• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I pranced through the desert until I found myself in Join Avenue. I skipped doing anything there, and went right to Nimbasa City. I explored the city and surrounding area for a while, and I got an HM for Fly from Bianca. I fought Ingo and Emmet alongside Rosa, and I got a Prop Case for Pokémon Musicals.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Today,I visited Desert Resort to add a Sigilyph to my team in Black. I put a Modest Munna with Synchronize in the first slot and started searching. But to my surprise,I soon encountered a shiny Sandile,which I caught in a Quick Ball. I was frustrated to learn it had a Modest nature,thanks to Munna. I continued searching and eventually caught a Magic Guard Sigilyph. Sadly,it was Serious and not Modest,but I decided to keep it,as Sigilyph aren't exactly common. I talked to the Doctor to have my team restored and then I saved the game.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I went east, where I found a roller coaster with trainers in it. I defeated the trainers, and I went to the Ferris Wheel. I had a battle with a woman, and I rode on the Ferris Wheel with her. Once we finished our conversation, I went east to the gym. I easily defeated Elesa with the help of Krokorok, and I was awarded the badge. I then saved the game.

Crobat_Curse

So after a 10 or so month hiatus, I decided to resume my playthrough of White 2 earlier today. I began in Driftveil and managed to easily take out Clay for my 5th badge. I also traded over an Elgyem to add to the team. I've always wanted to use one, and its native region seemed the perfect place to do so. I spent a while breeding for a Bold nature, since I intend to make her a sort of mixed wall once my main adventure is complete. I spent a bit of time training the rest of the team too, mostly Cammy the Riolu, who was starting to lag a bit. She tried to evolve several times, but I'm holding off until she gets Nasty Plot in the 40s. I also took on the PWT (which is by far my favourite addition in BW2) and completed the Team Plasma side quest. As of now, I'm just about to enter Chargestone Cave.

Team

499.png

Simeon
Jolly [33]
Flame Charge, Arm Thrust, Heat Crash, Rock Tomb

447.png

Cammy
Timid [32]
Vacuum Wave, Hidden Power, Focus Blast, Work Up

594.png

Lilo
Adamant [32]
Dive, Return, Toxic, Light Screen

328.png

Opus
Jolly [33]
Dig, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze, Rock Slide

336.png

Lennox
Naive [33]
Venoshock, Dig, Crunch, Glare

605.png

Echo
Bold [33]
Psybeam, Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, Simple Beam

Kalosian

So long
Going to go back and play Black 2 and White 2 again for a short while. I need to catch and breed several Pokemon that I will send over to Alpha Sapphire for the Pokedex there. First out are going to be Pokemon from Kanto and Johto. Didn't start on the actual catching and breeding yet, but I did do a bit of preparations today. I decided which Pokemon to catch and which to breed, as well as which game I should catch/breed them on. Now that I have decided that, I can get started on actually obtaining them as well. Which I will do tomorrow.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I went west and found some Plasma grunts and my rival. I fought the grunts, and then I kept going west until I saw Heartbreaker Charles. I won his triple battle, and I crossed the Driftveil Drawbridge. Once I arrived in Driftveil City, I met an ex-Plasma grunt. I then saved.

Crobat_Curse

Since the last update, I've managed to clear Chargestone Cave + the route after Milstralton. I must say, it's quite odd alternating between Blue on the VC and this, since the trainers in this game actually have decent AI and pose somewhat of a challenge. I also devoted a bit of time to training the team, since they were beginning to lag a little in terms of levels. Both Pignite and Trapinch evolved, which was helpful since the latter especially was getting a little treacherous to use. Right now, I'm about to face Skyla; I imagine my Elgyem and Alomomola will make quick work of her.

Team

500.png

Simeon
Jolly [36]
Flame Charge, Arm Thrust, Heat Crash, Assurance

447.png

Cammy
Timid [35]

594.png

Lilo
Adamant [36]

329.png

Opus
Jolly [36]
Dig, Dragonbreath, Bulldoze, Rock Slide

336.png

Lennox
Naive [36]
Venoshock, Dig, Crunch, Glare

605.png

Echo
Bold [37]
Psybeam, Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, Simple Beam

Bananarama

The light is coming
I explored Driftveil City for a bit, and many NPCs gave me items. I found Heartbreaker Charles, who challenged me to a Rotation battle. I defeated him, and I went north. I found Rood, whom I defeated. He gave me a Zorua, and I moved to the front of the Driftveil gym. This is where I saved the game.

Kalosian

So long
Since my last post, I have gotten started on preparing Pokemon to send to Alpha Sapphire. I have now completed all the breeding I had to do for Kanto and Johto. Now I just need to catch all the Pokemon from Kanto and Johto as well (which aren't that many), then I can send over the first batches of Pokemon to the game I want them on. Will do all of said catching tomorrow, hopefully.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I spent some time on my White 2, which I hadn't played for quite a while (maybe even since I started my Black 2 playthrough last summer...). Anyway, I exited the Nimbasa Pokemon Center and, after watching the season change several times, went down to Join Avenue. I didn't do much there, just recommended some shops to visitors.

