• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went to the Castelia Sewers today. My rival and I were supposed to look for Team Plasma together, but I wanted to do some exploring first. So, we ended up walking all over the place, until I think I covered every currently accessible part of the sewer. Once that was done, we defeated a pair of Team Plasma Grunts.

After that, I did a lot of training in preparation for the Castelia Gym. I trained for a bit in the part of Relic Passage connecting to the sewer, then defeated all of the regular trainers at the Gym. My team still needed training, so I did a couple of battles at the Game Freak building before heading to Route 4. I trained in the part of R. 4 that wasn't blocked off, mostly by rematching the Breeder over and over.

Eventually, I returned to the Castelia Gym and battled Burgh. I began the battle with my Vanillite, since I didn't realize Burgh's lead Pokemon was Dwebble instead of Sewaddle/Swadloon on Challenge Mode. Fortunately, though, Vanillite was able to win after Dwebble's Rock Blast only hit twice.

Next, I switched to Sneasel as Karrablast came out. Karrablast was a little annoying to KO, since Burgh healed it after I knocked it down to red HP, and it used Endure. I then kept Sneasel in against Shelmet, which was easier to KO.

Finally, there was just Leavanny left. I decided to give my Ducklett a chance, so I switched out. Ducklett came really close to taking Leavanny down (and would've if it wasn't for the Sitrus Berry), but then Leavanny's second Razor Leaf did more damage than I expected and Ducklett went down. My Petilil ended up winning the battle thanks to its HP Ice.

Team:
548.png
580.png
582.png
554.png
215.png
300.png

Lv. 24-27

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I started playing White Version 2 and was tempted to choose Oshawott again but chose Snivy instead. Figure there's no point in using the same starter twice in a row.

Ended the day by capturing a few Pokemon near Floccesy Ranch. So far my team consists of Snivy, Pidove, Psyduck, and Riolu.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Back on Route 4, I had to battle Colress. I managed to defeat his Magnemite & Klink with my Sneasel & Ducklett respectively. The fight was a bit annoying because of Magnemite's Sturdy and Klink raising its Sp. Defense with Charge. I was pleasantly surprised, though, that Klink only used Charge and never tried to destroy Ducklett with Thundershock or something.

After that, I finished exploring the rest of Route 4. Once that was done, I moved on to the Desert Resort. I braved the Sandstorm there and got all of the trainer fights out of the way. I encountered N's Darmanitan twice while walking around, but I ran from it both times since it was at a higher level than everything on my team and I didn't think my team could handle it. I visited the Relic Castle while in the desert, too.

Finally, I sailed back to Virbank City briefly. I made a few more movies at Pokestar Studios, mostly because I wanted to get some free items from fans.

Drummerdude

I started over White version the other day. I decided to choose Oshawott as my starter because I went with Tepig and Snivy the last times I played through Unova. I made it through the rather slow beginning and heard the Plasma speech and got the monkey and beat Cilan and saved a Munna. Once I was able to trade I did so with my Black game I played last year and hatched a Larvesta after A LOT of walking. It's just the Larvesta you get on Route 18 I'm too lazy to breed. I fought a couple Audino to level it up and made my way from Striaton City to Nacrene City. I battled N again and began training for Lenora outside the Pinwheel Forest. Oh and Oshawott sadly evolved at some point. Gosh Oshawott is just too freaking adorable!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Back on Route 4, I headed up into the Join Avenue building. I set up several shops, including a couple of raffles and a florist. I won Berry Juices from the raffles and purchased some berries at the florist before moving on to Nimbasa City.

After visiting the Pokemon Center and a few other buildings in Nimbasa, I headed into the musical hall. There, I received the Prop Case and watched a Memory Link flashback. Once that was done, I decided to participate in a Musical. I picked my favourite show, Forest Stroll, and entered with my Darumaka. "Winning" the Musical was pretty easy.

Next, I talked to Rosa in front of the Gear Station and teamed up with her in battle against Ingo & Emmet. I started the battle with my Petilil, who fared well against the opposing Boldore. But then, the Gurdurr OHKOed Petilil with a critical hit Wake-up Slap, which was lame. My Ducklett and Rosa's Pignite destroyed Gurdurr on the next turn, though.

I received the Vs Recorder from Rosa, then healed at the Pokemon Center.

Manchee

extra toasty
I restarted White last year in March during spring break and forgot about it until a week or so ago. Decided to get back into it because I want to finally play White 2 (I never could bring myself to finish it when it was the newest game).

