• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen OU RMT

Ai7iS

Head Forum Moderator
This is my only OU team, and I have been using it on PO for a while now. It has worked pretty well, I just want all of your opinions and suggestions to iron out the mistakes and make the team as good as it possibly can be. Here is a quick glance at my team (all images are from http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/national):

machamp.png
ferrothorn.png
hydreigon.png
magnezone.png
gliscor.png
jellicent.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

machamp.png

Machamp (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Payback
This guy is a designated physical sweeper with moves selected for coverage. I took one guys solution to put in Ice Punch over Stone Edge because of my fear of having a team that can be destroyed by Dragons. I'm still unsure of his ability to take down most Dragons, as I have not yet tested it, but it gives that similar coverage that I was looking for with Stone Edge. Bullet Punch is for priority. Payback is to hit Ghost switch-ins and Psychics if needed. Dynamic Punch is a destructive Fighting type STAB move that, with No Guard, helps to make this guy a beast. I generally do not lead with this guy. His EVs are selected to make him be able to take some hits and give him max Attacking power.

ferrothorn.png

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 138 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
This guy is so defensively capable it is amazing. He is my wall and his use is to set up entry hazards. Leech Seed sucks the life out of my enemies, while Power Whip and Gyro Ball is for STAB. I have had suggestions to put Protect on him, but I don't think it is necessary because leftovers and Leech Seed will usually get the job done without stalling. His EVs are selected for maximum Defense, and equal Sp. Def and Def.

hydreigon.png

Hydreigon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
Hydreigon is one of my Special Sweepers. Choice Scarf is to speed him up, and his moves are selected for coverage. Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are for STAB. Draco Meteor is also one of my only hopes for taking down Dragon types. That being said, it is another important reason for the Choice Scarf; I need to be able to outrun other Dragon types. Suggestions for improvements on this guy are welcome. I do not know if I would be able to put on Specs and still outrun other Dragons, or, as an alternative, make my nature Modest, and still be able to outrun Dragons. U-turn has been taken out from his moves because with Choice items I don't think it will be of much use.

magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Air Balloon/Chople Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
- Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute/Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
This is another one of my special sweepers. I found a similar setup on a friend RMT, and I used it with a few possible alterations. I am still debating between Charge Beam or Thunderbolt. Charge Beam is in hope of a lucky Sp. Atk. raise, while Thunderbolt is for a more powerful, and more accurate STAB move. Magnet Pull, HP fire and Substitute is to deal with the common Steel types running around OU now (Scizor, Ferrothorn, etc...). Flash Cannon is another STAB. His items are also debatable. Air Balloon save him from the 4x effective Ground moves, while Chople Berry is to make the power of Fighting weakened. I feel that the weakness to Fighting type attacks in my team may be a more important thing to address then his double weakness to Ground. It would be easier for me to switch into a Poke who can handle Ground attacks.

gliscor.png

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics/Aerial Ace
- Fling/Ice Fang
- Ice Fang/Swords Dance/Protect
- Earthquake
Another sweeper. I realize these moves are options over Ice Fang, but I am still worried about my weakness to DD'ing Dragons. I might change it with more suggestions to, but Ice Fang is great for Coverage. It is also another option to choose an alternative moveset like the ones that are shown (the move set I am currently using is underlined). This guy could use some suggestions, but right now I think it may be best to just get rid of the fling idea =(. Anyways, his current moveset is selected for STAB, coverage, and Flinging toxic at people while laughing. Unfortunately, I rarely fling the orb at them anyways, so I don't get to laugh, and I feel that I should change the moveset. His EVs are because I read somewhere that it gives him the best possible defenses while still having max attack EVs.

jellicent.png

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 46 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
My last guy at last. He is a wall, only a wall, really. His EVs are for Defense, and Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attacker as was suggested by a rater. Thank You! Water Absorb makes him great to switch into on Water attacks, so I can get a handy Sp. Atk boost. Recover is to, well, recover.... Surf over Scald b/c I have Will-O-Wisp and it makes for a more powerful STAB bonus, and move overall. Hex gets a boost when guys are burned, so it is more powerful then Shadow Ball in a way.

