Rules:
-if it faints, it dies and must be boxed.
-Nickname them all!
-first catch per route only, including in caves and cities. This also includes IGTs, gift pokemon, and grotto pokemon.
-Legendaries can be caught if not violating above rule.
-No dupes, especially Pokemon of the same evo line.
-Shinies nullify catch rules.
-Okay to time skip (and you'll see why)
-Virbank Complex, Pinwheel Forest, and other areas that include an inner and outer area will count as separate areas.
-Trading for the sake of evolving is allowed.

I'm already on my way to Clay, so I'll just provide small info on how my dead pokemon died.

On team:
:496: (Eve) Lvl 30 (Bashful, hates to lose) (named after the Biblical Eve, who was tempted by the snake)
;125; (Henry) lvl 30 (Careful, likes to relax) (named after my dad, who's favorite happens to be Elekid)
:628: (Roger) lvl 29 (Jolly, likes to fight) (named after Steve Rogers, aka Capt. Murica)
:545: (Eddie) lvl 32 (Bold, somewhat stubborn) (named after Eddie Brock, one of Venom's hosts)
:572: (Tidus) lvl 29 (Calm, likes to thrash about) (named after FFX character, and because "Tidy" can be taken from the name)

Deceased:
:519: (Serenity) lvl 7-14 (Hardy, very finicky) (because Serena was taken) (died to 5th rollout from Dunsparce at route left of Virbank to save Eve)
;019; (Mikey) lvl 16-19 (Gentle, Strong willed) (named after one of the co-creators of Ratatat) (died to a crit Quick Attack to a School Boy's Eevee in Castelia)
:505: (Jack) lvl 3-23 (Lonely, Loves to eat) (no reason for the name) (died to crit Razor Leaf from Burgh's Leavanny)
:551: (Rubeus) lvl 18-18 (Hasty, thoroughly cunning) (named after a Sailor Moon villain, but also because he's red as a Krookodile) (died to crit Flame Charge from a Blitzle in the old gym)
:510: (Diana) lvl 24-24 (Brave, often lost in thought) (named after one of the cats from Sailor Moon) (died to a crit Secret Power from a wild Audino)

Stored:
:548: (Daisy) lvl 16 (Lonely, somewhat stubborn) (what I got from my Lilligant OC, Delilah)
:540: (Marvin) lvl 2 (Jolly, highly persistent) (seemed like a flamboyant enough name for what could eventually evolve into a Leavanny)
;081; (Cole) lvl 10 (Hardy, Proud of its power) (from "coil")
:562: (Casper) lvl 20 (Jolly, quick tempered) (because Casper, the friendly ghost)

Last edited:
Yeah, you know my White 2 Nuzlocke from before? That flopped. So I started a Black 1 Nuzlocke instead. Seeing as it's been a while since I last played, I can't remember what happened since I finished up in the Dreamyard... so here goes!

Basically, my rules are the standard Nuzlocke rules, except for a few exceptions:

-If a Pokemon faints on a Route, then I am allowed one additional chance to catch another- but after that, no more. I know I shouldn't include this rule, but it's been a standard rule for all the Nuzlockes I've done- so hey, I'm just putting this in for tradition.
-Because shinies are so rare, they can be caught even if I've caught a Pokemon on that route and are considered 'immortal', so that no matter how many times they faint, I can still use them.
-Dupes clause is on- meaning that if I've caught a Pidove and I run into Tranquills on later routes, I can keep searching for a new Pokemon, even if the Pidove from before is dead.
-Pokemon from shaking grass and dust clouds are okay to use.
-Pokemon who die won't be released, but boxed. It'd hurt so bad otherwise.
-This Nuzlocke ends as soon as Reshiram is awakened.
-Areas such as Pinwheel Forest with two parts (like outside/inside) count as different areas, so I can catch two Pokemon per area. However, as of right now, I can only capture one Pokemon per cave. This might change in the future.
-I can trade to evolve any Pokemon that might need it, like Crash. HOWEVER! Karrablast and Shelmet will be nearly impossible to evolve without having one in White 2, which I have only gotten to Flocessy in, so they are Pokemon that I can ignore, even if they are my first encounter.
-If my team gets wiped, I can use backup Pokemon in my box- but only once. A second wipe equals game over.

