• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
I played Black 2 for the first time in a while today. Before I restart the game, I want to make sure I've done everything I want to do on my current file, and transfer/trade the Pokemon I want to keep to other games.

Today, I checked my B2's PC and found some Pokemon to transfer to Pokemon Bank. Mostly legendary Pokemon, but also the shiny Gible from clearing the Black Tower. Anyway, I placed all the Pokemon I wanted to transfer in Box 1, and then sent them to Bank via the Poke Transporter.

Aside from that, I also spent some time just exploring throughout the game. It'd been a while since I'd seen the Black 2 version of areas like Route 4 and Reversal Mountain, so I visited them. I also discovered that I never went to Unity Tower despite being able to, so I sailed there from Castelia.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Been some weeks since my last posting. Finally finished White or at least my standards of ‘finishing’. Probably won’t touch it again till I trade/transfer ‘mons.

My W2 run has been quite eventful. Current team:

S. Swanna (Swanna)
H. Birdman (Braviary)
Jillybean (Axew)
Cubchoo
Croagunk

Last member is looking to be Tangrowth. Hoping I get blessed with one from a Hidden Grotto, we’ll see. Again this team is comprised of Pokémon I haven’t used this generation and/or in general.

Join Ave is on Rank 4 with my Dojo, Raffle, Antique, and Mart on their second levels. Also, Join Ave > Festival Plaza

Nothing else happening. Hidden Grottos have been dry, caught some of N’s former Pokémon in Chargestone. Currently saved outside Mistralton. Going to evolve Croagunk after work and Lv up Cubchoo for the gym.

Update: Using my first Toxicroak, which is nice. Caught a shiny Foongus pretending to be a Pokeball on Route 7.

Probably the best coincidence as I planned on using one in my B2 run, one I’d eventually see in a grotto.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today on White 2, I visited my Join Avenue briefly. The only thing I did there was go to my raffle shop, where I won a Full Heal.

Next, I just spent some time in Relic Passage looking for shards in dust clouds again. I was able to find quite a few, at least a couple of each colour. I encountered a bunch of wild Pokemon, too, but that didn't bother me because it allowed me to pass the Pokerus onto the Petilil, Vanillite, and Ducklett I hatched recently. Still have to give my Darumaka the Pokerus.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Forgot to save after I caught the Foongus and well...
Had to evolve my Croagunk, Cubchoo, and Axew...again.

I swept Skyla with H. Birdman, been skipping repels, hoping for another shiny encounter as I roam the Unova. My last save has me in Lentimas; already got the Lunar Wing. Benching Birdman for a Zubat, for now. Don’t care for having two Flyers... might switch Zubat for something off of Dream Radar.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Decided to start my White 2 save file over. So I transferred everything I wanted, wiped the file, and linked the save file with my White version. I've done that once before, but since my characters had the same name, it was kind of confusing, so I've made sure they have different names now. It'll be fun going through it again as I haven't done that in three years according to my old save file.

Anyway, I started over, picked Oshawott as my starter, got to Floccesy Ranch, and caught a Riolu! Before that though, I saw a flashback of N while at the Pokemon Center. Not really sure why that one character gave me that flashback. I thought he was going to say that he was the Plasma Grunt who talked to N, but he just said, "I don't know why I just kept talking" or "why I was talking about that." Now I'm currently at the Trainer school, about to challenge Cheren.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went to the Pokemon Transfer Lab tonight to send over a dozen Pokemon from my SoulSilver. Catching them all in the minigame was pretty easy.

After that, I EV trained the Petilil I hatched a while ago. I bought quite a few vitamins using BP at the World Tournament and gave some to Petilil. Then, I finished getting Petilil its EVs via battles against wild Pokemon.

While EV training, I also passed the Pokerus onto my Darumaka.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Eager to start gen 6; Deleted my file on
Black and started over as ‘Savage’ your female mc from Nuvema (was the male in White). Chose Snivy but will be boxing it once I obtain Cottonee.

