• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen RU Wifi Battling Team

TheAwesome128

< Party Rocker ;)
My 5th Gen RU Team

Pokemon 1: Goldy@ Leftovers
302.png

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Special Defense, 4 Defense
Moves:
-Substitute
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-O-Wisp
-Toxic

I put Goldy as Lead to give the opponent's Lead pokemon a status condition so it can't deal a lot of damage to any of my pokemon. I gave Goldy the Adamant Nature and so Shadow Sneak would do more damage. 252 Hp EVs are for Goldy to stay on the field longer. 252 Special Defense EVs and 4 Defense EVs are so Goldy to have more defenses.

Pokemon 2: GoldBug@Choice Specs
596.png

Nature: Timid
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 Hp
Moves:
-Thunder
-Sucker Punch
-Pursuit
-Bug Buzz

I gave GoldBug a Timid Nature because raise Speed and lower Attack. I know I have Sucker Punch and Pursuit, I didn't know what other Speed Raising Nature I would use (they all either lower my defenses or my Special Attack). Bug Buzz is a powerful STAB move to get rid of Cresses, Umbroens (etc). Thunder is also powerful STAB move to get rid of pests like Vaporuen. Sucker Punch is for Specially Defensive Psychics/Darks. Pursuit is for when i predict the opponent to switch Pokemon. The 252 Speed and Special Attack EVs is for GoldBug to be faster and stronger. 4 HP EVs are to last a little bit longer on the field.

Pokemon 3: GoldGod@Light Clay
480.png

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 180 Hp, 252 Attack, 72 Speed
Moves:
-Stealth Rocks
-U-Turn
-Reflect
-Light Screen

I gave GoldGod the Jolly Nature so the speed of GoldGod use be raised and the special attack stat would low. I gave GoldGod the Light Clay so the Screens would last longer. I gave GoldGod Stealth Rocks because no one else on my team could learn it. U-Turn is to deal damage and being able to be switched out.

Pokemon 4: NOTsoGold@Lum Berry
357.png

Nature: Modest
Abiltiy: Harvest
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Moves:
-Worry Seed
-Rest
-Air Slash
-Energy Ball

I gave NOTsoGold a Modest Nature so Energy Ball would deal more damage. I gave it Rest because the Lum Berry can wake it up AND heal any other up coming stat conditions. Air Slash is to have more type coverage on this team and to get some flinching. Worry Seed is to stop pokemon like Snorlax for using Rest. I choose Energy Ball over Solar Beam because, I don't have Sunny Day/Drought. I gave it Havest so Lum Berry could heal up any stat condition AND wake up when

Pokemon 5: MaybeGold@ Petaya Berry
224.png

Nature:Adamant
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Attack, 252 Special Attack
Moves:
-Seed Bomb
-Scald
-Substitute
-Fire Blast

I gave MayBeGold the Petaya Berry so Special Attack would raise. Seed Bomb is for more move type coverage on MayBeGold. I choose Scald to burn the pokemon if Goldy was taken out. Fire Blast is for any water pokemon that may pop up when GoldGod is gone. Substitute is to take less damge. I gave MayBeGold Suction Cups so if a pokemon wanted to Trick my Berry away, I would still have the Petaya Berry.

Pokemon 6: KindOfGold@Eviolite
447.png

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
-Bullet Punch
-Iron Defense
-Swords Dance
-Payback

I gave KindOfGold Inner Foucus so if a pokemon would use Fake Out, KindOfGold would still hit with a move. I gave KindOfGold Bullet Punch because it is a STAB priority move and Riolu doesn't learn Extremespeed. I gave it Iron Defense so the psychical attacks would do less with the Evolite. It choose to give it Payback because KnidOfGold's defenses are just below decent with Eviolite, so if KnidOfGold gets hit, it would do a lot, x2 is gonning to be a powerful attack.

Please look over my 5th Gen RU team and please post your suggestions/concerns/questions about/for this team. Thank You very much!​

Last edited:

aquasuicune

Partial critique:

If you're primarily using Sableye for status, you should be maximizing defenses. Shadow sneak is never going to do much damage, given that it's a BP 40 move, and so you'd be better off redoing EV's and nature so that you can possibly status a second foe.

Roar has a negative priority modifier; it will always go last regardless of your pokémon's speed. Lillipup might be better with a focus sash, as it's still going to be outsped by a lot of pokémon even with the choice scarf. A focus sash will let you ensure you get in a thunder wave, and since Lillipupp will likely be OHKO'd, you can fire off a maximum power reversal the next turn before he dies.

