1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Finished looking around Mistralton City. I talked to both Prof. Juniper and Skyla, receiving the Master Ball from the professor. I then checked out the airport and runway before heading out to Route 7.

On Route 7, I spent most of my time training my team by defeating the trainers. I also visited the Hidden Grotto and the houses on the route. In one of the houses, I got the Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus trio added to my Pokedex.

Finally, I entered Celestial Tower.

2. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

Victory Road feels a lot shorter than I remember. I made it through with little trouble and arrived at the Pokemon League. I decided to wuss out and used the majority of the Rare Candies I had found on my journey to evolve Larvesta into Volcarona! After purchasing some healing items I entered and began the Elite 4 challenge. I began with Grimsley because I figured he would be easiest. Archeops took out his Scrafty with Acrobatics and Samurott's Surf defeated Krookodile. Cobalion went on to knock out Bisharp and Liepard in one hit each. Next up was Caitlin. I had high hopes for Golurk here. Luckily it could take an Energy Ball from Reuniclus and knock it out with 2 Shadow Punch's. Arcehops and Volcarona defeated her remaining Pokemon with Crunch and Silver Wind.

My third battle was against Shauntal. Golurk took down Cofagrigus with a few Shadow Punch's, Amoonguss defeated Jellicent with Giga Drain. Samurott went on to beat both Chandelure and Golurk. So far so good. Archeops basically one shotted all of Marshal's Fighting types with Aerobatics. I rode the statue down and witnessed the end of N and Alder's battle. Suddenly a castle rose from the earth and I climbed the ramp/stairs/whatever and headed inside.

BTS_fan likes this.
  3. Aquarelle

Climbed up Celestial Tower today. On the first floor, I talked to Prof. Juniper again and received the Lucky Egg from her. On the next several floors, I mostly just fought the trainers, which helped me get most of my team members to level 40. Finally, I rung the bell when I reached the top of the tower.

After that, I did a little more training on Route 7 in preparation for the Mistralton Gym. I rematched the Pokemon Breeder and defeated a few wild Audino until all of my Pokemon were level 41.

4. Drummerdude

After ignoring the Gym Leader/Sage fight that was about to go down I climbed to the top of N's Castle and captured the newly awakened Zekrom but stashed it right in the PC because Legendaries (apart from Cobalion obviously) are for babies! I led with Golurk against N's Reshiram and somehow survived Fusion Flare only to knock it out with a crit Earthquake. N went to Vanilluxe so I swapped to Cobalion who won with a few Iron Head's. He sent out his Zoruark/Klinklang who missed Focus Blast and fell to a Sacred Sword. N's Archeops was defeated by Samurott and Volcarona took down the real Klinklang with Heat Wave. Amoonguss finally got its chance to shine by defeating Carracosta.

Ghetsis got mad and decided to battle me too. Golurk's Shadow Punch took care of Cofagrigus and Amoonguss defeated Seismitoad. Hydreigon was next and I wussed out and went with Volcarona which survives Surf and won with a few Silver Wind's. Eelektross took down my Golurk with Crunch and feeling feisty I sent out Samurott who managed to win with Surf somehow. Cobalion came in and finished off Bouffalant and Bisharp to win it all. I spoke with N once and watched the credits roll. Team ended up all around Lv50 apart from Volcarona who I didn't need all that much.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Aquarelle

After making sure I had enough healing items, I headed over to the Mistralton Gym. I defeated all of the Pilots with help from my Delcatty, Weavile, & Swanna, and had fun with the wind puzzle.

I wanted to defeat Skyla using just Delcatty. I began by setting up Calm Mind against Skyla's Swoobat, which took some time since I had to use several Hyper Potions and Delcatty couldn't OHKO it, even after 4+ boosts (I later learned that this Swoobat has Unaware).

Once Swoobat finally went down, Delcatty had no trouble taking out Sigilyph and Swanna as well.

Skyla sent out her Skarmory last. Since it had Sturdy, it survived Delcatty's attack. Then, it knocked out Delcatty with a critical hit Steel Wing...ugh, that made me mad. I didn't want to soft reset, though, so I just sent in Darmanitan and destroyed Skarmory on the next turn.

After winning the battle, I went back outside, where Skyla & Prof. Juniper talked to me about flying on Skyla's plane. I then went back to the Pokemon Center to heal.

Team:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lv. 41-43

6. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

I flew from Route 18 in Black 2 to White Forest and I challenged Area 8 at White Treehollow. The first Trainer I found, which was a Breeder, was the Gate Trainer so I got to the gate in much less time than I first thought. It took a while to find Boss Trainer Jariel but still I defeated him and I unlocked Area 9. I received two Muscle Wings as a result and I flew to Pokéstar Studios.

