• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
I flew to Undella Town tonight and then headed into Reversal Mountain. I wandered around for a little while and encountered some Pokemon in dust clouds before finding the stairs leading to the lower chamber of the cave. Down there, I used my Magma Stone to make Heatran appear. I battled it and sent out my Rotom to paralyze it with Thunder Wave. After that, I switched to Emboar on the next turn and then got Heatran's HP down to the red zone with Scald. I then used several Dusk Balls and caught Heatran pretty quickly.

With that done, I made my way out of the cave and reached the outside section of the mountain. I arrived in Lentimas Town soon after and healed at the Pokemon Center.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Black 2, I continued my Black Tower challenge and unlocked Area 6 so far and obtained the Tower Key. So pretty much with White 2, I can challenge the White Treehollow in Black 2. Hoping soon that one day in Black 2 that I'll defeat Benga and obtain shiny Gible.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Once my team was healed, I walked around Lentimas Town for a little while before heading back out to Reversal Mountain. I ended up going through the cave again because I had nothing else to do and soon ended up back in Undella Town. Then, I decided to head down to Black City so that I could continue my challenge at the Black Tower. I entered Area 4 and started checking out the rooms. I fought a bunch of trainers using my Krookodile, getting it to level up a bit. Once I unlocked the boss door, I put my Ludicolo in the front of my party and used it and my Emboar to defeat the boss trainer. After winning that battle, I received a couple of Zincs as a prize.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yesterday, I was playing Black 2 and I continued my Black Tower challenge. At least now I can challenge to White Treehollow but not bothered with it now because I'm mostly sticking around in the Black Tower for now. I challenged Area 6 and I found the Gate Trainer fairly quickly. The real trouble started after I defeated the Gate Trainer but still, I managed to challenge the Boss Trainer and defeat her. After that, I unlocked Area 7, received a prize and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Took on Area 5 of the Black Tower today. I put my Rotom in my lead spot this time since it was the lowest levelled member of my team. I wandered through quite a few rooms in the area and defeated a bunch of trainers using just Rotom, which helped it catch up in levels to the rest of my team. Finding the gate trainer was a little annoying because so many doors were blocked off, so I had to take a really long route to the gate trainer's room. Once I opened the gate, I headed into the boss's room and battled him. My Rotom took a lot of damage from the boss's Bronzong because its Quick Claw kept activating, but the other two Pokemon weren't difficult at all. After winning that battle, I got some more Zincs and unlocked the Tower Key.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I continued Black Tower in Black 2 and unlocked Area 8. I cleared Area 7 and it took me quite a while to find the Gate Trainer and easily found the gate afterwards and of course challenged the Boss Trainer. At least I beat him and those levels of opponent's Pokémon are getting high, so I'll probably switch to White Treehollow soon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Didn't feel like continuing with the Black Tower today, so I left Black City to do something else. I crossed over the Marvelous Bridge and eventually ended up back in Nimbasa City. There, I went inside the Musical Theater in order to do a Musical since I hadn't participated in one in quite a while. I picked Forest Stroll show since it's my favourite one and decided to enter with my Emboar. I dressed up Emboar in as many props as possible and then started the show. Emboar did very well and got the best review. After the Musical was over, I talked to my single ;_; fan in the lobby and obtained a new prop from them. Then, I saved.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Over the past several days in Black 2, I challenged the White Treehollow. I recently unlocked Area 5 but easily cleared the previous Areas partially thanks to Pokémon Breeders' Happiny line Pokémon. Otherwise nothing much to say and I saved in the White Treehollow lobby.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I left Nimbasa and started heading back to Black City. Once there, I entered the Black Tower and continued my challenge there. I entered Area 6, where I spoke to Benga briefly before I began exploring. I put my Tauros in the front slot of my part because I wanted to train it and fought several trainers on the first floor. After that, I went to the next floor to look for the gate trainer. I ended up finding the gate trainer right away and then found the boss’s room shortly after. My Tauros defeated the boss’s Porygon-Z and then I switched to Emboar to deal with Breloom & Armaldo. For clearing that area, I received a Genius Wing.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
So,yesterday I started training my Growlithe in Virbank Complex.Suddenly,I encountered a shiny Patrat there.I threw a Dusk Ball at it and caught the critter.Then,I continued grinding until Growlithe hit level 15 and saved the game.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Black 2, I challenged Area 5 of the White Treehollow. It took quite a lot of time to find the Gate Trainer but at least I've found the gate first. Once I've found the Gate Trainer and battled him, I went through the gate and battled the Boss Trainer and beat her easily. This time none of my team members fainted.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Took on Area 7 of the Black Tower today. It took me a while to find the gate trainer this time as I had to visit all three floors of the area to find him. Along the way, I defeated quite a few trainers with my Tauros, which caused it to grow several levels and become my highest levelled Pokemon by about three levels. When I reached the gate, I switched Tauros with Rotom in my party and then fought the boss trainer of the area. My Rotom took down Gyarados and Dusknoir with its STAB moves, while my Emboar defeated Weavile with a couple of Flamethrowers. I successfully cleared Area 7 and received a Swift Wing.