Uxie should definitely be EV'd defensively. U-turn is a move designed to help you scout, not to deal damage, so the EV's you've wasted in attack and speed would be better off in the defenses along with max HP.

Even with max EV's, Tropius's abysmal attacking stats mean you're not going to deal much damage to anything, and you're just inviting Calm Mind sweepers to set up on you. However, there was a Swords Dancing Harvest set posted in singles rates a little bit ago that you might want to look at; it allows Tropius to boost up to an acceptable attack. Worry seed is useless to stop Resting pokémon, as Tropius won't be doing enough damage in the first place to provoke a Rest.

That's all I care to rate for now, but you do have an interesting concept, even if it is hugely restricting.

First off cool gold Riolu but evolve your pokemon Scoutlands kill when used physically

Moves:
-Substitute
-Shadow Claw
-Will-O-Wisp
-Toxic

Sablye have pretty bad stats so he will not last long unless you use stronger moves

Pokemon 2: Gold@Choice Scarf

Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Hp
Moves:
-crunch
-Ice fang/ fire fang/ thunderfanh
-Retaliate
-Icefang/ fire fang/ thunder fang

Evolve you will noty win with a lilipup this will give you good coverage and scoutlands are tanks

Moves:
-Stealth Rocks
-U-Turn
-Reflect
-Light Screen

can't really change anyhthing however timid naturen would be better

Moves:
-substitute
-Rest
-Air Slash
-Energy Ball

First your SP attack and speed are still too low for a competitive team Substitute will increaes survival

Moves:
-Seed Bomb
-Signal beam/icebeam/surf
-Substitute
-Fire Blast

You need strong moves also naughty nature or lonly would be better

Moves:
-Bullet Punch
-Shadow claw
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake

Evolve him you will not need iron defence all you need to do is attack

TheAwesome128

< Party Rocker ;)
Partial critique:

If you're primarily using Sableye for status, you should be maximizing defenses. Shadow sneak is never going to do much damage, given that it's a BP 40 move, and so you'd be better off redoing EV's and nature so that you can possibly status a second foe.

Roar has a negative priority modifier; it will always go last regardless of your pokémon's speed. Lillipup might be better with a focus sash, as it's still going to be outsped by a lot of pokémon even with the choice scarf. A focus sash will let you ensure you get in a thunder wave, and since Lillipupp will likely be OHKO'd, you can fire off a maximum power reversal the next turn before he dies.

Uxie should definitely be EV'd defensively. U-turn is a move designed to help you scout, not to deal damage, so the EV's you've wasted in attack and speed would be better off in the defenses along with max HP.

Even with max EV's, Tropius's abysmal attacking stats mean you're not going to deal much damage to anything, and you're just inviting Calm Mind sweepers to set up on you. However, there was a Swords Dancing Harvest set posted in singles rates a little bit ago that you might want to look at; it allows Tropius to boost up to an acceptable attack. Worry seed is useless to stop Resting pokémon, as Tropius won't be doing enough damage in the first place to provoke a Rest.

That's all I care to rate for now, but you do have an interesting concept, even if it is hugely restricting.

First off cool gold Riolu but evolve your pokemon Scoutlands kill when used physically

Moves:
-Substitute
-Shadow Claw
-Will-O-Wisp
-Toxic

Sablye have pretty bad stats so he will not last long unless you use stronger moves

Pokemon 2: Gold@Choice Scarf

Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Hp
Moves:
-crunch
-Ice fang/ fire fang/ thunderfanh
-Retaliate
-Icefang/ fire fang/ thunder fang

Evolve you will noty win with a lilipup this will give you good coverage and scoutlands are tanks

Moves:
-Stealth Rocks
-U-Turn
-Reflect
-Light Screen

can't really change anyhthing however timid naturen would be better

Moves:
-substitute
-Rest
-Air Slash
-Energy Ball

First your SP attack and speed are still too low for a competitive team Substitute will increaes survival

Moves:
-Seed Bomb
-Signal beam/icebeam/surf
-Substitute
-Fire Blast

You need strong moves also naughty nature or lonly would be better

Moves:
-Bullet Punch
-Shadow claw
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake

Evolve him you will not need iron defence all you need to do is attack
I updated it so please revise your comment if needed. Also Lucario is OU BTW.