7. Aquarelle

At the Mistralton airport, I talked to Skyla and had her fly me to Lentimas Town with Prof. Juniper. After arriving, I took some time to look around the town and listen to its music.

Next, I headed out to the outdoor part of Reversal Mountain. I battled the two cyclists with my Lilligant before going over to the Strange House. I ended up going through the entire house, eventually finding the Lunar Wing at the end.

Finally, I went inside the Reversal Mountain cave.

8. Ignition

Ignition My son finally did it

I just started Black up again. Decided to play with my original team, so I went with Tepig. Battled Bianca & Cheren at home. After constant button mashing, I caught 5 Lillipup for Pickup and fought N. Then I went to Striation City after fighting Bianca with her newly caught Lillipup. I grabbed the free Pansage and battled Cheren's team. Went to the Dreamyard to fight Grunts. Then I went on to battle Cress and got the Trio. Afterwards, I had another fight with Cheren before learning Plasma stole a girl's Pokémon. Caught a Pidove. Now I'm debating on if I should use Zebrstrika or Eelektross (advice would be nice) before continuing

9. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

I did some movies at Pokéstar Studios and I'm up to Big Monster 4. I've gotten a lot of Lemonades from making good movies. It took me a while to get used to Pokéstar Studios after having not done that for a long time and it didn't take too long for me to get used to it again.

10. Sceptile Master

Sceptile Master Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression

Still trying to on/off complete my dex in Black 2. I'm getting to the point though where a lot of Pokemon I need are ones that need to be traded to be evolved, or need to be migrated. I'll have to set aside some time and pull out my old, surgically-reassembled DS lite to do that. ...and maybe do some more surgery on said Frankenstein DS-lite when the time and money comes.

BTS_fan likes this.
  11. DLeck6211

DLeck6211 Furniture of law enforcement

Didn't really do much in White other than battle trainers in Small Dome or Small Arena or whatever it's called. I wanted to do the same with the Big Dome but there was a game going on.

Disappointed that you can't battle the rich family after you finally battle all of them, it would make my game grinding a lot more better.

BTS_fan likes this.
  12. SubtleVVeirdoh

SubtleVVeirdoh Unova Enthusiast

Started a new file on my White Version. After little time breeding, at some point I traded over a Krabby, Magby, and Donphan; I’m thinking of the last 3 to be Unova ‘mons. Solosis and Jellicent are two in particular.

Chose Oshawott as my starter but will be bench indefinitely after I beat Lenora. Currently outside Nacrene.

13. SubtleVVeirdoh

Since my last post I’ve subbed Magby for a (Quirky) Volcarona I had wasting away on B2, named her Hot SauCe. Krabby handled Lenora well. A combo of Krabby/Donphan had enough bulk to make it up to Burgh. Used Volca to defeat his Leavanny, in the end.

Picked up a Solosis after beating Elesa, which I named Dr Nucleus. Added a Frillish (FisH Freak) at some point too; decided Virizion will be my last member.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  14. SubtleVVeirdoh

Wish there was more activity over here. For the life of me, I can’t seem to make a team and keep it. Kingler + Jellicent got redundant pretty quick and the fact that Kingler’s HP is dismal I took them both out and threw a Staryu in the mix, it might not even stay on the team as I’ve been wanting a water type I haven’t used in this Gen.

Also removed Reuniclus; added a Mareep and Braviary. Team feels a little OP, seeing how I swept Skyla with an underleveled Braviary, but seeing how NPC levels noticeably jump after the e4 I should be fine.

Edit: Swapped Starmie for a Poliwag that is now a Politoed. Have made my way through Twist Mountain and into Iccurus City.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  15. SubtleVVeirdoh

Finished White, two days ago. Kept Zekrom in the PC for the climax. I struggled with N but had few problems with Ghetsis. Decided to keep playing after the credits, Definitely struggling with the increase in levels. Half my party can hold their own, other half not so much. Traveled to all the undiscovered towns/cities with the exception of Undella. After making to White Forest and seeing it unsurprisingly bare I decided to play Black.

Didn’t do much on Black, last night. Made it to Chargestone, where Dude Gone (Seel) evolved. Been MONTHS since I played this file, all Pokémon I’m using haven’t used in a play through by me but I’m scratching my head as to why I selected this team....

Edit:
    After a lengthy internal debate; dropped Dewgong for a Remoraid I had sitting in my W2 file. Added a DR Giratina I also had laying around. Should make the rest of the game....fun.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  16. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

Started White over again. Have an Oshawott named Anoki. Caught a Lillipup. Named her Mopdog. Caught a Patrat, named her Warna. Battling N. Beat him.
    Went to Striaton City and got Pansear. Named her Searah.
    Going to battle the gym soon!

BTS_fan likes this.
  17. Drummerdude

Decided to start up White 2 Challenge Mode! I have 5 Pokemon I know I want to use but I am still undecided on a last team member but I am sure I will figure it out eventually.

I went with Tepig for this challenge and beat Hugh's slightly higher leveled Oshawott. I quickly hurried to Floccesy Ranch where I caught my second team member, a Psyduck. Next I beat Hugh again and saved a Herdier before catching a wild Mareep and heading to the first gym. Psyduck took down Cheren's Patrat and Tepig survived his Lillipup. Then Pidove came out. I had Mareep use Thunder Wave and at this point I knew I had it. Pidove easily defeated my Level 5 Mareep and then proceeded to get two critical hit Quick Attack's in a row to defeat my Psyduck and Tepig........I was less than pleased.

Take two. Psyduck defeats Patrat. Tepig knocks out Lillipup. Mareep paralyzes Pidove. Pidove beats Mareep. Pidove does not get the critical hit so Psyduck Disable's Quick Attack. Psyduck defeats Pidove. I hate you Cheren.

[​IMG] Lv. 15
    [​IMG] Lv. 13

Living Arrow and zolios like this.
  18. SubtleVVeirdoh

Beat Black and White recently. Got the roaming duo onto Black as well. After spending some time getting residents back into Black City and White Forest, I caught some ‘mons (in White Forest). Some being Ralts, and a Lotad that will be getting trade to Black 2.

Speaking of B2, I finally started a file on that one which I’ll be focusing on, heavily. I’ll be doing a W2 file, much, later.

So far I have Tepig, Swablu and Drifloon, both of which come from Dream Radar (they’ll hit the PC sooner or later). Currently omw to give my rival ‘uh huh’ this extra town map.

My MC’s name is ‘vvhat’.

Drummerdude and Living Arrow like this.
  19. Drummerdude

I headed to Virbank City next and after training in the Virbank Complex Psyduck learned Confusion and Tepig evolved into Pignite! Both of these were key in my relatively easy victory over Roxie. Then it was time for the worst part of the game...Pokestar Studios. I watched a bad film and then I made a good film. That was a fun 20 minutes. Team Plasma showed up again and soon I was on a boat to Castelia City. I ignored all of the distractions the city has to offer and quickly made my way to the Sewers where I teamed up with Hugh to fight Team Plasma once more. This was all so I could catch my third team member, Petilil!

Then came the training. The sewers, Battle Company, and Route 4 stood no match for my team. This was all so Pignite could sweep the Castelia Gym apart from the occasional Dwebble which Psyduck could handle with Water Pulse. With 3 badges I returned to Route 4 and headed straight to Nimbasa City. I once again ignored the distractions so I could head to the Lostlorn Forest and catch my fourth team member, a Combee! Unfortunately after two hours of searching I only found six Combee and they were all male so I decided to use something else instead.

After that waste of time I returned to Route 4 and the Desert Resort in order to train my team for Elesa who I knew would give me trouble. I also went back to Route 16 and the Lostlorn Forest to do a little more training before the fight. I decided to evolve Petilil once it hit Lv28 and did some last minute training before tackling Elesa. I started with Pignite against her Emolga and got incredibly lucky by hitting Rock Tomb twice in a row which knocked it out. Lilligant came out against her Flaaffy and set up Quiver Dance before sweeping Flaaffy and Zebstrika with Giga Drain. Pignite returned to the fight and defeated her Joltik with Flame Charge. Not too bad honestly.

[​IMG]Lv. 30
    [​IMG]Lv. 29
    [​IMG]Lv. 31

SubtleVVeirdoh and Ishiftyounot like this.
  20. SubtleVVeirdoh

Did more Dream Radar after my last post. Encountered a Quiet Tornadus(I believe that’s the first one). Since I’m no longer above using legendaries in-game, I added the Therian bird to my party.

Currently en route to “train” with Alder. Doubt I’ll keep Tornadus for too long, though my sixth slot is up for grabs so, we’ll see.

Edit: literally, just caught a shiny Wooper in White Forest. Would’ve been cool if it were the Lotad I was looking for, but a shiny’s a shiny.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019