Anyhow, after training my entire team to level 15, I moved on to the next Route and, on my way to trying to catch my latest Pokemon, was challenged by Cheren. Though the battle didn't start off too well, considering that I forgot to switch Hogden (Tepig) with Bonanza (Pansage), I had to switch on the first turn. However, after a few Work Ups on Bonanza's end, both his Oshawott and Purrloin were easily vanquished after a few Vine Whips. Plot related stuff happened- but do you think I cared about that? Nope, I went straight to the tall grass for my next catch. Initially, I thought it was going to be a Blitzle- but I dun goofed and underestimated Evangeline's (Audino) power- and, consequentially, took it out. Thankfully my traditional rule exists...

My next encounter was a Pidove- who I caught in a Dusk Ball and nicknamed Privee- which is fortunate, because I kind of wanted to get a Pidove early so I didn't botch my chances of getting a Fighting type outside of Pinwheel Forest. I began to train him (and raised him from level 8-11 with one Audino!), then once he hit level 14, progressed to Wellspring cave. More plot stuff happened, and afterwards, I managed to get myself a Drilbur by some lucky chance... I caught her and nicknamed her 'Chickadee' after an inside joke, seeing as my original nickname only fit male Drilbur...

I finished off my session, having trained her a little bit.

EDIT: Hogden evolved. Then I dun goofed again and nearly sent him out against a Woobat. However, I cleared through the Route with slight difficulty, as I was beginning to become underlevelled- so, out of worry for her and my team, I decided to box Evangeline (easily my favourite member for personal reasons), so even if the worst does happen, I'll at least know that she's alive.

After clearing through the route, I ran straight to Pinwheel Forest. My first encounter was a Pidove (so it's a good thing I caught Privee!), but due to dupes clause, I ran and continued my search.. It wasn't in vain- my next capture was a level 13 Timburr- and thankfully, I didn't make the same mistake with it as I did with Blitzle. I used Bonanza's Leech Seed to weaken him, then began to throw Pokeballs. I caught him on the second, and nicknamed him Crash.

My next encounter was a level 15 Sawk, though, which made me realize exactly how underlevelled my team is. Thus, I returned to the previous route to train my team, including Crash, a little more. I'm a little worried for Lenora, though- I can't shake the feeling that my first casualty will be against her. I'm considering unleashing Kero after my training's done and sacrificing her as a bit of a shield against Retaliate- but I'm not entirely certain if it'll work.

Defeated N easily with Privee and Bonanza, although his own Pidove got stupidly lucky with Criticals and I had to heal Privee twice.

EDIT II: Did some more training. Crash nearly died to a Sawk with Double Kick, but fortunately it started to use Bide instead, allowing me to escape and heal him.

Anyhow- I just fought Lenora, and although I did have a casualty against her, it was no-one I feared would fall- but one I'm sad to see go nonetheless...

I started off the battle with my new Liepard, Kero (who I'm going to make a member of the current Nuzlocke team as soon as she comes close to leveling to get rid of Cut), and set up with two Hone Claws to cancel out Herdier's Intimidate. Stupidly, it kept using Leer against her, consequentially meaning that she took absolutely no damage from it. Four Pursuits took it out.

Here was the part I feared most. Watchog and Retaliate. I knew that if I left Kero out, she'd be done for- and her unexpected usefulness/luck against Herdier had made me appreciate her a little bit. So, upon instinct, I sent out the one Pokemon I was sure I would never use again. Rufus. As I expected, Watchog used Retaliate, killing him in an instant. However, this was enough to ensure that Retaliate would lose its power, and I sent out Kero again. Though another Retaliate took her down to half-health, two Hone Claws-buffed Pursuits were enough to destroy that Watchog.

From there, more exposition stuff happened- but I wanted no more of that. As soon as I could, I went to the PC and laid Rufus to rest...

RIP: Rufus, level 3-14

EDIT III: So I decided to remove Kero from my team again and put her in the Daycare. Being saddled with Cut was really starting to annoy me. Anyhow, I started up today by going to Pinwheel Forest- and with my entire team at level 20 or so, I completely obliterated any opponent who stood in my way without much difficulty at all. Even with a couple of incidents, such as accidentally sending out Chickadee in front of a Panpour, expecting it to be a Pansear, and sending out Crash to a Woobat, I had no casualties or even any treacherous moments. Crash and Hogden were the two Pokemon I used the most against Team Plasma. They didn't stand a chance.

Before I chased down Team Plasma, I managed to capture a new team member, a Cottonee named Cirrus. Although I did kind of want to use him, I noticed that with Crash, Hogden and Bonanza, I was severely weak to Flying with no viable counters to it. So I decided to box him in case Bonanza ever dies- which I'm hoping won't happen, but Simisage isn't the most defensive Pokemon... It's very likely that he could be taken out in the future.

On the topic of Bonanza, I ended off in Castelia City, where I was given a Leaf Stone to evolve him. I decided to wait until he levels up one more time to evolve him, as I want him to know Seed Bomb. Bite will do for now until I can get a good TM to replace it.

After playing a little more, I got Bonanza to level 22 and taught him Seed Bomb. I also caught a new member for my team, a female Scraggy called Lindsey. I trained her to level 20, then progressed a little with the story. I think I'm going to train my team to level 23 before taking on Burgh. I know I may have been griping about Cottonee giving me an additional weakness to flying... but until I can get an Electric type or something along those lines, I'd like to train her. I've never used a Scraggy/Scrafty before.

EDIT IV: After training my team, I took on Burgh with Hogden, Privee and Chickadee. I lead off with Privee against his Whirlipede, as I misjudged and thought he would be sending out Swadloon. Though Privee lost about half his health due to Poison Tail, and Burgh kept healing him, it was still finished off relatively quickly with a combination of Work Up and Air Cutter. It was the Dwebble that was the real problem- I sent out Chickadee against it, as Chickadee's Metal Claw was capable of dealing a good amount of damage to it. However, it still survived, and weakened Chickadee with two Faint Attacks and a Sand Attack. Instead, I switched to Dig, and I finished it off.

Leavanny? Barely even got screentime. One Flame Charge from Hogden annihilated that thing.

Afterwards, I healed up, and fought Bianca at Route 4. I lead off there with Hogden against her Herdier. One Rock Smash was enough to bring its health reasonably low- but then it used Take down, bringing Hogden down to 2/3rds health. Another Rock Smash was enough to finish it. She sent out her Munna next, so I switched to Lindsey- who finished it off in an instant. Her Servine was a little more of a pain- I used Privee's Work Up, then used a couple of Air Cutters, but it wasn't defeated immediately-it still got the opportunity to pull off a critical Leaf Tornado and bring Privee down to half health. However another was enough to defeat it. Similarly to Munna, her Panpour was pathetic- a single Seed Bomb from Bonanza was enough to destroy it.

I healed, then decided to progress through Route 4 later on.

EDIT V: Cheren was easy. Like... really easy. Every one of his Pokemon except for his Tranquill was one-shotted by someone or another, and even then, Privee took his out in seconds, even after taking a critical Air Cutter to the face.

I continued through Route 4, went to Nimbasa, and watched more plot stuff happen. I also got the Bicycle, so going to places like the Challenge Rock won't be so tedious! Anyhow, once it was all over, and I dressed Bonanza in the snazziest top hat you'll ever see, I went off to Route 5 to get my latest catch. Though a Liepard appeared first, my rules said I could ignore him... so I did. Instead, on my next encounter, I found a male Gothita, which I caught and called Remy. Afterwards, I traveled to Route 16 in hope of a Cincinno- but I got a Trubbish instead. Ugh. And he almost killed off Crash, too. So I caught him, named him NotTheBlob as a reference to the Muk I had in Sapphire (The Blob), then went to Lostlorn Forest and caught a Swadloon. He was kind of male, though, so I decided to call him Ventus. Of course, Ventus makes Cirrus obsolete, as I'll definitely be using him if Bonanza dies... but hey. I like Leavanny.

Next, I'll be going to the Desert Resort to catch my next three Pokemon (I count the two parts as two different areas, like in Pinwheel Forest- plus there's Relic Castle) and train my team.

All right- FORGET DESERT RESORT, IT WAS NEARLY THE DEATH OF LINDSEY.

UPDATE: I finally gathered the courage to go into the Desert Resort again. Thought I'd caught my Sandile, Ravenna, there before, there was still the second part I could catch a Pokemon from and the Relic Castle. This time, I sent Hogden out in front with a Smoke Ball and found my next catch- another Darumaka. I caught it and nicknamed it Brutus. Afterwards, I went into the Relic Castle and got both my next catch and the Cover Fossil for Tirtouga. My next catch was a female Yamask who I nicknamed Enigma, whereas I revived my Tirtouga and nicknamed him Mersault. I put Crash on hold for now to train Mersault, as he is the Flying type counter I needed.

Current team:

:499: Hogden, level 25. Impish nature. Male. (Tackle, Rollout, Flame Charge, Rock Smash) (Unsure where this nickname originated)
:512: Bonanza, level 27. Impish nature. Male. (Leech Seed, Work Up, Bite, Seed Bomb) (Named after an older Simisage of mine- who was named because 'Bonanza' reminded me of 'banana', which goes with the plant theme)
:520: Privee, level 25. Timid nature. Male. (Air Cutter, Work Up, Leer, Quick Attack) (No real origin aside from 'privy'.)
:529: Chickadee, level 24. Adamant nature. Female. (Dig, Metal Claw, Mud-Slap, Fury Swipes) (This takes a little explaining. I have a character whose name ends in 'idai' who I wanted to name my Drilbur after. Problem is, though, when I caught her, I noticed that it was female- so I referred to her accidentally as 'Chickidai'- which made me think of a chickadee. The rest is history...)
:559: Lindsey, level 24. Quirky nature. Female. (Brick Break, Headbutt, Faint Attack, Swagger.) (Named after the dubstep violinist Lindsey Stirling)
:564: Mersault, level 31. Male. (Named after Mersault from Camus' 'The Outsider')

Boxed:
:531: Evangeline, level 15. Naive nature. Female. (Pound, DoubleSlap, Helping Hand, Attract) (Based off 'evangelical', as Audino seems like a 'pure' Pokemon to me.) (Boxed because 5 Pokemon were dragging me down and because I don't want her to die.)
:510: Kero, level 25 Liepard. Hardy nature. Female. (Cut, Hone Claws, Pursuit, Fake Out) (Named after a cat OC I once used) (Daycare until level 33 or so to get rid of Cut)
:546: Cirrus, level 15. Mild nature. Male. (Growth, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Mega Drain) (Originated from cirrus cloud, which is my favourite type of cloud) (Boxed because, including him, I'm weak to Flying type with 4 Pokemon. I didn't want to take any chances.)
:574: Remy, level 19. Quirky nature. Male. (Fake Tears, DoubleSlap, Psybeam, Embargo) (Derived from REM; rapid eye movement)
:568: NotTheBlob, level 19. Sassy nature. Female. (Toxic Spikes, Acid Spray, DoubleSlap, Sludge) (Allusion to my Muk in Sapphire, nicknamed 'The Blob', as Trubbish is basically the Gen-5 Grimer)
:541: Ventus, level 22. Careful nature. Male. (String Shot, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf, Protect) (Named after Ventus from the Kingdom Hearts series)
:551: Ravenna, level 21. Female (Derived from 'ravenous'.)
:532: Crash, level 24. Sassy nature. Male. (Work Up, Wake-Up Slap, Rock Throw and Low Kick.) (I wanted a name that sounded strong; dangerous- and Crash fit perfectly.) (Boxed to train Mersault.)
:554: Brutus, level 19. Male. (Named because Darumaka was the Pokemon that almost killed Lindsey, and it was similar to 'brutal'.)
:562: Enigma, level 22. Hasty nature. Female. (Named after my Diglett who died in a FireRed Nuzlocke.)

Dead:
:504: Rufus, level 3-14. Naive nature. Male. (Tackle, Work Up, Bite, Bide) (Named after a dog I knew when I was younger) (Killed against Lenora's Watchog in a sacrifice gambit to save my other team members)

Last edited:

Lorde

I'm gonna do another Nuzlocke Challenge on Black. After naming my character, I spoke with Cheren and Bianca in my room and I picked Oshawott as my Starter. I fought and thrashed Cheren and Bianca next, then I chatted with my mom and got the Xtransceiver. I visited Bianca's home and saw her dad yelling at her, then we visited Professor Juniper's lab. Cheren, Bianca, and I each got a Pokedex from Juniper, then I nicknamed Oshawott as Joshua and Juniper wanted us to go to Route 1. My mom gave me the Town Map outside the lab, then Juniper taught us how to catch wild Pokemon and we got Poke Balls from her. I dashed to Accumula Town and caught a Patrat along the way and named him Bill and saved next.

501.png
- Joshua Lv. 6
504.png
- Bill Lv. 3