1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

Once I reached Opelucid City I immediately challenged the gym. Since I didn't have an exact counter for Dragon types most of the battles were ones of attrition. I slowly widdle down their health but proved victorious thanks to Exile, Mirage, Zephyr, and Sparta. After leaving the gym Team Plasma attacked and stole the DNA Splicers from Drayden.

I reached Humilau City and searched all over the place for Marlon. I literally searched all of Route 21, Seaside Cave, and Route 22 for him but couldn't find anything. Turns out you have go to a certain spot in the city! Since I was so frustrated I rushed through the gym thanks to Tesla, Cedar, and Sparta.

I've spent the last couple of hours pursuing Team Plasma around the map. Colress is probably the most difficult battle I've had so far in this playthrough. I ventured into Giant Chasm and fought Ghestis who proved more difficult since I didn't have any direct counters to his Pokemon. After beating him and talking to N I called it a night.
    • Exile (Samurott)(M)
    • Gale (Unfezant)(F)
    • Sparta (Lucario)(M)
    • Tesla (Ampharos)(M)
    • Ember (Arcanine)(F)
    • Mirage (Krookodile)(F)
    • Shadow (Zoroark)(M)
    • Cedar (Sawsbuck)(F)
    • Zephyr (Braviary)(M)
    • Ares (Cobalion)(X)
    • Gaia (Virizion)(X)
    • Quake (Terrakion)(X)

SubtleVVeirdoh and Majespectre like this.
  2. SubtleVVeirdoh

SubtleVVeirdoh Unova Enthusiast

I had successfully challenged and beaten 1/2 of the Elite Four last night. Though, I forgot to save and my DS ran out of power after I’d passed out.

Started at the entrance to the E4 once more. Checked my party and realized, once again, I’d need to delete some HMs and relearn moves. Flew over to my Join Ave where I ranked up to 7 and a few shops were remodeled, due to their rise in rank. I plan to challenge and defeat the E4 and Champion on B2, tonight.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Majespectre likes this.
  3. SubtleVVeirdoh

Defeated the E4 and Champion in B2 and W2 over the last couple of days. Kept playing afterwards.

Ultimately I caught all three Regis between B2W2. Got them all onto my W2 copy and caught the beast, Regigigas. Named it Big O.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    MockingJ likes this.
  4. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Pokémon Music Fan

I continued my journey in the Celestial Tower in White before I got to Skyla. I caught a male Litwick, named him Leto. I’m also going to catch an Elgyem in the Tower, or at least try to. I managed to make an opponents Musharna to flinch 3 times in a row before KOing it with my Unfezant’s Air Slash. Also, I managed to catch a female Elgyem.

6th Gym:

It was easy, my Zebstrika helped me get through without being damaged.
    On my way to Twist Mountain, I ended up catching some Pokémon, including a Watchog and some more.
    Doing some major team changes. My new team is:
    Searah (Pansear): Lv. 37: Shadow Claw, Bite, Fire Blast, Flame Burst.
    Watchy (Watchog): Lv. 33: Super Fang, Strength, Rock Smash, Hyper Fang.
    Mrtyakalis (Tranquill): Lv. 32: Roost, Detect, Taunt, Air Slash.
    Kodok (Palpitoad): Lv. 27: Mud Shot, Scald, Bulldoze, BubbleBeam.
    Klink: Lv. 26: ThunderShock, Gear Grind, Volt Switch, Charge Beam.
    Galeah (Joltik): Lv. 24: Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Bug Bite, Gastro Acid.
    And going to switch around some team members.
    So now my team is:
    Klink and Searah, +
    Leuweung (Unfezant): Lv. 33: Fly, Air Slash, Detect, Quick Attack.
    Callum (Scraggy): Lv. 24: Rock Tomb, Payback, Strength, Brick Break.
    Anoki (Samurott): Lv. 37: Slash, Cut, Scald, X-Scissor.
    Zeke (Zebstrika): Lv. 35: Flame Charge, Pursuit, Spark, Stomp.
    I went on to the Twist Mountain.
    I battled Cheren. His Unfezant was really easy, his Servine was too. Simipour was a bit harder.
    Doing some Surfing. First to Rt. 17/18 and the P2 Lab, and Mistralton Cave for the Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion catching.

Majespectre and Ignition like this.
  5. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

I did some last minute training in Victory Road before challenging the Elite Four. Once my team was adequately leveled I entered the Pokemon League and easily beat the Elite Four. Champion Iris on the other hand was more difficult since her Hydreigon, Haxorus, and Archeops kept making my Pokemon faint. After using several restoration items I was able to beat her.

My final team who ended up winning the championship was:
    Exile (Samurott)(M)
    - Ice Beam
    - Slash
    - Aqua Tail
    - Razor Shell

Tesla (Ampharos)(M)
    - Power Gem
    - Light Screen
    - Discharge
    - Thunderbolt

Sparta (Lucario)(M)
    - Quick Attack
    - Close Combat
    - Aura Sphere
    - Bone Club

Zephyr (Braviary)(M)
    - Air Slash
    - Superpower
    - Crush Claw
    - Fly

Ember (Arcanine)(F)
    - Extreme Speed
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Fire Fang
    - Flamethrower

Mirage (Krookodile)(F)
    - Crunch
    - Rock Tomb
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail

6. SubtleVVeirdoh

I’ve played a fair amount of post game on both of the sequels since defeating the E4. However, since I’ve played W2 as recently as this morning, I’ll just post about that.

After acquiring Big O, it was time to see the parts of Unova ‘um Whom’ had not yet seen. Decided to fly to Castelia City and travel south, first. My Join Avenue’s rank increased to 8 this morning. Trainers weren’t too much of a hassle, most of my team’s levels are on par with the NPCs’. Made it to Nuvema, where I met Cheren’s and Bianca’s parents. Met the mom of the famous ‘Savage’ whom no one has heard from in two yrs. Also, finally got to see Juniper’s lab.

Afterwards, I headed back to Route 1 where I faced off against some trainers I had initially avoided. Took a left and explored Route 17. Will most likely head down Route 18 when I resume.

Current team:
    Fire Doge/Arcanine
    Punchiez/Golurk
    purp Sea⭐️/Starmie
    THE end/Dragonite
    YellaDevil/Electivire
    Big O/Regigigas

Majespectre likes this.
  7. Vahnstad

Vahnstad Member

Restarted B again. After two days, i have

Palpitoad - lvl 34
    Servine - lvl 32
    Gothita - lvl 25
    Sandile - lvl 23
    Darumaka - lvl 21 (will likely change him for the Litwick line)
    Vanillite - lvl 20

The latter four need some training. I'm in Driftveil City now.

Majespectre and Ignition like this.
  8. SubtleVVeirdoh

Have done some on B2W2 since my last post. More recently, over in B2, I’ve discovered every flyable place. Defeated Alder and then my rival with intermediate difficulty, received a HA Eevee over in Castelia City, and began my ascent of Black Tower. I believe this Join Ave is rank 11, I’ve had Cheren and Roxie stop by so far. Have had quite a lot of success with my antique shops.

I’ll probably continue to power through Black Tower, as half my team is underleveled and we’re aiming to beat Cynthia (at some point).

Team:
    Oh you/Serperior
    Basil/Emboar
    Sassafras/Drapion
    Bleu Bold/Milotic
    Thundurus/T-Thundurus
    a dog type/T-Landorus

Majespectre likes this.