• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

EspNeon

Badge Collector
On The Virbank Of Success
Nate_OD.png
Daniel was offered the chance to begin a Pokemon Journey in the Unova region. His first task was to find a girl with a big green hat called Bianca
Bianca_OD.png
and retrieve a Pokedex and starter Pokemon.

On the way
Nate_OD.png
met with old rival Hugh
Hugh_OD.png
who offered to help find Bianca.

Nate_OD.png
&
Hugh_OD.png
arrived at Aspertia's lookout point and found
Bianca_OD.png
admiring the scenery.

Nate_OD.png
received a Pokedex and selected
501.png
as a beginning partner.

Nate_OD.png
501.png
defeated
Hugh_OD.png
495.png
in a debut battle.

Bianca_OD.png
showed
Nate_OD.png
the basics of the journey such as healing and catching pokemon, before departing.

Nate_OD.png
befriended
509.png
504.png
on Route 19.

After arriving at Flocessy Town,
Nate_OD.png
was confronted by mystery trainer Alder
Alder_OD.png
who offered to teach the e basics of being a trainer. Alder noticed the 2nd town map and suggested before the lesson that it be delivered to
Hugh_OD.png
, who was training on route 20.

Nate_OD.png
departed for Route 20 and found nothing but junior trainers who proved to be no real challenge.

After continuing to Flocessy Ranch,
Nate_OD.png
504.png
defeated
Hugh_OD.png
495.png
in a 1vs1 battle and delivered the town map.

Nate_OD.png
went on a catching spree and caught:
054MS.png
179MS.png
298MS.png
447MS.png
506MS.png
519MS.png

Nate_OD.png
&
Hugh_OD.png
were recruited to find the lost Herdier
507MS.png
. After searching the ranch, Herdier was found held hostage by a member of the nefarious Team Plasma
Team_Plasma_M_OD.png
. Feeling intimidated the lost Herdier was returned and TM 21 was given in frustration.

Nate_OD.png
departed the ranch back to Flocessy Town and trained with
Alder_OD.png
before once more departing for the Pokemon Gym back in Aspertia City.

On the way to Aspertia City
Nate_OD.png
was recruited to participate in a local competition called the Medal Rally and received a started kit.

After arriving back in Aspertia City
Nate_OD.png
reached the Aspertia Gym and was introduced to the gym leader Cheren
Cheren_OD.png

Nate_OD.png
504.png
made short work of the trainers at the gym and began to challenge the gym leader.

Nate_OD.png
504.png
501.png
defeated
Cheren_OD.png
504.png
506.png
in a narrow 2vs2battle to earn the Basic Badge
30px-Basic_Badge.png

Nate_OD.png
was introduced to Professor Juniper
Juniper_OD.png
for the first time via the Xtransciver. After receiving TM27 and the C-Gear, it was time to depart for the next gym in Virbank City.

Nate_OD.png
captured
543.png
540.png
191.png
on Route 20 before arriving at Virbank City ready for the next chapter.

Nate_OD.png
arrived in Virbank City and met a mysterious character
Roxie_OD.png
who decided to head to the gym.

Nate_OD.png
decided to train at Virbank Complex and assist the foreman in firing up the workers.
501.png
evolved into
502.png
and
504.png
evolved into
505.png
adding major star power to the team.

Nate_OD.png
went on a catching spree, adding entries of
058.png
081.png
109.png
240.png
to the pokedex.

Nate_OD.png
challenged the Virbank City gym and found mysterious trainer
Roxie_OD.png
was actually Roxie the Virbank Gym Leader.

Nate_OD.png
543.png
defeated
Roxie_OD.png
109.png
543.png
in a clean sweep 1vs2 battle with Rollout to earn the
30px-Toxic_Badge.png
Toxic Badge. After the match
543.png
evolved into
544.png

After the gym battle
Nate_OD.png
was recruited by a talent scout after noticing the natural abiltiy and bond with the Pokemon and offered the opportunity to debut in a film at Pokestar Studios. The debut was titled The Riolu Kid vs Brycen Man and received a positive reaction from critics.

After exiting PokeStar Studios
Nate_OD.png
Roxie_OD.png
Hugh_OD.png
met the nefarious
Team_Plasma_M_OD.png
Team_Plasma_F_OD.png
who threatened to steal Pokemon in order to take over the world.
544.png
soon disposed of the villains with it's newly learnt Poison Tail and was rewarded with HM01.

After team plasma were disposed of and chased out of Virbank City,
Nate_OD.png
Hugh_OD.png
set sail for Castellia City and recieved a complementary bike as part of the Castelia City Hunt.

Nate_OD.png

544.png
LV 22
505.png
LV 20
502.png
LV 20
30px-Basic_Badge.png
30px-Toxic_Badge.png

Part 1: On The Virbank of Success
Part 2: CaStealing Another Victory
Part 3: Bright Lights At The Nimbasa Gym
Part 4: Taking To The Skyla
Part 5: Opelucid Blues
Part 6: Making A Splash At The Humilau Gym
Part 7: Every Villain GHETSIS Comeuppance Eventually
Part 8: The Close Of Victory Road
Part 9: Apple Of The Iris
Part 10: Champions: Past, Present and Future?

