1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

Finally got all my team members to around the same level and decided it's time to face Lenora at the Nacrene City gym. This was a tedious fight since I know from past experience how tough her Watchog is. That thing devastated most of my team with Retaliate. It was here I learned how useless Miles (Herdier) was to me. He kept getting hit with Hypnosis and wasn't able to attack as Watchog slowly chipped away his health. Luckily it was Maple who helped win the day by using Leech Seed. I just kept her alive by spamming potions and waiting for Leech Seed to finish it. So after the excruciating battle I won thanks to Maple. When I got to the Pokemon Center I decided it was time to retire Miles.

I've started working my way through Pinwheel Forest and caught a Venipede, a Pokemon I've never used before in any playthrough.

So at the end of the day my current team is:
    • Maple (Servine)(F)
    • Photon (Blitzle)(M)
    • Echo (Woobat)(F)
    • Titan (Drilbur)(M)
    • Venom (Venipede)(M)

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. SubtleVVeirdoh

SubtleVVeirdoh Unova Enthusiast

Decided to challenge Drayden after I got off of work. The trainers leading up to him were fairly easy; Serperior, Arcanine, and Golurk were used mostly. When it came to battling the leader, the line up was no different. Serperior + Arcanine, using Leech Seed and Will-o-Wisp respectively, took down Druddigon and Flygon.

Arcanine fell to Haxorus immediately, Serperior would use Leech Seed. It too fell to his Haxorus which had set up a DD. Called in Golurk which did enough damage to trigger Haxorus’ use of its Sitrus Berry. Was able to fire off a Bulldoze after getting hit with Assurance and nearly fainting. Though, in the end it was Leech Seed that won the day as it sapped whatever life Haxorus had left after surviving said Bulldoze. Received my badge and the TM for Dragon Tail, saved after that.

3. Storm the Lycanroc

After beating Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest I crossed Skyarrow Bridge and reached Castelia City. I spent most of the day exploring the streets and parts of Route 4. There I caught a Darumaka who would come in handy for the upcoming gym battle. Inside the gym while battling the various NPC's I was surprised to see Echo evolve into a Swoobat. Since it evolves via friendship I didn't expect it to evolve so early.
    • Maple (Servine)(F)
    • Photon (Blitzle)(M)
    • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
    • Titan (Drilbur)(M)
    • Venom (Venipede)(M)
    • Wildfire (Darumaka)(M)

4. Storm the Lycanroc

I've spent the last couple of days doing various things across central Unova. I've explored the ruins of the Relic Castle, caught an Emolga in Lostlorn Forest, and visited both sports arenas in Nimbasa City. Additionally I've been battling as many trainers and wild Pokemon in preparation for the upcoming gym battle.
    • Maple (Servine)(F)
    • Photon (Blitzle)(M)
    • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
    • Titan (Drilbur)(M)
    • Venom (Whirlipede)(M)
    • Wildfire (Darumaka)(M)
    • Electra (Emolga)(F)

5. Storm the Lycanroc

After days of preparation I've finally challenged the Nimbasa City gym. Emolga was definitely the most frustrating Pokemon to battle throughout the gym. It's constant use of Volt Switch, Aerial Ace, and Double Team kept my team from properly defeating them. Despite Titan being a ground type he couldn't land a proper hit on them. After several attempts I finally got lucky and beat Elesa.
    • Maple (Servine)(F)
    • Photon (Blitzle)(M)
    • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
    • Titan (Drilbur)(M)
    • Venom (Whirlipede)(M)
    • Wildfire (Darumaka)(M)
    • Electra (Emolga)(F)

Last edited: May 21, 2019 at 2:07 AM
  6. Storm the Lycanroc

After talking with Alder on Route 5 and crossed the bridge to Driftveil City. In the last couple of battles I knew I was underleveled and underpowered. So I decided to spend some time on Route 6 training my whole team. While training Photon evolved into a Zebstrika and Venom into a Scolipede. Once I returned to Driftveil City I entered the cold storage facility to capture Team Plasma. After that I challenged the Driftveil City gym and can say it was a fun battle. Maple was able to beat the entire gym by herself.

I made it halfway through Chargestone Cave when Titan evolved into Excadrill. From there I called it a day.
    • Maple (Servine)(F)
    • Photon (Zebstrika)(M)
    • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
    • Titan (Excadrill)(M)
    • Venom (Scolipede)(M)
    • Wildfire (Darumaka)(M)
    • Electra (Emolga)(F)

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.