• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Once Team Plasma had left the building in Castelia City, I walked across the street and visited the Castelia City Gym so that I could challenge Burgh for my third Unova badge. I had to slip through walls of honey inside the Gym's honeycomb layout while facing off against Gym trainers and their Bug-types. I eventually reached Gym Leader Burgh's spot and we fought. I thrashed Burgh's Whirlipede with Simisear's Incinerate, then his Dwebble with some of Dewott's Razor Shell attacks. Blitzle's Flame Charge defeated Leavanny and next I won the Insect Badge and Struggle Bug TM. I stepped outside afterwards and Bianca called me on the Xtransceiver to challenge me. I dashed towards Route 4 and defeated her quickly.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I flew back to Undella Town. As soon as I got there, I saw Hugh and went over to talk to him. He gave me the HM for Dive and then wanted to have a battle with me. I accepted his challenge and sent out my Rotom against his Unfezant. I took down Unfezant with a Thunderbolt attack and then switched to my Emboar. Hugh sent in Bouffalant, which was OHKOed by Emboar's Focus Blast. After that, I went back to Rotom in order to Thunderbolt Samurott.

Next, I easily defeated Flygon with my Sigilyph's Ice Beam. I then went to my Tauros to deal with Eelektross since I hadn't been using Tauros that much recently. Eelektross was more difficult to kill than Hugh's other Pokemon, but Tauros was able to beat it after using a couple of Rock Slides and then Strength. Finally, I went back to Emboar and took out Simisage with Flamethrower.

After defeating Hugh, Zinzolin approached me and talked to me about the Abyssal Ruins.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Playin Pokemon Black 2 and I've basically sweeped the game (lol no i staggered through being ko'd at every turn) but next up is the dreaded Marlon of the Watery Grave!! His Wailord is simple enough, his other guy is pretty easy but then comes in his dratted Jellicent. >:I It always manages to survive and his Hyper potions don't help!! I should teach embargo to one of my pokemon but ehhhhh it's a hassle. I have a useless team (gonna ditch like all of them lol) but I've grown quite fond of my ever-ready-to-die Cobalion, Bandai! :D Recently I've just been upgrading Join Avenue and going through the Small Courts to level up Buizel. It's pretty fun but I think I'm going to go to Pokemon pearl now. Some... unfinished business, if you will. >:^D

Lorde

Upon defeating my BFF Bianca at Castelia City's northern gatehouse, I dashed to Route 4 and Cheren and I fought too. I defeated his Pidove and Panpour with Blitzle, his Liepard with my Dewott, and his Servine with Simisear. After winning, I healed my darlings at a rest house nearby and waltzed into the sand and I caught myself a wild Scraggy, Sandile, and Darumaka. I defeated two Fishermen by the sea and grabbed the Dig TM in a house, then I sashayed around the desert while thrashing more trainers and then I arrived at the northern part of Route 4 just south of Nimbasa City. I walked into the gatehouse there and obtained some Ultra Balls from Professor Juniper. I saved before going into Nimbasa City.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went inside the Undella Pokemon Center and healed my team since some of my Pokemon took damage during the battle with Hugh. After that, I moved my Krookodile to the front of my party and then headed back outside. I wandered over to a house and entered it, only to get spotted by Cynthia right away and end up in a battle against her.

My Krookodile went out against Cynthia's Spiritomb first. I used Hone Claws a couple of times before taking down Spiritomb with an Earthquake attack. Then, I kept Krookodile in and used Earthquake again to defeat Milotic. After that, I switched to Emboar and used Flamethrower on Lucario. My Ludicolo defeated Garchomp with Ice Beam and my Rotom used Thunderbolt on Togekiss. Cynthia then only had her Glaceon left, which I decided to try to take down with Tauros. My Tauros used Rock Slide a few times, but it wasn't doing as much damage as I'd hoped it would, especially once Glaceon got a few Barrier boosts. So, I brought Ludicolo back out and took down Glaceon with a combination of Toxic and Giga Drain.

Once Cynthia was defeated, I healed at the Pokemon Center again and then saved.

Lorde

So once in Nimbasa City, I spotted a few Plasma grunts. I emasculated one and then an elderly man handed me a Bicycle for saving him. I quickly pranced west and I healed my darlings at the local Pokemon Center. After shopping for items, I left the PC and I explored the flashy city. I visited a home north of the Battle Institute and received a Sun Stone as well as the Strength HM. I got the Vs. Recorder at the Battle Subway, then I dashed to the Small Court and the Big Stadium. As I strutted towards the Pokemon Musical hall, I spotted Bianca there. We went inside and I performed in a Musical after getting the Prop Case. Afterwards, I met Gym Leader Elesa outside as she talked to Bianca's dad. I saved afterwards.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I was finished with Undella Town for the moment, so I decided to use Fly and return to Virbank City next. Once there, I headed out to Route 20 and found my way into the Cave of Being. I saw Prof. Juniper inside the cave and talked to her. Then, we saw Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf appear right in front of us before flying away.

After that, I left the cave and then flew over to Nacrene City. In front of the museum, I encountered Uxie and got into a battle against it. My Rotom weakened it to red HP in one hit thanks to Shadow Ball, then paralyzed it with Thunder Wave. Then, it took me eight Dusk Balls to catch it.
Next time, I'll go look for one of the other lake trio members.

Lorde

I quickly sashayed towards the Nimbasa Gym after meeting Elesa outside of the Musical. I spotted N at the amusement park on the east side of the city though and he pressured me into riding the ferris wheel with him. N soon revealed his connection to Team Plasma, then Team Plasma grunts showed up and N fought me. I slayed his Sandile, Scraggy, Sigilyph, and Darumaka and then N left afterwards and I healed my darlings once more at the Nimbasa City PC. I then dashed into the Nimbasa City Gym and fought some Gym trainers, then I left to train some more on Route 16. I got there and I battled some more trainers in the grass and caught a Minccino, Liepard, and Trubbish. I saved before going to Lostlorn Forest.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Flew over to Mistralton City and entered the Pokemon Center. I purchased a bunch of Ultra Balls at the mart since my stock was getting low and then headed back outside. I then walked up to Route 7 and soon reached the Celestial Tower again. After taking the time to climb the tower, I arrived at the top and encountered Mesprit.

I decided to use my Sigilyph to weaken Mesprit. I unexpectedly killed it on my first try, so I had to soft reset and try again. That time, I got Mesprit down to pretty low HP using Sigilyph’s Air Slash and Psyshock. I then started trying to catch it and had a pretty easy time, getting it after 8 Ultra Balls.

Next time, I'll go after Azelf.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Played my White again and tried my luck in finding a Shiny Altaria, but failed. Afterwards, I used a long stored Celebi to obtain Zorua in the game, which was very late. Then saved in the Castelia City Pokémon Center.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Several days ago, I went to catch Azelf. I flew to Victory Road, then headed back to Route 23 and started searching for Azelf. I did not remember the exact location it was in since it had been quite a long time since I last played through the game, and the couple online guides I looked at didn't help much, so I had a rough time finding it. After searching the entire route for like 89473289 minutes, I finally got Azelf to appear and battled it.

Weakening Azelf was pretty easy as my Sigilyph's Air Slash got it down to very low HP. Catching it, though, was much more annoying. It broke out of so many balls that I thought it was going to end up Struggling itself to death and that I'd have to soft reset and try again. Fortunately, though, I successfully caught it before it could do that, but it still took me like 50 balls.

Lorde

At Lostlorn Forest, I crossed a bridge, slayed some wild Pokemon for some extra experience, and caught a wild Swadloon and Leavanny. I gossiped with a man who mentioned the odd woman inside the trailer, then I grinded some more on Route 16 and sashayed back to Nimbasa City. I healed my darlings and then I headed for the Desert Resort to train some more. I got there and I fought against the trainers and caught a Dwebble and Sigilyph. I also visited the Relic Castle and I captured a Yamask and got a Cover Fossil after slaying Psychics. I then headed back to Nimbasa City and visited the Gym again and I battled against the remaining Gym trainers. I got around on the roller coaster and I saved at Elesa's location.

Aquarelle

Staff member
This afternoon, I flew to Lacunosa Town. In the Pokemon Center, I healed my team and then purchased some more Ultra Balls since my stock was pretty low after catching Azelf. Then, I headed back outside and walked over to Route 13, where I found Cobalion waiting for me. After saving, I started a battle with it and sent out my Sigilyph. I accidentally killed Cobalion with Air Slash, since I didn't notice how low-levelled it was compared to my Pokemon, so I had to soft reset. On my next try, I weakened Cobalion with Sigilyph's Ice Beam. I then switched to my Rotom and paralyzed it with Thunder Wave. Then, I started chucking Ultra Balls at it. Fortunately, it was pretty easy to catch, taking only 10 Ultra Balls. Once it was caught, I returned to Lacunosa and saved there.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Again, in White, I was looking dor a shiny Altaria. I didn't hunt for the whole day and yet, no luck. Then I saved in the dark grass of Route 14.

Lorde

So I finally challenged Gym Leader Elesa at the Nimbasa Gym and I used my Yamask against her first Emolga. Emolga switched out via Volt Switch though, so Yamask had to deal with Elesa's Zebstrika, which defeated my Yamask with Spark next. I used my Simisear instead and slayed Zebstrika with Dig, then I used my new Boldore's Smack Down to defeated Elesa's two Emolga and won the Bolt Badge and Volt Switch TM next. I quickly left the Nimbasa City Gym and healed my darlings, then I dashed to Route 5 next. Once there, Cheren the stalker challenged me. I thrashed his Tranquill, Liepard, Panpour, and Servine and then Alder approached us and Cheren and I had to fight against two Preschoolers and we defeated them.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I took a break from catching legendaries and returned to Nimbasa City. I headed over to the Ferris wheel, where I saw N. After talking to him, the two of us rode the Ferris wheel together and then N left. I then flew back to the Pokemon League and went back to Victory Road.

I wandered around Victory Road a bit until I entered N's Castle again. On the second floor, I encountered N again and battled him. My Krookodile was my lead Pokemon and I used its Earthquake to defeat N's Ninetales and Rapidash. I then switched out to my Emboar in order to OHKO Shiftry with Flamethrower. After that, I went back to Krookodile to deal with Arcanine. My Attack stat got lowered by Intimidate, which made Krookodile's Earthquake unable to take out Arcanine in one hit. So, I had to use Crunch first and then follow up with an Earthquake to defeat Arcanine.

Next, I went back to my Emboar. I took down N's Ninjask pretty easily and then only had Leafeon left to defeat. Leafeon ended up being pretty annoying because it used Attract and Emboar was unable to attack for a million turns. I had to use several healing items on Emboar because it was immobilized for so long. >_>
Finally, Emboar was able to attack and easily destroyed Leafeon with Flamethrower.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I bought Black on Ebay! Finally received it in the post.

After transferring everything from the previous players save file. Which included some decent mons to breed and some HA Poke's. I restarted the game.

This is a first for me. I missed gen 5.

I started the game, picked the guy. Named myself Connor. After that it was time to choose my starter. After 5 mins I went with "Snivy". I nicknamed it "Snake"
Once I got the little guy. I battled both Bianca and Cheren. Beating them both easily. I stopped to check Snivy's nature. It is "Adamant"

Anyway. after the battle I went downstairs and after some chat with "mom", which ended up in me getting the "Xtransceiver" I headed out. I headed for the lab but ended up at Bianca's house. Once she finished her family stuff she told me to wait at the lab. So I went off. I met with the Prof properly. She gave me the Pokedex.

When we left the lab we all got town maps from my "mom". I was itching to get started so headed for route 1. After more "talk", Bianca, Cheren and I went out onto route 1 together.
The Professor showed us how to catch a Pokemon. Once I regained "Control" I caught a "Lillipup" Then leveled up Snivy to level 7. Learning Vine Whip in the process.

After that I headed into the next town. Went to the Pokemon centre where Professor Juniper and Bianca gave me another little tutorial. When that was over I headed out but was stopped by Cheren. We saw a group called "Team Plasma" preaching about Pokemon "liberation" When they left, this man with green hair talked with me. Telling me he wanted to hear my Pokemon "speak" he challenged me to a battle. He used a Pokemon I'm not familiar with, some cat. Snivy beat it easily. Once the fight was over the man went away. Finally getting control I headed out to route 2.

I was stopped by "mom" who gave me the running shoes. Thanks! After a windy route and several trainers. Snivy levelled up to level 10. I was getting tired by this point, so I gave Snivy a potion and saved in grass in route 2.

Apologies for the long post. Hopefully the next one won't be quite as big.

Lorde

So upon thrashing some Preschoolers like Alder wanted at Route 5, I headed further west and fought more trainers before seeing Elesa again. She contacted someone who helped lower the Driftveil Drawbridge, then I dashed across it. I picked up feathers that appeared in shadows and caught a wild Ducklett as well before sashaying into Driftveil City itself. I soon spotted Cheren with Gym Leader Clay and heard about how Team Plasma grunts had infiltrated the city, then I healed my darlings inside the local Pokemon Center and shopped as well. I sashayed outside next and snatched a Heart Scale in a home and visited the Driftveil Market. I got an Expert Belt and then I fought Charles outside. I saved after shopping.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Several days ago, I continued catching legendaries. I decided to go for Virizion next, so I flew to Opelucid City and headed out to Route 11. There, I saved my game and then fought Virizion. I had to reset twice because my Emboar killed it after its weaker attacks did much more damage than expected. My third try went much better, though, since I just had Emboar chip away some of Virizion’s HP with Grass Knot before switching to my HM slave Tropius to finish the job. Once Virizion was sufficiently weakened, I started chucking Ultra Balls at it. I had a pretty easy time catching it, taking me only a dozen balls.

Lorde

With most of the tasks in Driftveil City completed, I crossed a bridge next and dashed south towards the Cold Storage area of the city and walked past warehouses and fought some Youngsters. I walked into the tall grass as well and caught a wild Vanillite and Herdier. I grinded against more wild Pokemon to train Vanillite specifically, then I sashayed into the Cold Storage freezer after meeting up with Cheren and I explored the area while slaying Workers and sliding on the slippery ice floors. I snatched items including NeverMeltIce and the Scald TM, then I arrived in the container and spotted Zinzolin with several Team Plasma grunts. Cheren and I fought them next and once we had won, Clay came to take them away.