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Entered some more tournaments on White 2 tonight out of boredom. I decided to do some of the Type Expert tournaments since I've only won most of them just once. Anyway, I picked the Steel tournament first, choosing the Rotation style with a team of Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, and Magnezone. That one was pretty easy to win. Next, I put my Roserade, Ludicolo, Cradily, and Breloom in my party and did the Grass tournament on Rotation Battles once again. After getting destroyed by Gardenia's super sweeping Roserade, I swapped Cradily for my Ferrothorn and tried again. Almost got wrecked by Erika in the final match, but Ferrothorn tanked hits like a champ to let me win.

After that, I wandered throughout Driftveil City and ended up on the drawbridge. I picked up some wings, then made it onto Route 5. I visited the Hidden Grotto there and found a Poke Ball inside before heading into Nimbasa. From there, I entered Join Avenue and saved after winning a Berry Juice from my raffle shop.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
CaStealing Another Victory

Nate_OD.png
resumed his journey of Castelia City and decided to explore the Castelia City challenge. The first stop was the Battle Company. The
Harlequin_OD.png
was stood at the front door. Check. 1 down, 2 to go. Whilst here, we took the battle company challenge and quickly dominated all trainers and the future prodigy of the company.

Next,
Nate_OD.png
entered the Passerby Analytics Station and was appointed a Statician.
Harlequin_OD.png
#2 was stood at the door. 2 down, 1 to go.

Continuing exploring,
Nate_OD.png
entered the Medal Rally HQ and found
Harlequin_OD.png
#3 completing the challenge. Whilst here we also met respective professors and researchers
Scientist_f_OD.png
Fennel and Amanita.

After finishing exploring the city and being reward with TMS,
Nate_OD.png
decided to enter the Castelia Gym Challenge to be greeted by mysterious character Iris
Iris_OD.png
who informed that Gym Leader Burgh had gone missing. Noticing there was trouble brewing ,
Iris_OD.png
lead
Nate_OD.png
Hugh_OD.png
to the Sewers where the nefarious
Team_Plasma_F_OD.png
may be hiding.

Nate_OD.png
demonstrated a new catching technique to
Hugh_OD.png
in the sewers adding,
088.png
041.png
and
019.png

Nate_OD.png
Hugh_OD.png
found
Team_Plasma_M_OD.png
Team_Plasma_F_OD.png
lurking in the sewers and defeated them in a 2 Vs 2 Battle.

With Team Plasma defeated, mysterious character
Burgh_OD.png
revealed from the shadows as Gym Leader Burgh insisting the Gym is now open for challenge.
Hugh_OD.png
left HM04 as a reward and departed.

Yet another mysterious trainer appeared
Colress_OD.png
and commended the ability to bring the power out of Pokemon.

With the allies and enemies leaving,
Nate_OD.png
explored the extension of the sewers called Relic Passage. The passage ended up being a dead end but provided a great adventure for completing the Pokedex with
529.png
527.png
and
524.png
being captured, with data added to the Pokedex.

Nate_OD.png
left the Relic Passage and decided to head North of Castelia to see what adventures awaited before challenging the gym. At the gate of Castelia,
Bianca_OD.png
reappeared with a Dowsing Machine to help on the adventure.

Arriving at Route 4,
Nate_OD.png
found an adorable powerhouse in
554.png
and added them to the team.

With not much on Route 4,
Nate_OD.png
returned to the Castelia Sewers for a training exercise where a hidden garden in the middle of the city was discovered. During the training
544.png
evolved into
545.png

Now ready for the challenge,
Nate_OD.png
554.png
returned to the Castelia City Gym and defeated
Burgh_OD.png
541.png
557.png
542.png
in a clean sweep with Firepunch to earn the Insect Badge
30px-Insect_Badge.png

Exiting Castelia City for the next chapter,
Nate_OD.png
met up with mysterious trainer
Colress_OD.png
once again who revealed themselves as Colress. Colress issued a challenge upon arrival at Route 4.

Route 4 was blocked by a series of
558.png
but Colress used a machine to re-energise them and send them on their travels.
Nate_OD.png
554.png
defeated
Colress_OD.png
081.png
599.png
in a 2 VS 1 battle.

Not much of consequence happened on Route 4 as it was all under development however,
Nate_OD.png
found the elusive
630.png
that appears once a week and added it to the collection.

Nate_OD.png
continued to the end of Route 4 and took a left towards the Desert Resort. The Desert Resort was full of harsh trainers and plenty of battles but with the dream team, short work was made of them. Alot of rare pokemon were found in the Desert Resort and soon data for
551.png
556.png
557.png
559.png
027.png
328.png
and
561.png
was added to the Pokedex.

After some final sleuthing,
Nate_OD.png
found the ruins of a castle and entered. Apparently, the place was called Relic Castle. Perhaps there is a link to the Relic Passage discovered earlier? In the ruins, the mysterious
562.png
appeared and was instantly captured.

Nate_OD.png
healed the team and departed for Route 4 and decided to head right towards greater adventures.....

Nate_OD.png

545.png
LV 30
505.png
LV 30
502.png
LV 31
554.png
LV 33
30px-Basic_Badge.png
30px-Toxic_Badge.png
30px-Insect_Badge.png

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
A few weeks ago, I spent some time at the Poke Transfer Lab on my White 2. I played the transfer minigame to send some Pokemon over from my HeartGold, which I then sent to Gen 6, and from my spare Platinum as I restarted that game. When I transferred some legendaries (& Drapion) from Platinum, I set a new high score of 999 points in the minigame, which was cool I guess.

Today, I left the transfer lab and headed to Undella Town. It's now summer in the game, so I wanted to experience Undella's summertime music again. After that, I walked back to Driftveil City. Didn't do much there, just battled my rival again and defeated him using my Mismagius, Ferrothorn, and Rapidash.