When I was done with that, I flew to the World Tournament and decided to enter a World Leaders tournament. I got a team of six Pokemon out of the PC, including my Hydreigon and Gyarados, and entered World Leaders doing Triple Battles. I won my first battle against Brycen, whose team gave mine some troubles, with just Gyarados left at the end. The next two battles, against Jasmine and Marlon iirc, were much easier, though. I won the tournament and got some BP before saving.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Before challenging the Driftveil gym, I decided to explore the next route for a bit. I was given a Deerling, and I did some more training for my team. Once I thought I was ready, I headed into the gym, where I managed to win my fifth badge, with my Dewott's help. I left the gym, and my rival told me about the PWT. I healed at the Pokémon Center, and I saved.

Crobat_Curse

Progressed a fair bit since the last update, having worked through Lentimas Town, all the way up to Oplucid. I must say, I never realised how extensive Unova was in BW2. I've always considered it among my least favourite of the main series games, but I may have to revise my opinion a little after this playthrough. Along the way, both Vibrava and Elgyem have evolved. Now just awaiting Riolu getting Nasty Plot for a finished team; thankfully, that's only another 2 levels, since she's seriously bordering on unusable at this point in the game. As of now, I'm doing a bit of training in preparation for Drayden, and later intend to farm Blue Shards in order to get Superpower on Emboar.

Team

500.png

Simeon
Jolly [44]
Flame Charge, Heat Crash, Thunder Punch, Arm Thrust

447.png

Cammy
Timid [45]

594.png

Lilo
Adamant [44]

330.png

Opus
Jolly [45]
Dig, Dragon Tail, Rock Slide, Fly

336.png

Lennox
Naive [45]
Poison Jab, Dig, Crunch, Glare

606.png

Echo
Bold [45]
Psychic, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power

Kalosian

So long
Started today by doing all captures I needed to do for Kanto and Johto. On Black 2, I caught Sneasel, Piloswine, Pupitar, Dratini, Lickitung and Qwilfish. On White 2, I caught Mareep, Poliwag, Yanma, Shellder and Gligar. Those were the ones, so I put them in the correct box, then I sent over both batches of Pokemon I had prepared to Alpha Sapphire. Next up here, I will need to gather the Pokemon I am going to send over from Sinnoh and Unova as well, I have so far planned which ones to breed and which ones to catch. Going to start on the breeding for them tomorrow.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I went south, where I found the PWT. I participated in the Driftveil tournament, and I won against Cheren, Hugh, and Colress. We went to try to thwart some Plasma grunts, but they escaped. I explored the Relic Passage, which lead me to a Volcarona. I caught it, and I saved.

Kalosian

So long
With Kanto and Johto done, I could move on to Sinnoh and Unova. Hoping this won't take too long. I started by deciding which Pokemon to obtain on which game. Then I got started by doing a bit of the breeding, hatched more than half of the Pokemon I need. I don't have that much left on the breeding so I'll do what I have left tomorrow, then I'll hopefully get started on the catching too.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I used Dig to exit the Relic Passage, and I healed my partners at the Pokémon Center. I went forward by going to the next route, where I met Cheren. He gave me the HM for Surf, and I taught the move to my Dewott. I encountered a Cobalion, which pranced away quickly, and I entered Chargestone Cave. I met Bianca in there, and I saved.

Supersonicbro

So I'm playing through black again and i have to wonder, what's with the dialogue in this game?

From the team plasma members flat out saying ghetsis is tricking everyone, when you first meet them, to cheren asking "is anyone in there?" When referring to the last place in cold storage, when you haven't even looked in there yet.

I know there are more examples but the dialogue felt really off in this game.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I continued to sprint through Chargestone Cave, catching a Nosepass in the process. After chatting with Bianca again, I found the exit. I met Professor Juniper in Mistralton City, and she gave me a Master Ball. I also stumbled upon Skyla. I went to the next route, where I found a man who showed me Tornadus, Landorus, and Thundurus. I then saved.

Kalosian

So long
Started by doing the last part of the breeding, which wasn't a lot. I hatched 5 more Pokemon on each game, and that was all I needed. Then I could move on to catches. I have quite a lot of catches to do for Unova Pokemon which is great since I am in Unova. On Black 2, I caught Pawniard, Carnivine, Combee (found a Female quickly thanks to the Cute Charm lead I was using), Sigilyph, Durant (which took rather long to find despite having high encounter rates) and Mienfoo. On White 2, I caught Karrablast, Foongus, Venipede, Ferroseed and Buizel. I have five more Pokemon left to catch on each game, going to get them next week.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I scurried to the Celestial Tower, where I met the Professor. She gave me a Lucky Egg, and I climbed to the top. I rang the bell, and I flew back to Mistralton City. I went into the gym, and I earned a badge from Skyla. Professor Juniper talked to me about flying to Lentimas Town, and I saved.