• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I decided to go catch Terrakion. I flew over to Humilau City and quickly healed my team at the Pokemon Center before walking over to Route 22. I soon found Terrakion's spot, saved, and then battled it. My Krookodile went up against it, but killed it after I accidentally clicked on Earthquake. >_>
I soft reset my game and tried again, this time getting Terrakion's HP pretty low using Krookodile's Crunch. Then, I switched to my Rotom and paralyzed it with Thunder Wave. After that, I was ready to start trying to catch it. It took a little longer to catch than Cobalion and Virizion did, but it still only took about 22 Ultra Balls or so.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I soon left the Cold Storage and dashed to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I then pranced towards the Driftveil City Gym and saw Ghetsis of Team Plasma confronting Clay. Somehow Ghetsis managed to talk his way out of things and he took his captured Team Plasma members and Zinzolin with him. Clay went back into his Gym afterwards and I went in after him to challenge the Gym trainers. I received a Fresh Water from the Gym attendant and then I used the elevator to go down and battle the Gym trainers. I soon emasculated all of the Gym trainers and their ratchet Ground-types, but I had to leave to heal my injured darlings again. I saved when I returned to the Gym before challenging Clay.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I decided to explore some new areas, so I flew back to Icirrus City and went into Twist Mountain. I visited every room and tunnel I could get to and got quite a lot of exploring done. I obtained a Helix Fossil from someone and spent some time in the icy room. From there, I entered Regigigas's room, where I moved some Strength boulders around before leaving once I realized I couldn't do anything else there yet. I also found the entrance to the Clay Tunnel, though I'll wait until next time to explore it.

While going through the mountain, I battled quite a few trainers. My Pokemon gained a lot of experience and now all of my Pokemon except Sigilyph are at least level 80.
I found the exit soon after defeating the last trainer. Outside, I spoke to Marshal for a while before flying back to Mistralton City.

Lorde

I finally fought against Gym Leader Clay in his underground lair and I used my Vanillite against his Krokorok. Vanillite's Icy Wind did damage, but Avalanche was what finished Krokorok in the end. I then used my Lilligant's Mega Drain attack to thrash Clay's Palpitoad, and finally my Simisear's Flame Burst to emasculate his Excadrill. I won the Quake Badge next and dashed to the Driftveil PC next. I headed out to Route 6 now and stumbled upon Bianca along the way and we battled. I quickly finished the match and obtained the Fly HM once I beat Bianca. I then sprinted into Route 6's tall grass section and I captured a wild Karrablast and Deerling, then I headed north while battling against several trainers along the way.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Once I finished healing my Pokemon at the Mistralton Pokemon Center, I flew to Driftveil City. There, I headed up to the entrance to the Clay Tunnel and went inside. I explored for a long time today, though I think there are still a few areas of the tunnel that I haven't gone to yet. While looking around, I battled some more trainers and got my Sigilyph to reach something like level 82. Now, my whole team is level 80+, which I'm happy about. I then switched Sigilyph to the back of my party so that some of my other Pokemon, such as Tauros and Emboar, could get some training against the remaining trainers.

After visiting several rooms and riding on some mining carts, I reached the Underground Ruins. I walked around and soon triggered a switch. I then headed inside some doors until reaching the back part of the room, where Regirock was waiting. I saved my game in front of it and battled it.

Lorde

I kept strutting my stuff through Route 6 and I soon spotted the Season Research Lab building. I gossiped with NPCs inside, then I ran outside again and I continued to wander north. I battled wild Pokemon and trainers as well for experience and slayed some Foongus that were disguised as Poke Balls. I arrived at a house outside of Chargestone Cave‘s entrance next and I healed my darlings inside before heading off across some tall grass where I battled more wild Pokemon. I dashed to the entrance of Chargestone Cave afterward and I encountered Gym Leader Clay again and he helped get rid of the spider web that was blocking the entrance. I got the Bulldoze TM from him and then I went into Chargestone Cave.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Battled Regirock a few days ago. I had my Tauros in the front of my party and used a combination of its Strength, Zen Headbutt, and Rock Slide attacks to weaken Regirock down to red HP. After that, I started trying to catch Regirock by tossing some Dusk Balls. I used several balls, didn't keep track of how many though, until Tauros fainted. Then, I sent my Rotom out into battle and had it use Thunder Wave to paralyze Regirock. I then continued trying to catch it and got it after a few more Dusk Balls.