NitroLightningFlash

Recently picked up Pokemon White and started a new game (i needed a break from shiny hunting in 4th gen), and i chose Snivy as my starter Pokemon (favorite starter from 5th gen, and favorite fully evolved starter to this day). I just spent the first part of the game battling trainers, winning the first Unova gym badge (though had to battle Chilli three times before i actually won haha ^^; ) and catching all the Pokemon i can (so i can breed them to build other teams at the end of the game).

I caught a Lillipup as my second teammate, who i'm not going to evolve for a while since he's so cute (xD) and because his Pickup ability is pretty useful. I haven't got any idea what the final team will be yet but that's part of the fun of Pokemon-catching Pokemon along the way and choosing which ones to use! :p

Today i caught a Sawk (along with every other Pokemon possible from outside Pinwheel Forest), raised him up to Level 21 (the same Level as Servine and Lillipup), then we made our way to take on Lenora for the second badge. I'd already took on the trainers in there before (wish i'd left them to train my Sawk instead of wild Pokemon but oh well i only made up my mind to use him last minute which is typical of me haha xD), so we went straight to Lenora.

Lenora wasn't that hard to beat, i started with Servine whilst she sent out her Level 18 Herdier, (didn't want to lead with Sawk because of Intimidate). Servine used Leech Seed first, then kept using Leaf Tornado and after two Leaf Tornado's, Herdier fainted. Then Lenora sent out her Level 20 Watchog. Again Servine used Leech Seed (just in case for some reason Sawk couldn't take Watchog out ^^; ), but unfortunately fainted to a Retaliate attack so i switched in Sawk and Sawk easily defeated Watchog with a Low Sweep attack, winning the team the Basic Badge and the TM for Retaliate, which may come in handy later on.

Right now we are about to go into Pinwheel Forest (Team Plasma showed up and stole a skull from the Museum after the gym battle), and we will probably stay here a while whilst we catch more Pokemon and eventually defeat Team Plasma.

Team:

496.png

Level: 22
Nature: Bashful (+ Nothing, - Nothing)
Characteristic: Likes to relax (HP)
Attacks: Tackle, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed

506.png

Level: 21
Nature: Naive (+ Speed, - Sp. Defense)
Attacks: Work Up, Tackle, Take Down, Bite

539.png

Level: 21
Nature: Lax (+ Defense, - Sp. Defense)
Characteristic: Quick to flee (Speed)
Attacks: Low Sweep, Bide, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went back to Nimbasa today and visited my Join Avenue. I went to my raffle shop there and won a Berry Juice. After that, I went back into Nimbasa and headed to the Battle Subway. I decided to try the Single trains, even though I sucked last time I battled there. I selected my Hydreigon, Gengar, and Salamence and started fighting trainers. My Hydreigon swept through every team I fought no problem. Once I defeated the seventh trainer, I received a few BP and then got off the train and saved.

NitroLightningFlash

Did a lot since the last update ^^;

Managed to get the Museum's skull back after defeating Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest, then took a while to catch all the Pokemon possible there. Then we made our way through Skyarrow Bridge to make it to Castelia City.

After healing my Pokemon, we searched around the city, and came across a dancer there who wanted to make a dance team. We said we'd help. After battling him, we looked around for two more dancers who we also had to beat. After beating all three of them, the dance team was complete and we received an Amulet Coin as a reward-very handy for getting more money after battling trainers. Looked around for the Eviolite, but couldn't find it so we will have to go back there at some point to find it.

We searched around a bit more and eventually came to the Castelia Gym. Cheren bumped into us as we went in, and said he'd beaten the gym leader then left. Burgh (the gym leader of the town), then came out of the gym and said Team Plasma were about, then he told us to follow him to the pier.

Upon arrival there, we found out that Bianca's Munna had been stolen by Team Plasma and she was accompanied by a girl named Iris. As we talked on the pier about what had happened, a Team Plasma guy came and wanted to try and steal another Pokemon, but seeing as there were now four of us, he thought against it and ran off.

Eventually Burgh went off to find Team Plasma, which we followed him and found some Team Plasma Grunts outside a building just above the Castelia Gym. After beating the two Grunts Iris and Bianca showed up, then we went inside the building where we bumped into Ghetsis-the main ringleader of Team Plasma. After talking for a while about Pokemon liberation, he let Bianca's Munna go and left.

After all that, we were finally able to take on Castelia Gym. But first i decided to go to Route 4 to try and catch a couple of Pokemon-one of which was Darumaka which i thought would come in handy for this gym. I caught all the Pokemon possible and then put Darumaka in my team for now and then went into the gym.

All the trainers were pretty easy in there thanks to Darumaka, and for the Dwebble that appeared, i used Servine who takes hits very well. Eventually we got to Burgh and began the battle. By this time Darumaka was almost the same level as my team were (Level 24), so he was able to defeat Burgh's Level 21 Whirlipede with Fire Fang (which suprisingly didn't miss once during this battle, despite Hustle). Next came Burgh's Level 21 Dwebble, which i used Servine for. Servine took Smack Down upon switching in very well, she used Leaf Tornado and was able to take Dwebble out in three hits (Struggle Bug lowered her Special Attack and Burgh also healed Dwebble). Finally Burgh's Level 23 Leavanny came out, which Darumaka easily beat (again not missing Fire Fang), earning the team the victory, the Insect Badge and the TM for Struggle Bug.

Upon leaving the Gym, Bianca called on the Xtranceiver and asked to battle, so after healing up. We made our way back to Route 4 and in the gateway leading to the route, Bianca and i battled. As usual though, Bianca wasn't much of a challenge, so after beating her, we continued to Route 4-where Cheren now wanted to battle us too . Like Bianca though he was easy to beat.

After Cheren left, we decided to explore the Desert Resort. So we made our way there, battling any trainers we met and managed to pick up the TM's for Torment and Dig respectively. We captured every Pokemon we could in the desert, though Sigilyph was pretty hard to come by and when we finally encountered it, it was horribly natured (ingame i don't bother much about natures-except when natures - something that the Pokemon is good at, Sigilyph first had a - Speed nature, then a -Sp. Attack nature). It took three tries (and about 45 minutes just searching for it since it's so rare), but i was determined to get one as i was catching as many Pokemon as possible anyway, plus i like Sigilyph and wanted one on my team as it's one of my favorite Psychic Pokemon. As we were looking for Sigilyph, we came across the TM for Rock Tomb as well.

We eventually found one with a decent nature and then we went into Nimbasa City (after bumping into Cheren again and Professor Juniper in the gateway to Nimbasa, where we received Ultra Ball's from the Professor). Upon arrival into Nimbasa City, we saw Team Plasma talking to an old man who apparently ran a Pokemon Daycare, they were asking him to hand over all the Pokemon there, the old man refused and then saw us and asked us to help him. So we battled Team Plasma, and after winning the old man thanked us and we received the Bicycle as a reward (YES!! xD). We then rested up in the Pokemon Centre.

Team:

496.png

Level: 25
Attacks: Tackle, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Mega Drain

506.png

Level: 25
Attacks: Work Up, Dig, Take Down, Crunch

539.png

Level: 26
Attacks: Low Sweep, Bide, Focus Energy, Karate Chop

554.png

Nature: Gentle (+ Sp. Defense, - Defense)
Characteristic: A little quick tempered (Attack)
Attacks: Fire Punch, Dig, Work Up, Facade

561.png

Nature: Rash (+ Sp. Attack, - Sp. Defense)
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about (Attack)
Attacks: Psywave, Air Cutter, Whirlwind, Psybeam

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Took on another round of trainers at the Battle Subway. Again, defeating seven trainers was easy and I swept every opponent's team with just Hydreigon like last time. Once I got off the train and received my BP, I decided to head back to the station in Nimbasa.

Next, I did some Funfest Missions since I hadn't done any in a long time. I mostly did the mission to find shards as I always like adding to my shard collection. I managed to find quite a few shards scattered all over the place, which was pretty nice.

NitroLightningFlash

After taking a break at the Pokemon Centre, we went back to Castelia City and this time we found the guy who gives you the Eviolite hehe, at least we have it now ^^;

Once we got back into Nimbasa City, we started looking around the city. Bumped into Bianca again who seemed interested in Pokemon Musicals, so we went inside the building where Musicals are held and upon entry, received a Prop Case. Was forced to 'dress up' one of my Pokemon (the game wouldn't continue until we did it). So i chose Sigilyph (i'm so sorry Sigilyph for torturing you with this ;-; ) and dressed her in a Green Barrette on top of her 'head' (her single eye), matching 'Green Hula Skirt' on her bottom wings (?!), Square Glasses on her middle (since it looks like two eyes...sort of?) and finally in a 'Small Barrette' which i attached like a ribbon on the beginning of her right wing (actually looked kind of cute in a 'unique way' since Sigilyph is a really unique looking Pokemon anyway) and then the Musical guy let me and Bianca leave after saying we co-ordinated everything well. We tried the Musical after Bianca left the building just for fun. I dressed Sigilyph up the same way as before and entered a Musical (i clicked too fast so i couldn't see what it was called, but it was the first option) and well...me and Sigilyph came in last place (or what i assume was last since the Musical guy came to us first hehe). Funnily enough, the guy said the audience thought that Sigilyph looked 'unique' which imo is what Sigilyph is anyway as i said above so i got something right at least? xD I'm terrible at this, but i only entered for fun anyway this one time-didn't get any props from anybody either...well that's just great...haha oh well xD

Anyway, after Musical shenanigans were over, we went outside the building and Bianca was there talking to her father who had just shown up, telling her he wanted Bianca to go back home with him. Bianca refused, saying she wanted to stay on her journey. During the conversation, the Nimbasa City gym leader (Elesa) came up and intervened and managed to persuade Bianca's dad to let her stay on her journey. Then she introduced herself saying she was the gym leader of the town and a model and to come and challenge her at her gym, then left and Bianca did too soon after.

After trying to get into the Battle Subway, we were stopped by a girl who gave us the VS. Recorder to record wi-fi battles on (not really much use anymore but still xD) and then went to the right of the city where we bumped into N again, who went with us on the Ferris Wheel and whilst inside, he told us that he was the king of Team Plasma and that Ghetsis had asked him to help free the Pokemon. After leaving the Ferris Wheel, two Team Plasma grunts were waiting for N. N said that he would battle us in order to give his comrades time to escape. He wasn't too hard to battle as always (though both Darumaka and Lillipup got critted during the battle...) and after being defeated he said our only hope to save the Pokemon was to collect all 8 Unova gym badges, then he left.

After healing my Pokemon, we went into the gym and started battling the trainers (before which i taught Sawk and Darumake Rock Tomb because i knew there'd be some Emolga in the gym which were an absolute pain with their Static ability and their repeated Double Team attacks (although somehow Darumaka still didn't miss a move, despite the Double Teams and Hustle). Eventually, we reached the Gym Leader and challenged her to a battle.

She started out with her Level 25 Emolga (Male), whilst i started with Darumaka. Emolga used Volt Switch right away and went into ANOTHER Emolga (also Level 25 but Female). Darumaka landed a Fire Punch (i didn't go for Rock Tomb in case she switched to her third Pokemon instead), but got Paralyzed right away by Emolga's Static-fantastic...good start here guys...and i forgot to bring Paralyz Heals...dang. Elesa then used a Hyper Potion on Emolga whilst for the first time in a gym, Darumaka missed his attack (Rock Tomb)...Emolga Volt Switched again into the male Emolga, but this time Darumaka connected with his Rock Tomb and lowered Emolga's Speed (not that it mattered much since Darumaka was paralyzed). I had to Super Potion Darumaka at this point and Emolga also healed with a Hyper Potion...this is such a fun battle not lol...Emolga Volt Switched again into the female Emolga-critting Darumaka whilst doing so-Darumaka fainted!

I went into Sawk. Emolga actually used Pursuit this time though (don't know why since it's resisted by Sawk) and Sawk went for a Rock Tomb and (thankfully!) outsped Emolga due to the Speed drop and used Rock Tomb again, growing to Level 27 in the process. Elesa then sent out her male Emolga who went for Aerial Ace (i forgot they could use that ^^; ), which did quite a bit of damage (just under half), but thankfully Sawk outsped again the next turn and Rock Tombed Emolga again.

FINALLY Elesa sent out her main Pokemon-her Level 27 Zebstrika. I retreated Sawk (i stupidly forgot to give him Dig and only gave it to Lillipup and Darumaka...), so i sent out Lillipup. Zebstrika went for Spark which did quite a lot to Lillipup (i hadn't given him the Eviolite because of Pickup), Lillipup used Dig and avoided the next Spark attack, then (almost) took Zebstrika out with one hit. Knowing Lillipup couldn't take another hit-even if i Super Potioned him-i then switched into Servine and thought she could finish Zebstrika off with a Leaf Tornado (after taking both a Spark and a Quick Attack from Zebstrika), but i was wrong and Servine got critted by a Flame Charge next turn-Servine fainted! So i sent out Sigilyph, who after surviving a Spark attack from Zebstrika, was able to finish the battle with a Psybeam attack, earning the team the Bolt Badge and the TM for Volt Switch (...that move that really messed my team up)...after that we left the gym and i healed my Pokemon and then rested up again at the Pokemon Centre before we go to the next Route (Elesa said she needed to tell somebody to let down the Drawbridge so we could get to the next town).

Lessons learned today...

1. I seriously may have to evolve Lillipup in the end and just carry another Lillipup around if i want to use Pickup since what happened with Zebstrika would never of happened if he'd took Zebstrika out in one hit (he left Zebstrika with like 1 HP...)

2. Critical Hits suck!

3. Emolga's and Volt Switch are ANNOYING to face in battle -.-;;...

Team:

496.png

Attacks: Tackle, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Mega Drain

506.png

Level: 27
Attacks: Work Up, Dig, Take Down, Crunch

539.png

Attacks: Low Sweep, Rock Tomb, Focus Energy, Karate Chop

554.png

Nature: Gentle (+ Sp. Defense, - Defense)
Characteristic: A little quick tempered (Attack)
Attacks: Fire Punch, Dig, Work Up, Rock Tomb

561.png

Nature: Rash (+ Sp. Attack, - Sp. Defense)
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about (Attack)
Attacks: Psywave, Air Cutter, Whirlwind, Psybeam

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did several Funfest Missions today. First, I selected the Find Emolga! one, which I'd never cleared before. I went to Route 5 to search for one, but I mostly found Audino in the shaking grass. Finally, I found an Emolga when the time was close to running out, so I successfully completed the level 1 version of that mission. After that, I did the missions involving finding berries and shards again, so I could get some more items.

When that was done, I went back to the Battle Subway to finish my challenge on the Single train. Most trainers weren't too bad, though my Hydreigon fainted a couple of times so I had to win those battles with Salamence. I also defeated Ingo without too much trouble.

Since starting my complete playthrough of Soul Silver (post #403 on the Gen 4 recent happenings thread), I thought it would be a good idea to run through Black version in a similar manner but without soft resetting for a shiny starter this time!

I selected Snivy - my favourite Unova starter - to join me on the quest and played through to Striaton City while collecting items and capturing Pokemon. It was fairly easy to capture Patrat, Lillipup and Purrloin with just one ball each but I didn't want to train any of them since none grabbed my interest. Since Accumula Town is such a basic place, I have already been able to scratch it off my list of incomplete locations and mark it as COMPLETE with all battles and items in the town collected on the first visit. After reaching Striaton City I went to the Dreamyard where I picked up Panpour from the girl in the corner to help me through the first gym.

After stomping on Cheren at the Trainer School and beating my way to Chilli, I thought that the leader would be no problem at all but he managed to knock out my Snivy with his Pansear with only a tiny amount of health remaining. To finish him off I used Panpour's Water Gun but was annoyed that not all of the experience went to Snivy :(

With the Trio Badge in hand, I returned to the Dreamyard with my Cut slave Patrat and took on Team Plasma. Nearly cost myself a blackout during this back-to-back battle since I wasn't looking at the screen and the first Grunt's Patrat used Bide to take out Snivy!!! The Patrat was finished off with Panpour but the following Purrloin took him out fairly easily. To get through the battle, I used a combination of Leer (Lillipup and Patrat) and Scratch (Purrloin) to defeat Team Plasma.

Obviously, I returned to the Pokemon Center to heal up Snivy since Purrloin is such a trash Pokemon and went back to the Dreamyard to collect items and snag Munna and Audino. The Audino was a difficult one to catch and took three Pokeballs but now she's mine and rotting in the PC :)

With nothing else to do in Striaton, I have moved onto Route 3 with my level 15 Snivy where I have saved the game with the current progress:

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 10 (Seen), 7 (Obtained)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Completed two more Funfest Missions for the first time today. The first one I did was The Bell That Rings 3 Times. I was worried about running out of time on that one, but it ended up being really easy. After that, the next mission I did was, iirc, Search for 3 Pokémon. Now, I did find 3 Pokemon in dust clouds...but failed the mission as I didn't know at first that running from a Pokemon makes it not count. :/ Had to redo the mission and succeeded.

After that, I did the FIND SHARDS!!! mission again since that one is the best. :p

Black

On Route 3, I started by capturing Pidove and Blitzle before heading to the Wellspring Cave to help Cheren retrieve a stolen Pokemon. At the entrance of the cave I started to fill up the required spots in my Pokedex for Woobat and Roggenrola but very unexpectedly ran into a swirling cloud of dust that appeared right under my feet! This revealed a Drilbur which I have had a hard time in finding in the past, relying on Repels to get the job done. I caught him and added him to the team along with the Woobat.

We dealt with Team Plasma easily and headed south towards Nacrene City, fighting the trainers along the way. Upon entering the city, I made a beeline for the outskirts of Pinwheel forest and started making my way through there.
My first trip into the doubles grass turned up a Sawk and a Pidove that nearly knocked out my Servine in one round of attacks. We ran away to fight again another day and instead focused on the singles grass instead.

I caught Tympole and Timburr without a hitch but Sawk caused me some difficulty, resulting in the use of 11 Pokeballs, 2 Great Ball, an Ultra Ball and 2 Premier Balls before it stopped struggling!!! Since most of my Pokeballs were gone at this point, I had to stock up before starting the search for Throh. It took a total of 2 hours and 12 minutes before a Throh showed in a patch of rustling grass and unlike its counterpart, stayed in the first Pokeball that was thrown >.<.

From there I took on Lenora's Gym with ease and now I'm heading into the inner area of Pinwheel Forest with Burgh in pursuit of Team Plasma.

Servine lvl 22
Drilbur lvl 25
Woobat lvl 20

Badges: 2
Pokedex: seen 26, obtained 18

Black 2

In the same vein as my Black playthrough, I started Black 2 and selected Oshawott to take me through the game. The journey so far has been pretty basic without giving me too much grief with finding Pokedex entries or difficult battles to face.

Patrat, Purrloin, Pidove, Sewaddle, Sunkern, Lillipup, Mareep, Psyduck, Azurill, Riolu, Dunsparce, Audino and Venipede are all collected but the biggest surprise was Riolu – it was my second encounter at Floccesy Ranch but usually it takes me ages to find one!

I'm now in Virbank City, ready to head to the Virbank Complex and expand the Pokedex even further.

Oshawott lvl 16
Flaaffy lvl 15
Riolu lvl 5

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 18 seen, 15 obtained

Aquarelle

Staff member
I continued doing Funfest Missions again today. First, I played the finding ores & shards ones a few more times to get some good items. I then played Find Shards! at level 2, since it looked like I'd only done it on level 1 and my record score was higher than the target level 2 score. I failed the mission on my first try as I accidentally got into a battle with a Breeder (plus I just wasn't finding a lot of shards in the area of Unova I was in). However, I surpassed the 16 shard target on my second try after I went back to my go-to shard finding place, Relic Passage.

Then, I did a mission that I'd never completed before on any level, The 2 Lost Treasures. I thought it would be an annoying mission based on its description, but I ended up finding 2 items really quickly. IIRC, I found a Tinymushroom and a Big Pearl.

Finally, I went to my Join Avenue. I bought a bunch of Max Repels in bulk, since I've been going through so many repels while doing Funfest Missions.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Bright Lights At The Nimbasa Gym

The journey resumes with
Nate_OD.png
and team arriving at Route 4. The area is still in development but plenty of trainers are roaming around and raring for battles.
Nate_OD.png
559.png
568.png
551.png
and the illustrious Pokemon that appears only on Thursday
630.png
After some intense battles
554.png
gained experience and evolved into the powerhouse
555.png

With very little left to explore on Route 4,
Nate_OD.png
took a left turn at the end of the road and decided to explore the Desert Resort.
The Desert Resort provided much use in updating data in the Pokedex with entries for
027.png
557.png
556.png
328.png
561.png
being added.
In the Desert Resort a hidden Relic Castle was discovered, partially sunk into the ground. There were few Pokemon here , with the exception of
562.png
. Perhaps there was some link here to the Relic Passage earlier discovered in Castelia Sewers?
Exiting the Desert Resort, many trainers issued a challenge in a warm up battle for the next gym leader. During the battles
502.png
evolved into
503.png

Nate_OD.png
arrived at Route 4 once more and took the right exit towards Join Avenue.
Upon entering Join Avenue,
Nate_OD.png
was promoted to the manager and began on an enterprise challenge.
After a walk through Join Avenue,
Nate_OD.png
arrived at Nimbasa City where immediately
Rosa_OD.png
requested assistance in battling the Subway Bosses
Ingo_OD.png
Emmet_OD.png

