• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
Claus, I would say that it's cheating, but I probly would have done it too. Just shake it off and train.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Claus, I would say that it's cheating, but I probly would have done it too. Just shake it off and train.

Well thanks. :p didn't do much good though as you'll read (if you do)..
EDIT VI:
I beat the dragon gym leader, although searish died in the process. nearly everyones level 50, so I went to find Cheren. It was all going well until Serperior used coil...JUST ONCE..and he critical hitted/OH-KOD EVERY MEMBER OF MY TEAM. CRITICAL HITS. ALL OF THEM.
I don't know what to do.
i have no meaning in life. xD jkjk
I LOST!
its horrible.
what do I do now, just go on however I like since I failed?

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
I had trained for some time and got Peggysu up to level 16 but didn't train Bushy that much. I then proceeded to heal up my Pokemon and challenge the gym. The trainers were easy. Flame Charge here. Tackle there and done. However, I was extremly nervous about going against Cress. I saved my game and challenged Cress. As usual he started with Lillipup and I started with my Pignite. I started using a couple of Flame Charges (2 to be exact) and Lillipup fainted. Up next was the Panpour which I was really scared of. I started to go for some Flame Charges (again) and he went for Work Ups. I then realized I had nothing to worry about. A Flame Charge and two Tackles later Panpour fainted after using Work Up thrice. I received the Basic Badge and went outside to meet Fennel. She told me about the Dream Mist and I went to the Dreamyard. After I cut the tree I met Bianca and the Munna who was being harrased by the Team Plasma Grunts. I defeated them swiftly with some Flame Charges but Peggysu still didn't evolve. I went into the grass hoping for a Pokemon that could help me and I found the Pokemon that would be more useful. A Munna. I nicknamed it Day Dreama. I trained alot in the Dreamyard getting Day Dreama up to level 11 and went back to Fennel's house. I got the bottom half of the screen and went onto Route 3. I did the mini-quest for Bianca and Peggysu evolved into Pignite. I also caught my third Pokemon Love Bird the Pidove. I went to Nacrene City and trained in the Pinwheel Forest Entrance. At the end of the training, Peggysu was Level 23, Day Dreama was Level 18 and Love Bird was Level 18. I precedded to challenge Lenora but first fought N. Pidove fainted his Pidove. Munna fainted his Timburr. Pignite fainted his Tympole. After the fight N went off ranting and I fought the Gym Trainers in the Gym. Day Dreama grew to Level 19 and that was it. I saved after fighting the last trainer.

B]TEAM[/B]

Peggysu the Pignite @ Lvl. 23

Day Dreama the Munna @ Lvl. 19

Love Bird the Pidove @ Lvl. 18

Boxed

Bushy the Pansage @ Lvl. 10

Dead

Rattty the Patrat @ Lvl. 11

Clause I would say get all the Pokemon that u challenged for Cheren and try again. Pretend it never happened.

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
Not the guy to talk about every single thing. Anyway, got to the 8th gym, and training. I think maybe 4 pokemon died from here, including my Zebstrika, Striker.

Anyway,
Team:
Stoutland
Rufflet
Foongus
Samurott
Conkeldurr
Excadrill

Too lazy to list Boxed and Dead, that would be, like 40 pokemon. Training to Level 55.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
ALL RIGHT! FINAL EDIT!
So since the ice gym, Searish died. I got the light stone, all that.. anyways, I beat the dragon gym (somehow with lots of difficulty and resseting ((See prev edit))) and my rival. Ignoring my loss, I continued to the victory road, and passed it. I got to the elite four, with Romani way over leveled at 55, compared to the lowest being 51.
Tidal- 52
Yoshi-53
Balderdash-51
Romani-55
yup. So I went into the elite four..and faced off with them. Tidal died from earthquake.. But as I recall I got healed before i could deposite him, so I didn't really count him as dead. but ok. I beat the E4 in this order;
Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley and Caitlin.
:3
I beat them.
So I headed into Ns castle after he defeated Alder. :/ that sucks for all of human kind. I headed up the tower, got healed, grabbed some useless items.. Then I found Ghetis and N. Ghetis gave me this creepy speech then let me go on. anyhow.. I saw the epic amazingment of Zekrom appearing..As his lightning tail blew up in awesome 3D epicness, I knew the end was near. The light stone reacted and Reshiram was summoned with his awesome choir aid and flaming tail of flaming fires. :p that is a BIG fiyah stick..
anyways, NOTE! FROM RESHIRAMS CAPTURE TO THE END OF THE GAME, NO DEATHS COUNT! YOU GET HEALED AFTER EVERY BATTLE! I AM ALSO ALLOWING HEALING IN BATTLE!
That being said, Yoshi died catching Reshiram. I added reshiram to my team and faced N.
The final duel.
I used Fusion Flare for double damage (since Zekrom use Fusion Bolt) and then dragon breath to kill him. I then proceeded to solo him with Romani, only using Tidal to beat Archeops. I then beat N.
Then Ghetis came along..yadda yadda yadda.
I faught him, mostly using Romani. I used a full restore in battle to save Romani. I used Hi Jump Kick, which she had just learned, to beat Hydreigon. Then using various other tema members to beat the game.
As N finished his speech, I finaly came up with the conclusion. The Nuzlocke challenge, no matter how stressfull it was meant to be, taught me a lesson. Its not about skill, or streangth, but detirmination. It's Determination that kept me and every other Nuzlocker going. It's the true streangth within us. Also the moral of putting up with things. If one of our main pokemon dies (which none of my MAJOR MAJOR ones did like Yoshi or tidal, thank gosh, ) we put up with it and replace him however we can.
Just sayin'.
I watched the credits with a big smirk on my face. Yeah, I really was less stringent then I should have been about resseting and the like. ah well. I'm doing a ruby run that I swear will be cleaner. xD Thanks for sticking around! Hope you read it all.
Claus~

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
I........WIN!

I caught Zekrom, and replaced it with my dead Braviary. I fought N, and Zekrom died, but it didn't matter, because of the nurse/doctor/final battle rule. Drill the Excadrill was the MVP in that battle. N then healed me for the Ghetsis battle. I was scared to death of his Hydreigon. I sent out My Conkeldurr, and IT LIVED the hit! Hammer Arm, Dead Hydreigon. Drill was the MVP of the rest. That battle just happened a couple minutes ago, put my headphones in my DS to listen to N's Farewell.

My Final Team:

Zap the Zekrom

Drill the Excadrill

Tae Kwon the Samurott

Weighty the Conkeldurr

Striker the Zebstrika

Zach the Stoutland

So many died. I'm guessing like, 13 or so. maybe 25 in the box.

Deaths during E4: Eagle the Braviary- Mienshao's Crit Rock Slide (Valient soldier. T_T)

Last edited:

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
Okay it's time for me to do a fifth gen one, and my first clean one. My rules are-

-All regular rules
-Stick to the rules no matter what
-No items in battle other then poke balls and ethers
-No items outside of battle other then ethers and tms

So I named myself Nuzlock and picked out a Tepig to use. I named him Monty. Then, on route one I got a lillipup. His name is Larry. After a couple of close calls of not paying attention, I made it to the first battle to N. There, a turn of leer and then a critical hit tackle knocked the Purrloin out for good. After healing up, we went to route two. There, we unfortunately met another Lillipup. U named this one Larre. Thank god it at least had Vital spirit. So right now we are grinding on route 2.

Tepig-lvl7-Monty

Larry-lvl8-Lillipup

Larre-lvl7-Lillipup

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
Okay, continuing on from last time, I got a Pansage from the dreamyard and named it Chives. She didn't last long, and fell to the second gym trainer. Then, I had a tough battle with Cress. I narrowly defeated his Panpour with Larry. Then, I went on to deposit Larre in the daycare.I went farther into the watery cave with Cheren, defeated the team galatic there, and caught a roggenrola and named it Rocky. It had a adament nature and Its gonna be a powerhouse on my team. I went to the next city, without catching another pokemon, because the first patrat Roggenrola killed. So anyways, at Gym leaders Lenoras city, I went to Pinwheel forest first and waited until a wild shaking bush appeared. I caught a throh and named it Champ. We went to the gym and swept through the gym. Finally, Lenoras last pokemon, That evolution of Patrat thingy killed Champ and Larry. Monty just narrowly defeated it with 12Hp. Then, I got Larre out of daycare and caught the grass caterpiller thing. So then I finally got to the next city.

Team

Pignite-Tepig lvl21

Larre-Herdier Lvl20

Munchies- Sewaddle lvl19

Dead

Larry-Herdier

Champ-Throh

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
And now, this is where it gets bad. I came out of the forest, made it all the way to the big ciy, and went to the desert to round my team of to 4 members. Sadly, I didn't catch a Sigilyph, like I want, but a Darumaka. So with another physical fire type under my belt, I go to the battle tower company...there, Larry sadly died thanks to a Munnas psybeam...=,( So after that, I go to the bug gym and burn and conquer...Munchiers had evolved and killed off Burghs Leavanny. Then I go up to Nimbasa City, meanwhile killing off my Maractus catch at the desert resort. In the relic castle, I grabbed the fossil and caught a Yamask and it died soon after...Another one bites the dust. In Nimbasa, I go west and catch a trubbish there and a Minnicho in the east... They are going to be bait and killed soon.... So I spent 4 hours training Darrumaka and it finally evolved... So I easily defeated Elesa without any more deaths.

Team-

Monty-Pignite lvl26

Darwin-Darmanitan lvl 35

Munchies- Swadloon lvl25

Squirt-Tirtouga lvl26

Sparky- Minccino lvl19

Ginger- Trubbish lvl 21

R.I.P (Ranked in order I miss the most)

Champ-Throh

Rocky-Roggenrola

Mikey-Yamask

Larry-Herdier

Larre-Herdier

Chives-Pansage

In box

Aidan- Petilil lvl 21

Last edited:

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
OK, now back to the nuzlocke! I had challenged Lenora and MAN was she easy... I used Arm Thrust on the Herdier and ALMOST killed her. That was good. Herdier then proceeded to use Take Down on me. Now I had to be prepared for the Watchog's Retaliate... I proceeded to use an X Defend to take the Retaliate even better. It really paid off. The Retaliate did only 20 HP of my 86. I killed the Watchog with a Arm Thrust-5. I got the Normal (Cigeratte) Badge! That was when the husband came and I disregarded everything that happened. I found myself getting the Itemfinder (or whatever it's called) and moved into Pinwheel forest with Burgh. I fought the required trainers (the twins and Plasma guy) and proceeded to see who my next member would be. It was the one Pokemon I wanted MOST of all! PETILIL! It's a good Pokemon with access to Quiver Dance making it a threat. Though this Petilil has Own Tempo instead of Chyrophyll but that's alright! I then leveled up Flora up to Level 19 and saved.

TEAM

Peggysu the Pignite @ Lvl. 24

Day Dreama the Munna @ Lvl. 19

Love Bird the Pidove @ Lvl. 19

Flora the Petilil @ Lvl.19

Boxed

Dead

Just started a White Nuzlocke, decided to keep a record. I'm playing a terrible yet direct translation, so my nicknames are limited to 5 characters x.x

Rules:
First catch- Only catch.
Faint- Dead.
Shiny Clause- On.
Dupe Clause- On.
Items- Only allowed to use items given or found on the ground.

I swear, if I beat this thing, I will make a sequel. N-locke style.

-Obtained Oshawott (Asher) female, level 5. Named after my brother's dead Oshawott.
-Beat rivals.
-Caught Lillipup (Ruff) male, level 3. Gonna be boxed when I get a new team member.
-Trained Asher to level 8.
-Arrived in next town.
-Boring tutorial watched :<
-Listened to speech, beat N.
-More updates next time.

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
I finished the events of Pinwheel Forest and went to Castelia City. I walked up the the first dancer and did that sidequest then I talked to everyone in the city and went to the Cafe to get the Lemonade. Walking into the route above I tried to find a Sandile but instead got a Scraggy. I didn't want it so I just kept it in the party as a death auther. Next up was Castelia Gym but I was interrupted by Team Plasma so I did that even first. Now FINALLY it was time to challenge Burgh - The Premier Insect Artist (Looked in my badge case). Getting the Fresh Water and challenging the Clowns in the gym were easy (duh). Now it was time for the real test... Burgh! He started off with his Venipede which I countered with Love Bird. This became a stall war sadly. Air cutter - Poison Tail - Hyper Potion - Roost - Detect - Hyper Potion... It went on and on. I was glad that Burgh finally ran out of Hyper Potions so I could finish him off with a Quick Attack but I was poisoned do to the countless Poison Tails. Next up was Dwebble in which I sent out Day Dreama out. I went with the Yawn for the undodgeable sleep and prepared to heal up from the Struggle Bug(s). However, it didn't because it instead used Faint Attacks which brought me down to half so, now scared I took a Super Potion and healed up. After another Faint Attack (and a Moonlight) I started hitting it with rapid Psybeams and he went down in 4 turns of continuous sleep. Now is was that time for the big daddy (or mommy), Leaveany. I just countered with Peggysu and 2 Flame Charges latter I got the Insect Badge! Exiting the gym, getting the call from Bianca and healing up I headed towards the gate to fight Bianca. Firs up was Love Bird vs her Herdier and I had ANOTHER stall battle. It was the same thing with the Venipede. Day Dreama was up next against her own Munna. Imprioson worked like a champ and Bianca's Munna only lasted 4 turns. Next up was her Servine in which Peggysu made quick work of it. Last was her Panpour which Flora also made quick work of. After the cutscene I saved.

TEAM

Peggysu the Pignite @ Lvl. 24

Day Dreama the Munna @ Lvl. 22

Love Bird the Tranquil @ Lvl. 23

Flora the Petilil @ Lvl. 22

Boxed

Dead

I do not count story event pokemon as being caught on a route and outer pinwheel is separate from inner pinwheel. I also get DW and Event pokemon, but I do not use them in game.

eltigras

yesterday I started a nuzlocke with white. I chose Oshawott and gave him the name nostal. I am already a bit further now because I'm at the fourth gym now.