I picked up in Nimbasa and trained a bit to take on Elesa. I had to teach my Darumakka Rock Tomb to have any chance against her Emolga. I'm not sure how, but I actually managed to take her down pretty easily - I remember her being super difficult way back when. I moved on pretty quickly to Driftveil because I didn't want to spend too much time stuck in Nimbasa, and I really trained a lot for Clay because I knew that my team was not going to be the greatest against him. Once we took out Team Plasma and he accepted the Gym Challenge, I actually lost and had to train some more lol

After finally defeating him, I took my time going through Route 6 and Chargestone Cave. I wanted to really focus on training and building my team. During my previous play through I fell in love with Ferroseed/Ferrothorn but I never used them, so I made sure to catch one this time. I also caught a Klink because I love Steel-types and it's one of the only pure Steel-types in the games. After catching them, though, I kind of rushed through the rest of the cave and Skyla's Gym because I really wanted to get Surf- when trying to think of Pokémon that I wanted, I realized that two of them required me to have Surf. Up to this point I was using Darminitan and Swoobat, both of which I really like, but I've wanted to try training a Larvesta so so bad and it would cover both my fire and flying needs. I was also using a Palpitoad up to this point, which isn't bad but I used one before and wanted to try out a Frillish.

Once I got Surf I booked it down to Route 18 to get both of them and now I'm happily training my way through Twist mountain. Larvesta and Frillish are considerably weaker than the rest of my team but that's fine because they're leveling well right now. Larvesta isn't too far off from the rest because I've had him in front of my party with a Lucky Egg and just switch him out every time a battle starts. As long as he's close to the level range for Brycen's Gym it should be alright since he's resistant to Ice-types (I've also got two Steel Pokémon so it'll really be a breeze).

Right now my team is: Serperior, Ferrothorn, Klang, Garbodor, Frillish, Larvesta. All of them are female except for Larvesta, which I find super ironic since my original White team before restarting were all males except for my flyer, who was the opposite and also my last one added to the team.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I visited Join Avenue again. I set up another florist and bought a few berries from it. After that, I returned to Nimbasa and headed into the Gear Station. There, I took the train to Anville Train and looked around.

Next, I returned to Nimbasa again in order to explore the other half of the city. I battled a few trainers, at the old Gym and in front of the Ferris wheel. In between battles, I evolved my Petilil with a Sun Stone, since I wanted it to be a Lilligant by level 28 so that it would learn Quiver Dance.

Finally, I went to the sport domes, Route 16, and Lostlorn Forest to train my team.

Drummerdude

Once Dewott and Larvesta were both Lv20 I challenged Lenora. Dewott managed to take down Herdier with a few Water Guns. I used Pansear to take the Retaliate hit from Watchog and then sent out Larvesta. Unfortunately Larvesta still fainted from a few Retaliates. Fortunately Flame Body activated which meant Watchog could barely damage Dewott. After winning Team Plasma stole the skull I gave chase into the Pinwheel Forest and navigated the "maze" and saved the day! Woot!

After I crossed the Skyarrow Bridge and arrived in Castelia City I explored for a little while before heading into the Battle Tower or whatever it's called I was watching TV and not really paying attention gosh. After beating the trainers I helped Bianca get her poor Munna back and grabbed the Eviolite before heading to the gym. Larvesta finally got its time to shine as it Ember'd its way through the assortment of Bug types. Burgh was pretty easy as Larvesta defeated Whirlipede and Leavanny while Dewott took down Dwebble. I then headed north and defeated Bianca and Cheren. Currently my team of 2 is Lv25+. I really need a new team member...

Aquarelle

Staff member
My team still needed a lot of training in preparation for the Nimbasa Gym, so I went to Route 5 to battle the trainers. I also went into the Hidden Grotto with Bianca, and caught the Minccino inside.

I continued training back in Nimbasa by fighting the trainers in the sports domes and the Beauties in the Gym. I also rematched the Breeder in Lostlorn Forest several times until my whole team was level 32.
During my training, I gave Sneasel the Razor Claw I'd traded over a while ago, allowing it to evolve into Weavile.

Finally, I was ready to fight Elesa. I started with my Darumaka, who ended up defeating Flaaffy and Joltik since Elesa's Emolga kept switching out with Volt Switch. Darumaka was paralyzed and at low health after taking down those two, so I switched to Weavile for the rest of the battle. Weavile OHKOed Emolga and then managed to 2HKO Zebstrika after a bit of a struggle (Zebstrika got a speed boost from Flame Charge, then flinched me with Stomp).

I received my fourth badge and saved in the Gym.

