• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally updated my shiny card to include the shiny purrloin from my last hunt. Also picked a new target, vulpix! Doing RE in abundant shrine with timid syncer. In addition to vulipix I wouldn't mind picking up a shiny noctowl or petilil in the process :).

thetifftiff

I finished off another hundred bunneary eggs, bringing me to 400 of those and 1,900 total in my multi hunt. Nothing yet. Not really surprised of course. D:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
i'vbe beemn hatching eggs so embarasingly slowly :$
around 160 hatched and at least 60 more in storage
must...shine...nooowww

Dangertrout

FINALLY! Egg #715 contained my shiny bulbasaur. It's a modest male with relatively superior stats and max defense and special attack. Egg moves: Light Screen and Leaf Storm. Now I just need a female :p *resets counter*

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
I would mm for a shiny eevee but the possiblities of it being female are below plausable. no offense needsalimegreenespeon xD maybe chaining in plat would be easier for that? I wish there was a way to ensure gender better.

Hahaha.. None taken... Man, it's been a while since I've been on. I'm still hatching, through the school work. Just read a really uplifting message in my inbox that pushed me to hunt tonight. (You know who you are!)

Hey Claus351. I've tried chaining, and suck at it. I'm a better egg hatcher than I am a chainer... Trust me... I've tried. I did two weeks of research before attempting it, and I tried on that for a good month before getting frustrated and going back to my MMing. Waste of a month and a half....

Lubu195

Pokemon Collector
failed at RNGing and so far not doing so good with MMing :( oh well must keep trying for that shiny vulpix

Shiny Lord

1800 eggs in my search for shiny sandile and no shiny yet.

Schautzie

After 1,325 eggs my Zorua shines :) Relaxed nature with good endurance.

dan2point5

Whoa, a sudden influx of shiny hunts being completed! Well done guys and gals :) love seeing peoples hard work pay off. Now all I want is for @needsalimegreenespeon to finally have their Eevee shine for them! You can do it!

Decided it's time to get back on the MM bandwagon and start a new hunt. 150 eggs boxed up so think il start hatching them right now. Ekans, I'm coming for you!

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
so, in case anyone wants to know whether your game keeps track of your eggs hatched, i can confirm that it DOES.
you have to spam any random TV, and it'll give you stats on your various things.
it showed me i let 5 pokemon get away, and i used splash 17 times (weird).
but it told me i hatched 3387 eggs so far. i thought it was so many more. at least half of them were foongus.

so, if one were so inclined, one could check the tv right before a major hatching project or some such, and after.

Scrufox86

Congratulations on all recent shinies!

I am so disappointed with my shiny dry spell. My last MM shiny hatched 19/01/2012 and was Caterpie. January 2012 has been my luckiest month so far for MM having gotten 5 shinies throughout but ever since 19th i have not had any luck, even tried random encounters and nothing.

I am in need of motivation, anyone have any motivational shiny story(ies)?

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I dont have any stories, but watching Live Encounter Shiny vids always give me motivation to keep going.

Scratch the "I dont have a story" thing. Back in Leafgreen version, I had just really starting learning about shinies and stuff, and I was thinking "why cant I get one?" About 2 weeks later, I decided to start a new game for the fun of it, and right after beating gary on the route beside Viridian City, a shiny Spearow came across my screen. One of the best moments in my life. With my new attitude about shinies, I later found a shiny geodude and voltorb in the same game.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
I hate this starter shiny hunt .... -_-
I found 3 pochiena shiny on my saphire with only 200 sr... When shiny treeko will come out?

Congratulations to all shiny foumders!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
So far on m shiny Feebas hint i only hatched 65 eggs.now this is taking it slow.:D
TBH i'm really hoping for a short hun t cause i never had one before.:/
I'm a little busy EV training my lack charizard at the moment.XD

dan2point5

Yayyyy!! My shortest ever hunt!
Shiny Ekans just hatched after just 99 eggs. It's Adamant natured and has Shed Skin.
Sooo happy!!

I wish I had a decent camera :-(

richm88

shiny hunter
just started my shiny tepig egg hunt,made about 80 eggs,think il make 150 and then hatch them and hope for the best,fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.