• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen RMT: Hex/Venoshock

Flint Lockwood

Fluttershy
I never said Gliscor was a problem for my team. And Cloyster can only act as a check since he can't safely switch in.

I also did run Hi Jump For awhile on Scrafty, but I felt overall that the point of Scrafty is to outlast my opponent, not neccessarily one shot them off the bat

Klaus™

Banned
gliscor could end up walling your team, once cloyster is gone. sub protects you, then it wreaks havoc with earthquake and facade.

Flint Lockwood

Fluttershy
gliscor could end up walling your team, once cloyster is gone. sub protects you, then it wreaks havoc with earthquake and facade.

Lol if you're talking about a Sub/protect set then Gengar completely walls it, and Sigilyph would win that fight, too. Just because I don't hit it for supereffective damage doesn't mean I don't win the matchup. Besides a Sub/Protect set with EQ and Facade is foolish, to say the least

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero

Flint Lockwood

Fluttershy
facade hits harder than a se ice fang. so no, its not foolish. but i forgot abput gengar. and what major changes are there?

Yeah, Gengar and Sigilyph, alongside P2 even can 1v1 and beat Gliscor, but that's besides the point. The major changes I did to this team involved the team lineup itself (I used to have Conkeldurr and Jellicent, if you didn't read the OP), alongside moveset changes. So yes it's a drastically team. I'm not sure why you seem to be against the fact that I bumped this thread while following the rules of the forum, which is also interesting because you actually haven't really given me a change to make to my team yet, all you've said was that I had a Gliscor weakness that actually doesn't exist. I appreciate all rates and suggested changes, but not when they consist of "You're weak to x" and nothing else

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Yes. Has no one ever noticed the huge psychic weakness? Gengar is quad weak to it, conkeldur is weak to it, jellicent is weak to it, and nidoqueen is weak to it. You have no poke that resists it. Take conkeldur off for a scrafty, who hits steels, resists dark (which you also have a weakness to), and is unaffected by psychics.

Gengar takes double damage from psychic, noob.

Flint Lockwood

Fluttershy
i never said it was a weakness. i said it could potentially be a problem, mostly because it is immune to poison, with poison heal. dont put words into my mouth.

You spent multiple posts telling me how he could beat my team. So even if you didn't "say" that I was weak to Gliscor, you implied it. Either way I proved otherwise

EDIT: After checking through all the original posts in this thread I remember why it died in the first place; I went over to Smogon to get a rate from people who actually understood this game and how the team works. Every rate I got, except from something like two posters was just a jarble of words that made no sense, and people felt the need to respond to them (I believe I had 6 posts all complaining about the person who suggested Clamp on Cloyster, but nothing about Cloyster itself)

So honestly unless there's someone on this forum who even has a shread of sense in Pokemon, I'd rather have this thread locked. The bads left on this forum are why so many good posters from back in the day left.

Last edited:

Xenevix

Some Guy
An issue (that has been adressed by many others) is that something, somehow on your team has to have Taunt, furthermore, you could use a Heal Beller. Otherwise, you could have troubles with other stall teams and set-up teams. Example: An opponent's Umbreon come's in. (You probably would have used some kind of status move so you'll get the rebound from Synchronize but that's not what I'm getting at.) This Umbreon proceeds to use Toxic on your Porygon-2 and your main bulk can no longer last as long as necessary as it is needed to. This Umbreon then proceeds to Curse and Moonlight all over your team. (Scrafty being your only significant check.) Both these issues are fixed with Taunt and/or Heal Bell. I also see that you can have an issue with Guts users, such as Conkeldurr who usually has Payback. (So Gengar wil have an issue.) Moreover, that your two team set-up sweepers are both weak to fighting making it somewhat difficult to come in on already huge threats to your team such as Machamp, Conkeldurr, and Terrakion. (Half of your team is weak to fighting and a lot of fighting types carry Earthquake which also threatens Nidoqueen, who you need to save if there's a spinner or poison type on your opponent's team.) If you had to switch I would keep Scrafty seeing as most people have Cloyster counters now and Scrafty covers a lot of ground that your team isn't already without Coyster. Yes, Cloyster is an offensive monster but it is too easy to predict because almost all Cloysters are the same.

Overall, it seems you handle this team well. I wouldn't usually see this team as amazing but it seems as if you know what to do with it. For this I applaud you, nice job.

Last edited:

Flint Lockwood

Fluttershy
Thank you for the first actual rate in like two pages of this thread.

I used to run a Jellicent that had Taunt, but in the end I opted against using him becaus ehe just opened up my Breloom weakness even more. Also as the whole point of the team is to spread status, and while admittedely with the right setup Unbreon could give me a few issues, overall I have not had many problems dispatching him with too much damage done. However I will keep him in mind, along with a Heal Bell user, which would be nice.

As far as Guts users, I don't have a problem if I use Sigilyph, as they become set up fodder for her (Conkeldurr with Guts on fails to OHKO with Payback, while I can set up Cosmic Powers, outspeed and Roost off damage, and after just one Cosmic Power Conkeldurr can't even guarantee a 2HKO)

You do however bring up a good point in Cloyster, and I have been looking to toss on a Choiced Pokemon over a set up, which will give me more immediate power. I might try out CB Mamoswine for the hell of it, I'll give it a few play tests.

Once again thank you for the rate, it's posts like yours that make me believe this community isn't completely dead