Nate_OD.png
Rosa_OD.png
555.png
496.png
defeated
Ingo_OD.png
Emmet_OD.png
533.png
525.png
in a 2 vs 2 battle.
After a quick battle,
Nate_OD.png
went sightseeing and explored Anville Town, The Great Stadium, The Small Court and the Musical Theatre but the main prize was the gym.
Before the gym battle,
Nate_OD.png
headed east onto Route 16 but found that the bridge was closed for maintenance.
Exploring the route
Nate_OD.png
found an entrance into Lostlorn Forest where a strange Hiker
Hiker_OD.png
recited information about a devious Pokemon named Zorark but in a surprising twist, the Hiker turned out to be none other than
571.png
disguised using its illusion ability.
The visit into Lostlorn Forest was not a waste however, as it was brimming with wild Pokemon willing to join the team including
315.png
415.png
214.png
511.png
513.png
515.png
587.png
Nate_OD.png
returned back to Nimbasa City and helped to return a lost
511.png
back to their trainer.
On the way to the gym a lost item appeared and it turned out to be an xtransciver of another trainer and thus a friendship was born.
Finally arriving at the gym,
Nate_OD.png
214.png
defeated Gym Leader Elesa
Elesa_OD.png
587.png
180.png
523.png
in a 1 vs 3 battle to earn the Bolt Badge
30px-Bolt_Badge.png

Returning to the streets
Nate_OD.png
Hugh_OD.png
found
Team_Plasma_M_OD.png
Team_Plasma_F_OD.png
lurking and chased off 4 members.
In a heartfelt backstory,
Hugh_OD.png
revealed the reason he was pursuing Team Plasma was to regain his sisters stolen
509.png

Heading West from Nimbasa City to Route 5
Nate_OD.png
reunited with
Bianca_OD.png
who rewarded valiant battling efforts with HM02. In the middle of a conversation a noise was heard nearby and a Hidden Grotto was discovered opening the mystery of Pokemon even further.

Nate_OD.png

545.png
LV 36
505.png
LV 30
503.png
LV 37
555.png
LV 33
214.png
LV33

30px-Basic_Badge.png
30px-Toxic_Badge.png
30px-Insect_Badge.png
30px-Bolt_Badge.png

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
The next Funfest Mission I wanted to do was Take a Walk with Eggs!, so I went to the Day Care to get a few eggs in my party first. I put my Gyarados and Ditto in the Day Care together in hopes of getting some easy-to-hatch Magikarp eggs. Took me longer than expected to get enough eggs. Once I had the 3 eggs the mission called for, I started the mission and hatched all 3 with lots of time remaining. I used some of the extra time to get and hatch 2 more eggs to fill out my party.

After that, I decided to do the mission Find Steelix!, or whatever it's called. I flew over to Drifveil and went into the Clay Tunnel to look for a wild Steelix in dust clouds. During my first try at the mission, I was unable to find a Steelix, though I did find some gems and evolution stones in the dust clouds, so it wasn't a total waste of time. I fortunately encountered a Steelix on my second try and cleared the mission.

Finally, I went into a Pokemon Center and received a new medal - Mission Host Lv 2 - for all the Funfest Missions I've been "hosting" recently.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Taking To The Skyla

Nate_OD.png
resumes his journey from Route 5 with a Triple Battle against Heartbreaker Charles.
After the battle, it is across Driftveil Bridge were
580.png
joined the team.
Upon arriving in Driftveil City after crossing the bridge,
Team_Plasma_M_OD.png
is arguing in the street with another person
Team_Plasma_M_BW_OD.png
who happens to be from ex-Team Plasma. Although it was not long before
Hugh_OD.png
demanded answers about the missing Pokemon.
Team_Plasma_M_BW_OD.png
invited
Nate_OD.png
to the top of the hill to the house in order to explain why ex-Team Plasma repented for their misdemeanours.
Upon the the top of the hill, a man named Rood
Roodwalkdown.png
issued a challenge in order to test the convictions of
Nate_OD.png
. However, there was no real challenge here.
After the battle,
Roodwalkdown.png
explained the actions of ex-Team Plasma and offered to let
570.png
go on a journey.
The next destination was Dritfveil City Gym.
Nate_OD.png
arrived in the Driftveil City Gym ready for the next challenge.
Nate_OD.png
214.png
503.png
defeated
Clay_OD.png
552.png
028.png
530.png
in a short battle to earn the Clay Badge
30px-Quake_Badge.png

Impressed with the dedication to battling,
Clay_OD.png
invited
Nate_OD.png
Hugh_OD.png
to the southern part of town where a tournament called the PWT (Pokemon World Tournament) was being held.
At the PWT it was discovered that
Cheren_OD.png
would be likewise participating.
Nate_OD.png
agreed to entered the tournament with
503.png
555.png
214.png

