1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So I left Mistralton City and headed to Route 7. I encountered Cheren when I approached Twist Mountain and I thrashed him quickly. Suddenly my other stalker Alder appeared and handed me the Surf HM, which I taught to my Seismitoad. I headed off to Twist Mountain and sashayed through it and encountered some trainers and wild Pokemon within Twist Mountain that I defeated for experience. I got outside eventually, but I had to enter another cave and I got out of that cave after battling and I healed my darlings. Next I went inside once more and thrashed Pokemon and then I managed to emerge in the center of Twist Mountain. I entered the cave down there and I found the exit of the mountain and I saved.

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Continued catching the Pokemon I needed to send forward to Omega Ruby. On Black 2, I caught Ducklett, Venipede, Shelmet, Karrablast, Foongus, Stunfisk, Durant and Mienfoo. On White 2, I caught Purrloin, Patrat, Woobat, Ferroseed, Litwick, Pawniard, Golurk and Vanillish. And those were all the ones I needed. So I put them in the right box along with all the other Pokemon I had gathered and sent everything forward to Omega Ruby. And with that, I am done with everything I had planned to do on Black 2 and White 2 for now, but I know I will be playing these games again in the future. Maybe once I have Alpha Sapphire and need to transfer stuff for Pokedex purposes to that game as well, maybe earlier. For now though, I will leave Unova and go back to completing the Pokedex on the nightmares known as HG/SS... not sure whether I am looking forward to it or not.

3. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So now I sashayed into Icirrus City and gossiped with Cedric, then I visited the PC. I sprinted through Icirrus City's puddles and caught a Stunfisk, then I dashed back west to Twist Mountain again to do some quick level grinding. Once that was finished, I visited the Icirrus City Gym and I got some more Fresh Water from Clyde once inside. I then slid across the Gym's icy floors while battling against the various Gym trainers and their Ice-types for experience in the area. I headed to the PC though to heal my darlings, then I returned to the Gym and I battled the next set of Gym trainers on the ice. I kept that up until I got to Gym Leader Brycen's location within the Gym and I saved my game there before battling against him.

4. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Earlier this week, I continued with the World Tournament by taking on the Kanto Gym Leaders next. I selected Triple Battles again and entered my Pokemon in the same order as last time. During the first two rounds, I faced Janine and Blaine as my opponents. They weren't too difficult since I had quite a few moves that were super effective against their Pokemon, but winning wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Some of my Pokemon were slow in comparison to theirs and got KOed as a result. For the final battle, I went up against Erika, who was pretty easy thanks to my Sigilyph and Emboar.

5. Earth Wolf-Howl

Earth Wolf-Howl Nuzlocker

So I completely forgot about a file I had on Black. I know I was originally using it for Nuzlocking, but I decided to continue on with the game as normal rather than continuing the Nuzlocke. I technically finished off just before I went to take on Clay, but I'll start with Drayden, as I fought him most recently.

While facing Drayden, I decided to lead off with my Carracosta (Crush) in the hopes that I could set up with Curse and use my Quick Claw to sweep him, if possible. Problem is, however, I forgot that his Pokemon carried Dragon Tail, and while setting up, he used it, forcing Crush out and sending my Chandelure (Gallows) in. However, Gallows managed to survive his Fraxure's Assurance, so I laid a Will-O-Wisp down on it and finished it off with Hex.

I planned to do the same with his Druddigon, but after I set up with Will-O-Wisp, it used Dragon Tail again to force Gallows out and send in my Galvantula (Pipiki). I knew that Pipiki wasn't very likely to survive its next attack, considering how frail Galvantula can be at times, so I used Volt Switch to send my Sigilyph (Ajatus) in. Though I unfortunately didn't have an Ice-type move on him like my last Sigilyph did, a Psychic from him was enough to lower his HP down, then enough to take it out.

I decided to play it safe and use Crush against his Haxorus. I decided to risk using Curse again (I never learn), and surprisingly, he wasn't Dragon Tailed out at all. I decided to weaken it with a quick Aqua Jet first before finishing it off with a Rock Slide.

Afterwards, I decided to heal up, then progressed to Route 10. I'm fighting Cheren at the moment, and will update again whenever I'm done. So far, though, I've taken down his Unfezant with Crush's Rock Slide.

EDIT: It was pathetic. Elysia, Snark and Pipiki all took them out quickly.

Current team:

:549: Elysia, level 43, female (I bred the Petilil you get from a trade and decided to use the offspring, if anyone's wondering.)
    :553: Snark, level 43, male
    :561: Ajatus, level 44, male
    :565: Crush, level 45, male
    :596: Pipiki, level 43, female
    :609: Gallows, level 44, female

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  6. Aquarelle

Got back into my Black 2 playthrough today after not having the time to play it for the last month. I continued with the World Tournament by taking on the Johto Gym Leaders. I entered with my regular team members and did Triple Battles as usual. My first opponent was Pryce, who was challenging at first because his Weavile destroyed my Rotom and Sigilyph. After defeating him, I went up against Morty, who was much more difficult and gave my team a lot of problems. Froslass and Gengar wiped out half of my team alone because of their Speed and type coverage. It was a tough battle, but I managed to win with just my weakened Emboar and Tauros left.

For the final battle, I faced Bugsy, who wasn't nearly as difficult thanks to my Emboar. I won the tournament and earned some more BP before saving.

7. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Got into White and tried my luck again on Shiny Altaria. No luck though after several encounters. Hope one appears soon.

8. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Finally got Pokemon Black, so freaking excited to finally get through it. Currently after Straiton, with my team being so far:
    Tepig Level 13
    Watchog Level 12

Bixed Pansage after the gym, I loathe the monkeys. Gonna get a Siglyph for my flying type, so I am likely not gonna change much for my team.
    Also cause I moved my event mon to XY, I am definitely resetting my blackb 2 cartridge and memory link that sunuva*****.

9. Aquarelle

Took on the Hoenn Leaders tournament today. I ended up facing Wattson first, who was not a major threat thanks to my Earthquake spamming Krookodile. Okay, Magnezone was annoying because of its Air Balloon and Magnet Rise, but it wasn't that bad. After defeating Wattson, I had to battle Juan. At first, I thought I was in for a tough battle due to most of my Pokemon being weak to either Water or some of the other moves Juan's Pokemon had, but I ended up having a pretty easy time. My Krookodile and Emboar ended up being really useful in that fight lol. Finally, I faced Roxanne. She was definitely the most difficult opponent I faced today, though I still managed to win just fine.

10. Mega Altaria

Got onto White and continued hunting for Shiny Altaria. Still, no luck. I really want one soon.

11. Aquarelle

I entered the final regional Gym Leader tournament yesterday, which was the Sinnoh one. My first battle was against Crasher Wake, who wasn't too difficult. My Sigilyph died on the first or second turn due to Floatzel's Ice Punch and I had to waste a turn switching out Krookodile, but other than that thing went okay for me. After that, I battled Maylene. I thought that my team would struggle against her Pokemon, especially things like Lucario and Infernape, but I ended up winning the battle without taking any damage at all! My Rotom, Krookodile, and Sigilyph leads did very well - Krookodile's Earthquake was very useful, Sigilyph flinch haxed some Pokemon with Air Slash, and Rotom was good at finishing off some weakened foes. Finally, I had to fight Fantina last. I won, but I lost 3 Pokemon and had my Tauros at red health at the end. Gengar and Mismagius are always troublesome Pokemon for me to handle. >_>

After winning that tournament, I got some more BP. I also unlocked the World Leaders tournament, which I'll probably start trying next time.

12. Mega Altaria

Played more White and still made my attempt to find shiny Altaria. None appeared, and there were lots of Golduck, Jigglypuff and Mienshao. Still saved, hoping for better luck.

13. Aquarelle

Yesterday, I started taking on the World Leaders tournament. In total, I tried it four times, winning twice and losing twice. On my first try, I lost to Sabrina right away as the team I'm using on this playthrough just isn't good at handling fast Psychic types like Alakazam and Espeon. My next try was more successful as I won the tournament, defeating Misty, Marlon, and someone else who I can't remember. Then, I entered again and ended up losing to Tate during the second round because of Trick Room. Finally, I tried one more time and managed to win against Giovanni, Lenora, and another mystery trainer I can't remember.
    Next time, I'll try to beat the World Leaders tournament a couple more times.

14. Mega Altaria

Yesterday, I was playing White 2 and I caught an Illuminate Staryu. And I level grinded Leavanny in Area 10 of the White Treehollow, looking for Pokémon Breeders to battle with so my Leavanny earns a lot of EXP (because they use Pokémon from the Blissey line) and get a level high enough, hopefully to 50. What I was doing was to set up a shiny hunt in the game so that I can go back hunting shiny Swablu/Altaria in the game but I don't have much time to get the Shiny Charm. Leavanny is now Lv 40.

15. Aquarelle

Entered the World Leaders tournament several more times today, but didn't have much success. I ended up losing on the very first battle three times in a row, to Burgh, Cress, and Gardenia. Those battles went okay for me on the first turn, but went downhill after that. On my fourth attempt, I switched from Triple to Double Battles and only entered my Rotom, Krookodile, Tauros, and Ludicolo. I managed to win that time after getting relatively easy matchups against Winona, Falkner, and Flannery.

After that, I entered a couple of the regional tournaments again for fun. Next time, I'll probably go do something I haven't done yet on this playthrough. I think I'll go back to doing the World Tournament on my White 2, where I have all my good Pokemon lol.

16. Mega Altaria

Continued hunting Shiny Altaria in White. None appeared due to not so good luck. Hope a golden one appears soon.

17. Aquarelle

Today, I bought some more repels and Dusk Balls before heading back to the Clay Tunnel. I wandered through the tunnel for a while until I reached the Underground Ruins again. There, I entered the Iceberg Chamber and encountered Regice. I sent out my Rotom against it and paralyzed it with Thunder Wave before lowering its HP with Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball. Then, I started chucking Dusk Balls at it and caught it pretty easily.

After that, I used an Escape Rope to get out of the cave and then headed over to the Driftveil Pokemon Center to heal. Now that I've caught the entire Regi trio, I'll probably go catch Regigigas next time.

18. Mega Altaria

In White, I continued my shiny Altaria hunt and failed to find one.

In White 2, I continued grinding Leavanny and it is at Lv 50. I gave a Smoke Ball to Staryu and set up a Swablu/Altaria hunt there in Route 14. Yet, still no shiny appeared. Hope a golden cloud bird appears soon.

19. Aquarelle

Today, I added the Regis to my party and then headed back into the Clay Tunnel. I made my way through the tunnel until I entered Twist Mountain. There, I wandered into Regigigas's room and challenged it to a battle. My Rotom took out more than half of its HP with Thunderbolt. I then switched to my Tropius HM slave and weakened Regigigas to red health using Strength a couple of times. After that, I tossed one Dusk Ball at it and caught it, which was awesome. I then made my way outside, where I flew to Icirrus City and healed my team.

20. Mega Altaria

In White, I halt my shiny Altaria hunt and I fly around to random places. I visited the Riches' Villa in Undella Town and watched some TV there. Also I flew to Castellia City and bought a Castelliacone there. Saved near the Castelliacone stand.