After catching Regirock, I unlocked a new key in the Unova Link menu. I might switch over to it next time and catch another Regi, or finish exploring the Clay Tunnel first.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I picked up my White again and continued my long ongoing shiny Altaria hunt, and it still didn't shine, after many random encounters. After a fair amount of random encounters, I saved right in Route 14. Hope it shines soon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I left Regirock's chamber in the Underground Ruins and returned to the main part of the Clay Tunnel. I explored the tunnel for a little while since I thought I'd missed a few rooms, but I didn't find any areas I hadn't been to before. After that, I headed back to the entrance and ended up in Driftveil again. I healed my team because my Pokemon were really weak and then saved before resetting. I went to the key system settings on the Unova Link and changed over to the Iron Chamber.

Once I switched chambers, I entered the Clay Tunnel again and started going back to the Underground Ruins. Along the way, I ended up finding the entrance to Mistralton Cave, which I must have missed earlier. I don't remember whether I've explored Mistralton Cave or not during this playthrough, but I didn't bother with it today because I didn't feel like it. Anyway, I kept going through the tunnel until reaching the ruins again, where I saved in front of Registeel.

Kalosian

So long
Going to play Black 2 and White 2 for a bit (and maybe Black and White a little as well) in order to gather Pokemon that I will need to transfer over to Omega Ruby for Pokedex purposes. I'm hoping that it won't take too long but I don't mind if it should do. I need to prepare 86 Pokemon in total so it will be a total of 4 transfers.

Started today by looking through my boxes to find Pokemon from Kanto and Johto that I will need for breeding. I found all that I needed except for a Lapras. I didn't have one on White 2 and if I don't have one on Black 2 either, I will need to trade over one from Black or White. Apart from that, I had all I needed except for some that I will catch in the wild, so I'm almost ready to get started on the breeding. I counted and the Pokemon that I will need to transfer that are from Kanto and Johto are around half of what I need in total so I will probably prepare and transfer them, then move on to Sinnoh and Unova afterwards. Hoping to get started on the breeding tomorrow, once I have Lapras as well.

Lorde

So I gossiped with N inside of Chargestone Cave, then he left and I spotted Prof. Juniper and Bianca. I snatched the Lucky Egg from Juniper and I quickly dashed along the cavern while thrashing trainers and I also caught a wild Ferroseed, Klink, and Joltik. I pushed levitating stones next and ran deeper into Chargestone Cave and a Doctor on the next floor kindly healed my Pokemon for me. I wandered around a bit more and I encountered some Team Plasma grunts in the next area. I defeated many, then I healed again and headed downstairs and slayed more Team Plasma grunts. After I beat them all, I had to fight my sis N near the exit of Chargestone Cave. I crushed his team and I saved shortly after N left the cave.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Started a new nuzclocke playthrough on Pokemon White 2. Playing as a guy called Nathan with my rival called Pierce, and yesterday I picked out my starter; Ronnie the lonely Tepig. Then I wiped the floor with Pierce's Oshawott, but it was all in good fun as he's a nice guy and not like other past rivals who are douches. Going to get back to my playthrough today and see where it takes me.

Lorde

Next I pranced to Mistralton City and met Cedric Juniper and Gym Leader there. Skyla departed to the Celestial Tower and I visited the PC and shopped. I then dashed north to Route 7 and thrashed wild Pokemon and miscellaneous trainers as I skipped towards Celestial Tower. I finally arrived at the Celestial Tower and I entered the building and then I walked upstairs. I fought a few trainers on the next few floors and captured a wild Litwick and Elgyem as well. A Nurse halfway up the tower healed my darlings and soon I arrived at the tower's summit. I saw Skyla up there and we gossiped and I rang the bell and left afterward. I grinded more as I explored Route 7 and I saved when I was back at Mistralton City.