Changes will be made in BOLD, and, just for fun, you can also suggest nicknames for my Pokes. This is just for a fun side thing to do. Please only suggest nicknames if you also rate my team, as this thread is primarily for RATINGS. Thank you to everyone who rates.

Last edited:

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
Comments in Bold. (Fantastic team btw)
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def., 192 Sp. Def., 64 HP
Nature: Relaxed
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

I thought Ferrothorn would be a fun guy to use. I have a relaxed nature to help with his main use, be a wall and set up stealth rock. Leech Seed heals him while his defenses absorb damage. Gyro Ball because his terrible speed and Power Whip for a strong STAB.

I love Ferro myself and this is a nice set. Spikes could possibly replace SR, but both are about the same in usefulness. The EV's look a little funky; but I'm not an expert in EVs, so I'm not sure if these are standard or not

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Timid/Naive
-U-turn
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Surf

Switch to this guy to give deliver major damage. His moves are selected specifically for good coverage. Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse are for STAB. He is basically a classic Hydreigon.

Another perfect set, although you might want to use a Naive nature, so U-Turn actually does some decent damage as he switches out.

Espeon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Bounce
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This guy used to be Mr. Mime. This guy is really open for suggestions. Anyways, his moves are for coverage. Calm Mind is to give him a boost, then I start to try and sweep.

Nothing wrong with this at all. Wouldn't change a thing. Just make sure you're good with Predicting when to switch him in, as he's kinda frail and one misprediction can cause an OHKO for the little guy.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Attack, 156 HP, 100 Def.
Nature: Impish
-Fling
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Swords dance/Protect

This guy is to attack while still having good defense. I found out somewhere that these EV’s give him the best possible defense while having attack maxed out. Ice Fang is to deal with dragons and opposing Gliscor.

AcroFling Gliscor is a beast and carries some nice resistances with him. Ice Fang provides some nice coverage, however Swords Dance can boost his Attacking power even higher, or protect for extra stalling.

Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover

He was originally Dusclops, but I changed him to this. His job is to absorb fire attacks directed towards ferrothorn and water attacks. Toxic and then recover to annoy. I might change Taunt to Shadow Ball for STAB. Scald is for STAB. I didn't choose Scald because of Toxic.

I think it would be a good idea to change out Taunt for Shadow Ball, as he's so slow that the opponent with get in the Status, Entry Hazard, or Stat Boost it needs and the be able to switch out or sweep.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Attack, 156 Sp. Def., And 100 Speed
Nature: Adamant
-Dynamic Punch
-Stone Edge
-Bullet Punch
-Payback

I chose this guy because he excels in attack, I wanted a fighting guy and his ability is insane. Dynamic Punch is epic with No Guard. Stone Edge is also guaranteed to hit with No Guard and it will deal with the flying types. Bullet Punch is a move to quickly kill a guy at low HP before he can attack me. Payback is to hit the ghost and psychic types hard.

No changes at all, except for maybe putting the Speed EVs into HP, as he isn't going to be outspeeding much anyway.

Cissinho

Good team... i can´t see so much changes to do, but change Toxic for Will-o-wisp in Jellicent... since Jellicent has good bulk, with WoW you can cripple physical attackers and made Jellicent stand for more time

Aldieb

So let us look at this team one by one first...

1. Ferathorn - Overall its a good choice for a wall, ut the ev sread is off. I would sujet maxing out is HP and focusing on phisical defenses. Ferathorn can be a special wall, but that works best in rain where fire attacks are weakened. I would also recomend running Protect inplace of Power Wip. This would help when facing choiced pokes such as Latios and Sazandora, and work well with leach seed for aditional healing (since that is its only method of recovery outside o lefies).

2. Hydreigon (Sazandora) - This set is fine, though a part of me wants to recoend Specs inplace of choice scarf. I also must note that out of your ntire team this is the only poke really capabl of dealing with Reuniclus, something that needs to be adressed.

3. Espeon - No matter how hard you try, Espeon isnt a sweeper (outside of a bpass team where it may use Stored Power). Espeon and Xatu are icluded inteams for their Magic Bounce ability, mainly to prevent entry hazard set up, set screens, etc. Since your other pokes dont have issues with entry hazards, this seems a wasted slot.

4. Gliscor - For the most part its fine, tough as sujested by the person before me Protect or Sword Dance could replace the Ice Fang. I am a bit concerned though since this is the only poke acting as a possible sweeper for you.

5. Jellicent - Recover and Toxic are good choices, but I would replace Taunt with Shadow Ball for stab, and because with his speed he will have trouble making use of taunt regardless (While taunt IS of use in some cases, most pokemon outsped Jellicent, making it situational). If you change Ferathorn to a phisical wall I would recomend furter chaning this one to be a special. Even with max defence he cant take phisical hits all that well, and if Scald is used over Surf the burn chance can replace the lost defences.

6. Mochamp - Replace Stone Edge with Ice Punch. You lose the coverage against Gyarados, but that is incredibly rare at the moment, and it helps if you need to hit a Gliscor. Move the speed evs into HP, since he wont outrun anyone regardless.

A few other notes... Looking at your team I see nothing that Mamoswine wouldnt be able to reliably go through. Mochamp can take a hit, but even so takes heavy damage, and relies on Mamoswine to stay in to finish it off. Thunderus, Landorus, and Venasuar can also do a number on your team. You have little to deal with sun or rain, and your options against sand are limited. You need to decide wether you are going to stall, or try and set up a sweeper.

If you decide on the former, you need to introduce a group of wlls to your team that provide good coverage of eachother (such as Skarm/Bliss/Jelli combination). If the latter you need to add sweepers with good coverage and abilities which allow them to function in multiple weather conditions (such as Agi Zapdos). At the moment your team would be taken apart by most weather, as the pokemon on it do nothingto assist eachother.

Good team... i can´t see so much changes to do, but change Toxic for Will-o-wisp in Jellicent... since Jellicent has good bulk, with WoW you can cripple physical attackers and made Jellicent stand for more time

If you insist on keeping Surf over Scald this advice is actualy a good idea. However if you drop Power Wip on Ferrathorn at the same time, I wouldnt recomend it since it leaves you with nothing to deal with such things as Quagzire (unless ofcourse you manage to hit it with a Fling from Gliscor, which isnt something you want to rely on).

Last edited:

Ai7iS

Head Forum Moderator
Bump. I would like some more imput after some major improvements.

Last edited:

DarkForce

Unknown Trainer
This is a really solid team. Despite your fighting weakness this team can probably sweep very well if used properly. I'd go Air Balloon on Magnezone for a free ground switch in, and you can also sernd it out against a Steel type you know is gonna EQ you. Magnet Pull cant make him escape so HP fire all the way. Thunderbolt over Charge Beam for more reliable power, since you cant always depend on a SAtk boost. Substitute is obvious.

For Gliscor, he's got 125 Base def so, IMO, focus more on speed for sweeping capabilities. Fling > Ice Fang to poison the opponent or at the least get rid of your item so Acrobatics get full power + STAB. That third slot is your choice really, Ice Fang gets you coverage against the Dragons, SD doubles Scor's already high attack and Protect stalls Toxic Heal.

Some nicknames:
Machamp: Hulk (it would be better if you got Shiny)
Ferrothorn: Spikey
Hydreigon: Trydra
Magnezone: Magneto
Gliscor: Scar
Jellicent: Shadley

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
if you make the changes others suggested the only problem i see is synergy,as much as i depise weather teams their synergy is what makes them so deadly. im not suggesting a weather team but show me how this team works together and ill admit im wrong

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
This is my only OU team, and I have been using it on PO for a while now. It has worked pretty well, I just want all of your opinions and suggestions to iron out the mistakes and make the team as good as it possibly can be. Here is a quick glance at my team (all images are from http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/national):

machamp.png
ferrothorn.png
hydreigon.png
magnezone.png
gliscor.png
jellicent.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

machamp.png

Machamp (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Payback
This guy is a designated physical sweeper with moves selected for coverage. I took one guys solution to put in Ice Punch over Stone Edge because of my fear of having a team that can be destroyed by Dragons. I'm still unsure of his ability to take down most Dragons, as I have not yet tested it, but it gives that similar coverage that I was looking for with Stone Edge. Bullet Punch is for priority. Payback is to hit Ghost switch-ins and Psychics if needed. Dynamic Punch is a destructive Fighting type STAB move that, with No Guard, helps to make this guy a beast. I generally do not lead with this guy. His EVs are selected to make him be able to take some hits and give him max Attacking power.

