• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
After doing everything in Striaton City, I headed over to the Dreamyard. Shortly after entering, Latios flew up to me before flying away.
…totally forgot that Latios was a thing in this game. Anyway, I figured that I should go catch it so I left briefly in order to buy some Dusk Balls. Once I was stocked up, I returned to the Dreamyard and started chasing Latios around. Eventually, I was able to fight it. My Ludicolo weakened it quite a lot using Ice Beam and Giga Drain, though I was only able to safely get it to low yellow HP. Then, I sent in my Rotom and used Thunder Wave a couple times (Psycho Shift >_>). After that, I captured Latios after only 3 or 4 Dusk Balls.

When the battle was over, I found a Soul Dew and put it in my bag. I will explore the rest of the Dreamyard later.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've restarted White version and chose the female playable character. I gossiped with Cheren and Bianca in my bedroom next and I chose Oshawott as my first Pokemon. I then defeated Cheren's Snivy and Bianca's Tepig and I spoke with my mom downstairs and got the Xtransceiver. I visited Bianca's home next and saw her dad picking on her, then I visited Prof. Juniper's place. Cheren, Bianca, and I got a Pokedex from Prof. Juniper and next she wanted us to meet her on Route 1. My mom showed up outside afterwards and handed me a Town Map, then Juniper taught me how to catch wild Pokemon on Route 1 and I got Poke Balls. I walked to Accumula Town and caught a wild Lillipup along the way and saved next.

Kalosian

So long
Black: Trained Kyurem a little further by battling some more Nimbasa Trainers. It grew to level 95, which was my goal for it, so I am not going to train it any further now.

White: Here, I trained the two last members of my E4 rematch team. They grew a level each and are now both at level 82 like the rest.

Next up on Black & White, I am going to train both of my E4 rematch teams to level 85. All members of both teams are currently at level 82 so this shouldn't take too long to get done, it should be over in a few days.

Going to post the teams and their current status as well, just for fun:

Black team:
;122; ;210; ;222; ;357; ;448; :596: - level 82

White team:
;119; ;262; ;292; ;330; ;454; ;455; - level 82

Aquarelle

Staff member
When I was done with Latios, I walked over to some stairs and headed into the basement of the Dreamyard. There were several trainers walking around, so I talked to all of them and battled them all. After that, I went up a different set of stairs that took me to the lower half of the surface part of the Dreamyard. I battled a few more trainers before pushing a Strength boulder into a nearby hole.

After that, I was done with the Dreamyard so I headed back into Striaton City. I healed my Pokemon and then went back to Route 3. I didn't go through Wellspring Cave earlier and wanted to go through it before continuing on to the next town, so I went over to the cave and went inside to start exploring.

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the training today. Battled Cheren, Bianca, Morimoto, the six trainers on the Royal Unova and all trainers at the Nimbasa Stadiums. It went pretty well for the most part, there were no major problems along the way. The levels I got my teams to confirms that I will be able to get all members of both of them to level 85 tomorrow, which is great. It went notably faster and easier to train the team on White compared to Black which is strange as I had expected them to be about even in that regard. But it doesn't really matter, they will all be done tomorrow anyway.

Black team:
;122; ;210; ;222; ;357; ;448; :596: - level 83-84

White team:
;119; ;262; ;292; ;330; ;454; ;455; - level 84

Lorde

So I finally arrived in Accumula Town and I sashayed towards the Pokemon Center. Prof. Juniper was inside and I healed my team, then I walked outside and saw Cheren at the Team Plasma rally. We heard Ghetsis babble and then Team Plasma left and N confronted us. I battled against him and crushed his Purrloin, then N left after muttering stuff. I healed my team again at the Pokemon Center, then I walked to Route 2. My mother soon appeared and she gave me the Running Shoes. I level grinded on Route 2 against wild Pokemon, then I fought against trainers as I dashed north to Striaton City and I encountered Bianca and we fought each other. I beat her Lillipup and Tepig with Oshawott, then saved in Striaton City.

Kalosian

So long
Did even more training today. On Black, I battled all Nimbasa Trainers, Bianca, Cheren, Morimoto and some wild Pokemon. On White, I battled some Nimbasa Trainers, Bianca, Cheren and Morimoto. This was enough to get all members of both teams to level 85, so this is now done. I don't think I'll ever train these teams more in the future so I consider them completely done now.

End result:

Black team:
;122; ;210; ;222; ;357; ;448; :596: - level 85

White team:
;119; ;262; ;292; ;330; ;454; ;455; - level 85

I have done all I wanted to do on Black & White for now but I'll probably play the sequels for a bit and do some minor things in them as well. Not exactly sure about what though. Will start on it sometime next week either way.

Lorde

So I strutted into Striaton City and I quickly healed my darlings at the Striation City Pokemon Center. Next I walked around and visited the Trainers' School and spoke with the students and then I battled Cheren who was there too. I somehow thrashed both his Snivy and Purrloin with my Oshawott and then Cheren gave me some Oran Berries. I healed my darlings at the Pokemon Center again and waltzed over to the Dreamyard. I battled a few trainers there and then I got a Pansear from a girl in the corner. Afterwards, I sprinted south to Route 2 and I trained my team until it was leveled up properly. I healed at the Pokemon Center again and then I wandered to the Striaton Gym and saved my game inside the restaurant.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Spent some time exploring Wellspring Cace. On the first floor, I Surfed around on a lake and got into a couple of battles. Then, I headed down to the lower level. There were several more trainers down there, so I fought them too. They were quite tough and I had to use some of my healing items on my Pokemon after each battle. While looking around, I found several items, including the TM for Focus Blast, which I taught to my Emboar since it needed another attacking move.