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
Picked up white 2 for the first time in a year, sped through the main story in 12 hours its a new record for me, now onto the lovely post game

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So today in Black 2, I challenged Area 6 of White Treehollow. The Gate Trainer was the first Trainer I challenged in Area 6 and got to the gate at a usual pace after that and randomly challenging Breeders for level grinding. I beat the Boss Trainer eventually and challenged Area 7 afterwards but quit early due to difficulty finding the Gate Trainer.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got around to doing Area 8 of the Black Tower. My Emboar was now my lowest levelled Pokemon, so I switched it to the lead slot in my party to allow it to gain some experience. I started on the first floor of the area and battled several trainers before finding out that the gate trainer was on the upper level. Although my Emboar's low Speed made some of the battles a little annoying, it still managed to defeat quite a few Pokemon and level up. On the second floor of Area 8, I found the gate trainer pretty quickly and then returned to the lower floor to find the boss's room.

When I found the boss, I battled her and had Emboar take down her Infernape with Scald. Then, I went over to my Sigilyph and defeated both Tornadus and Archeops with Ice Beam. For winning, I received two Resist Wings back in the lobby and unlocked Area 9.

So I decided to wipe my White 2 save file and start over. Though I decided to drop my starter again, I picked up a Lillipup quickly enough, who became the first member of my new team. Her nickname's Moth. I cleared the usual story events with Moth until she became level 16, at which point she evolved.

Because of Moth, my battle with Cheren was ridiculously easy. I easily took out his Patrat with a Bite and a Tackle (his healing did nothing), and though she took damage from his Lillipup's Tackle, Moth easily KO'd it in two Bites, making it one of the easiest times I had against Cheren.

Hopefully any future updates have more details aside from 'Moth eats everything'.

EDIT: I decided to progress on past Virbank. While there, I decided to catch an Elekid at the complex, which I nicknamed 'Miller'.

All right, so I defeated Roxie and moved onto Castelia. Surprisingly, Moth got none of the action in that battle- it was all Miller with a combination of Shock Wave and Swift. He nearly fainted to Venoshock because of Roxie's Whirlipede, but he managed to live long enough to ace the gym battle.

Afterwards, I forced myself to sit through the obligatory movie thing, and as soon as it was done, confronted Team Plasma by the harbour. Moth, once again, destroyed them, and soon enough, I was off to Castelia. Though, under normal circumstances, I would have taken out any trainers in the vicinity to train, I decided to pick up a team member that I knew that I would never use otherwise (even if I use its more well-loved relatives). After defeating Team Plasma in the sewers (wiped them completely, not worth saying what happened), I went up into the gardens and caught an Eevee nicknamed Asher.

I think you know where I'm going with this. Probably a stupid idea, yes, but I'm sure I could use a Flareon as a decent mixed attacker (even if Asher is Adamant.)

Anyhow, I transferred a Fire Stone from my copy of Black and evolved Asher first thing this morning so that I could have coverage for Burgh.

EDIT: Burgh is down! Asher was my mainstay during the battle due to his Fire Fang, but Moth got some action against his Dwebble. I needed her for her Bite (and I didn't want Asher to faint before his Leavanny.) Moth learnt Crunch during the battle, too.

Current team:
:507: Moth, level 24
;239; Miller, level 23
;136; Asher, level 25

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I remember a while ago I bought White, Black 2, and Y to catch up from not playing any Pokemon game since high school.

Of the three I bought, Black 2 is the only game I didn't complete, so I turned it on today and started training. I was already in the middle of my journey, but I had yet to get to the first town. I beat my rival and looked for a Herdier(?). It was nothing special. It sucks that we have to see Team Plasma again. I have a feeling that they won't be too interesting this time around. I caught a couple of Pokemon to finally get my team started. I have Snivy, Psyduck, and Pidove. I'm thinking of adding Axew (I had the black dragon in White) and some other random picks down the line. I think catching these two early on is enough.

All right, so after fighting Burgh, I got some stuff done. Not a lot of stuff, but still enough to warrant an update, in my opinion.