Kalosian

So long
Couldn't find a Lapras on Black 2, so I simply traded over one from White as I couldn't be bothered to catch one. Then I also made the changes I had planned regarding which Pokemon to breed on which game. After that, I got started on the breeding. And I completed it as well. Hatched all the Pokemon that I had planned to hatch on both games. But I am not done with the first part yet as I will need to catch a few Pokemon on each game as well. I will do that tomorrow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I challenged Registeel in hopes of catching it. I sent my Emboar out against it and took out a large chunk of its HP with two Scald attacks. Then, I finished getting Registeel down to red HP using Grass Knot. Once that was done, I started chucking Dusk Balls at it. It was a little annoying to catch since it broke out at the last second several times, but I eventually got it after 20+ balls.

With Registeel caught, I used an Escape Rope to return to Driftveil City quickly. I healed my team at the Pokemon Center and obtained a new medal before saving.

Kalosian

So long
Done a bit of things since my last post. To start with, I caught the remaining Pokemon I needed from Kanto and Johto for my Pokedex on Omega Ruby. On Black 2, I caught Mareep, Qwilfish, Poliwag, Shellder and Lickitung. Also met a Huntail randomly while fishing for Qwilfish, decided to catch it and send it over as well. On White 2, I caught Dratini, Yanma, Gligar and Sneasel. Doing all of this took longer than I had expected but it could have taken even longer so I suppose it wasn't that bad.

When that was done, I put them all in the right box and sent them forward to their goal on Omega Ruby using Pokemon Bank and Transporter. So that was that. Now I just need to obtain all of the Pokemon I need to transfer from Sinnoh and Unova as well. I have started on it slightly by preparing the parents for the Pokemon I need to breed and deciding which games I should breed and catch which Pokemon on. Going to continue now with actually obtaining all of them as well, hoping to be done with this by the end of the week at least.

Lorde

I strutted into the Mistralton City Gym and got blasted through cannons and I thrashed Gym trainers and their Flying-types while I hurtled through the Gym's layout. I soon arrived at Gym Leader Skyla's location and next I challenged her. I defeated her Swoobat with Zebstrika's Volt Switch, then Skyla's Unfezant with Boldore's Smack Down attacks. I quickly defeated Skyla's Swanna with my Zebstrika's Shock Wave and I now won the Jet Badge and Acrobatics TM from her. I left the Mistralton City Gym afterwards, but I spotted my stalker N right outside. He pestered me as usual and spoke with my Pokemon and then I left to heal my Pokemon at the Mistralton City Pokemon Center. I saved my game when I was outside.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After hanging around Driftveil for a while, I decided to head down to the World Tournament and start challenging the Gym Leader tournaments. I entered the Unova Leaders tournament on Triple Battles and brought all my main team members with me. My first opponent was Clay, who was a little tough to beat as I had my Rotom and Sigilyph as two of my lead Pokemon and they weren't that great against some of Clay's Pokemon like Krookodile. After that battle, I faced Cilan, who wasn't that difficult. Finally, I fought Elesa in the final round and managed to defeat her pretty easily despite having several of my Pokemon get paralyzed. I earned some BP for winning the tournament and then saved in the lobby.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
A lot has happened since my last post. I'm currently training outside of Opelucid City in preparing to take on Drayden. My starter, Ronnie the Emboar, died in a battle against Clay's Sandslash, but sacrificed itself to ensure that Vlad, my Crobat, could get the finishing blow and guarantee me the gym badge. My team now consists of Vlad the brave Crobat, Arthur the Adamant Excadrill (Arthur being the name of Arthur Pendraggon, who wielded the sword Excalibur), and Leanna the Lax Swaloon, who I'm hoping to evolve before the gym and teach Leaf Blade and X-Scissor. Taking on Drayden's Druddigon and Haxorus will be okay, but his Flygon will be troublesome. Will I be able to beat him with a clean sweep? Or will some of my party fall? Find out next time.

Also I should note for this nuzlocke playthrough that I'm giving myself the rule to not use any healing items in battle - which is why I'm finding the playthrough particularly hard and losing so many party members.

Kalosian

So long
Done a few things since my last post. I started by breeding all the Pokemon I had to obtain through breeding from Sinnoh and Unova. Which wasn't many, only 10 in total on each game. And the majority of them were from Sinnoh. Then I also got started on catching some others I need as well. On Black 2, I caught Buizel and Basculin while on White 2, I caught a Female Combee and a Solosis. I have more Pokemon left to catch and all of them are from Unova. So getting them shouldn't be hard since I am in Unova, where all Pokemon from said region can be found. Still aiming to be done with this by the end of the week.