Nate_OD.png
214.png
defeated
Hugh_OD.png
496.png
514.png
520.png
in the first round, advancing to the semi finals.
Nate_OD.png
214.png
defeated
Cheren_OD.png
508.png
573.png
505.png
in a clean sweep, advancing to the finals.
In a final match,
Nate_OD.png
214.png
defeated
Colress_OD.png
082.png
599.png
605.png
to become the tournament champion.
Team_Plasma_M_OD.png
ran past and
Nate_OD.png
Cheren_OD.png
Hugh_OD.png
followed in pursuit to a mysterious ship. The mysterious ship turned out to be Team Plasma's base.
Nate_OD.png
Cheren_OD.png
Hugh_OD.png
teamed up to defeat
Team_Plasma_M_OD.png
Team_Plasma_F_OD.png
However, when things began to look up, a mysterious man named Zinzolin
Zinzolin_OD_2.png
appeared, informing that Team Plasma were going to take over Unova once more using the legendary dragon Pokemon. Before more questions could be asked
Shadow_Triad_OD.png
immobilised the gang and cast them overboard.
With the events behind,
Nate_OD.png
cut through Driftveil City onto Route 6 where
Cheren_OD.png
appeared informing about the recent temperature drops across the region.
Whilst traveling on Route 6 the legendary Pokemon Cobalion
638.png
appeared before galloping off into the distance.
With Route 6 coming to an end,
Nate_OD.png
entered the electric paradise Chargestone Cave. Chargestone Cave was brimming with new Pokemon data added for
299.png
595.png
597.png
599.png
602.png
After a long walk,
Nate_OD.png
arrived in Mistralton City and met Professor Juniper
Juniper_OD.png
in person and Mistralton Gym Leader Skyla
Skyla_OD.png
Nate_OD.png
followed
Juniper_OD.png
to Celestial Tower. Celestial Tower is a quiet resting ground for deceased Pokemon, where a magical bell that reverberates through the area with a sound reflecting the individuals personality resides. Impressed by the sound,
607.png
joined the party.
Whilst battling the local trainers
570.png
evolved into
571.png

Still exploring the local amenities,
Nate_OD.png
travelled east to Route 7 however, a man named Marshal from the Elite 4
Marshal_OD.png
was blocking Twist Mountain due to a collapse.
With little left to explore,
Nate_OD.png
returned to Mistralton Gym for the next challenge.
Nate_OD.png
545.png
214.png
503.png
555.png
571.png
defeated
Skyla_OD.png
528.png
227.png
581.png
in an intense battle to earn the Jet Badge
30px-Jet_Badge.png

Nate_OD.png

545.png
LV 36
505.png
LV 39
503.png
LV 39
555.png
LV 33
214.png
LV37
571.png
LV 38

30px-Basic_Badge.png
30px-Toxic_Badge.png
30px-Insect_Badge.png
30px-Bolt_Badge.png
30px-Quake_Badge.png
30px-Jet_Badge.png

Last edited:
Black 2

I made progress through the Virbank Complex and added a bunch of Pokemon to the Pokedex: Magby, Growlithe, Magnemite and Koffing. Only Magby managed to make it into my party before I took on the Gym and defeated Roxie with ease.

Next came the most tiresome feature in B2/W2... Pokestar Studios. What a waste of time. This did NOT need to be a compulsory feature to the game – all it does is encourage my thumb to become even more deformed than it already is without any reason!!!

I've now arrived in Castelia City, ready to investigate what the place has on offer.

Oshawott lvl 20
Flaaffy lvl 18
Magby lvl 13
Riolu lvl 5

Badges: 2
Pokedex: 27 seen, 20 obtained

jnshucker12

I only play Black 1.
My starter was Snivy. I chose to be a male then named myself Kayber.

I was impressed with how the story was while first playing the game. I was surprised, pleasantly surprised, that Pokémon no longer wanted you to catch all the Pokémon. I liked the rivals.

I played the game and caught Pokémon. The first gym was tough. The second gym was tough. I thought Burgh was going to be tough too so I trained more than I need, but he still put up a fight. I was already in love with Burgh (eh-heh, figuratively...) before than, so getting to fight him was a blast. I laughed at all his lines and thought they were gay double entendres. ...By the way I'm female.

And then I started Pokémon Musicals. I still like to play with/in them once in a while.

Elesa was hard. She almost knocked out my whole team. Albeit part of the reason it was so hard was because I made a few mistakes, fought her with a Leavanny on my team, and didn't know Tympole evolved into a ground type. I survived by using revive and switching out Pokémon, like I always do when faced with hard battles.

Clay was somewhat meh. He was a challenge, but he seemed like a pushover to me. Burgh did better than him.

Skyla was basically the same as Clay. Burgh was better than her also.

And then I started the Battle Subway.

And that's the farthest I've gotten. My play style is only to pick up the game every once in a while when I'm bored. But then, I can't play it for 3 hours or more because I'll get bored of the game. Of course I will play for long periods of time when level grinding.

I normally only play to the Elite Four and then quit. Sometimes I play around with extra-game features afterwards though.

I've never traded with anyone before. I don't have any friends that play Pokémon, nor have I ever, and my dad won't let me connect my DS to the wifi at our house. If I did trade, I'd probably just trade lower level Pokémon and/or Pokémon I don't care about. Once I make a bond with my Pokémon, I can't let it go.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Checked which Funfest Missions I hadn't completed today and decided that I was going to do Quiet Hidden Grottoes! next. Before I started that mission, I visited a few Hidden Grottoes to see which ones had Pokemon in them. Once I found three with Pokemon, I started the mission and went back to each grotto. I found and caught Pachirisu and Foongus in the first two. In the third grotto, I caught a Glameow, which had replaced a Zangoose that was there when I checked earlier. After that, I went to some other grottoes as I still had a lot of time left. I found a Watchog and another Glameow, both of which I fainted, so my final score ended up being 5.

After that mission, I did Find Rustling Grass!, which was pretty easy. I just went to Route 1 and very quickly found 5 Pokemon in rustling grass, mostly Audino.