Team:
549.png
580.png
582.png
554.png
461.png
300.png

Lv. 32-33

Manchee

extra toasty
Made my way through Twist Mountain and into Icirrus City. I trained my team for a while so that Larvest could get stronger, and now it has surpassed everyone on my team. It's going to be a beast once it evolves lol. It felt good to take the time to level him up so much, and as soon as he was strong enough we defeated Brycen at his Gym, Team Plasma in Dragonspiral Tower, and Team Plasma again at the Relic Castle. That's where I saved, and I plan to train Frillish next so she can be at the level of the rest of the team.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Left the Nimbasa Gym and headed back to Route 5. Along the way, I ran into Hugh again, who was yelling at a group of Team Plasma people. I had to battle two of the Plasma Grunts, defeating them with my Skitty and Ducklett. Once the Plasmas ran off, Hugh told me about how Team Plasma stole his sister's Purrloin several years ago.

Next, I was back on Route 5, where I had to fight the heartbreaker Charles in a Rotation Battle. After defeating him using my Skitty, Ducklett, and Vanillite, I crossed the Driftveil Drawbridge and entered Driftveil City.

I then spent a lot of time looking around Driftveil. At the house with the former Team Plasma members, I obtained N's old Zorua while my rival just raged some more. I also visited all of the hotels around the city and battled Charles again in a Triple Battle.

Finally, I did some training on Route 6. I fought all of the trainers and decided to evolve my Skitty into Delcatty.

Manchee

extra toasty
Well I sort of... ran through the game very quickly. Since Sunday, I collected my final badge, beat the Elite 4, and defeated Team Plasma. The Elite 4 were SO difficult with my team, and I really was not prepared type-wise. I stayed up late last night to evolve my Larvesta, which is a really nice change to my team. I also decided to box Klink in favor of a Blitzle. I'm not sure if I will try to defeat the Elite 4 again and move on to Alder, but if I do I know that the team I was using will not work at all.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went to the Driftveil Gym and got all of the regular trainers out of the way. I still wanted to train my team a bit before the battle against Clay, though, so I left the Gym and returned to Route 6. There, I trained until all of my Pokemon were level 35. This allowed me to get several more evolutions - Ducklett into Swanna, Vanillite into Vanillish, and Darumaka into Darmanitan.

Back at the Gym, I rode on the conveyor belts until I reached Clay's spot and battled him. My Vanillish defeated Krokorok & Onix, taking both down without taking any damage itself. Onix couldn't be OHKOed due to Sturdy, but fortunately I froze it so it couldn't do anything to me.

For Clay's Sandslash, I switched to Swanna and used my Water STAB. Finally, with just Excadrill left to defeat, I decided to switch to my Darmanitan. I used Fire Punch on Excadrill, which was enough to OHKO it after its HP bar drained very slowly (thought Excadrill was going to hang on for a second there).

I received badge #5, then returned to the entrance of the Gym.

Team:
549.png
581.png
583.png
555.png
461.png
301.png

All level 35

Drummerdude

I skipped most of the Route 4 trainers and headed into the Desert Resort where I grabbed the Plume Fossil and made the long trek back to Nacrene City so I could revive it into my third team member, Archen! I made the trek back and used my new team member to take on the trainers I skipped on Route 4 and in the Desert Resort. Once that was done I entered Nimbasa City and saved an old man from Team Plasma before taking a very uncomfortable ride with N on a ferris wheel. I defeated him once more and met Bianca's dad who seems like a nice fellow.

Before attempting the gym I decided to train on Route 16. Then it was gym time. I rode the roller coasters and challenged Elesa. Her stupid Emolga out sped my Level 30 Jolly Archen somehow but luckily Rock Tomb connected on her second Emolga so I was able to outspeed it and knock it out with another Rock Tomb. I sent out my sacrificial Simisear to heal Archen and then went for Larvesta and got a lucky burn on Zebstrika before fainting. Dewott confused Emolga with Water Pulse which helped Archen finish it off before dealing the final blow on Zebstrika as well.

With the half the badges and half my team I defeated Cheron and also took some poor children's lunch money before crossing a bridge into Driftveil City. There were some Plasma goons who escaped the hands of justice but I was more concerned with heading to Route 6 and catching my 4th team member, a Foongus!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went to the World Tournament today. I entered the Driftveil tournament with my Swanna, Darmanitan, and Weavile. In my three battles against Hugh/Cheren/Colress, though, I only ended up using Swanna.

After the tournament, Hugh, Cheren, and I ended up going on the Plasma Frigate or whatever that ship is called. I battled several Team Plasma members, fighting a couple of them on my own and then teaming up with Hugh & Cheren for the rest. I used my Delcatty in all of the battles.

Finally, I saved after the three of us got kicked off the ship.

Drummerdude

After capturing Foongus I headed to the Cold Storage and helped to capture the Plama grunts hiding in one of the containers although they did manage to escape thanks to Ghetsis. No matter I had a gym to take on which was great for Foongus to get some good xp. Clay ended up being a bit easier than I anticipated only because Dewott never hit itself in Confusion from Krokorok's Swagger. With my 5th gym badge I headed back to Route 6, defeated Bianca and headed to the Chargestone Cave. I met up with N again and slowly made my way through the not so long cave.

After defeating N once more I arrived in Mistralton City where I met up with Skyla who had to heal a sick Pokemon on top of some tower on Route 7. On my way to meet up with her both Dewott and Archen evolved! My first evolutions in so freaking long!! I climbed to the top of the Celestial Tower, rang the bell, and headed to the Mistralton Gym. Because Larvesta and Foongus were weak to the Flying types that meant Archeops and Samurott had to do the majority of the heavy lifting. Because my team is fairly over-leveled Skyla ended up being pretty easy with Archeops one-shotting Swoobat and Swanna while Samurott took down Unfezant with Scald. I got my 6th badge and took a break.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I entered Relic Passage through the World Tournament side and began to explore the areas I hadn’t been to yet. I pushed several Strength boulders down holes and defeated a few trainers.

While exploring, I found the entrance to the other part of the Relic Castle. Looking around there, I quickly found Volcarona and battled it. Catching it was pretty easy; my Swanna got it to red HP in one hit, and then my only Net Ball successfully caught it.

Back in Relic Passage, I continued exploring until I made it back to the Castelia Sewers. From there, I walked back to Route 6. I ran into Cheren there, got the Surf HM, and taught Surf to Swanna.

Drummerdude

After getting Surf from Cheren I headed to the Mistralton Cave where deep in its depths I captured Cobalion, my fifth team member. After the capture I returned to Twist Mountain (where Foongus evolved into Amoonguss) and navigated its linear corridors until I arrived in Icirrus City. I did not dawdle for long opting to take on the gym right away. I put the Lucky Egg on Larvesta and defeated the ice types with ease. Brycen proved to be a little more challenging than I anticipated. Larvesta defeated Vannilish after a few Flame Charges before falling to Beartic. I swapped to Samurott who fell prey to Swagger and hitting itself in confusion too many turns. Cobalion was forced to come in and finish up both Beartic and Cryogonal with Sacred Sword.

I got my badge and was told to head to Dragonspiral Tower by the Shadow Triad. I did and captured my final team member, Golett. Before continuing the climb I decided to re-explore Unova to get Golett some valuable experience. Once I felt that I combed the region enough I returned and began my ascent up the tower. N had already managed to awaken Reshiram when I arrived and they flew off after a few words were spoken. Alder, Cheren and I went to the Desert Resort to get a stone dragon thing but it wasn't there so we had to go to Nacrene City to get the dragon stone and now I'm Alder's backup plan apparently. Neat.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did some exploring with my new Surf HM. I went back to all the previous areas of Unova with water and used Surf to access items I couldn’t get before. On Route 20, I was also able to do some things requiring the piles of autumn leaves.

Next, I continued with my journey by going to Chargestone Cave. Inside, I talked to Bianca and then started looking around. Getting through the cave wasn’t so bad; it seemed to go by pretty quickly in comparison to my previous playthroughs.

Eventually, I reached Mistralton City. I talked to a few NPCs before entering the Pokemon Center.

Drummerdude

I flew back to Icirrus City and headed east to the Tubeline Bridge where I met Ghetsis once more and then got in a fight with a biker gang. After clearing Route 9 I arrived in Opelucid City and listened to another Plasma Speech before learning more about the Legendary Dragon Pokemon from Drayden and Iris. Iris went to the gym so my only logical move was to go as well. My team (apart from Larvesta) did not struggle much against the Dragons and Golett reached Lv45 which meant it learned Earthquake so I evolved it into Golurk.

Archeops took down Iris' Fraxure with a single Acrobatics, Amoonguss poisoned Druddigon with Toxic and whittled its HP away with Sludge Bomb while Golurk got to partake and defeated Haxorus with 2 Earthquakes. I received my final badge and then got a Master Ball from Professor Juniper. Next I moved up to Route where I defeated all the trainers, including Cheren, and took a break before heading to Victory Road.

Larvesta is a pain. That is all.