• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I DID NOT MM my shiny Spiritomb and it only took 9 eggs! It's amazing!

Oh, boy... I was looking for Hidden Hollow pokemon on GTS. Some guy offered a mienfoo for a shroomish and I gave a try. Whe I was breeding my breloom... BANG!

285.png

Shiny shroomish at the 4th egg! Unexpected, really. My second unexpected shiny in White in an year, after shiny snorunt!

Oh, yeah, the mienfoo wasn't a reckless one... ¬¬"
Was it MMed?

So is mine like the shortest non-MMed shiny Spiritomb in Diamond or something?

Ha ha very funny. But seriously it wasn't MMed.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
MMing trubbish in white. Hopefully it shines soon. I can't wait to have that teal garbador <3

mogan3

Wanna trade
how do u mm

StingrayKurt

I use a foreign ditto to my American pokemon of what I want to be shiny and I hatch the eggs as I get them from the old man,I dont store any eggs.

dan2point5

Good work on the new shinies guys. Let's hope that good luck rubs off!

Best of luck on SRing that Chimchar, over 10k would have driven me to insanity by now so let's hope yours shines soon!

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I seriously got a shiny Eevee today after just seven eggs? Wow...
Time to train it into that awesome shiny Umbreon I've always wanted! :)

Then I'm off to get my light orange Torchic!

Urmille

Budding shiny hunter
After I get a foreign Ditto (or Audino) I will start MM'ing Audinos. I'm horrible at noticing patches of shaking grass so I guess I will try to breed a shiny.
So far I haven't seen a shiny in Pearl or White during my 250+ hours of gameplay.

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
As my sig says, I'm currently at 600+ eggs and still no shiny.
Checking his shiny sprite isn't helping either :p.

elorasheppard

As my sig says, I'm currently at 600+ eggs and still no shiny.
Checking his shiny sprite isn't helping either :p.

I know, I'm exactly the same. I'll be patiently hatching eggs and then look at the shiny just to remember what I'm looking for and suddenly I get the shiny hunting fever!

Only at 30 eggs in my Charmander 1 hunt so still a long way to go. After my last short one, I'm expecting one in the thousands now.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Shazdar

Why is blue?
Just caught shiny sandile of all shiny pokemon sadness descends upon me. Any other shiny would have been better. I am going on a Shiny Sandshrew hunt!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.