• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Finally got all my team members to around the same level and decided it's time to face Lenora at the Nacrene City gym. This was a tedious fight since I know from past experience how tough her Watchog is. That thing devastated most of my team with Retaliate. It was here I learned how useless Miles (Herdier) was to me. He kept getting hit with Hypnosis and wasn't able to attack as Watchog slowly chipped away his health. Luckily it was Maple who helped win the day by using Leech Seed. I just kept her alive by spamming potions and waiting for Leech Seed to finish it. So after the excruciating battle I won thanks to Maple. When I got to the Pokemon Center I decided it was time to retire Miles.

I've started working my way through Pinwheel Forest and caught a Venipede, a Pokemon I've never used before in any playthrough.

So at the end of the day my current team is:
  • Maple (Servine)(F)
  • Photon (Blitzle)(M)
  • Echo (Woobat)(F)
  • Titan (Drilbur)(M)
  • Venom (Venipede)(M)

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Decided to challenge Drayden after I got off of work. The trainers leading up to him were fairly easy; Serperior, Arcanine, and Golurk were used mostly. When it came to battling the leader, the line up was no different. Serperior + Arcanine, using Leech Seed and Will-o-Wisp respectively, took down Druddigon and Flygon.

Arcanine fell to Haxorus immediately, Serperior would use Leech Seed. It too fell to his Haxorus which had set up a DD. Called in Golurk which did enough damage to trigger Haxorus’ use of its Sitrus Berry. Was able to fire off a Bulldoze after getting hit with Assurance and nearly fainting. Though, in the end it was Leech Seed that won the day as it sapped whatever life Haxorus had left after surviving said Bulldoze. Received my badge and the TM for Dragon Tail, saved after that.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
After beating Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest I crossed Skyarrow Bridge and reached Castelia City. I spent most of the day exploring the streets and parts of Route 4. There I caught a Darumaka who would come in handy for the upcoming gym battle. Inside the gym while battling the various NPC's I was surprised to see Echo evolve into a Swoobat. Since it evolves via friendship I didn't expect it to evolve so early.
  • Maple (Servine)(F)
  • Photon (Blitzle)(M)
  • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
  • Titan (Drilbur)(M)
  • Venom (Venipede)(M)
  • Wildfire (Darumaka)(M)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've spent the last couple of days doing various things across central Unova. I've explored the ruins of the Relic Castle, caught an Emolga in Lostlorn Forest, and visited both sports arenas in Nimbasa City. Additionally I've been battling as many trainers and wild Pokemon in preparation for the upcoming gym battle.
  • Maple (Servine)(F)
  • Photon (Blitzle)(M)
  • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
  • Titan (Drilbur)(M)
  • Venom (Whirlipede)(M)
  • Wildfire (Darumaka)(M)
  • Electra (Emolga)(F)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
After days of preparation I've finally challenged the Nimbasa City gym. Emolga was definitely the most frustrating Pokemon to battle throughout the gym. It's constant use of Volt Switch, Aerial Ace, and Double Team kept my team from properly defeating them. Despite Titan being a ground type he couldn't land a proper hit on them. After several attempts I finally got lucky and beat Elesa.
  • Maple (Servine)(F)
  • Photon (Blitzle)(M)
  • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
  • Titan (Drilbur)(M)
  • Venom (Whirlipede)(M)
  • Wildfire (Darumaka)(M)
  • Electra (Emolga)(F)

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
After talking with Alder on Route 5 and crossed the bridge to Driftveil City. In the last couple of battles I knew I was underleveled and underpowered. So I decided to spend some time on Route 6 training my whole team. While training Photon evolved into a Zebstrika and Venom into a Scolipede. Once I returned to Driftveil City I entered the cold storage facility to capture Team Plasma. After that I challenged the Driftveil City gym and can say it was a fun battle. Maple was able to beat the entire gym by herself.

I made it halfway through Chargestone Cave when Titan evolved into Excadrill. From there I called it a day.
  • Maple (Servine)(F)
  • Photon (Zebstrika)(M)
  • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
  • Titan (Excadrill)(M)
  • Venom (Scolipede)(M)
  • Wildfire (Darumaka)(M)
  • Electra (Emolga)(F)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I continued through Chargestone Cave and battled Team Plasma along the way. After meeting Cedric Juniper and Skyla in Mistralton City I headed to Celestial Tower. While climbing the tower Maple evolved into a Serperior. On the way back to Mistralton City I battled enough trainers for Wildfire to evolve into a Darmanintan.

I was now ready to challenge the Mistralton Gym. I was able to beat it pretty easily thanks to Photon, Electra, and Titan having type advantages. From there I headed to Twist Mountain and caught a Cubchoo.
  • Maple (Serperior)(F)
  • Photon (Zebstrika)(M)
  • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
  • Titan (Excadrill)(M)
  • Venom (Scolipede)(M)
  • Wildfire (Darmanitan)(M)
  • Electra (Emolga)(F)
  • Aurora (Cubchoo)(F)

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Played some more on my W2 file. Ranked up in Join Ave last night, now on Rank 8. Decided to take the easier yet costly route of leveling up ‘mons through my shops; my team is under par, for the moment.