White 2, I’m just outside of Undella. Grinding to evolve my Joltik (freshly caught) from Lv 23 and my Tangela. Got Giratina from Dream Radar (hoping for a good nature; might use it on a mono ghost run for X). Join Ave has been thriving. Getting a lot of shards from the Gallery and Antiques.

Hidden Grottos aren’t proving to be of good. At least for the moment.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I sent the Pokemon I transferred to White 2 the other day to my Bank via the Poke Transporter, since I didn't get around to that last time.

Afterwards, I entered the World Tournament several times. I wanted to earn a little bit of BP, plus I hadn't done much battling there recently. I ended up competing in each regional Gym Leader tournament + World Leaders, Double Battles each time, with a Gengar/Garchomp/Togekiss/Lucario team.

I won every tournament I entered, and didn't have too much trouble against the Gym Leaders I faced. I think my toughest opponent was Misty in the Kanto Leaders tournament; her Starmie & Lapras leads took down my Gengar & Garchomp duo.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I went onto White after a while and I tried to level up Blissey at Route 2 but she still didn't gain a lot of EXP, which was around 15 or so per battle. So I then flew to Victory Road and after defeating a Durant with Hydreigon's Flamethrower, I got Blissey to go up 2 levels to Lv 16. Then I decided to go back to the usual Route 14 by flying to White Forest first to cycle there for a bit and I saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I needed to transfer some Pokemon from HeartGold again, so I went to the transfer lab on White 2 today. I played the minigame once, transferring six Pokemon.

After that, I bought a bunch of vitamins with BP at the World Tournament. I decided to EV train my Vanillite, so I used the vitamins on it to speed things up. Getting the rest of Vanillite's EVs from wild Pokemon battles didn't take too long after that.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Nothing good from the Grottos, a Combee and more items for the bag. Got a Dubious Disc from an antiques shop.

Jillybean handed the mayor of Opelucid a major ‘L’, sweeping his whole team after 2 D. Dances. Almost cried really.

After I left the gym and talked more with Drayden, I watched on as Opelucid was frozen by foolish Team Plasma. Jillybean evolved right after I took care of Zinzolin. Saved the game before the Shadow Triad bit.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
My playtime on White 2 today started similar to last time: I visited the transfer lab to send some Pokemon up from HeartGold, which I later sent to Ultra Sun, and then I EV trained my Ducklett.

After I was done with that stuff, I caught a few Pokemon in Pinwheel Forest. Going into the forest, I was planning on just catching a Petilil in a Nest Ball (wanted one in a nice-looking ball for Ultra Sun). However, I ended up stepping on a shaking patch of grass, and found a Pansear. I decided to catch it since I've rarely encountered any of the elemental monkeys in the wild on my Gen V games. Shortly after, I stepped on another rustling spot, and found a Panpour. I caught it too, and decided to find a Pansage as well. I eventually caught one, after catching an Audino as well.

So in the end, I caught a Petilil, Audino, and the three monkeys in Pinwheel Forest. I transferred all five of them to my US.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Triad got away with the DNA Splicer, made my way to Humilau via Marine Tube. Didn’t get to see a Wailord. After resting at the PC in Humilau, I trained/caught Pokémon on Route 21. Got a (Sassy) Seel I’ll be moving to Black to complete my team, for that version.

Anyway, after finishing the trainers in Seaside Cave I took down my last and final gym. Nothing too hard.

Used 2 Tangled(Tangrowth), HellaVolts(Galvantula), and S. Swanna occasionally. Tangled nearly swept Marlon, had to Stun Spore his Jellicent; proceeded to Electro Ball after a switch to ‘Volts.

A more dedicated difficulty setting would be nice in coming games...

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I EV trained my Darumaka. I had to soft reset partway through and start again since I messed up on keeping track of its EVs and I kind of forgot about EV reducing berries...forgot that the wild Pokemon I was fighting gave 2 EVs instead of 1.

After that, I took my Darumaka, Petilil, Vanillite, and Ducklett to the Name Rater in Castelia City and gave them all nicknames. Then, I taught them some moves via TM and Move Tutor.

I also visited the Pokemon Transfer Lab again to send more Pokemon up from HeartGold.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I went onto Black 2 after a long time and I went to the White Treehollow to grind my Pokémon in Area 8 for a bit even though I didn't complete it. Then I decided to fly to Route 11 because of a Pokémon outbreak and I caught a Masquerain there. I then flew to Join Avenue to increase the popularity of it and I managed to get a few of my shops to level up. After that, I went over to Route 5 and I saved there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago, I caught several Pokemon on White 2 to send to Ultra Sun. I went all over Unova catching Pokemon. For instance, I caught a Sandile at the Desert Resort before going to Reversal Mountain to catch Drifblim & Trapinch. Other Pokemon I caught included Vanillish at Giant Chasm, Elgyem at Celestial Tower, and Nosepass in Chargestone Cave.

The final Pokemon I caught was also the hardest to find: Castform, with a 5% encounter rate in shaking spots on Route 6. I spent over an hour checking the shaking patches of the grass on that route. After finding every shaking grass Pokemon except Castform, I was getting close to quitting, but then I suddenly found one and caught it!

Finally, I transferred all the Pokemon I caught, along with a few I transferred from Platinum, to US.

WalesNote

Just started playing through Pokémon White Version for the first time since years ago. Still need to try out the sequels that I have not ever played before.

Current team:
Oshawott

Some team members I'm considering:
Stoutland, Liepard, Reuniclus, Sawsbuck, Galvantula, Braviary, Haxorus, Krookodile, Chandelure

Missed playing my old DS games, though wish I wouldn't have to deal with the black sides on my 2DS XL. Was thinking of getting a DSi just for my old games. Bit stupid, I know.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Played White 2 a couple nights ago. Made my way through the Plasma Frigate, first. Colress gave me some work. His Magneton took down 3 of my team before I got one of his. Though, just like every other foolish trainer, he lost.

Cleared the Triad with HellaVolts.

Ghetsis was probably about the same. Dat Cofagrigus. After I saved Unova once again, I headed for Join Ave, got the raffle shop to Rank 4 before I saved.

Played Black last night. Beat the first gym and received the C-gear. Will probably catch fodder for trades, later.

Lastly, my copy of B2 died on me today. Had a Rhyhorn I was hoping to use on there. Oh, and some fossils I needed for Black (I could be wrong). A bit disappointing. Got another copy that came with an Arceus, though.

Just Finished W2. Besides trading, I may not play it till after I finish B/B2 (debating if I want to get the shiny Dratini).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played Black 2 and I found that a Pokémon outbreak happened at Route 18, where I've haven't explored much. I flew from Route 5 and I arrived at Nuvema Town. From there I went to Route 1 and surfed from there to get to Route 17. I went onto Route 18 and I explored it more, battling a couple of Trainers, especially two Veterans with pseudo-Legendary Pokémon Tyranitar and Salamence. I found the swarm Pokémon Hoppip and caught one. I have also caught an Alomomola and then I saved.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Started a new adventure in Black. So far have Morty the Naive male Oshawott, Pat the Impish male Lillipup, and Lena the Timid female Patrat.
I’m also starting a new one on Black 2, White and White 2.
Bought some Potions and Poké Balls.
I’m in Accumula Town. Battling N now. Knocked out Purrloin with Morty even though he has 2 HP. He’s Lv. 8 now. Lena knocked out a Lv. 4 Lillipup and grew to Lv. 3. Pat is now Lv. 4 after beating a Patrat. Caught a Lv. 7 female Patrat. Her name is Melissa. Calm nature. Battling a Patrat. Battling the first Youngster in the game. Knocked out his Patrat and Morty grew to Lv. 9. Battling Bianca now. Her Lillipup was short work. Tepig too. Getting Pansear. His name is Travis and is Gentle nature.
Also am battling Cilan, he beat me twice.

Last edited: