• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiltedTrainer

Guardian of Asgard
I'm new to this MMing thing but I'm trying to do so for shiny Spiritomb. Any hints for a newbie to the practice?

I'm also trying to random encounter a shiny absol too...

pkmnbrawler123

<--- newest shiny :D
I'm new to this MMing thing but I'm trying to do so for shiny Spiritomb. Any hints for a newbie to the practice?

I'm also trying to random encounter a shiny absol too...

Sure. Assuming Spiritomb can be bred, I would take a pokemon that has the magma armor or flame body ability (if you don't have one catch some litwick) and put it in your party and take the rest out. You'll want to get a Japanese ditto or Spiritomb and put it with an english one in the daycare so this will go around 8 times faster than normal. I collect five eggs and hatch them, then put them in the pc and get 5 more, but you can just collect five eggs and put them in the pc and repeat until you have a lot and hatch them five at a time.

As for REing, I usually RE while I'm doing something else like watching tv, just as long as I can recognize the shiny forms of the pokemon in the area I'm REing at. If you want to count your REs, pokemon black and white count your encounters for you on the back of your trainer card if you scroll the text just as long as you know what number of total encounters you were at when you started REing.

thetifftiff

I hatched another 50 vulpix eggs giving me 365 of those and 2,065 total in my multihunt.

I'm a little frustrated and discouraged after I screwed up the snorunt chain I had been doing off and on for almost 24 hours (it spent most of its time in sleep) without seeing a single shiny. I walked out of range. ._.

I also ran around Dragonspiral Tower for a bit but I wasn't very committed to that.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Sure. Assuming Spiritomb can be bred, I would take a pokemon that has the magma armor or flame body ability (if you don't have one catch some litwick) and put it in your party and take the rest out. You'll want to get a Japanese ditto or Spiritomb and put it with an english one in the daycare so this will go around 8 times faster than normal. I collect five eggs and hatch them, then put them in the pc and get 5 more, but you can just collect five eggs and put them in the pc and repeat until you have a lot and hatch them five at a time.

I really don't get why people bother storing all the non-shiny Pokemon they hatch. It's such a waste of box space. The only non-shiny hatchlings I ever keep are female ones with the right nature (and sometimes DW ability) to trade on the GTS.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Thanks you guys.^-^
Now i'm gonna concentrate on my shiny Rayquaza hunt.:3
Good luck everyone.!

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! I HATCHED A SHINY DEINO ON MY 107th EGG!!!! HOLY ****!!!!! I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! I FILLED UP 9 BOXES OF EGGS OVER THE LAST 2 DAYS, AND I STILL HAVE OVER 100 MORE TO HATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! I NAMED HIM ZAMBE, AND HE GOT THE TIMID NATURE FROM THE EVERSTONE, AND FLAWLESS SPEED FROM THE OTHER PARENT!!!!!!!!!! PLUS, HE HAS DARK PULSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! (pictures coming soon :D)

Sprat93

No luck on my Charmander yet :( but I decided to SR for shiny Giratina on my Pl. Could someone please explain how to do the SR method though? I feel like im doing something wrong...

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! I HATCHED A SHINY DEINO ON MY 107th EGG!!!! HOLY ****!!!!! I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! I FILLED UP 9 BOXES OF EGGS OVER THE LAST 2 DAYS, AND I STILL HAVE OVER 100 MORE TO HATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! I NAMED HIM ZAMBE, AND HE GOT THE TIMID NATURE FROM THE EVERSTONE, AND FLAWLESS SPEED FROM THE OTHER PARENT!!!!!!!!!! PLUS, HE HAS DARK PULSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! (pictures coming soon :D)

Wow,congratz!^-^
Shiny Hydreigon is one of the best.

richm88

shiny hunter
Made 150 beldum eggs and ive hatched around 20 so far but no luck.....

pkmnbrawler123

<--- newest shiny :D
I really don't get why people bother storing all the non-shiny Pokemon they hatch. It's such a waste of box space. The only non-shiny hatchlings I ever keep are female ones with the right nature (and sometimes DW ability) to trade on the GTS.

Yes, it is a pain to release them all when you fill up or get a shiny, and the only reason I really keep them is so I can easily count them later because I usually have trouble keeping track.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
No luck on my Charmander yet :( but I decided to SR for shiny Giratina on my Pl. Could someone please explain how to do the SR method though? I feel like im doing something wrong...

save in front of the pokemon and then battle it, if its not shiny then turn your game off and try again. eventually it will be shiny and you can catch it. Thats all there is to it :)

Tommyb2405

hatched about 20-25 eevees today. still non shine. will have more time to hatch over the weekend, so finger crossed eevee will shine :D maybe it's a little too much, me hoping for 8 eevees to shine. ahh well.

Dangertrout

hatched about 20-25 eevees today. still non shine. will have more time to hatch over the weekend, so finger crossed eevee will shine :D maybe it's a little too much, me hoping for 8 eevees to shine. ahh well.

it's not asking for too much. I'M asking for too much. I wanted to complete my dex in white as much as possible (meaning getting all forms of all pokemon in there), so I'm trying to get male and female of everything shiny. That means I need 14 shiny eevee, 7 male and 7 female. o_O
Anyways, still working on my female bulbasaur hunt -> 850 eggs and no shiny yet

I hatched another 50 vulpix eggs giving me 365 of those and 2,065 total in my multihunt.

I'm a little frustrated and discouraged after I screwed up the snorunt chain I had been doing off and on for almost 24 hours (it spent most of its time in sleep) without seeing a single shiny. I walked out of range. ._.

I also ran around Dragonspiral Tower for a bit but I wasn't very committed to that.

Don't know if it works with using different methods but do you wanna race for shiny vulpix? I'm currently using the RE method and I've had about 1,300 encounters so far with no shinies yet.

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
hmm...so my current MM hunt is REALLY REALLY important to me but i am thinking maybe i shud hatch my stored eggs whilst RE'ing? whaddayou guys think? focus on the ggs, or trapeze the wilds?

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
hmm...so my current MM hunt is REALLY REALLY important to me but i am thinking maybe i shud hatch my stored eggs whilst RE'ing? whaddayou guys think? focus on the ggs, or trapeze the wilds?

I say rotate; hatch a box or 2 of eggs, then if you come up empty RE for a little bit until you get bored then store up some eggs again.

Trying to do both at once would be a pain I think.

My hunting method is working out great so far, just hatched a shiny Squirtle & Chikorita very close to each other. It was so quick it almost stole the excitement for me.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats a ton on Deino Lava!

Anyway I'm still going for eevee but I'm only around 120 eggs. My main target right now is Treecko who is nearing 12000 SRs. Hopefully he will shine before 15000.

Status
Not open for further replies.