• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

So, while I tried to motivate myself to grind for Elesa in Black, I decided to start a new Nuzlocke on White 2. The rules are essentially the same as in Black.

Because I've used Tepig the past few times and I needed a break from it, I decided to go with Oshawott this time, and nicknamed him 'Joust'. After checking his nature (Brave), I fought my rival 'creatively' nicknamed Vex, and to be honest, had a little bit of difficulty due to Joust's slowness. However, I still managed to defeat him and then left to do tutorial stuff and get my next catch.

It was a Purrloin. Lame. So I nicknamed it Fodder and stored it immediately.

Evidently, though, when I reached Route 20, the good luck that's blessed me in my Black run has forsaken me in White 2, as my first encounter was, of all things... a Sunkern. I mean, yeah, I'll use it for a bit... but it's not going to last long at all, I can tell you that much.

Here, I saved and quit, resolving to train Joust and Pippin next time.

EDIT: I'm going to consider Sunkern a trade evolution for this and trade a Sun Stone over from Black once the Union Room opens up- whenever that is. I have enough work cut out for me making sure that no-one else dies.

Tip's Current Team:
:501: Joust, level 7. Brave nature. Male. (Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun) (Taken from the sport)
;191; Pippin, level 2. Nature currently unknown. Female. (Absorb, Growth) (Derived from 'pip')

Boxed
:509: Fodder, level 4. Unknown nature. (Scratch, Growl) (He's basically going to be death fodder; I hate dealing with Purrloins)

Deaths
N/A

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Next I arrived in Accumula Town and visited the Pokemon Center. Juniper showed me around, then I dashed back outside after healing my team. I then spotted Cheren at the Team Plasma rally and we saw Ghetsis rant, then Team Plasma left and N spoke with us. I fought him and thrashed his Purrloin with Joshua, then N left after talking. I healed again at the Accumula Pokemon Center and now I ran towards Route 2. My mom then showed up and gave me the Running Shoes and I trained on Route 2 against many wild Pokemon. I battled against Youngsters as I headed north towards Striaton City and I soon encountered Bianca and we fought there. I slayed her Lillipup and Tepig quickly, then saved in Striaton City.

501.png
- Joshua Lv. 10
504.png
- Bill Lv. 5

After training Joust to level 9 (I boxed Pippin until I can trade a Sun Stone over), I continued on to Flocessy Ranch and took on Vex once more. Though I won in the end, Joust's lowered speed due to his Brave nature proved to be dangerous, and his Snivy took Joust down to half health before I finally triumphed. Afterwards, I ran into the grass and (to my relief) found an Azurill. I caught it and nicknamed him Duster. So, before I tackle the ranch, I decided to train Duster at least to level 7. Thankfully he has Huge Power!

EDIT: Did a little bit of grinding. Because of how weak my current Pokemon are (darn it, Pippin and Duster!), I'll definitely train Joust to level 17 or 18 before taking on Cheren. This is bringing back semi-bad memories of training a Linoone to level 20 in Sapphire for the first gym...

Tip's Current Team:
:501: Joust, level 13. Brave nature. Male. (Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun) (Taken from the sport)
;298; Duster, level 11. Lonely nature. Male. (Splash, Bubble, Tail Whip, Water Sport) (Named after the fairy Duster from a webcomic I read. Not sure if the forums would censor its name.)

Boxed
:509: Fodder, level 4. Unknown nature. (Scratch, Growl) (He's basically going to be death fodder; I hate dealing with Purrloins)
;191; Pippin, level 2. Hardy nature. Female. (Absorb, Growth) (Derived from 'pip')

Deaths
N/A

Last edited:

Lorde

Now at Striaton City, I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center and I walked through the city and collected items. I visited the the Trainer's School afterwards and gossiped with NPCs, then I battled against my pal Cheren. I managed to defeat Cheren's Snivy and Purrloin with Joshua and afterwards Cheren gave me some Oran Berries. I healed my team again at the Pokemon Center and dashed east towards the Dreamyard. I battled trainers there and then I obtained a free Pansear from a girl and named it Rick. I left to Route 2 and I trained my team until they were leveled up more. I healed at the Pokemon Center again and then I headed for the Striaton City Gym. I wandered inside the dining room and saved.

