1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Haven't had a lot of time to play for the past few days, but I got a few things done at least.

Black 2: Yesterday, I went out to Undella Bay and caught the Jellicent which was lurking in the waters there. Today, I continued training my three Swords of Justice by battling all the Nimbasa Trainers. I got all of them to level 88.

White 2: Went out to Route 4 yesterday. I caught the Braviary which was hiding behind a house. Then today, I battled all the Nimbasa Trainers which got my Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion all to level 88.

Going to continue with the training a little more. When that is done, I'm not sure if I will do anything else in these games for now.

2. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Today, I continued exploring parts of Unova that I was unable to go to earlier. I flew from Accumula Town over to Nimbasa City and headed to Route 16. From there, I reached the Marvelous Bridge and started going across. I talked to a guy selling Magikarp on the bridge, but he wouldn't sell me one because my party was full. :/

About halfway across, I was able to use my Lunar Wing, which made Cresselia appear. I decided to catch it, so I saved in front of it and battled it. My first two attempts didn’t go so well, since it fainted. On my third try, my Rotom paralyzed and weakened it as much as possible with Thunderbolt. Then, I started tossing Dusk Balls at Cresselia and caught it pretty quickly.

3. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

For the past few days, I have continued with the training on both games. I got both of my Musketeer Trios to level 90, so I am now done with training them. Not going to train any more Pokemon on these games for now as I don't feel like it, and it won't lead to anything either. I'm not going to do anything else in Black 2 and White 2 for now either, so I will not be playing them anymore for now. But I will be back to playing them in the future, which will be later this year at some currently unknown point. It will likely be in about two months from now at the very earliest but it is hard to say for sure right now.

4. Aquarelle

After catching Cresselia, I continued crossing the Marvelous Bridge. I soon reached the other side and went through the gate connecting to Route 15. On that route, I did some exploring and battled several trainers as usual. I found several items, including the Earthquake TM, which I taught to my Tauros right away. Also, I went inside the Poke Transfer Lab briefly, but I didn’t do much there since I didn’t need to transfer any Pokemon.

Once I had enough of Route 15, I headed into Black City.

5. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I walked through the Striaton City Gym and defeated a Waiter and a Waitress and their weak Normal-types, then I spoke with Cilan, Chili, and Cress. I quickly fought against Cilan and he used Lillipup first and I used Oshawott. I emasculated Lillipup with Water Gun attacks, then I used Pansear against Cilan's Pansage. I soon defeated Pansage with my Pansear's Incinerate attacks and won the match. I attained the Trio Badge and the Work Up TM from Gym Leader Cilan upon winning, and next I left the Striaton Gym and healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I spotted Fennel outside as well and she gave me the Cut HM in her lab and then I headed back east to the Dreamyard to help Fennel find the Dream Mist.

6. Aquarelle

Did a few things in Black City. I healed my team at the Pokemon Center and then spoke with a bunch of people around the city, most of whom talked about how much they love money. Then, I entered the Black Tower, but couldn't do anything there yet.

Next, I returned to Floccesy Town and went over to Alder's house. I talked to Alder and battled him. My Emboar was my most useful Pokemon in this fight, taking out Accelgor and Escavalier with Flamethrower and Bouffalant with Focus Blast. I switched to Sigilyph to take down Conkeldurr with Air Slash, then went over to Rotom to deal with Braviary. Finally, my Krookodile easily defeated Volcarona with Stone Edge.

After defeating Alder, I met his grandson Benga, who told me about the Black Tower. I might go back to Black City and start taking on the tower next time.

7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So once I was back at the Dreamyard, I used Purrloin's Cut and Bianca showed up next. Suddenly these two gross Team Plasma grunts appeared and they kicked a Munna. I defeated them, then Musharna made an illusion of Ghetsis and Team Plasma ran off. Fennel showed up next, then I left the Dreamyard and received the C-Gear from Fennel in Striaton City. I then dashed to Route 3 and spotted Cheren close to the Day Care. I defeated him and soon Bianca showed up and asked us to save a stolen Pokemon from Team Plasma's clutches. Cheren went to Wellspring Cave and I caught a wild Blitzle and Pidove. Afterwards, I sashayed to Wellspring Cave and Cheren and I defeated the Team Plasma grunts inside.

8. Aquarelle

Today, I flew back to Black City and headed over to the Black Tower. I decided to start clearing some of the areas there today, so I went to Area 1 and started exploring. That area was pretty simple and I cleared it in no time at all. After that, I went on to clear Areas 2 and 3 as well. Both of those areas were also really easy to complete, since they were only one floor each and I managed to find the gate trainers pretty quickly. I fought a few trainers in each of the three areas I cleared, mostly with my Krookodile, which allowed it to gain about four levels. For successfully clearing the areas, I received some vitamins as prizes.

I’ll work on clearing the remaining areas eventually, but I might explore some other parts of Unova first.

9. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Once I had settled stuff in Wellspring Cave, I wandered south along Route 3 and spotted Cheren again, who told me about the dark grass. Next I defeated several trainers and trained my team against wild Pokemon as well. Soon I crossed a bridge and entered Nacrene City after passing a gatehouse. I spotted Cheren again by the local Pokemon Center and he gave me some Chesto Berries, then next I healed my darlings inside. I walked around Nacrene City after that and visited the Cafe Warehouse and Loblolly's studio. As I approached the Nacrene Gym, N showed up and challenged me. I quickly thrashed his Timburr, Tympole, and Pidove, then N left. Once in the Gym, I met Hawes in the exhibit and saved my game.

10. FLAMEBOY

FLAMEBOY Well-Known Member

So, I actually only recently picked White/2 up from a second hand store - I really wasn't a fan of Black, so I never played the sequel... I'm actually after some motivation. I've been grinding to gain levels before defeating the [bug?] gym (3rd). I've actually given up, like I am really not enjoying the game so far. It seems to take forever and a day just to gain a level! - Not to mention it's hard to find a place to do some good levelling up for the whole team so far. Please tell me it picks up!!

11. Aquarelle

I flew back to Opelucid today and headed over to the Tubeline Bridge. I crossed it pretty quickly and ended up on Route 8 on the other side. While on Route 8, I obtained a Smooth Rock from someone, slid around on ice, and battled some trainers. I used my Krookodile against the trainers I fought until it reached level 80, then switched my Ludicolo to the front of my party since it was my lowest levelled Pokemon.

Next, I entered the Moor of Icirrus and did some exploring there too. I found a few more trainers there and defeated them all using my Ludicolo. There was also some more ice, so I slid around on it in order to reach some items. After that, I went back to Route 8 and made my way over to Icirrus City.

12. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So after wandering along the Nacrene Gym's fossil exhibit, I arrived at the back room where the Gym trainers were. I had to walk around while searching for clues written inside of books on the shelves and I emasculated several trainers and their Normal-types as well. I soon found Gym Leader Lenora's chamber, but I went out to grind some more. I caught a wild Timburr at Pinwheel Forest's exterior and leveled it up, then I faced Lenora at the Gym. Dewott thrashed her Herdier with Razor Shell, then I switched to Timburr and slayed her Watchog with Low Kick. I snatched the Basic Badge and Retaliate TM from Lenora, then we saw Team Plasma's commotion in the exhibit. They took the Dragon Skull and I ran outside.

13. Aquarelle

Spent some time in Icirrus City several days ago. First, I entered the Pokemon Center to heal my team. While in there, I also talked to an item maniac and sold some of my items for quite a lot of money. After that, I headed back outside to look around the town. I went over to the old Icirrus Gym, where I completed the ice puzzle and made it to the back of the room. I saw Brycen there and talked to him for a while before he left.

Next, I wandered around some more until I was stopped by the Shadow Triad. I battled all three members using my Ludicolo, Sigilyph, and Rotom. My Ludicolo reached level 80 thanks to those battles, while Sigilyph and Rotom levelled up a bit too. Once I defeated the Shadow Triad, I went over to the house that can only be accessed during the winter. Inside, I listened to the old Route 10 music.

14. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

After checking all the Hidden Grottoes and re-battling the two Breeders on Routes 11 and 22,I decided to finally catch Heatran in Black 2.I grabbed Alakazam and Rotom from the storage and visited Shopping Mall Nine to change the latter into its Heat Form.I flew to Lentimas Town and made my way into Reversal Mountain,battling all the wild Pokemon with my Leavanny.Soon,I reached Heatran's chamber,and it appeared thanks to Magma Stone.I moved Alakazam to the first slot in my party to get a Timid Heatran and started the battle.Alakazam quickly fell to Lava Plume,so I sent out Rotom to battle the female Heatran.After using Thunder Wave on her,it hit Heatran twice with Electro Ball and once with Hex,and I caught her on the first try in a Dusk Ball.I used an Escape Rope and flew back to Lentimas to check Heatran's nature,and after making sure I have caught a Timid one,I healed my team in Nuvema Town and saved there.

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Once Team Plasma had taken the Dragon Skull from Nacrene's museum, I sprinted outside with Lenora and we encountered Burgh the Castelia City Gym Leader. Soon Cheren and Bianca came nosing around and they stayed to protect the museum and Bianca handed me the Dowsing MCHN item. Next I headed west after Burgh and I explored more of Pinwheel Forest's exterior and fought trainers, then I visited the forest's interior. Burgh blocked the northern exit and I sashayed around and defeated several Team Plasma grunts. I also caught a wild Petilil, Venipede, and Pansage in the tall grass and soon I snatched the Dragon Skull back from a Plasma grunt. Lenora gave me a Moon Stone as thanks and I saved next.

16. Aquarelle

I flew back to the Pokemon League and headed down to Victory Road. I walked around for a bit until I came across a Zoroark that began heading deep into a cave. After following it for a while, I reached the remains of N's Castle and went inside. N was waiting for me inside and started tagging along behind me. The two of us went through the castle together, visiting N's creepy toy room and the throne room upstairs.

Then, I had to battle N and his Zekrom. I had my Emboar in the first slot in my party and took out a huge chunk of Zekrom's HP with Focus Blast. My Emboar then fainted to Zen Headbutt, though. I sent out my Tauros next and finished off Zekrom with Earthquake. After the battle, I received the Dark Stone from N.

17. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Once Team Plasma had left, I exited the Pinwheel Forest as well and headed north towards Skyarrow Bridge. After passing through the gatehouse and getting a Quick Claw, I crossed the bridge as trucks passed on either side. I soon arrived in Castelia City and snatched a Fire Stone from a man on a pier. I walked further west next and healed my team at the PC, then I visited the Game Freak building and registered Zorua in my Dex. I sashayed towards Mode Street and got a Cheri Berry at Studio Castelia, then I lurked around Narrow Street and got the Flash TM in the alley there and visited Cafe Sonata. I stopped at the Battle Company and thrashed some trainers and then I won an Exp. Share and saved afterwards.

18. Aquarelle

After receiving the Dark Stone from N, I left the castle and made my way back outside. I then flew back to Icirrus City and headed up to Dragonspiral Tower. By the tower's entrance, I talked to Cedric for a while and received an Old Gateau from him. I used Surf after that and explored the area surrounding the tower for a little bit before finally entering the tower.

Inside, I explored as I climbed to the top of Dragonspiral Tower. I picked up several interesting items before eventually reaching the top. There, I was able to fight Zekrom as a wild Pokemon. I sent out my Rotom against it and used Thunder Wave and Shadow Ball, then switched to Tauros to finish weakening Zekrom with Rock Slide. After that, I started trying to catch Zekrom, and ended up catching it on my second Ultra Ball.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So next I quickly left the Battle Company building in Castelia City and visited Passerby Analytics HQ and some more piers. I soon arrived at the central plaza and spoke with a Dancer. I helped him find two more Dancers and received an Amulet Coin, then I sashayed towards the Castelia City Gym. I spotted Cheren coming out and Burgh showed up as well and wanted me to visit Prime Pier. Once I had dashed there I saw Burgh, Bianca, and Iris gossiping about Bianca's stolen Munna. We headed to an office building across the Gym and I thrashed a Team Plasma grunt and his two Sandile with Pansage, then once inside we encountered Ghetsis with Plasma Sages Bronius and Gorm. Bianca got her Munna back and I saved.

20. Aquarelle

I climbed back to the bottom of Dragonspiral Tower and then returned to Icirrus City. After healing my team there, I flew over to Lacunosa Town and then headed to Giant Chasm. I made my way through the first cave portion of the chasm and the forest section until finally arriving in the cave where I fought Ghetsis a while back. Kyurem was waiting for me there and I talked to it to start a battle. I had Rotom in front again and used its Thunder Wave and Shadow Ball to paralyze and weaken Kyurem. Then, I successfully caught Kyurem after three Dusk Balls.

After that battle was over, Cheren and Bianca popped up and talked to me for a bit. I then picked up the DNA Splicers before exiting the cave.