This is my team at thisoment

Nostal: (Dewott) lvl 25
Alisand: (sandile) lvl 26
Pyro (Simisear): lvl 25
Jets (Gurdurr): lvl 25
Larry: (Blitzle) lvl 25
Reble: (Archen) lvl 25

Dead:

Redeye: (patrat) lvl 13
Snuggles (Liepard) lvl 22

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Out of curiosity, how do you guys cope with the endless grinding in these challenges, especially given the new formula? Do you put something on to distract you from the monotony of it all? What?

Little Miss Sunshine

I like shorts!
- Any pokemon that faints is considered "dead", and will be placed in the PC.
- You may only catch the first pokemon seen on any new route.
- Healing items (aside from hold items) may not be used-- pokemon centers only.
- Revives may be used, but not purchased, to save a pokemon from "death".
- All pokemon must be nicknamed.
- No duplicates.

Dear Diary;
Today's the day! The professor delivered the box this morning, and Cheren, Bianca and I all got our first pokemon! I got first choice, and chose Oshawott after a lot of hemming and hawing. Her name's Chell! Bianca almost beat me with her Tepig because she got a critical hit in early on, but Chell still managed to win in the end!

Cheren wasn't as close of a battle-- but his Snivy does look a lot like him! Mum offered to clean up the mess that we made-- funny, she's never offered to clean up anything of mine before... but it's probably as a farewell gift.

That's right, I'm off on my very own pokemon journey! Cheren and Bianca are coming too, but we're traveling separately. This should be fun!

On my way out of town I ran into a lillipup and caught him! His name's Kingsley, and he's already pretty strong! He likes to eat a lot, that much I know.

I reached the next town and walked in on some sort of public assembly. Free my pokemon, the strange man was saying. Psh, no way! I had just started, I wasn't going to give up now! I found Cheren at the assembly, and was just about to tell him how ridiculous I find this notion, when a green-haired man approached me. I remember what he said, too. "Your pokemon... Just now, it was saying..." Then Cheren had to interrupt, and I never knew. He introduced himself as N. He asked me if I really thought pokemon were happy in pokeballs... and then he wanted to hear my pokemon's voice again!

So he battled me. He only had a purrloin, so it really wasn't too hard. It did take a while, though. I should train up Chell and Kingsley more. But when I won, this N character told me that pokemon were his friends, and he had to change the world for them. Huh. Well... pokemon are my friends, too. But I don't want to free them... that's for sure.

Well, I'm writing this from the pokemon center, so I'm going to wrap this up. I'll write again tomorrow, okay? And expect a lot! This girl is going places!

Toodles!

:501: Chell, lv. 8
:506: Kingsley, lv. 5
Dear Diary;
Wow... so much has happened. I beat the first two gyms... and a little girl lost her pokemon. I ran into Cheren and Bianca a few times, and beat them each time without too much of a hassle!

It's still a sad day, though. I lost my very first pokemon-- Phoebe, my munna-- to N.

That's right, I ran into N once more. He scored a critical hit on my poor pokemon and she went down. And I was mad. I slapped N, and he recoiled like he's never been slapped before. A pretty boy like him, I wouldn't be surprised. But I started crying, yelling at him, and then I started hitting him again. And that's when he said to me:

"Do you not think this would be solved if pokemon were allowed to be free?"

I pulled back, stared at him for a long moment, and then kicked him in the crotch. I left him writhing on the ground outside of the gym before I went into battle Lenora.

I lost a few more pokemon in the gym, probably because I was so distracted by Phoebe's death. I do have a nice little team building up, though-- and when these Team Plasma goons took off with the dragon skull from the museum, I caught my most recent team member-- a venipede named Caesar. Someone named Gorm showed up. I didn't pay much attention to what he had to say.

My pokemon are dead and I don't know if I can do this anymore.

Lenora gave me a moon stone-- a punch to the gut. I cried as I ran over the bridge. But the point is: I'm in Castelia City now, writing this on the sidewalk. I'll update you again tomorrow.

:502: Chell, lv. 21
:507: Kingsley, lv. 22
:532: Cindurella, lv. 22
:513: Dante, lv. 21
:524: Dangoro, lv. 21
:543: Caesar, lv. 19

Deceased
:509: Duchess, lv. 5-7
:517: Phoebe, lv. 10-12
:522: Voltaire, lv. 8-11
Dear Diary;
I met N again. We read a ferris wheel. He doesn’t seem to remember when I kicked him in the crotch. I guess that’s a good thing. He told me we were riding it to see if we could find Team Plasma.

The liar. He is the king of Team Plasma. He told me himself. The funny thing is, it doesn’t repulse me. He told me to just try and stop him, and he leaned in extra close. Funny thing is, I think I will try to stop him. His breath kind of smells like rawst berries. They smell sweet.

In other news, I beat Elesa and I met Alder! He's the champion of Unova, you know. Cheren wondered what he's doing out here, and I guess I kind of wondered the same thing... but I was tactful enough to not ask out loud!

I trekked back a little bit all the way to Relic Castle and got a fossil from a backpacker I met, and then I went even further back to Nacrene City. I certainly got my fair share of exercise! A man gave me a bike, though, so that helped a lot. At the museum (I''m glad to see the skull's back where it belongs) I revived the fossil into an archen! Her name's Petrie, after a movie I watched as a kid.

I'm certainly starting to have a lot of pokemon on my plate... figuratively, of course. But I'm starting to use the PC. I do my best to rotate out who's in my party, of course! But sometimes, I just can't help it.

Well, anyhow. I'm here in Driftveil City now, and I should probably go grab a coat of something. It's really chilly here! I'll update you again tomorrow. Until then, peace!

On Hand
:502: Chell, lv. 30
:572: Alfalfa, lv. 30
:552: Gummy, lv. 30
:513: Dante, lv. 30
:566: Petrie, lv. 25
:545: Caesar, lv. 30

In Storage
:507: Kingsley, lv. 22
:533: Cindurella, lv. 27
:524: Dangoro, lv. 24
:580: Queenie, lv. 24
:547: Whimsy, lv. 30
:556: Myrtle, lv. 20
:585: Bambi, lv. 22

Deceased
:509: Duchess, lv. 5-7
:517: Phoebe, lv. 10-12
:522: Voltaire, lv. 8-11
:574: Yukiko, lv. 19-20
:582: Frenchy, lv. 21-22

Last edited:

auraguardian123

Let's Battle
Been doing a nuzlocke for a week and based on Iris from the anime i follow the rules except 3 of my pokemon are iris but all can die
Day 1
i get otty the oshawott i crush rivals.arrive in accumula town and trade over Iris' axew. Axew kills N's purrloin with 1 dragon rage. Mom gave me running shoes and i went to start grinding otty nearly escapes death and we vs Bianca 1 hit kill both pokemon with dragon rage and arrive in striaton city. I kill Cheren with axew using scratch and dragon rage recieved pansear and went to gym.
CILAN VS NICK
cilan starts out with his lillipup I go for otty soon learning he is not 100% from battling the gym trainers and Otty perished as the lillipup used work up and spammed bite determined to get revenge axew kills with 2 dragon rage and pansage dies with 2 dragon rage.Get trio badge.
CHEREN VS NICK
Axew vs Snivy
Axew dragon rage ,snivy vine whip, dragon rage dead snivy.
Axew vs Purrloin
dragon rage, scratch,dragon rage
saved game here and will post day 2 later

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I've been planning to do a Nuzlocke of White for awhile now, but I'm just now getting around to it (thank you, Kid Icarus!). This is my third Nuzlocke challenge, after Leafgreen and Pearl. Those two were both interesting (Leafgreen final team - Venusaur, Fearow, Sandslash, Slowbro, Lapras, Onix; Pearl final team - Infernape, Roserade, Crobat, Quagsire, Raichu, Medicham), and given how things are going so far, I think this will be a fun one as well. Here's how things are going:

Rules
- If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be boxed permanently.
- You may only catch the first Pokemon met on each route.
- No duplicates.
- If a Shiny appears, screw the rules. That thing's not going anywhere.

Day 1 - April 27, 2012

- I begin my journey in Nuvema Town, same as everyone else. I choose a Tepig as my starter, and am quite surprised to learn that it is a female. I initially considered naming her Miss Piggy, but eventually decided to call her Hestia.
- Hestia shows her stuff and defeats both Bianca's Snivy and Cheren's Oshawott.
- I go through all that other good journey-opener stuff in Nuvema before going to Route 1 and catching my first new Pokemon: A Patrat named Timon. It doesn't take him long at all to catch up with Hestia in strength.
- In Accumula Town, I witness the Team Plasma speech in the square before being challenged to a battle by N. Hestia beat his Purrloin with no trouble.
- Hestia and Timon get quite a few levels up on Route 2. No new Pokemon here, thanks to the stupid Patrat that popped up.
- After arriving in Striaton City and going to the Dreamyard, I receive another new Pokemon: A Pansage named Oscar.
- A lot of training with my team leads to a fairly easy victory over Cress at the Striaton City Gym, though a critical hit from Lillipup reducing Hestia to 4 HP was rather stressful. In the end, it all worked out and I got my Trio Badge.
- I return to the Dreamyard to take on Team Plasma. After beating them, I manage to catch another new Pokemon: A Munna named Morpheus.

So now, I am preparing to head out of Striaton City. My current team is:

:498: Hestia Lv. 12 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Odor Sleuth
:504: Timon Lv. 11 - Cut, Work Up, Bite, Bide
:511: Oscar Lv. 11 - Scratch, Work Up, Lick, Vine Whip
:517: Morpheus Lv. 10 - Psywave, Defense Curl, Lucky Chant, Yawn

Fatalities - None!

Day 2 - April 28, 2012

- Before heading out, I left Oscar at the Day Care to level up so that I could focus on leveling up the others for Lenora.
- I beat Cheren and handled all of the Team Plasma business at Wellspring Cave with no trouble, but Morpheus went and blew everything when he killed the Woobat I found with a critical hit Psybeam.
- And then I find a stupid Patrat on Route 3. This game doesn't want me to get new Pokemon . . .
- I have hereby nicknamed Morpheus "The Destroyer of Worlds" after he killed the Pidove I found in the exterior of Pinwheel Forest.
- While training outside the forest, Hestia evolved into Pignite after defeating a wild Throh.
- I beat N with ease outside the Nacrene City Gym.
- I have suffered my first death, and an unexpected one at that. The first trainer in the Gym had their Patrat use Bide. I thought Timon could beat him before the energy release . . . but he couldn't. As soon as I figured it out, Morpheus came in to take the hit. Unfortunately, not even his defense was enough to hang on . . . and so the Destroyer of Worlds has fallen.
- Hestia wiped the floor with Lenora's team with absolutely no trouble. Then Team Plasma stole the Dragon Skull and it's off to Pinwheel Forest!
- I picked up Oscar from the Day Care. In Pinwheel Forest, I added another Grass-type to my team: A Sewaddle named Sartorius.
- And Sartorius died in battle against a Plasma Grunt's Sandile. He was just one level from evolving, too . . . But Timon evolved in the same battle, so it makes me feel a little better.
- I reached Castelia City and did some serious training, and I evolved Oscar into a Simisage. I next went north to Route 4 and captured Nancy, a Darumaka.
- I handled all of the Team Plasma business within Castelia and defeated Burgh with Hestia. Unfortunately, Nancy was killed in the battle by Burgh's Dwebble.
- I did plenty more training on Route 4 and defeated both Bianca and Cheren. In the Desert Resort, I captured a Sandile and named him Steve. He was killed shortly afterward by a critical hit Air Cutter from a trainer's Sigilyph. On the bright side, while in the Relic Castle, I received a Plume Fossil and captured a Yamask, who I named Elva. I took the fossil back to the museum in Nacrene and had it revived into Archie, an Archen.
- I went on north to Nimbasa and out to the routes to either side. On Route 16, I captured a Minccino named Alvin. In Lostlorn Forest, I was greatly pleased to capture a Lilligant, creatively named Lilly. Lastly, on Route 5, I captured a Trubbish and named her Claire. To make room for six on my team, I left Oscar and Alvin at the Day Care on Route 3.
- Claire put up a brave fight, but she was still killed in battle by a trainer's Roggenrola on Route 4.

Team
:499: Hestia Lv. 25 - Flame Charge, Arm Thrust, Grass Knot, Rollout
:505: Timon Lv. 24 - Super Fang, Crunch, Hypnosis, Cut
:549: Lilly Lv. 24 - Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Teeter Dance, Synthesis
:566: Archie Lv. 25 - Pluck, Rock Smash, Ancientpower, Dig
:562: Elva Lv. 22 - Hex, Night Shade, Thief, Will-o-wisp

Reserves
:512: Oscar Lv. 24 - Seed Bomb, Rock Smash, Bite, Leech Seed
:572: Alvin Lv. 20 - Tickle, Doubleslap, Encore, Swift

Deaths
:517: Morpheus Lv. 10 - 18 - Killed by a Patrat's Bide in the Nacrene City Gym
:540: Sartorius Lv. 15 - 19 - Killed by Sandile's Bite in Pinwheel Forest
:554: Nancy Lv. 18 - 19 - Killed by Dwebble's Smack Down in Castelia City Gym
:551: Steve Lv. 19 - 21 - Killed by Sigilyph's Air Cutter in Relic Castle
:568: Claire Lv. 19 - 20 - Killed by Roggenrola's Rock Blast on Route 4

Day 3: April 29, 2012

- I spent most of my time today just leveling up my team in the Desert Resort and the various facilities in Nimbasa City and its neighboring routes.
- I beat N at the Ferris wheel and went on to challenge Elesa in the Nimbasa Gym. Let's just say that I was horrendously unprepared and I had an incredibly stressful battle. When the battle was done, Hestia had 6 HP, Timon had 4, Archie had 1 . . . and Elva had 0. The battle went like this:

- Hestia started up with Rollout and beat the first Emolga in two turns. However, she took two Aerial Aces in the process and was left with just 6 HP, so I recalled her.
- I send in Archie to try and one-shot the next Emolga with Ancientpower. Unfortunately, that doesn't work and Archie is reduced to 1 HP by Volt Switch. Talk about stressful . . .
- Anyway, I recalled Archie after Elesa sent in Zebstrika and I sent in Elva. For multiple turns, Elesa refused to use anything but Volt Switch. The strategy was good at first, and she tricked me into using Will-o-wisp on her already burned Zebstrika twice. Then I managed to outpredict her and smashed Zebstrika with Hex . . . which only nearly defeated it. Zebstrika then got in a critical hit Volt Switch, killing Elva.
- At this rate, I was only left with Timon and Lilly. No way in hell was I going to use Lilly, where she would have to stand against Aerial Ace and Flame Charge, so I sent in Timon. He took out Zebstrika with one Crunch and had a struggle against the other Emolga, which he eventually beat with Crunch after taking a critical hit Volt Switch and barely surviving.

- So now I'm off to Driftveil City with my team of Hestia, Timon, Lilly, and Archie. I'm considering picking up Alvin from the Day Care before I head out.

Team
:499: Hestia Lv. 27 - Flame Charge, Arm Thrust, Grass Knot, Rollout
:505: Timon Lv. 27 - Super Fang, Crunch, Hypnosis, Cut
:549: Lilly Lv. 26 - Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Teeter Dance, Return
:566: Archie Lv. 28 - Acrobatics, Rock Smash, Ancientpower, Dig

Reserves
:512: Oscar Lv. 29 - Seed Bomb, Rock Smash, Bite, Leech Seed
:572: Alvin Lv. 26 - Tail Slap, Sing, Swift, Encore

Deaths
:562: Elva Lv. 19 - 27 - Killed by Zebstrika's Volt Switch in the Nimbasa City Gym

Day 4: April 30, 2012

- Today started off with a battle with Cheren on Route 5, which I won easily. Same went for the double battle alongside Cheren, which Alder watched.
- While crossing the drawbridge to Driftveil City, I was able to catch a Ducklett, who I named Trump.
- I met Clay in Driftveil City, then went on through to Route 6, where I caught a Karrablast. Her name is Lancer.
- Next I went on down to Cold Storage, where I was lucky enough to find and catch a Vanillite. Her name is Candice.
- I faced the "heartbreaker" Charles in a triple battle using Hestia, Candice, and Lilly, which I managed to win without much trouble.

Team
:499: Hestia Lv. 29 - Flame Charge, Arm Thrust, Grass Knot, Rollout
:505: Timon Lv. 28 - Super Fang, Crunch, Hypnosis, Cut
:549: Lilly Lv. 27 - Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Teeter Dance, Return
:566: Archie Lv. 29 - Acrobatics, Rock Smash, Ancientpower, Dig
:580: Trump Lv. 26 - Bubblebeam, Aerial Ace, Return, Aqua Ring
:582: Candice Lv. 26 - Icy Wind, Mirror Shot, Return, Avalanche

Reserves
:512: Oscar Lv. 32 - Seed Bomb, Rock Smash, Bite, Leech Seed
:572: Alvin Lv. 30 - Tail Slap, Sing, Swift, Charm
:588: Lancer Lv. 22 - Headbutt, Fury Attack, Fury Cutter, Endure

Deaths
:562: Elva Lv. 19 - 27 - Killed by Zebstrika's Volt Switch in the Nimbasa City Gym

Day 5: May 2, 2012

- I started off by temporarily trading Lancer to my Black version team to evolve her into Escavalier. I then traded right back, of course.
- I did some training with my Pokemon at the Nimbasa stadiums and Cold Storage and got some levels on Trump and Candice.
- I defeated Team Plasma in the Cold Storage. Unfortunately, Candice was killed by a Liepard, but she died an awesome death: When Liepard killed her with Fury Swipes, she killed it with the Rocky Helmet she was holding. It was a brave sacrifice . . .

Team
:499: Hestia Lv. 29 - Flame Charge, Arm Thrust, Grass Knot, Rollout
:505: Timon Lv. 28 - Super Fang, Crunch, Hypnosis, Cut
:549: Lilly Lv. 27 - Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Teeter Dance, Return
:566: Archie Lv. 29 - Acrobatics, Rock Smash, Ancientpower, Dig
:580: Trump Lv. 27 - Scald, Air Slash, Return, Aqua Ring

Reserves
:512: Oscar Lv. 32 - Seed Bomb, Rock Smash, Bite, Leech Seed
:572: Alvin Lv. 30 - Tail Slap, Sing, Swift, Charm
:589: Lancer Lv. 22 - Headbutt, Fury Attack, Fury Cutter, Endure