Once I was done with Wellspring Cave, I returned to Route 3 and headed back to Striaton City for a while. Then, I headed down to Route 2.

Kalosian

So long
Played Black 2 and White 2 a bit today. Not sure what I should do on them though, so I have decided to just train some Pokemon for the time being.

Black 2: Withdrew my Zoroark and gave it a Lucky Egg. Went to the Nimbasa Stadiums and battled a few trainers, it grew from level 89 to level 90. Not going to train it any further, though I have other Pokemon to train.

White 2: Withdrew my Latias and gave it a Lucky Egg. Battled some trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums, Latias grew two levels, from level 86 to 88. Will continue training it a little bit more.

Flamer

Picked up White for the first time in ages to get some Pokemon for my Pikachu Cup team. Turns out I already had a usable Stunfisk and Joltik, so that left me with just Emolga to go catch. Took me a while to find one, kept getting Audino from the shaking patches instead, but finally managed to find one on route 6 after about 20 minutes for searching. Did catch a bunch of other Pokemon that are much easier to get in White than AS to be transferred over too.

Kalosian

So long
Black 2: Deposited Zoroark as I was done training it. Withdrew my Latios instead and gave it a Lucky Egg. Battles several trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums as well as two wild Pokemon on Route 1, Latios grew from level 88 to 90. Will not train it any further.

White 2: Continued training Latias. Battled most of the trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums. Latias grew to level 90, so I will not be training it any more.

Will probably continue training some more Pokemon before I am done, also got some other minor things to do, will start with doing one thing tomorrow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did some exploring today, starting with Route 2. I walked around and picked up several items, then defeated all the trainers. Once that was done, I entered a Hidden Grotto and found a NidoranF in it. I battled the Nidoran and immediately threw a Dusk Ball at it, which caught it.

Next, I reached Accumula Town. I didn't spend too much time there, just talked to everyone I saw and healed my team. Then, I headed onto Route 1 and battled a couple more trainers. Shortly after that, I entered Nuvema Town and began looking around. I visited Cheren and Bianca's houses, then went into the BW player's house and stole a King's Rock from their room. Finally, I stopped by the lab, where Prof. Juniper evaluated my Unova Dex and Cedric gave me a Super Rod.

Kalosian

So long
Black 2: Obtained and bought some items in my Join Avenue, also bought berries from the breeder on Route 5. Then I went out to Route 4. Found the Mandibuzz hiding behind a fence and caught it.

White 2: Did the same daily events as on Black 2, then I went to Undella Bay. I caught the Jellicent that was lurking in the seas at Undella Bay. It wasn't all easy to catch as I had no way to weaken it (my post-game team is way too strong, it would have fainted immediately after just one attack) so I had to catch it at full health, it took several balls before I got it.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I returned to Route 1 and Surfed over to the other section of the route. From there, I entered the gate connecting to Routes 17 and 18. I spent quite some time exploring those two routes. On Route 17, I battled some Swimmers and Fishermen while trying to get through the fast moving currents. On Route 18, I had a few more battles, talked to the always awesome Crasher Wake, and found a Magma Stone.

After doing everything on R. 17 & 18, I arrived at the P2 Laboratory. I went inside the lab for a sec and found a Dubious Disc there. Then, back outside I saw the Plasma Frigate sitting right by the shore and decided to go onboard.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In my White, I was looking for a shiny Altaria in the wild by random encounter. It is going to take a long time, probably more than a month, to do this. So far, no shiny. Then I saved there, at Route 14.

Kalosian

So long
Black 2: Withdrew my Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion. Trained them a bit by battling all the Nimbasa Trainers, my Rival at Driftveil City, and the Striaton brothers. The legendary trio were at levels 85-86 when I started, and I got them all to level 87. Will continue training them a little further.

White 2: Like on Black 2, I withdrew the three Swords of Justice and trained them by battling the Nimbasa Trainers and the Striaton brothers. The situation is the same as on Black 2, they were at levels 85-86 when I started and I got them all to level 87. They will be trained a little more.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got back onto my White again and kept riding on my Bicycle to find a Shiny Altaria. I have an Illuminate Starmie at the lead, combined with the Bicycle, increases encounter rates by a lot. Currently, no shiny, so I saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Back on the Plasma Frigate, I wandered around for a little while before running into Colress again. I talked to him and then had another battle with him.
The battle was pretty disastrous for me, honestly. Colress's team was very annoying with things like Sturdy, Thunder Wave, and Volt Switch. Also, he scored an unusually high number of critical hits on my Pokemon. That caused like half of my team to faint at one point or another, so I had to use a lot of Revives and other healing items. Really annoying.

Anyway, even though I had a rough time, I still won the fight of course. My Tauros defeated Magnezone and Rotom, while Emboar took down Klinklang, Metagross, and Magneton. My Sigilyph apparently killed Beheeyem according to the notes I took, but I honestly can't remember that part...

Once the battle was over, Colress gave me a Master Ball, which was a pretty great prize. I then left the ship and headed to a Pokemon Center to heal my badly hurt team.