Anyways, soon as I finished fighting Burgh, I ran north to Route 4 and decided to take on Colress. Though I forgot to switch around my team, there was no real harm done- I forgot that Colress' team were all Steel-types, so Asher/Flareon turned out to be the best lead to fight him with. Though his Magnemite didn't faint to one Fire Fang, a second quickly took it out. A third OHKO'd his Klink. I think Asher might have been confused, but I don't remember. Either way, I don't remember him taking any damage.

Once I was done with Colress, I started to think about my next team member. However, I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to pick up, which lead to a rather interesting sequence of events where I picked up a Pokemon, then left it again when I realised that I had used it before, it didn't have a place on my team or I simply had a Pokemon of that type. Braviary (my 3DS is set a day early, for some reason), Pinsir, Heracross (I quickly gave up on that one), Maractus and Cinccinno were all some options I considered before simply pushing them aside and seeing what else I could find. In the end, though, I decided on Trapinch, seeing as I've never bothered to train one. I caught one after a while and called her 'Trenchant'. I decided to equip the EXP Share to her so that she could just sit in the back of my party and get experience until she evolved.

As I had reached Nimbasa by this point (yet decided not to do anything so that I could train my new team member), I decided to finally do stuff. I took on Ingo and Emmet in front of Gear Station (Miller/Elekid was my choice for that battle). Afterwards, I decided to go to Anville Town, picked up a Rare Candy there, and left to train.

Once Miller reached level 29, I fed him the Rare Candy so that he evolved into Electabuzz. I was honestly getting sick of trying to train him as an Elekid and having him be knocked out every battle, so... best that I use it on him. However, I know this is probably a terrible idea, but I don't plan on evolving him further into Electivire. The thing is, the item needed (what's it called? I forgot...) is something I'll be getting right at the end of the game, before the Elite 4, and by that time, Miller will be equipped for special attacks. Trying to make him a physical attacker right out of the blue would be a struggle at that point. Besides- I've used a Galvantula before, and it has similar stats, so it'll be quite familiar to me, I'm thinking.

As a matter of fact, too, I'm thoroughly considering leaving Fire Fang on Asher and using that for STAB instead of relying on his 95 SpA to get me a STAB move with more technical power. It's probably a little early to say, but despite being a 65-power move, Fire Fang's doing a lot for me so far.

EDIT: After I trained all of my team to level 30 (Trenchant reached level 32. Thanks, EXP Share!), I decided to take on Elesa. Trenchant was my forerunner for the gym, taking out so many Electric-types with one Bulldoze and taking hits better than I thought Trapinch usually could. When I got to Elesa, however, things were a different story. I led off with Trenchy against her Emolga, but Trenchy's Rock Slides kept missing, so I ended up taking some pretty serious damage against it due to Pursuit before it finally fainted. I switched, sending in a spare Minccino that I caught before, Akio. A Volt Switch and a Pursuit was enough to KO him, but I managed to get Trenchy healed.

If only I knew that I didn't need her for the rest of the fight.

I had a feeling that she wouldn't be able to live against Elesa's Zebstrika, so instead of Trenchy, I sent out Moth instead. Her first Dig hit, but Zebstrika outsped on the next turn, bringing Moth down to half-health and sending out her Flaaffy instead. Moth brought it down to about a quarter with her Dig, and though I intended to finish it off with Return, Flaaffy outsped (Static paralysed Moth) and switched into Zebstrika- and, thus, Return hit Zebstrika again and fainted it. I decided to switch to Asher to finish off Flaaffy, as Moth was down to 4HP and paralysed. Hilariously, Static paralysed him as soon as Flaaffy was taken down, making that the most hilarious end to that battle I'd experienced.

I left with my new Badge and will continue on to Driftveil soon.

Current team:
:507: Moth, level 31
;125; Miller, level 30
;136; Asher, level 30
;328; Trenchant, level 33

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I continued training today. I caught Mareep bringing my team to four Pokemon. I raised them all to level twelve and then battle Cheren, which I won with some trouble but nothing overwhelming. While I was on my way to the next city, I battled the daycare woman with the Dunsparce, and she almost wiped me out. I had no way to counter Defense Curl+Roll Out. I was fortunate that I could just muscle my way through.

I arrived at Virbank, I believe, and played the berry collecting game on Extralink. I completed the mission at the Complex. I raised all of my Pokemon to level fifteen. My Mareep evolved. I noticed that my Snivy is going to have trouble training training her due to some Pokemon with Bide, Magby, and Pidove. Plus, the Poison-type gym is going to suck. I'll be needed Psyduck to carry me since I don't plan on catching a Magnemite now that I have an Electric-type.