501.png
- Joshua Lv. 14
504.png
- Bill Lv. 9
513.png
- Rick Lv. 13

I finished grinding Joust for a bit, and as soon as he hit level 16, I took on Cheren. To start the battle off, I set up with a Focus Energy, before starting to hit his Patrat with Water Guns. Surprisingly, although it took two hits to take out, it opted to use Leer rather than use Work Up or deal some additional damage to me. He sent out his Lillipup next, and though I knew it was kind of dangerous to keep Joust in while Leer's effects were still in place, I kind of didn't want to get rid of Focus Energy's effects. Of course, though, I accidentally clicked it again, allowing his Lillipup to set up with Work Up. My next attack was a crit- but Cheren healed on the next turn, so Joust took a hit that brought him down to half-health while I spammed Water Gun. However, I easily took his Lillipup out, winning me the Basic Badge.

I taught Duster Work Up and Return before I saved and quit.

Tip's Current Team:
:501: Joust, level 16. Brave nature. Male. (Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Focus Energy) (Taken from the sport)
;298; Duster, level 12. Lonely nature. Male. (Water Gun, Return, Work Up, Charm) (Named after the fairy Duster from a webcomic I read. Not sure if the forums would censor its name.)

Boxed
;191; Pippin, level 2. Hardy nature. Female. (Absorb, Growth) (Derived from 'pip')

Deaths
N/A

Lorde

So inside of the Striaton City Gym, I defeated the Gym trainers for extra experience and then I spotted Gym Leaders Cilan, Chili, and Cress. I challenged Cilan and he used his Lillipup and I used Joshua against it. I was able to thrash Lillipup with Water Gun and then I switched to Rick in order to fight Cilan's Pansage. It was a tough battle, but eventually Rick's Incinerate attacks defeated Pansage and won the Gym match. I then received the Trio Badge and the Work Up TM as well from Gym Leader Cilan and I left the Gym and healed my darlings at the local Pokemon Center. I met Fennel outside next and she handed me the Cut HM and then I headed for the Dreamyard to help Fennel collect dream mist or something.

501.png
- Joshua Lv. 16
504.png
- Bill Lv. 10
513.png
- Rick Lv. 14

Well, it's been a while since I updated here!

Although I didn't update, I cleared Roxie's gym a few days ago. After progressing to Virbank, I went straight to the outside of the complex and, to my surprise, got a Magnemite as my first encouter. A single Great Ball was enough to capture it. I decided to nickname it Fl047.exe. Inside the Complex, I encountered and captured a Growlithe, which I wasn't too disappointed by, even if I did want something different like an Elekid. Oh, well- I've had plenty of good experiences with my two prior Growlithes, Alder and Mordred, so I don't regret it. I took away from my conventional Growlithe nickname theme and nicknamed it Sora this time. Roxie was basically tanked with FL047.exe. Nothing impressive happened.

After dealing with more Team Plasma shenanigans (which Sora and FL047.exe easily swept through), I progressed to Castelia City, where I got the Bicycle. However, rather than progress the plot, I went north to Route 4 and captured a Mincinno, who I nicknamed Ravio- which I'm certainly pleased about, even if Ravio did almost die the first few times that I used him. He did get better though, thankfully. Shortly after capturing him, my Azurill, Duster, finally evolved into a Marill.

I went to the sewers, did more plot stuff, and captured my next team member, a Zubat nicknamed Memoir. Though I like Crobat, every run I've done recently has involved it, and I'm admittedly starting to get a little sick of it- so I boxed her. Afterwards, I went aboveground and captured my next team member, a Petillil I nicknamed Calla. I trained a little bit before saving and quitting for the day.

I think I'm starting to finally get in the mood for grinding- so my next update will probably be Black again.

Tip's Current Team:
:502: Joust, level 20. Brave nature. Male. (Tackle, Tail Whip, Razor Shell, Focus Energy) (Named after the sport)
;184; Duster, level 20. Lonely nature. Male. (Aqua Tail, Return, Work Up, Charm) (Named after a number of characters all named Duster.)
;081; FL047.exe, level 23. Quirky nature. Genderless. (Thunder Wave, Supersonic, ThunderShock, SonicBoom) (I tried to write 'Float' in whatever you call that number-text lingo, before adding .exe to resemble a computer program.)
;058; Sora, level 20. Serious nature. Male. (Roar, Flame Wheel, Return, Reversal) (Named after the protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts franchise)
:548: Calla, level 20. Relaxed nature. Female. (Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Magical Leaf, Synthesis) (Named after a calla lily.)
:572: Ravio, level 20. Naive nature. Male. (Work Up, Tickle, DoubleSlap, Thief) (Named after the character from The Legend of Zelda)

Boxed:
;042; Memoir, level 15. Calm nature. Female. (Supersonic, Astonish, Bite, Wing Attack) (A deviation of my typical 'Retrospect' nickname for Zubats)
:524: SC, level 18. Quirky nature. Male. (Sand Attack, Headbutt, Rock Blast, Mud-Slap) (Typo. I pressed the wrong buttons when trying to nickname him 'Scuttle' and kept forgetting to change it.)

Last edited:

Lorde

I used Cut at the Dreamyard and gossiped with Bianca. We then saw Team Plasma grunts bothering a Munna and I slayed the grunts. They fled upon seeing Musharna's illusion of Ghetsis. After chatting with Fennel, I left the Dreamyard and got the C-Gear from Fennel in Striaton City and ran to Route 3. I encountered Cheren near the Day Care and thrashed him, then Bianca showed up with some kid who had her Pokemon stolen by Team Plasma. Cheren dashed to Wellspring Cave and I caught a wild Pidove in the grass and named him Robin and ran towards Wellspring Cave too. Cheren and I defeated Team Plasma, then I stayed inside of there to train my Pokemon some more. I saved after 45 minutes of grinding.

502.png
- Joshua Lv. 18
513.png
- Rick Lv. 16
519.png
- Robin Lv. 15

schrouri

It seems nobody is doing a Nuzlocke on 5th Gen... I will post mine, because this is being difficult.

Im using standard nuzlocke rules. But with a new special one to add difficulty. That is, I can not have any pokemon higher level than gym leader's highest level. Without this surely i would be so overtrained with audinos...

Lets start!!

I picked up Oshawott :501: named Uri, battled with my Friends in home and started together our trip through Unova. My first wild encounter was a Lillipup :506:, i managed to catch it and named Vos.
We arrived together to Accumula Town, where we met N first time. He wanted to battle, only had a Purrloin so was an easy victory for me.
On route 2 we caught a Patrat :504: His name was Andy. Starting battling some trainers, trying to avoid as possible going to pokemon center to restore my Friends. We had quite nice battles... And when entering Striaton City i was surprised by Bianca (didnt remember that). So we battle... Really hard battle, and i had no choice than "kill" my friend Andy (RIP :504:) to win and continue with Uri and Vos, who have much more potential.
We did a Little bit of training and went to the school, where Cheren wanted to fight. After the training it was an easy win. We were then to the Dreamyard. After battling with two trainers we found a third person, who gave me a Pansear :513: (I forgot nicknaming it, sorry). I were to the gym, and battled the trainers, but no leader.
We did a Little bit more of training (This game is so hard at the beggining). We had our three pokemon at level 13 (Cilan's Pansage is at 14). It was a really nice battle. Uri toke off the Lillipup, very close battle, and i faced Pansear with Pansage. Icinerate is a really bad move... it was no doing damage. So finally i licked and luckily paralysed it. I continued with icinerate (the most powerful attack...) and my Pansear receive a crit... (RIP :513:) As it was paralysed, Vos could defeat it easily
First badge and two deaths, really difficult game. I went back to the backyard, cut a tree and see Plasma Grunts over the place. Defeat them easily, i was wondering what to catch (I DO NOT COUNT GIFT POKEMON AS CATCHES, pansear for example) i didnt want another Patrat, or Purrloin, but Munna was a good option. I saw a moving grass, and thought, Why not? So, Audino was my new pokemon, named it Lulu :531:
Went to Route 3 after that, defeat some babies with pokemon at the daycare and battled again vs Cheren. Again, Uri defeated Purrloin easily and i let my new capture Lulu defeat Snivy, double slapping till the end of the world.
After that, Bianca apeared with a kid. Team Plasma stole his pokemon, and Cheren and I went to recover it. Plasma grunts attacked all time to Cheren so , a perfect battle for my Nuzlocke. We gave the kid his pokemon and i went to the wild. A Blitzle appeared (And i also forgot to nicknaming it). So Blitzle captured :522:
Then i went to the cave where we fight Plasma, and catch a Roggenrola, i named it Rocky :524:
Continued in route 3, on my way to Nacrene City. There with some trainers' help, Uri and Vos evolved, so we had :502: and :507:

Arrived to Nacrene without any upset. Went to Pokemon center and inmediatly to Pinwheel Forest, try to catch a Fight Pokemon in order to fight Lenora. But things are not always as you expect them, so a Tympole appeared... of course i got it, that Ground type will be good in a future. Named Gamarage :535:

So i had to make an strategy before facing Lenora. I met a girl who gave me Rock Smash TM. I made a Little bit of training outside Pinwheel forest and went to Museum-Gym. N was there, but i was ready for the gym battle, and it was ridiculously easy. Inside the gym i defeated all nerds easy with Vos and Rocky's Rock Smash.
I was so lucky because my Rocky learned Iron Defense (I was level 20, just as her Watchog). I maximized my defense in battle, and rock smashed everybody. When my life was low i gave him Fresh wáter. And of Course Watchog made him to sleep, but it was doing very Little damage to my Rocky with maximized defense. So gg Lenora, and i got my second badge

When battle finished, some plasma grunts came to the museum and stole dragonite's head... With Burgh's "help" we managed to recover it after going through Pinwheel forest (I didn`t catch Pokemon inside cause i got it outside)
So we crossed the forest and arrived to that huge skyarrow bridge. A good man gave the quick claw, inmediatly attached to Rocky.

Arrived to Castelia City and the first thing i did was going to route 4 to see if i was able to catch a pokemon or i had to wait till defeat the gym leader because a Darumaka could be a HUGE help in order to beat the gym.
It was possible, so i went to an encounter. And it was a Scraggy. Not what i wanted, but is a really interesting pokemon. His name was Zuruggu :559:

Then i went to the battle Company to win my Exp.Share. Nice battles!! I did not lose any life, but i was so close a lot of times... Finally got my ítem. Attached it to Zuruggu and after that i went to the gym. But before i had to meet again Team Plasma, this time they stole Bianca's pokemon. Really, Ghetsis loves speaking sooooooo much...

I couldn´t level up more because i was with all pokemon level 21-22 and Burgh's Leavanny is at 23... So i had two main pokemon for this gym. The first one, Rocky with Rock Blast, and the second one and not so strong, Blitzle with Nitrocharge. The trainers of the gym were easy. I can't say the same on Burgh

First battle: Rocky vs Whirlipede, he attacked me and i did Rock Blast (Hit 3 times. With four it was done). Super potion. Again 3 hits... another superpotion, another 3 hits... he attacked me again and left rocky with few HP. The next Rock Blast defeated Whirlipede. And next one was Leavanny
I was planning to use Roggenrola with both Whirlipede and Leavanny, but quick claw didn't work and my luck with rock blast was also very bad.
I sent Blitzle to fight because Rocky was weak without sturdy. He did Struggle Bug and the damage was very low. I did Nitrocharge x4 power, and i did like 40-45% damage, speed busted. I attacked first in next turn. Another nitrocharge, and nearly defeated. But this time he didn't use Struggle Bug. The attack was Razor Leaf so, yes... (RIP :522:)
I sent Zuruggu battle because he could survive to a strong Leavanny attack. With only 5 HP but he did it. Then Leavanny was defeated. INTENSE. But it was not over still. Dwebble was the last one, but i had Uri with full HP. 2 razor Shell and defeated. And i won my 3rg badge!!

After this Bianca called me to battle in route 4. Lulu the Audino returned to my team after Blitzle dead it was very important in the battle. He managed to learn Secret Power and that's a really nice move for Audino. Combined with Atract is a perfcet combo. No special problems...

But Cheren also wanted to fight! and his battle was harder. The only problema was Servine, but what a Problem!! Zuruggu was weak after battling the Liepard, so i had no choice but taking Vos, the herdier, he missed the first attack and i worked up. I was faster so i Bited to see if it flinched. No result, he did Leech Seed. Again Bite, and he attacked. Low damage for me.
Another bite and i didn´t kill it, his HP was in red... Leaf tornado, Crit and Overgrow. Bye bye (RIP :507:) after that the battle was easy with Lulu and my water types that could not battle Servine.

After that i explored the desert a Little bit. Gamarage evolved to :536: and i stopped playing

Current Team:
:502: Uri, the Dewott lv 23
:524: Rocky, the Roggenrola lvl 23
:536: Gamarage, the Palpitoad lvl 25
:531: Lulu, the Audino lvl 21
:559: Zuruggu, the Scraggy lvl 21

Deaths: 4

darknova

Old School Trainer
I started a nuzlocke on my white version a few weeks back that I've been playing on and off and thought I'd start posting it here.
Rules are pretty standard, only catch first pokemon on a route, nickname everything, box a pokemon after they faint
Decided to start with an oshawott (as samurott is probably my favorite gen 5 starter) with a calm nature who I named Jake
On route 1 I caught a level 3 naive lillipup I named shauna, then I trained the both of them until they were level 10.
On route 2 I caught a level 4 bold patrat I named Simon, who I don't plan on using for anything other than possible deathfodder.
Recieved a calm pansear I named Jessie at the dreamyard
Proceeded to train Jake, Shauna, and Jessie until they were level 13-14 then beat Cilan and got our first gym badge without any casualties.
On route 3 I caught a level 10 jolly pidove I named Orie
Went into wellspring cave hoping to use repels until I could get a dust cloud to appear so I could get a drillbur, but failed miserably and instead got a level 11 calm woobat I named (Shiro). At least I've got a psychic type though, right?
Trained on route 3 for a while and ended up needing to use Simon as death fodder during a trainer battle (RIP Simon)
Reached the area outside pinwheel forest hoping to find a fighting type to help against Lenora... instead I found a level 13 bashful tympole I named Rudy.
Trained here for a LONG time to prepare for Lenora getting everyone to level 20-21, during that time though I learned how painful the move bide could be.
During a fight against a level 15 throh I lost Shiro to bide. I had hit it with a confusion and saw that I wouldn't be able to beat it in time to avoid the attack so I restored Shiro to full health and gave him an x-defend and it still one shot him. I couldn't believe it (RIP Shiro)
Evolved Orie to a tranquil during training outside the forest, as well as Jake evolving into a Dewott
Fought Lenora and was able to beat her without any casualties, but it was a close one. That damn watchog of hers hit with hypnosis 95% of the time and got most of my team to under half health and all asleep at one time or another. If I wasn't allowed to use items in the middle of battle, this likely would have been the end of my run.
Went into Pinwheel forest to hunt down team plasma and caught a level 15 quiet Petilil I named Elizabeth (for this run I consider the inside and outside portions of pinwheel forest to be different routes)
Went to Castelia city and got the exp share to help train then faced team plasma across from the gym.
Currently just entered the 3rd gym ready to wreck everything with my pansear who just learned flame burst

Current team as of now:
:502: Jake, the Dewott lvl 23
:507: Shauna, the Herdier lvl 23
:513: Jesse, the Pansear lvl 22
:520: Orie, the Tranquil lvl 22
:535: Rudy, the Tympole lvl 22
:548: Elizabeth, the Petilil lvl 19 (currently holding exp share)

Current Deaths: 2

Hello This Is My First Nuzlocke on Serebii And I Decided To Go With A Black 2 Randomized One. Hope You Enjoy And Read It!

Chapter 1: Watery Beginnings

The three startes that i got were, poliwhirl, tympole, and lotad. Great. I went with poliwhirl and named it Ikeko, which mean "pond baby" in another language, so i thought it fit the hypnotoad. after a ten minute grindy battle against my rival Eli's tympole (which lasted 10 minutes BTW) i headed towards the first route. After Bianca squables on about how to catch a pokemon, i can go catch my own. A Fraxure pops out! I threw 4 Pokeballs at it to catch it, I actually caught it! I named it Kokuri and went to heal. Looked at its moves and it has Dragon Rage, XD. After i went on to see what pokemon the second route can get me. I talked with Alder on the way, who told me to go give a town map to Eli. The first trainer i meet has a Marill. It crits Ikeko knocking it out, I nearly cried. Kokuri dispatches it with a dragon rage and i rush to the pokecenter.

End Chapter 1

Current Team:
Kokuri-Fraxure LVL 4

Dead:
Ikeko-Poliwag

Back for the second installment of this play through so here we go!

Chapter 2: Gwrarrrr!!!!!

As i entered the grass on the second route i was suprised by a Grovile, and assurance and a pokeball later i was naming him. Reptar seemed perfect especially because of sceptile's mega (even though its not in this game). Floeccesy ranch offered me an Elektrik which gave me a scare with a crit paralysis enducing spark on Kokuri, but again a couple of assurances and pokeballs got me the catch. I name it hagish and go heal

Tjman461

i started a nuzlocke on black 2
named my character and was a boy got my starter tepig named porky then learned how to catch a pokemon which i never knew before! (sarcasm) and caught kevin the patrat level 4 then got jenny the sewaddle level 4 on route 20 then got fluffy the mareep level 5 at floccessy ranch. got everyone to level 7 before battling my rival, then battled my rival, then grinded to level 10 (with kevin at level 9) got forced to find a herdier and while looking a youngster said i was unlucky to find him and i was! his patrat got a crit on kevin! r.i.p kevin the patrat level 4-9

Team:
Porky the tepig level 10
Jenny the sewaddle level 10
fluffy the mareep level 10

Dead:
Kevin the patrat level 4-9 (got a crit from a youngsters patrat)

Tjman461

big update: beat roxie, burgh, and elesa, caught blobby the grimer adrian the roggenrola, poo the cottonee (wouldnt let me name it poof), jen charm the darumaka and amy the minccino, casper the yamask, cole the magby, daisy the ducklett, am now in driftveil

Team:
Porky the pignite level 29
Jenny the leavanny level 29
fluffy the flaafy level 29
cole the magmar level 31
casper the friendly yamask level 30
daisy the ducklett level 25

Dead:
Kevin the patrat level 4-9 (got a crit from a youngsters patrat)

Tjman461

guys im quitting the nuzlocke because my pokemon keep dieing and i keep saying i am not counting it because this game is bs so goodbye!

Decided to do a Nuzlocke on Pokemon Black! *applause and cheers are heard*

I just beat N for the first time like... 5 minutes ago. So I've just been training:

:501: Ariel Lv.9 (Oshawott f) Modest, mischievous, Torrent Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun
:506:Manny Lv.8 (Lillipup m) Brave, often scatters things, Pickup Moves: Leer, Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Bite
:504:Buffy Lv.4 (Patrat f) Docile, somewhat vain, Keen Eye Moves: Tackle, Leer

chat

_(:3」∠)_
Doing a nuzlocke in White 2!
Rules:
No duplicate Pokémon, even if the previous duplicate has died.
Trades are allowed only for evolving Pokémon that need to be trade evolved.
No legendaries may be caught. (Unless the story won't let you progress till you catch it, but I still can't use it. I don't remember if that happens in BW2 :p )
I can ignore the catching rules if I encounter a shiny, but I can't use said shiny unless it was the first one I encountered in an area.
The game is locked in Hard Mode! No changing the challenge level.
-
I've picked Tepig as my starter:
Nicknamed Bacon, Male, Hardy Nature, A little quick tempered.
I didn't realize the cruel irony of naming him Bacon until afterwards. Oh well. I hope he doesn't take offense to this. :p
Will edit this post in a few minutes!
STATS:
BADGES: 0
PARTY:
:498: Bacon, Male, Lv.6
BOXED:
N/A
DECEASED:
None :D

I just earned my first badge in my White 2 Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

Following Alder’s recommendation, I decided that I’d start my Unova League Gym Badge quest at the recently-opened Aspertia City Gym. In an interesting twist of fate, it turned out that my hometown’s new Gym Leader was actually one of Professor Juniper’s former Pokédex recipients – and I was set to be his first challenger EVER! After a couple of easy victories against Cheren’s apprentices, it was time to face the man (boy?) himself.

I lead with my primary partner Otto (Oshawott.) Although we hadn’t been travelling together for very long, I’d already grown really attached to this little guy, and he’d definitely proven himself to be a capable battler. Otto demonstrated this battling prowess by defeating Cheren’s first choice, Patrat, with just two “Water Gun” blasts. Unfortunately, things didn’t go quite as smoothly against Cheren’s ace: Lillipup. The Puppy Pokémon managed to out-speed Otto and start by boosting his offensive stats with “Work Up.” Although Otto managed to land a critical hit with his first “Water Gun”, Cheren used his next turn to heal Lillipup with a Potion, after which Otto’s “Tackle” failed to end the match. Lillipup’s “Tackle” hit hard after a single “Work Up” boost; thankfully, I’d equipped Otto with one of the Oran Berries I received from Alder, so he was able to hang in there long enough to finish off Lillipup with two more “Water Gun” attacks.

Otto {Oshawott}
- Lv. 15, Lax, Torrent, Aspertia City
Pussyfoot {Purrloin}
- Lv. 14, Sassy, Unburden, Route 19
Seamster {Sewaddle}
- Lv. 14, Relaxed, Chlorophyll, Route 20
Buoy {Azurill}
- Naive, Thick Fat, Floccesy Ranch
1.) I must catch the first Pokémon that I encounter in each Route/Area and no others. Shinies are an exception.
1a.) Duplicates Clause: I can only catch one member from each evolutionary family. If a Pokémon faints, I cannot catch another member from the same evolutionary family in any future Routes/Areas.
2.) I must nickname every Pokémon that I catch/receive.
3.) I must release every Pokémon that faints.
4.) I can catch/receive Legendaries, but never use them in battle.
5.) I can accept gift Pokémon and use them in battle, if they are the first and only Pokémon that I obtain in that location.
6.) I can equip my Pokémon with any available held items.
7.) I cannot use any healing items during battles (against Trainers or wild Pokémon), apart from any items held by my Pokémon at the start of the battle.
8.) In Gym/Rival/E4/Champion battles, I can only use the same number of Pokémon as the Gym Leader/Rival/E4/Champion.
9.) Battles must always be set to "Set", not "Shift."

Last edited:
I just earned my second badge in my White 2 Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

Unfortunately, it’s not all good news today, as I must report that dear Pussyfoot (Purrloin) was slain by a wild Patrat at the Virbank Complex during some pre-Gym training. I take full responsibility for this tragedy, as I failed to keep track of Patrat’s energy storage during “Bide”, and the resulting blast was far too much for Pussyfoot to withstand.

With Pussyfoot resting in peace, and Seamster (Sewaddle) sporting a natural weakness to poison, I knew that I’d have to rely on Otto (Oshawott) and my new companion Eagle Eye (Patrat) against venomous Virbank Gym Leader Roxie. I decided to send out Eagle Eye first, since I knew he could deal respectable damage with STAB “Return”, which I’d taught him using the TM27 I received from Bianca. Roxie’s first choice, Koffing, went down after two hits, and wasted her only turn dealing minimal damage with “Assurance.” Although I was feeling pretty confident when Roxie’s ace, Whirlipede, appeared on the battlefield, I decided to play it safe and scope out her moves with “Detect.” This wound up saving Eagle Eye from a “Venoshock” strike, and let me know that Roxie wasn’t wasting any time utilizing her signature move. I decided to go on the offensive next, but Roxie caught me off-guard by having her Whirlipede use “Protect.” After that, the match became a head-to-head “Return” VS “Venoshock” showdown. Although Whirlipede proved to be the faster Pokémon, Eagle Eye emerged victorious by clinging on with just 3HP left after two “Venoshock” blasts. As an added bonus, this triumph gave Eagle Eye enough experience to evolve into Watchog, which should make him an especially valuable asset as I head onward to the massive metropolis known as Castelia.