Afterwards, I decided to finally enter Reversal Mountain. Got some shards from the dust clouds. A Skorupi I caught to replace Lairon evolved whilst exploring. Upon discovering Undella Town I healed up at the PC and headed south.

Had some trouble with the OP Karate guy next to one of the waterfalls, likely Bc I shouldn’t have been able to get up there just yet in this point in time? I managed to beat him thanks to him spamming DynamicPunch and missing.

Discovered Abundant Shrine, where I caught an Amoongus in a Grotto. I also received the Reveal Glass after showing off ‘a dog type’ to an old fella. Hoping to find a Remoraid to replace Ludidish, though, I think their spawn rate is 5% when Surfing :(

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Over the last couple of days I've made significant progress in the story. I successfully beat the last two gyms, acquired the Dark Stone, and about to enter Victory Road.
  • Maple (Serperior)(F)
  • Photon (Zebstrika)(M)
  • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
  • Titan (Excadrill)(M)
  • Venom (Scolipede)(M)
  • Electra (Emolga)(F)
  • Aurora (Beartic)(F)
  • Saber (Mienfoo)(M)
  • Nova (Druddigon)(M)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I finally found time to complete my playthrough of White Version. I easily beat the Elite Four and worked my way through N's Castle ready for the endgame. N was pretty easy but Ghestis was more challenging, I really didn't have a strong enough type advantage to beat Hydreigon with the team I had so I used lots of revives and full restores.

I finished the game with the following team, I swapped out Aurora after capturing Zekrom.
  • Maple (Serperior)(F)
  • Titan (Excadrill)(M)
  • Saber (Mienshao)(M)
  • Echo (Swoobat)(F)
  • Aurora (Beartic)(F)
  • Magnus (Zekrom)(X)
  • Photon (Zebstrika)(M)
  • Venom (Scolipede)(M)
  • Electra (Emolga)(F)
  • Nova (Druddigon)(M)
I plan on continuing my playthrough of Generation 5 by starting W2 in a couple of days.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
As promised I've begun my playthrough of White Version 2. Within the first few hours I set off from Aspertia City, reached Floccesy Town, and caught a few Pokemon in Floccesy Ranch.
  • Exile (Oshawott)(M)
  • Gale (Pidove)(F)
  • Sparta (Riolu)(M)
  • Tesla (Mareep)(M)

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Continued my B2 journey last night. Finally decided to challenge Drayden. It was a battle I was thinking I’d have the most trouble with. I overestimated him. Lead with Foongus just to get it some exp. Sassafras took down his Druddigon with a combination of Night Slash/Sniper/Scope Lens. Decided to keep him in when Drayden brought his Flygon. I used Ice Fang before I got hit with a Crit. Dragon Tail. Ultimately, a dog type took down Flygon with Strength. Lastly was his Haxorus which fell to a dog type thanks to Toxic Spikes Sassafras set up earlier and Earth Power.

After obtaining my badge I followed Drayden to his house to hear the story of the once singular legendary dragon Pokémon. After being informed of the DNA splicers, Plasma showed up and decided to freeze over Opelucid. Battled grunts and Zinzolin but in the end we couldn’t protect the Splicers.

Did some traveling and I reached Humilau City. Taught Basil Heat Wave and decided to train defeating both wild Pokémon and Trainers, north of the city.

Team:
Basil/Emboar
Sassafras/Drapion
a dog type/T-Landorus
THE end/Dragonair
Eelektrik
FunguSlime/Foongus (need a better nickname for this one)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I headed back towards Aspertia City and challenged the gym. Thanks to Sparta having a type advantage I was able to easily beat Cheren. Next I headed east towards Virbank City where I spent the rest of my day looking for a Growlithe and training my team in the Virbank Complex. On a side note I now have a divine hatred for Elekid... those things wouldn't let me run away and kept fainting my team.

Once I was ready I challenged Roxie to my second gym battle. It was a pretty easy battle since Exile and Ember were able to overpower her team. Afterwards I hated being roped into her family drama at Pokestar Studios. I just wanna travel to Castelia City... why do I need to make a film?
  • Exile (Dewott)(M)
  • Gale (Pidove)(F)
  • Sparta (Riolu)(M)
  • Tesla (Flaffy)(M)
  • Ember (Growlithe)(F)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
After being held against my will until I made a film at Pokestar Studios I finally reached Castelia City. I spent some time exploring the many streets of Castelia City and gathered plenty of items to help on the journey ahead. Additionally I breifly went up to Route 4 to capture a Sandile.

Figured it was time to start searching for Team Plasma so I headed towards the sewers. Getting through the sewers was pretty easy since my rival was at my side. Afterwards I headed towards the gym to battle Burgh and easily beat him thanks to Exile, Gale, and Ember.
  • Exile (Dewott)(M)
  • Gale (Tranquil)(F)
  • Sparta (Riolu)(M)
  • Tesla (Flaffy)(M)
  • Ember (Growlithe)(F)
  • Mirage (Sandile)(F)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
After saying goodbye to Castelia City I met Colress on Route 4 and battled him. During the battle I used Sparta and he gained enough experience to level up which then gave him enough happiness to evolve into Lucario. From there I took a detour to explore the Desert Resort and Relic Castle.

Once I reached Nimbasa City I immediately headed towards the gym but wasnt properly prepared. Mirage might of had a type advantage over most of the other Pokemon but she wasn't able to beat Emolga. That one squirrel devastated most of my team... so I decided to call it quits and level up my team.
  • Exile (Dewott)(M)
  • Gale (Tranquil)(F)
  • Sparta (Lucario)(M)
  • Tesla (Flaffy)(M)
  • Ember (Growlithe)(F)
  • Mirage (Sandile)(F)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Spent plenty of time in Lostlorn Forest training my team by hunting for Audino. Mirage evolved into Krokorok and now was able to rebattle Elesa, this time I easily beat her.

Moving onto Driftveil City I encountered both factions of Team Plasma arguing. Following one members suggestion I headed towards their headquarters on top of the hill, there I talked to one of the sages and adopted N's Zorua. I proceeded to the Weather Institute on Route 6 and also received a Deerling from them.

I also challenged the Driftveil City gym and had some trouble beating Clay. His Pokemon kept defeating my team members in one hit. So I had to break out the revives and potions to heal while I slowly widdle down his teams health. Afterwards I entered the PWT, won, and found the Team Plasmas Frigate.
  • Exile (Dewott)(M)
  • Gale (Tranquil)(F)
  • Sparta (Lucario)(M)
  • Tesla (Flaffy)(M)
  • Ember (Growlithe)(F)
  • Mirage (Krokorok)(F)
  • Shadow (Zorua)(M)
  • Cedar (Deerling)(F)

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
On W2 I’ve Defeated Team Plasma for good, tonight. Colress gave me a little trouble, but Ghetsis was another story. Ultimately came down to us both having one Pokémon. Somehow, I managed to beat his Hydreigon with Fire Doge. Might search the known Grottoes and see if anything interesting is waiting for me, besides that it’s time to head North and see what if this team and I have what it takes to beat the Unova E4 and Champion.

Team:
du fromage/Togekiss
Fire Doge/Arcanine
purp Sea⭐️/Starmie
Oh you/Serperior
YellaDevil/Electivire
Punchiez/Golurk

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Next I headed towards Chargestone Cave and got through it without much trouble. Knowing I'm not ready to challenge the gym yet so I've spent a couple of days leveling up team on Route 7. Good news is the majority of my team is fully evolved and ready for anything.
  • Exile (Samurott)(M)
  • Gale (Unfezant)(F)
  • Sparta (Lucario)(M)
  • Tesla (Ampharos)(M)
  • Ember (Arcanine)(F)
  • Mirage (Krokorok)(F)
  • Shadow (Zoroark)(M)
  • Cedar (Sawsbuck)(F)
  • Zephyr (Braviary)(M)

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
The DS for W2 needed to charge, so I continued with B2. Took down Team Plasma for good, along the way the rest of my team finally evolved. Had an easier time with Colress, mostly due to ‘a dog type’ but again Ghetsis gave me some problems.

Afterwards, I left the Giant Chasm and made for Victory Road. Trainers along the way, and their teams of a few Pokémon couldn’t really compete with my assembled team. I eventually made it to the exit, where ‘Uh huh’ ran up on me and asked for one last battle before I take on the league. He took down a third of my team, but I came out of the battle victorious.

Saved after the win. Should be challenging Unova’s most elite next time I play.

Team:
Basil/Emboar
THE end/Dragonite
Icy Haze/Weavile
Eelektross
among us/Amoonguss
a dog type/T-Landorus

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I challenged the Mistralton City gym and easily beat Skyla thanks to Tesla and Mirage. Afterwards I met Skyla, Professor Juniper, and Bianca at the airport. We all boarded the plane and flew to Lentimas Town. Strangely I completely forgot about this area of Unova so it was interesting to revisit the town, Strange House, and Reversal Mountain.

I got through the mountain without much trouble and reached Undella Town. There I battled my rival, did some exploring, and finally finished the lost Xtransceiver quest. I flew back to Nimbasa City and met Yancy outside the ferris wheel. Afterwards I continued my way towards Opelucid City, along the way I caught Cobalion and Virizion.
  • Exile (Samurott)(M)
  • Gale (Unfezant)(F)
  • Sparta (Lucario)(M)
  • Tesla (Ampharos)(M)
  • Ember (Arcanine)(F)
  • Mirage (Krookodile)(F)
  • Shadow (Zoroark)(M)
  • Cedar (Sawsbuck)(F)
  • Zephyr (Braviary)(M)
  • Ares (Cobalion)(X)
  • Gaia (Virizion)(X)