• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen RMT

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
Ok so I'd like to start off by saying that i'm sorry if you had to see my 4th gen RMT becauseit was attrocious. And I have put alot of thought into this Team I made here on pokemon black and i hope you all have nothing but positive feedback to help me inprove my team-building skills!

This being said, heres a first glance:

:598: Ferrothorn
:560: Scrafty
;356; Dusclops
;121; Starmie
;143; Snorlax
;398; Staraptor

Here are the statistics:

:598:

move 1: Spikes
move 2: Power Whip/leech seed
move 3: Thunderwave/Gyroball
move 4: Stealth Rock
item: Leftovers
nature: Sassy
ability: iron barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe

Ok so yea this is standard special wall Ferro. He likes to open up with entry hazzards and then cripple the spinner with T wave or just take it out with gryo|whip. Lefties for healing and EVs for walling. This sets things up for Scrafty.

:560:

move 1: bulk up
move 2: drain punch/hi jump kick
move 3: payback/crunch
move 4: rest
nature: Careful
ability: shed skin
EVs: 252 Hp / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

Ok so this bad-A SoaB can pretty much take any hit; I promise.. And he can toss bulk ups left and right, just to shed-skin some rest off and go at it again. After he's had plenty of bulk ups, he can then proceed to rip the opponents team apart. Drain punch set can use stab fighting moves to heal but obviously will miss a couple OHKOs but it isn't all trouble because after enough bulk ups this scrafty is tough to take down. Payback is used as secondary stab move and great for coverage. Also hits obviously faster pogeymanz for double damage. Totally neuters Focusblast gengar.

;356;

move 1: will-o-wisp
move 2: Substitute
move 3: seismic toss
move 4: disable
item: Eviolite
nature: Impish
ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 defense / 128 SP defense

I don't really know why he is here. I want a Spin blocker. Anyone have any suggestions?

;121;

move 1: rapid spin
move 2: hydro pump
move 3: thunderbolt
move 4: ice beam
nature: timid
ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 hp 252 spe 4 spa

Ok so for now i'm going with 252 hp on starmie but i'm going to raise two starmies and one will have 252 SpA. This is my spinner. Starmie spins away entry hazards. [duh] But also goes for the kill. Most importantly though I want this starmie to stay alive incase more damn spikes/stealth **** pop up. So i'm investing in Hp for now. Still open for VALID INDEPTH SUGGESTIONS on this one.

;143;

move 1: Zen Headbutt/Earthquake
move 2: Fire Punch
move 3: Selfdestruct
move 4: Crunch
nature: Adamant
ability: thick fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 148 SpD / 104 Def

This is quite the odd snorlax I know, but it can take down anything that might pose a threat to Scrafty, counter Focus blast Lucario, or be used as a Suicide for a later-game sweeper. Zen Headbutt can poop on the fighting types that could counter Scrafty like Virizion and Terrakion. Fire punch for Skarmory and Selfdestruct to Suicide on bulky *** things like hippowdon. People tell me earth-quack but zen-butt is looking sexy right now.

;398;

move 1: brave bird
move 2: return
move 3: u-turn
move 4: close combat
item: choice band
nature: adamant
ability: intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 ???

I know that he looks out of place on this bulky freakin' team, but Staraptor makes a good sweeper when proper threats have been eliminated. with choice band he achieves a massive 744 attack, piled upon the already high base of Brave Bird, this is a monstrous threat as a later game sweeper if anything faster has been eliminated. Primarily a last resort, and can also counter shedinja, if that pesky bastard ever appears.

Well I really don't know what else to mention other than none of these pokes are IV bred they are all caught in wild, so they might not be up to par with the rest but hey, they still WRECK. I'm stuck with starmie should i invest in Aych Pee? or Special Attack?

Last edited:

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
desperate bump please some one respond!

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
bleh no help yet? :[

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
hmmm,pretty unorthodox team. but hey it looks like it could work.

Ferrothorn: Looks good but dont run thunder wave with gyro ball,instead try leech seed for further healing with lefties. and maybe only run one entry hazard and then go for a coverage move,but since you have a dedicated spinblocker i guess its okay.

Scrafty: since you have Crunch Will o wispers arent a problem because i gaurantee they wont switch into it so try Moxie instead and run Jolly and replace leftys with chesto berry for Rest,and choose hi jump kick over drain punch. then try setting the EVs to 252 speed 252 HP then just Bulk up a couple times and sweep. its very effective when used right and since your Ferrothorn is there to set up for it the set i suggested will do great.