ferrothorn.png

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 138 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
This guy is so defensively capable it is amazing. He is my wall and his use is to set up entry hazards. Leech Seed sucks the life out of my enemies, while Power Whip and Gyro Ball is for STAB. I have had suggestions to put Protect on him, but I don't think it is necessary because leftovers and Leech Seed will usually get the job done without stalling. His EVs are selected for maximum Defense, and equal Sp. Def and Def.
while leech seed lefties is helpful, so is doubling up on entry hazards. Its a debatable suggestion but since none of your pokes are banded/spec'd, it could help with some vital K0s.

hydreigon.png

Hydreigon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
Hydreigon is one of my Special Sweepers. Choice Scarf is to speed him up, and his moves are selected for coverage. Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are for STAB. Draco Meteor is also one of my only hopes for taking down Dragon types. That being said, it is another important reason for the Choice Scarf; I need to be able to outrun other Dragon types. Suggestions for improvements on this guy are welcome. I do not know if I would be able to put on Specs and still outrun other Dragons, or, as an alternative, make my nature Modest, and still be able to outrun Dragons. U-turn has been taken out from his moves because with Choice items I don't think it will be of much use.

magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Air Balloon/Chople Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
- Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute/Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
This is another one of my special sweepers. I found a similar setup on a friend RMT, and I used it with a few possible alterations. I am still debating between Charge Beam or Thunderbolt. Charge Beam is in hope of a lucky Sp. Atk. raise, while Thunderbolt is for a more powerful, and more accurate STAB move. Magnet Pull, HP fire and Substitute is to deal with the common Steel types running around OU now (Scizor, Ferrothorn, etc...). Flash Cannon is another STAB. His items are also debatable. Air Balloon save him from the 4x effective Ground moves, while Chople Berry is to make the power of Fighting weakened. I feel that the weakness to Fighting type attacks in my team may be a more important thing to address then his double weakness to Ground. It would be easier for me to switch into a Poke who can handle Ground attacks.

gliscor.png

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics/Aerial Ace
- Fling/Ice Fang
- Ice Fang/Swords Dance/Protect
- Earthquake
Another sweeper. I realize these moves are options over Ice Fang, but I am still worried about my weakness to DD'ing Dragons. I might change it with more suggestions to, but Ice Fang is great for Coverage. It is also another option to choose an alternative moveset like the ones that are shown (the move set I am currently using is underlined). This guy could use some suggestions, but right now I think it may be best to just get rid of the fling idea =(. Anyways, his current moveset is selected for STAB, coverage, and Flinging toxic at people while laughing. Unfortunately, I rarely fling the orb at them anyways, so I don't get to laugh, and I feel that I should change the moveset. His EVs are because I read somewhere that it gives him the best possible defenses while still having max attack EVs.

jellicent.png

Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 46 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
My last guy at last. He is a wall, only a wall, really. His EVs are for Defense, and Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attacker as was suggested by a rater. Thank You! Water Absorb makes him great to switch into on Water attacks, so I can get a handy Sp. Atk boost. Recover is to, well, recover.... Surf over Scald b/c I have Will-O-Wisp and it makes for a more powerful STAB bonus, and move overall. Hex gets a boost when guys are burned, so it is more powerful then Shadow Ball in a way.

Overall it seems like a well balanced team. You aren't haunted by shedinja, blissey, or ferrothorn. good job :D

Kerosene

Super Palkia
I have a few suggestions- Keep taunt on your Jellicent- It needs it to eliminate the threat of CM reuniclus. After a few CMs, Reuniclus can tank through Hydreigon's Dark Pulses and Jellicent's Hexes and kill them, and then your team is pretty screwed. Also, To give your team even more synergy, you could replace your Magnezone with Heatran to eliminate steel types or be specially defensive and take Fire moves.