Deaths
:582: Candice Lv. 25 - 27 - Killed by Liepard's Fury Swipes in the Cold Storage

Day 6: May 3, 2012

- I started off doing a bunch of training on Route 6, raising my team up before taking on Clay.
- After receiving a Shiny Stone from the little girl outside Chargestone Cave, I brought Alvin back to the team and evolved him into Cinccino.
- I breezed through the Gym and beat Clay with Lilly and Trump. Trump managed to get two consecutive critical-hit Scalds to OHKO Krokorok and deal a chunk of damage to Excadrill.
- I fought Bianca outside Driftveil City. I won the battle with relative ease . . . but I suffered by far my toughest loss so far. Timon was up against Bianca's Herdier. I hit it first with Super Fang, then took a Take Down, reducing Timon to about 2/3 health. The next turn, Timon hit it with Crunch. Herdier barely survived and used Take Down . . . CRITICAL HIT. Herdier falls to the recoil . . . but Timon falls to the hit. He was a great team member, and he did far better than I ever expected of him. Anyone who says that Watchog is a bad Pokemon doesn't know squat . . .
- My spirits are raised a little after I go into Chargestone Cave and manage to get a Joltik. Her name is Charlotte.

Team
:499: Hestia Lv. 31 - Flame Charge, Arm Thrust, Rollout, Heat Crash
:549: Lilly Lv. 31 - Mega Drain, Quiver Dance, Teeter Dance, Return
:566: Archie Lv. 31 - Acrobatics, Dragonbreath, Ancientpower, Dig
:580: Trump Lv. 31 - Scald, Air Slash, Return, Fly
:573: Alvin Lv. 31 - Tail Slap, Sing, Grass Knot, Dig
:595: Charlotte Lv. 24 - Electroweb, Bug Bite, Return, Volt Switch

Reserves
:512: Oscar Lv. 34 - Seed Bomb, Rock Smash, Bite, Leech Seed
:589: Lancer Lv. 25 - Headbutt, Fury Attack, Fury Cutter, False Swipe

Deaths
:505: Timon Lv. 4 - 29 - Killed by Herdier's Take Down on Route 6

Day 7: May 4, 2012

- First things first, I put Charlotte into the Day Care so she could gain levels to keep up with the rest of the team. I brought Lancer out to the main team in her place.
- I did a crap ton of level grinding in Chargestone Cave. Thanks to the Lucky Egg from Prof. Juniper, I got several levels on all of my Pokemon.
- Unfortunately, this training was not without casualty. Lancer fell to a critical hit Flame Charge from a trainer's Zebstrika. She didn't stay on the main team long, but she did a spectacular job in battle, facing tough odds on more than one occasion and still pulling through.
- I beat N at the end of the cave and reached Mistralton City. There, I finally put my Heart Scales to use and taught some new moves to Alvin.
- I brought Charlotte back to the team and did some extreme training on Route 7. Trump, Archie, and Hestia all evolved during the intense workout. The first Pokemon I encountered was a Watchog, so no new Pokemon. Oh, how I miss you, Timon . . .
- I moved my training program to Celestial Tower. While there, I captured Flicker, a Litwick. I dropped him off at the Day Care as soon as I could. Also, Charlotte evolved into Galvantula during the climb up the tower.
- I went on a massive rampage in the Mistralton Gym, annihilating everything in sight. Archie and Charlotte wiped the floor with Skyla without even taking a hit.
- Next I went back to Route 7 to the exterior of Twist Mountain. Cheren was waiting, but I swept his team with Alvin. Alder then gave me HM Surf, so next I'm off to train in the new areas of Route 1 and the western sea routes.

Team
:500: Hestia Lv. 38 - Heat Crash, Hammer Arm, Scald, Rollout
:549: Lilly Lv. 38 - Mega Drain, Quiver Dance, Teeter Dance, Return
:567: Archie Lv. 38 - Acrobatics, Crunch, Ancientpower, Dig
:581: Trump Lv. 38 - Surf, Air Slash, Return, Fly
:573: Alvin Lv. 40 - Tail Slap, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Sing
:596: Charlotte Lv. 39 - Electro Ball, Signal Beam, Slash, Volt Switch

Reserves
:512: Oscar Lv. 37 - Seed Bomb, Rock Smash, Bite, Leech Seed
:607: Flicker Lv. 27 - Flame Burst, Night Shade, Will-o-wisp, Imprison

Deaths
:505: Timon Lv. 4 - 29 - Killed by Herdier's Take Down on Route 6
:589: Lancer Lv. 22 - 30 - Killed by Zebstrika's Flame Charge in Chargestone Cave

Last edited:

KinShippo

I'd like to start a nuzlocke challenge under a certain set of rules. If I were to post them, would someone be able to tell me if it would still be considered a nuzlocke challenge?