Dusknoir: hmmm i dont see many of these lately as Eviolite Dusclops is ussually prefered,i understand you want the convinient 100 base attack but consider Dusclops with this moveset: Substitute Will o wisp Seismic toss Disable. youre EVs are also a bit wierd,change it to this : 252 HP 128 defense 128 SP defense

Starmie: this Starmie is really wierd as well....it wont be revenge killing like that i can assure you or doing much damage but its good if you just want a spinner,kinda wasted on Starmie though,try Tentacruel.

Snorlax: the snorlax looks pretty good but physical attacks will wreck him. split the EVs from Sp defense into both defenses and make it Impish. and also but just a little bit more in HP.

Staraptor: CB Staraptor isnt very good to be honest,there are so many better options. Salamence is screaming at you right now,so go breed some bagons if you want a choice bander.

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
hmmm,pretty unorthodox team. but hey it looks like it could work.

Ferrothorn: Looks good but dont run thunder wave with gyro ball,instead try leech seed for further healing with lefties. and maybe only run one entry hazard and then go for a coverage move,but since you have a dedicated spinblocker i guess its okay.

Scrafty: since you have Crunch Will o wispers arent a problem because i gaurantee they wont switch into it so try Moxie instead and run Jolly and replace leftys with chesto berry for Rest,and choose hi jump kick over drain punch. then try setting the EVs to 252 speed 252 HP then just Bulk up a couple times and sweep. its very effective when used right and since your Ferrothorn is there to set up for it the set i suggested will do great.
I appreciate the feedback, but i'm going to stick with the set i have with one minor change. i'm going to toss in payback over crunch. you're idea makes sense, but scrafty is already just too slow for 64 speed points to make a difference. EV's are more wisely tossed in defenses.

Dusknoir: hmmm i dont see many of these lately as Eviolite Dusclops is ussually prefered,i understand you want the convinient 100 base attack but consider Dusclops with this moveset: Substitute Will o wisp Seismic toss Disable. youre EVs are also a bit wierd,change it to this : 252 HP 128 defense 128 SP defense
This set makes sense thank you. ^_^

Starmie: this Starmie is really wierd as well....it wont be revenge killing like that i can assure you or doing much damage but its good if you just want a spinner,kinda wasted on Starmie though,try Tentacruel.
believe it or not i get quite a few nasty revenges with set unintentionally by awkward switch-ins and with some prediction. And I've been doing tentacruel for too long it's getting boring.

Snorlax: the snorlax looks pretty good but physical attacks will wreck him. split the EVs from Sp defense into both defenses and make it Impish. and also but just a little bit more in HP.
Good idea i wish i put more thought into this 'lax thanks. but what abou this moveset?

Staraptor: CB Staraptor isnt very good to be honest,there are so many better options. Salamence is screaming at you right now,so go breed some bagons if you want a choice bander.
Mence is uber i thought? And i love this thing so much it does some work and gets nasty revenge kills late game. Please give me better details other than just telling me 'staraptor sucks'

Still open for feedback, please!

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
Sigh... Bump.

HaagenDazs009

Trainer Trainer
Ferrothorn: As an entry hazard, he looks pretty good. You lose a lot of power from gyro ball if you use thunderwave. If you give him an iron ball that will cut his speed in half and greatly increase the pwoer of gyro ball.

Scrafty: Never really ran into a Scrafty, but his slower speed would benefit more from running payback instead of crunch.

Dusclops: You may look to use pain split in there in order to get some HP if leftovers is too slow.

Starmie: I think leftovers is a little bit useless on Starmie's sub-par HP. You may look to use wise glasses to boost his special attack powers or even put life orb on him. i have put a focus sash on him as well because of his low HP makes him susceptible one-hit shots. This way, Starmie can get in two powerful hits and almost certainly get a kill. Ev train him in speed and special attack. You may want to put in psychic to take advantage of Starmie's typing.

Snorlax: For Snorlax, you may want to put Body Slam in there to get STAB and it may paralyze the other guy. You could also get stockpile which would boost both Snorlax's defense and special defense. Then Leftovers could slowly restore his HP.

Staraptor: Seems like a reasonable sweeper. He seems strong enough.

:598:

move 1: Spikes / Leech Seed
move 2: Power Whip
move 3: Thunderwave/Gyroball
move 4: Stealth Rock
nature: Sassy
ability: iron barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe

Ok so yea this is standard special wall Ferro. He likes to open up with entry hazzards and then cripple the spinner with T wave or just take it out with gryo|whip. Lefties for healing and EVs for walling. This sets things up for Scrafty.

This Ferrothorn wants Leech Seed, and more defenses. The attack doesn't matter, leech seed takes health

:560:

move 1: bulk up
move 2: drain punch/hi jump kick
move 3: payback/crunch
move 4: rest
nature: Careful
ability: shed skin
EVs: 252 Hp / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

Pretty much like Conkeldurr. Go for Drain Punch.
Ok so this bad-A SoaB can pretty much take any hit; I promise.. And he can toss bulk ups left and right, just to shed-skin some rest off and go at it again. After he's had plenty of bulk ups, he can then proceed to rip the opponents team apart. Drain punch set can use stab fighting moves to heal but obviously will miss a couple OHKOs but it isn't all trouble because after enough bulk ups this scrafty is tough to take down. Payback is used as secondary stab move and great for coverage. Also hits obviously faster pogeymanz for double damage. Totally neuters Focusblast gengar.

;356;

move 1: will-o-wisp
move 2: Pain Split
move 3: seismic toss /Night Shade
move 4: Taunt / Substitute / Rest
item: Evolite
nature: Impish / Calm
ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP

A custom set for Dusclops. Dusclops must have Eviolite to reach higher defenses, and almost no HP EVs sounds weird but it's good and Pain Split is stronger
Works as a spin blocker somewhat. I got this set as a suggestion and it looks like it'll work on paper but i'll have
to try it out myself. Sub disable to lock out super effective hits and seismic toss to wittle them down.

;121;

move 1: rapid spin
move 2: hydro pump
move 3: thunderbolt
move 4: recover / Ice Beam
item: Life Orb
nature: timid
ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 spA / 4 HP

Aaaand this is my spinner. Can effectively outspeed and revenge kill other spinners while being able to wall threats like Heatran and Gyarados... And then Revenge kill. I like to invest in the extra SpD EVs to make me feel more secure about Starmie's frailty.

;143;

move 1: Earthquake / Superpower
move 2: Fire Punch
move 3: Selfdestruct/Ice Punch
move 4: Crunch
item: Leftovers / Choice band
nature: Adamant
ability: thick fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

This is quite the odd snorlax I know, but it can take down anything that might pose a threat to Scrafty, counter Focus blast Lucario, or be used as a Suicide for a later-game sweep. Zen Headbutt can poop on the fighting types that could counter Scrafty like Virizion and Terrakion. Fire punch for Skarmory and Selfdestruct to Suicide on bulky *** things like hippowdon. But I'm also stuck on Ice Punch..

;398;

move 1: brave bird
move 2: return
move 3: u-turn
move 4: close combat
item: choice band
nature: Jolly
ability: intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

I know that he looks out of place on this bulky freakin' team, but Staraptor makes a good sweeper when proper threats have been eliminated. with choice band he achieves a massive 780 attack, piled upon the already high base of Brave Bird, this is a monstrous threat as a later game sweeper if anything faster has been eliminated. Primarily a last resort, and can also counter shedinja, if that pesky bastard ever appears.

Well I really don't know what else to mention other than none of these pokes are IV bred they are all caught in wild, so they might not be up to par with the rest but hey, they still WRECK.

Changes in bold,
lol too much bump?

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Mence is not Uber in 5th Gen,pretty far from it actually. And I'm not saying your Staraptor sucks
I'm kindly informing you that the set you are running is outclassed.

Starmie: I think leftovers is a little bit useless on Starmie's sub-par HP. You may look to use wise glasses to boost his special attack powers or even put life orb on him. i have put a focus sash on him as well because of his low HP makes him susceptible one-hit shots. This way, Starmie can get in two powerful hits and almost certainly get a kill. Ev train him in speed and special attack. You may want to put in psychic to take advantage of Starmie's typing.

Staraptor: Seems like a reasonable sweeper. He seems strong enough.
Starmie is a spinner so It needs to stay alive if the oponent uses entry hazards later,so Life Orb isn't ideal without a Cleric. And Psychic gets rather poor coverage and isn't recommended because you can only hit Gengar in the switch,and most carry Focus Sash anyway so they can just outspeed and OHKO you.

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
Ok, first of all, keep Staraptor. It has nice attack and speed.
Now, with Choice Band Brave Bird, it works as a suicide bomber. Literally. If that's what you want, that's great, but as your only fast sweeper I would try to preserve him.
Snorlax is good, he can explode if things get bad (or if he has low health). Ice punch is good for... Grass (covered by starapter)... Flying (covered by Starmie)... and Ground (also covered by Starmie). Keep Self-Destruct.
Give Starmire EVs in Speed for sure. You want him to survive, so Hp would be nice, but for killing stuff Sp. Att.
Dusclops should have eviolite
Scrafty should have Drain Punch to survive FOREVAH, and Crunch becuase you have decent speed.
Ferrothorn is good.

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
thanks everyone for the feedback! i really am stuck on starmie though because everyone is telling me different things for it :[ should he have 252 hp or 252 spatk?