Otto {Oshawott}
- Lv. 19, Lax, Torrent, Aspertia City
Seamster {Sewaddle}
- Lv. 19, Relaxed, Chlorophyll, Route 20
Eagle Eye {Watchog}
- Lv. 20, Brave, Keen Eye, Virbank Complex
Buoy {Azurill}
Pussyfoot {Purrloin}
- Sassy, Unburden, Route 19
- Fell to a wild Patrat at the Virbank Complex
1.) I must catch the first Pokémon that I encounter in each Route/Area and no others. Shinies are an exception.
1a.) Duplicates Clause: I can only catch one member from each evolutionary family. If a Pokémon faints, I cannot catch another member from the same evolutionary family in any future Routes/Areas.
5.) I can accept gift Pokémon and use them in battle, if they are the first and only Pokémon that I obtain in that location.
7.) I cannot use any healing items during battles (against Trainers or wild Pokémon), apart from any items held by my Pokémon at the start of the battle.
8.) In Gym/Rival/E4/Champion battles, I can only use the same number of Pokémon as the Gym Leader/Rival/E4/Champion.

Last edited:
I just earned my third badge in my White 2 Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

Fortunately, my time exploring Castelia City has been fatality-free, even after an altercation with some Team Plasma Grunts. I've also met some new travelling teammates during my big-city sightseeing adventures: Nibbles (Rattata, who evolved into Raticate after battling against members of the Game Freak staff) and Cupid (Woobat, who evolved into Swoobat after battling aboard the luxurious Royal Unova.)

I decided to put my new friends to the test against Castelia Gym Leader Burgh, a world-renowned artist and Bug Pokémon aficionado. Nibbles inflicted significant damage on Burgh’s first choice, Swadloon, with just one STAB “Return”, before finding herself on the receiving end of a “String Shot.” Burgh used his next turn to completely heal Swadloon with a Hyper Potion, which meant Nibbles had to unleash another “Return” and “Crunch” to seize the first victory. Burgh’s second choice, Dwebble, demonstrated even greater resilience than Swadloon, partially thanks to his resistence to Normal-type moves. While Nibbles hammered away at Dwebble’s health with “Return”, he amped-up his speed with “Rock Polish” before firing off two “Smack Down” blasts. Nibbles barely managed to withstand these attacks before finishing off Dwebble with “Crunch”, so it was imperative that I withdrew her as soon as Burgh unleashed his ace: Leavanny. With Burgh’s strongest ally on the field, I knew it was time to reveal my secret weapon: Cupid. Although Leavanny’s “Razor Leaf” landed a critical hit as Cupid switched in, Cupid was fast enough to strike first the next turn and tore Leavanny to shreds with a single “Air Cutter.”

Otto {Oshawott}
- Lv. 25, Lax, Torrent, Aspertia City
Seamster {Swadloon}
- Lv. 25, Relaxed, Chlorophyll, Route 20
Eagle Eye {Watchog}
- Lv. 25, Brave, Keen Eye, Virbank Complex
Nibbles {Raticate}
- Lv. 26, Bashful, Run Away, Castelia Sewers
Cupid {Swoobat}
- Lv. 25, Timid, Unaware, Relic Passage
Buoy {Azurill}
Corsage {Petilil}
- Jolly, Chlorophyll, Castelia City
Pussyfoot {Purrloin}
- Sassy, Unburden, Route 19
- Fell to a wild Patrat at the Virbank Complex

Last edited: