• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Made some headway on Black. Firstly, did some trades and then bolted to Nacrene where I revived my Dome Fossil into a Brave Kabuto. Used it to mow down the second gym. After catching a Cottonee I backtracked all the way to Striaton, facing the several trainers I ran past. Tried to use it as much as possible, as I didn’t want my Kabuto or Escavalier to be too powerful by Castelia.

After making my way through Pinwheel Forest and thwarting Team Plasma, I arrived at Castelia City. Immediately took down Battle Company, united 3 lone dancers, and fought Plasma to gain back Bianca’s Munna. Currently in Burgh’s gym. Will be nicknaming Cottonee and Kabuto afterwards.

Current Team:
Cottonee
Kabuto
Escargoat the Escavalier

Leonhart

Imagineer
On White version, I challenged the Raimon Gym, which was a hectic ordeal due to Kamitsure's two Emonga. Luckily however, my Hihidaruma was really strong at this point, and he took them down. I went into the city afterwards and went to Hodomoe City to face the next Gym Leader and am currently searching around the surrounding routes and places for some new captures and Pokemon that I don't have, as well as training.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I traded my Black 2 team over to White 2, along with a few items. Then, I began a new game on Black 2. I picked the boy character, who I named Nate, and kept my rival's name as Hugh.

Starting in Aspertia City, I talked to my mom and then left my house. I met up with Hugh & his little sister, then started walking around with Hugh in search of Bianca. When I found Bianca, she let me choose a starter Pokemon and gave me a Pokedex; I picked Oshawott this time.

Next, I had my first rival battle. I just spammed Tackle until Hugh's Snivy fainted. Afterwards, I continued playing until making it out to Route 19. Bianca showed me how to catch Pokemon, and then I saved.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Today I've decided it's time to revisit Generation 5 as a whole. I'm going to play through the whole story from BW to B2W2. These two games have been my favorite games in the series since they came out. Let's see if my nostalgia holds up once I return to Unova.

EDIT:
Started a playthrough of White Version and chose Oshawott as my partner. I adventured northwards to Striaton City and saved right outside the gym.

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Firstly, I deleted Dream Radar and the save data on it. And then downloaded it once more.

Continuing with Black, I took down Burgh, mainly with Escargoat. Got an eviolite and renamed some ‘mons, as I said I would. After doing so I did my best to make it to Desert Resort, skipping any battle I could. Obtained a Plume Fossil when I got to the ruins. Revived it into a Jolly Archen named Vicious.

Set out from Nacrene once again. Battled trainers on my way to Nimbasa. Ran into Team Plasma once more. Made short work of them before battling Elesa. My Whimsicott saved me as 2/3 of my team were susceptible to Electric moves. After earning my hard-won badge and some battles, I eventually made it to Driftveil were I finished my team, adding Seel and Bronzor. Currently saved outside the PC.

Team:
Hash Plant (Whimsicott)
Dude Gone (Seel)
Bleu Steel (Bronzor)
Vicious (Archen)
Musashi (Kabuto)
Escargoat (Escavalier)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued with my new Black 2 playthrough today. On Route 19, I trained my Oshawott a bit, and caught a few Pokemon since I'll need to trade my team over later on. Near the entrance to Floccesy Town, I met Alder.

In Floccesy, I didn't do too much. I just healed and talked to a few people, including Alder again, who told me to go out to Route 20. On that route, I caught a few more wild Pokemon to fill my party up fully and won a few trainer battles.

Next, I went to Floccesy Ranch. Shortly after arriving, I got into my second rival battle. The fight wasn't too difficult to win, though I did have to switch out my Oshawott at one point due to its defense being lowered by Snivy's Leer. Once the battle was over, my rival and I explored the rest of the ranch until we found the missing Herdier.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Morty knocked out Pansage because Travis fainted from a 3x Work Up Vine Whip. Able to beat Cilan due to him spamming Work Out. Got the Trio Badge and Work Up. Going to Fennel’s lab to get Cut. Got it and going to the Dreamyard. Tought Morty Cut. Battling the Plasma hooligans. KO’d the grunts’ Patrat and Purrloin. Going to Route 3. Battling Cheren. Morty is almost a Dewott. Caught a Pidove, her name is Una. Now looking for Blitzle. Found a male one. His name is Zebediah. Una is Mild, Zebediah is Relaxed. Found a female Roggenrola. She’s named Roxette. Now I’m going to get a Woobat. Roxette has great Attack. Found a male Woobat. His name is Wu. Roxette is Brave nature. Adding Wu to my team. Wu is Naughty.

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've reached Narcene City and along the way caught plenty of new Pokemon. So far my team consists of: Oshawott, Patrat, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle, Drilbur, and Munna. Figure I'll have a rotating team for this playthrough.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I spent a lot of time leveling up my Oshawott in preparation for the Aspertia Gym battle. I battled a bunch of wild Pokemon at Floccesy Ranch, along with the trainers at Alder's house and the regular Gym trainers.

Eventually, I got Oshawott to evolve into Dewott. I think this is the first time I've managed to evolve my starter in any Gen V game before completing the first Gym.

With Oshawott evolved, I challenged Cheren at the Aspertia Gym. Dewott's Razor Shell was very useful, taking down Patrat in one hit and Lillipup in two. Definitely the easiest time I've ever had winning this Gym battle.
I received my first badge, then saved.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Spent most of the day leveling up my team by searching for Audino. The bonus experience points they offer made the whole process easier.

Also I've forgotten how interesting and frustrating wild double battles can be. Turns out two Timburr can easily destroy your team.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I realized I forgot to get Challenge Mode on my new Black 2 file. So, I connected with my Japanese copy of B2 via the Unova Link and sent some keys over. I then switched to Challenge Mode on my English B2.

Tonight, I spent time on White 2 breeding for my final two B2 team members. After considering several different Pokemon, I decided to breed for these two:
-Skitty, because it's cute and I thought it would be interesting to try out Delcatty on a team
-Sneasel, because I really liked the idea of having a Dark type and Weavile's high Attack & Speed. I almost didn't pick it since I already have an Ice type for my team (Vanillite), but...meh.

After getting good Skitty & Sneasel eggs on W2, I traded them over to B2. I hatched them, then traded them back to W2 so that I can EV train them next time.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I ventured into Pinwheel Forest to reclaim the stolen Dragon Skull from Team Plasma. Along the way I caught a Sewaddle. After beating Team Plasma I stayed in the forest to level up and evolve several of my Pokemon.

After that I reached Castelia City and started exploring its many streets. Before I continue the story I wanted to capture a few Pokemon on Route 4.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
On White 2, I spent about an hour trying to get another Moon Stone. I wanted to trade one over to Black 2 so that I could evolve my Skitty any time I want, but I didn't want to give away the only one I had left in my bag. So, I went to Giant Chasm and tried to steal one off of wild Clefairy/Lunatone. I didn't get one, though I did obtain several Leppa Berries from Clefairy and a Sun Stone from a Solrock.

I then went to Victory Road to search in dust clouds. After finding several gems and other evolution stones, I finally got a Moon Stone.

With that done, I then EV trained Sneasel & Skitty. Following that, I taught them some moves via TM & tutor, nicknamed them, and then traded my Black 2 team members over to my new B2 save file. I sent along some items, too, including the Moon Stone, Sun Stone, and Razor Claw I'll need for evolution purposes.

Now that I have my team assembled, I continued with the main plot on B2. I explored the second half of Route 20, where I battled a few trainers. Then, I entered Virbank City.

Black 2 team:
548.png
580.png
582.png
554.png
215.png
300.png

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I acquired the Insect badge and explored the rest of Castelia City. After that I moved onto Route 4, Desert Resort, and Relic Castle. In the ruins I found the Dome Fossil and captured a Yamask.

I've reached Nimbasa City and helped Bianca out. I plan on challenging the gym soon but first I want to train the new recruits.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Inside the Virbank Pokemon Center, I watched my first Memory Link flashback (did Memory Link with my latest Black playthrough a few days ago). This flashback was the one showing N releasing Pokemon in Chargestone Cave.

After that, I went outside and talked to a bunch of people around the city. Once I finished looking around, I headed to the Virbank Complex in order to train for the Virbank Gym. I defeated all of the trainers in the area, plus a few wild Pokemon. I captured a Patrat, too, since I'll need something to use as a Cut slave.

Next time, I'll take on the second Gym.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Finally sat down and invested some time into White Version. I challenged and easily beat the Nimbasa and Driftveil City Gyms. After that I spent some time on Route 6 to level up, evolve, and capture new Pokemon. On the way to Chargestone Cave I captured a Deerling and then a Joltik inside the cave. Had other things to do so I saved halfway through the exploring the cave.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I went to the Virbank Gym. After defeating Roxie's two band mates, I battled Roxie herself. I began the battle with my Vanillite, who was able to take down Koffing. Next, Roxie sent in Grimer, while I switched to Skitty. I'd taught Skitty Calm Mind and Hyper Voice back on White 2, so I wanted to see if Skitty could set up a few stat boosts and win the battle. Skitty was able to get a few Calm Minds in (I did have to stall out a few turns after Grimer used Disable, though), which allowed it to defeat both Grimer and Whirlipede with Hyper Voice.

With my second badge earned, I then had to go to PokeStar Studios. I watched Roxie's dad's bad movie and then made a movie of my own. I watched it afterwards, and saw that I got the happy ending for it.

Next, I had to defeat a couple of Team Plasma Grunts. I battled one of them in Virbank, then the other on Route 20.

Finally, I sailed to Castelia City. I received the Bicycle and healed at the Pokemon Center.

Team:
548.png
580.png
582.png
554.png
215.png
300.png

Lv. 18-20, 27
Darumaka got really overleveled from its EV training. >_>

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Made significant progress in White Version by running from one city to the next. I beat the Mistralton, Iccirus, and Oppelucid gyms in quick succession and acquired the Dark Stone. At the moment I've reached the Pokemon League and training my Pokemon up to level 50 on Victory Road.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I spent all of my time covering Castelia City. I started by visiting all of the piers, which lead to me taking a brief detour to Liberty Garden. After that, I went to the Battle Company building and defeated all the trainers. Once that was done, I went through each street. I visited quite a few places, including the Game Freak office and art gallery.

The last thing I did was talk to Iris outside the Castelia Gym. Looks like I'll go to the sewers next time.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I entered the Pokemon League and easily beat the Elite Four. After that I explored N's Castle and prepared myself for the final battle. Luckily I had the type advantages to beat N but it was Ghetsis who gave me trouble. His Cofagrigus was the most difficult because of its Toxic and Mummy ability.

I completed the main story and enjoyed seeing the ending again. The team I used was Samurott, Braviary, Sawsbuck, Krookodile, Galvantula, Haxorus, and Zekrom.

I'm going to explore the rest of Unova and the post game content. Then I'll move onto playing White Version 2.